What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

On the clock: 2.02 in re-draft. Help me pick! (1 Viewer)

Who's my pick here at 2.02?

• Julio Jones

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tyreek Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else (see my comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
On the clock in a PPR 12 team redraft.  Starts QB/RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/2IDP

Draft so far:
1.01 Barkley, Saquon NYG RB
1.02 Kamara, Alvin NOS RB
1.03 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB
1.04 Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
1.05 Conner, James PIT RB
1.06 Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR
1.07 Adams, Davante GBP WR
1.08 Thomas, Michael NOS WR
1.09  Kelce, Travis KCC TE
1.10 Beckham, Odell CLE WR
1.11 Johnson, David ARI RB
1.12 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
2.01 Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

I went into the draft thinking I would grab two WRs at 1.11 and 2.02 but I just couldn't pass on Johnson at 1.11 despite needing to start only one RB.  Now I'm back on the clock at 2.02 and (a bit) torn between Julio Jones and Tyreek Hill.

Jones is just crazy steady, has a good schedule, and with a few more TDs, contends for the top few WR slots.  Hill is a freak, and without Hunt, may get more looks.  I'm leaning towards Jones because if I'm torn, I look at the "knucklehead factor" and if Hill is on thin ice.  Plus, this is fantasy football and who really wants to root for Hill?

Having said all that, what says the pool?   

Last edited by a moderator:
On the clock in a PPR 12 team redraft.  Starts QB/RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/2IDP

Draft so far:
1.01 Barkley, Saquon NYG RB
1.02 Kamara, Alvin NOS RB
1.03 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB
1.04 Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
1.05 Conner, James PIT RB
1.06 Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR
1.07 Adams, Davante GBP WR
1.08 Thomas, Michael NOS WR
1.09  Kelce, Travis KCC TE
1.10 Beckham, Odell CLE WR
1.11 Johnson, David ARI RB
1.12 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
2.01 Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

I went into the draft thinking I would grab two WRs at 1.11 and 2.02 but I just couldn't pass on Johnson at 1.11 despite needing to start only one RB.  Now I'm back on the clock at 2.02 and (a bit) torn between Julio Jones and Tyreek Hill.

Jones is just crazy steady, has a good schedule, and with a few more TDs, contends for the top few WR slots.  Hill is a freak, and without Hunt, may get more looks.  I'm leaning towards Jones because if I'm torn, I look at the "knucklehead factor" and if Hill is on thin ice.  Plus, this is fantasy football and who really wants to root for Hill?

Having said all that, what says the pool?   
I’d probably take Julio, but that said, it’s too bad you couldn’t have taken Juju knowing one of Hill or JJ woulda been there for ya. 

Hill is less consistent week to week,  but he has huge games. 

I feel like JJ’s lack of TDs were kind of flukey. 

I dunno - it’s really a coin flip of who you like more. Hill has some risk from his off-field antics whereas JJ is a Boy Scout. 

But Hill also has arguably the QB1 & carries massive upside if he develops consistency.

i don’t think there’s a wrong answer between them. Go with the player you want to root for. 

I’d probably take Julio, but that said, it’s too bad you couldn’t have taken Juju knowing one of Hill or JJ woulda been there for ya. 

Hill is less consistent week to week,  but he has huge games. 

I feel like JJ’s lack of TDs were kind of flukey. 

I dunno - it’s really a coin flip of who you like more. Hill has some risk from his off-field antics whereas JJ is a Boy Scout. 

But Hill also has arguably the QB1 & carries massive upside if he develops consistency.

i don’t think there’s a wrong answer between them. Go with the player you want to root for. 
yeah.  I ended up with taking Julio just because he always produces and has a great (very dome-based) schedule.  Hill can win me weeks but can disappear at times too.  Like you said, it was a bit of a coin flip and as much as I like watching the Chiefs play and Mahommes game, all things being equal, I'd rather not root for Hill.  🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread