What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty startup philosophy - crazy? (1 Viewer)

Is it crazy a good philosophy?

• Absolutely viable - you’ll get huge points from those three week to week, with a core of stud player

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Absolutely not - better to diversify looking for value in the mid-range.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Probably not what I'd do, but it seems fine as long as you're getting elite guys (young studs, top 10 overall players) and are not overpaying by too much compared to something like Hindery's player value charts.

Probably not what I'd do, but it seems fine as long as you're getting elite guys (young studs, top 10 overall players) and are not overpaying by too much compared to something like Hindery's player value charts.
I landed Kamara / Hopkins for $116 & $118 with a $500 budget. 

I’m in the lead with $129 on Mahomes, after someone drove it up from the more reasonable $90 I was at for most of the day. 

Those might be the 3 I start my team with, with ~$100 left for 25 roster spots. 

I could still drop my max bid on Mahomes & likely lose him, gaining back the $, but man I really want him.i thought I’d get outbid on one of Kamara or Hopkins. $2 more dollars on either & someone else woulda had one of them.   :doh:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd let someone else get Mahomes. He shouldn't be going for more than Kamara & Hopkins in 1 QB; you should be able to get better deals elsewhere..

I'd let someone else get Mahomes. He shouldn't be going for more than Kamara & Hopkins in 1 QB; you should be able to get better deals elsewhere..
It’s a 1 QB, 1 superflex format. 6 or PaTD too. And right now I’m locked in at $129, and I’m not sure anyone will outbid? So I may be “stuck” with that core 3 to my team. 

Man, CMC is at $121 & Barkley is at $129 with a new 12 hour timer on each. 

Seems like popping the draft cherry with Kamara at $116 set the bar. Only a few “elite” dynasty backs left. Should be interesting to see how much they go for. 

Superflex obviously increases QB value by a lot.

According to Hindery's numbers, $116 for Kamara and $129 for Mahomes are about right. $118 for Hopkins is an overpay. $121 for CMC is about right, and $129 for Barkley is a good deal. (I'm just taking the Value numbers from here, and rescaling them to the $500 budget by multiplying them all by 500/240).

Superflex obviously increases QB value by a lot.

According to Hindery's numbers, $116 for Kamara and $129 for Mahomes are about right. $118 for Hopkins is an overpay. $121 for CMC is about right, and $129 for Barkley is a good deal. (I'm just taking the Value numbers from here, and rescaling them to the $500 budget by multiplying them all by 500/240).
I had Hopkins for $104 until the last 10 mins when it got bumped $14. I’m ok with the slight overpay for the player I wanted. I thought Kamara would get bumped to $120 while Hopkins stayed around $112, so the average is about the same. 

bear in mind that CMC & Barkley now have 12 hours on the clock each, more if another bid tops those, which I’m pretty sure it will. 

Ok, update: it happened. I now have Kamara/Hopkins/Mahomes. 

While an *awesome* core of players to start a season/dynasty with, I have $137/500 to fill out my roster. 

Let the bargain hunting begin’ :lol:  

I expected to have one of Kamara or Hopkins + Mahomes & ~$260 left. Kinda mad about it, but then I look at those 3 and how can I stay mad? 

Any advice folks have for hope to fill 25 roster spots with $137 is appreciated.

Considering a $35-40 investment in a WR2 or RB2 or both, then going bargain basement on the other 23 players for ~$60. 

Or I could get 4-5 ~$20 players & fill out the rest with $1-2 specials. 

Or I could get one more “splash” player for $60 (I think TY Hilton might go for about that) & have $70-ish left. That could also be suicidal. lol

Not the direction I would have gone but you are there now.  I wouldn't worry about anything but bargains.  I would through our a kicker or defense early for $1 and see if you can steal them just so you don't have to worry about it later.   I definitely wouldn't spent $60 on Hilton.  I would try and pinpoint some WR3/4 with WR2 upside that are a bit under the radar.  See if you can get a few of those below cost.  That would be my approach.  Do the same with RB.  Guys that with an injury could explode  

What are your escalations and/or keeper status after this?  Will those salaries go up?  How long do you get/have to keep them?  If one or two of those guys gets a major injury you are screwed.  It's the main reason I wouldn't do that strategy. 

Not the direction I would have gone but you are there now.  I wouldn't worry about anything but bargains.  I would through our a kicker or defense early for $1 and see if you can steal them just so you don't have to worry about it later.   I definitely wouldn't spent $60 on Hilton.  I would try and pinpoint some WR3/4 with WR2 upside that are a bit under the radar.  See if you can get a few of those below cost.  That would be my approach.  Do the same with RB.  Guys that with an injury could explode  

What are your escalations and/or keeper status after this?  Will those salaries go up?  How long do you get/have to keep them?  If one or two of those guys gets a major injury you are screwed.  It's the main reason I wouldn't do that strategy. 
It’s a true dynasty league. No keepers - they’re all keepers until/unless ya drop.

no kickers, so that helps. 

At present I have modest bids ($22-25) on Engram and Ingram. Those are the RB2/TE1 types I’m looking for in the $20-25 range. I’d like to lock up 2 of those types with my next couple bids, then cherrypick the rest of the roster from the $1-3 pile later once everyone’s shot their collective wads. 

And yeah - wasn’t planning on this strategy. Was expecting to be beat on Kamara or Hopkins, and pair one of them with Mahomes.

But then both Kamara & Hopkins got bid up within $2 of my cap, and I got stuck with both. 

So now I have 3 absolute stud dynasty guys & a limited budget (~$136) 

if I can get Ingram/Engram for ~$50, I’ll have ~$86 to fill out the roster. Not ideal,  but a core of 5 players that can potentially win me some weeks. 

So no salary escalations and you must drop salary to acquire players in the future.  Will it be an auction or rookie draft?  what about free agents?  I understand you keep everyone but usually there are escalations, taxi squad, rookie draft (what salary are rookies?), etc that play into the cap space.  Is it a hard cap?  You can never go over the $500 at anytime?

Tough to give advice with so many variables. 

So no salary escalations and you must drop salary to acquire players in the future.  Will it be an auction or rookie draft?  what about free agents?  I understand you keep everyone but usually there are escalations, taxi squad, rookie draft (what salary are rookies?), etc that play into the cap space.  Is it a hard cap?  You can never go over the $500 at anytime?

Tough to give advice with so many variables. 
There’s no salary cap. It’s a dynasty league & we keep everyone unless we drop someone. 

Next year is a 5 round rookie draft, held in reverse order of the standings. We expand rosters to 33,  & they need to be trimmed to 28 after the rookie draft, and before free agency/waiver blind bidding starts. 

IR counts against the 33, so if we have 2 on IR, we have to drop 2 to draft 5, or pull them off IR & keep them & only draft 3.

Hey man, thanks for answering mine.  I'd love to help but I've never done auction before.  Anything I said to you would be a complete guess and I'd rather give no advice than bad advice.  

I would say just look on the bright side...  If you had those three players last year it almost wouldn't have mattered who you filled in at the other positions.  Barring injuries or a sever drop off in play, you've already got a pretty solid core to throw some guys around and compete.

There’s no salary cap. It’s a dynasty league & we keep everyone unless we drop someone. 

Next year is a 5 round rookie draft, held in reverse order of the standings. We expand rosters to 33,  & they need to be trimmed to 28 after the rookie draft, and before free agency/waiver blind bidding starts. 

IR counts against the 33, so if we have 2 on IR, we have to drop 2 to draft 5, or pull them off IR & keep them & only draft 3.
Since it sounds like salary cap is irrelevant and your salary was just for the initial auction I really don't mind the approach you ended up doing.  Now you have three elite young guys locked in forever.  You can now go after a few veterans that usually go cheaper than they should in start up drafts to round out your roster to be competitive right from the start.  

Build with cheap veterans that are still startable and upside guys that end up going cheaper than expected.  I think you will be fine

Since it sounds like salary cap is irrelevant and your salary was just for the initial auction I really don't mind the approach you ended up doing.  Now you have three elite young guys locked in forever.  You can now go after a few veterans that usually go cheaper than they should in start up drafts to round out your roster to be competitive right from the start.  

Build with cheap veterans that are still startable and upside guys that end up going cheaper than expected.  I think you will be fine
That’s the plan - after everyone shoots their collective wads, there should be plenty of $1-2 players, and imma try to hold onto enough that I can throw a buck or two more if I have to. 

It’s going to be pretty boring next couple of days until people start getting low on funds and I can be competitive again. 

But if I can get a Tom Brady 12 or $15, origin this Wednesday from eight to $12 or something like that, I won’t hesitate to pull the trigger.

That’s the plan - after everyone shoots their collective wads, there should be plenty of $1-2 players, and imma try to hold onto enough that I can throw a buck or two more if I have to. 

It’s going to be pretty boring next couple of days until people start getting low on funds and I can be competitive again. 

But if I can get a Tom Brady 12 or $15, origin this Wednesday from eight to $12 or something like that, I won’t hesitate to pull the trigger.
I wouldn't go for Brady unless he is $5 or under.   He is the type of player that is only a real bargain in your situation.

I wouldn't go for Brady unless he is $5 or under.   He is the type of player that is only a real bargain in your situation.
With the superflex QBs will all go a little more than they should. No way Brady goes for less than $12. That’s my active bid - he opened at $1, & was at 10 in seconds. He’s holding at 12...we’ll see if it lasts. 

Update: Well, I just got Mark Ingram. He was pretty cheap, and reports are they he could see the lion’s share of touches + get receptions. I liked him in NOLA & IMO he’s much better than his competition in the Baltimore backfield. 

Ok, I just got out-bid on Brady - he’s up to $16, which is too rich for my blood. I’d rather take a shot at Winston for that $. 

I might get Evan Engram for $26. I’m ok with that. 

Update;  Evan Engram was nominated, and calculating his value I bid a modest $17 with a $25 cap. 

Shockingly, I got him for $25.

so my initial 3 studs are now supplemented.

team so far: 

QB Mahomes

RB Kamara/Ingram 

WR Hopkins

TE Engram

WR2/3 - n/a

flex 1 - n/a

flez 2 - n/a

superflex - n/a but I appear to be in the lead on Brady with $18. I meant to bid up the dude who beat me...seems he only bid $1 more. :doh:

Update:

1/2 way through, my roster isn’t bad at all, but depth is a problem. 

I ended up value hunting, but not going the “everything for a dollar!” route. 

That means imma run out of money with ~12 players needed. 

But I learned that once the draft is over I can add those 12 using my FABB $ ($500), so I’m pretty confident i’ll be able to find some nice bench depth & even some overlooked young talent. I want to compete this year. If I miss on FA pick ups & the rookie draft, I can always try to work out a trade for next season. 

Team so far: 

QB - Mahomes, Brady

RB - Kamara, Ingram II, Adrian Peterson, RJones, McKinnon,, And have a bid on Peyton Barber to make sure I lock up the TB backfield. 

WR - Hopkins, AR-15, Sutton, Fitzgerald, 

TE - Engram

I can start Brady at Superflex, and a WR & RB at each of the 2 O-flex spots. 

So my starting lineup is set. I think that team will compete. 

Interestingly AP only went for $3. Dude could be 1000+ yards and ~6-8 TDs. Larry HOFitzgerald was $2. Sometimes people take dynasty too future-focused I think. 

Sometimes people take dynasty too future-focused I think. 
This happens all the time.  There will always be a few owners in every dynasty that are looking too far ahead and miss the value right in front of them.  Too many look at value over the next 5 years.  To me that is way too long because too much stuff can happen.  I always look in 2 yr increments and go to a 3rd year for a tie break if things are equal everywhere else.  The point is to win the league and that doesn't mean forget about the current year but that happens too much in dynasty.  You getting Fitz is a prime example.  He still has gas left in the tank and will perform well above his $2 price tag for this year.  He is the kind of back of the draft bargain that can put you in great position for the current year. 

My last (14th) pick was Tyrell Williams, who I’m actually pretty high on this year. 

And now I wait for FA BB to start. 

After the draft & (3) trades (but before BB waivers run next Sat) here’s the roster.

QB - Mahomes, Brady

RB - Kamara, Ingram, Duke Johnson, Ronald Jones. AP, Quadree Ollison, McKinnon (ugh)

WR - Hopkins, Boyd, ARob, Sutton, fitz, Tyrell Williams 

TE - Engram, LaCosse

PPR. start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 superflex, 2 flex

still have to add 10 players from the wire to have a full roster, but I’m not hating this team. Strong starting lineup for this year. Some nice pieces to build around for the future. 

I think you want to target elite talent.  Always target a player who will retain some trade value or desire from other others.  If you spend $$$ on 3 Top Tier players to build your team around that seems reasonable.  We don't have budgets in our league or keeper rules so when you grab a player they're yours for as long as you keep him.  I generally think you want to target key players with a longer shelf life. Check the Footballguys historical stats page for Top 10-20 players in each position as relevant to your starters go back 10 years.  WHo is still there?  What position do they play?  QB/WR/TE/RB  who has the most turnover?  RBs don't last as long so I try to draft them or target talent and wait. IF it's not a player you care to build around when their value goes up sell high. Get a draft pick or something. Trade a 3rd for a 2nd next year. WHatever upgrades.  Good luck

I think filling your roster with veterans is a mistake.  I think building around your core players is smart.  But don't pay for anyone with no future or current value. Yes people think too far ahead in Dynasty because there's an unknown factor that So&so could still emerge due to talent or situation or both. 

I think the harder, yet smarter play is to lose the Veteran fillers and acquire prospects that you think might be amazing in the future and actively seek trades to improve core players and elite talent among starters.   I did this in Year 1 last year and it's already paying off.  Don't worry about losing during a bye week that you missed out on an RB5 producing at RB3 levels during injury...unless you traded him away for value. 

2020 is supposed to be  loaded draft. Go into with roster space.  Fitzgerald will likely retire, AP likely also. Brady 2-3 years?  You have decent sized rosters. So other owners will also be hoarding players. Give yourself 2-3 years to be in full development mode with roster. I accidentally made the playoffs in the last spot in year 1 because Chubb and others came on strong and trades worked out.     It's hard to win year 1.   Our leagues have similar roster sizes.  I'm in a 10 Team 2 QB league with 3WR, 2RB, 1TE  1W/T 1 W/R 1 W/T/R, 1K 1DEF 2 IDPs. 

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, 

WR: Hopkins, Woods, Jeffery, Sutton, Coutee, MVS, Hakeem Butler, Miles  Boykin, C.Godwin, DPettis, 

RB: Elliott, Chubb, Guice, McKinnon, RJones2nd, R Freeman.  Darwin Thompson

TE: Kelce, HHenry, Goedert, IrvSmithJr

K- blank

DEF: NO

IDP: Keuchly 

QBs: I started the year with Watson and Wilson...I dropped Rosen to pick up Fitzpatrick...and traded him to the Winston owner for Elliott.  I picked up Mayfield. 

RBs:  I started with Chubb, DHenry, Rjones, CThompson, RFreeman, N Hines,  JWilliams, crap really.   I traded for Elliott. Picked up IR players McKinnon and Guice. 

TE: I started with Eifert, Kroft, Gesicki and crap really.  Grabbed Goedert FA,  pickedup HHenry IR,   late in the season E.Engram was on WW for owner that was in championship game. I grabbed him.     After this year's draft I traded Lockett, Hines, Engram to a Seahawks fan for Hopkins.       I traded Henry, Gesicki, Eifert for Kelce in week 3.    Picks were included in  the Fitzgerald and Kelce trades.       I drafted Irv Smith Jr.... I would encourage you to target Hockenson if he's available. 

WRs:  year 1 was autodraft so everyone was screwed equally.   I ranked young WRs higher than old. I ended up with:  Dj Moore, T Lockett, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffery,  C Kirk, DPettis, C Sutton  Acquired Godwin in Elliott Trade, FA Coutee, MVS,      This year I drafted Butler and Boykin.     I don't know if they'll contribute this year at all. They have work to do but their talent scores and upside are elite level players.   I didn't need WRs or a TE but that's what I drafted because I'm targeting talent and waiting. 

YOUR TEAM:/ Player/age/position Rank

WRs: Hopkins 27yo WR1, AROB 26yr WR22, Boyd 26yo WR24,  Sutton 24yr WR27,  Fitz 36yo WR 62, Ty Williams 27yo WR 54.   It would seem that taking a chance on a couple of younger starter caliber WRs in their 1st or 2nd year may not be bad as they'll have 2or3 3-year windows of playing available.  Butler, Boykin, DSamuel, Metcalf, Kirk, Pettis, Coutee, Moore, CSamuel, Godwin, CRidley, 

QBs:  Mahomie! 24yo QB1 Brady 42yo QB25      Targets might include LJAX QB17 JAllen QB17, Mayfield, DAK, Trubisky, Murray, Darnold ....The point is.  Big deal if Brady is only $12 will he help you win a title. What opportunity cost are you giving up. Mahomes was going into his 2nd year last year.  People didn't know he was that good.  You can ride a veteran, but in doing so what are you giving up?  Brady played 20yrs.  If any of the mentioned names are on the roster and about to play 20yrs at a high level you may want to grab them even if it's only 12- years worth.  Deep stashes include Chad Kelly, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, Rypien.   J Rosen is better than the teams he's played on but OLines are terrible. 

RB:  Kamara 24yo Tied for RB#3 overall.   He's young and good.  Ingram: 30yo RB27, AP 34yo RB65, Duke JJ 26yo RB44 Mckinnon 27yo RB43  Ron Jones 22yo RB 34.  Qadree Ollison Not ranked. Rookie.      Get value for those Veterans while you can.    I don't think DukeJJ has had an opportunity to totally prove himself.  Always RBBC.   With the vets on your roster are you missing out on next James Conner? Damian Williams?   NChubb, DHenry? Breida?   You name it.   

TE: Engram 25yo TE4 overall,   Hockenson/Goedert, Hooper, Fant, Herndon all ranked higher than LaCosse 27yo TE 40.   Even if he out performs... you can't trade him to the Brady Owner because you own Brady.  

Overall: Kamara, Hopkins,  Mahomes, Allen Robinson, Evan Engram, Boyd, CSutton, Ingram are the only ones that rank currently on overall list. 

I think Jones is DJJ are solid. I think you have lots of room to upgrade.   If you don't win it all this year. Veterans will cost you significant opportunity. If you bite the bullet and go into building mode while targeting younger elite type talent where it's calculated risk.   PBarber is RB1 in TB but RJones likely RB in the future.  He sucked last year but he's still learning and improving.   Trade for draft picks.    It might sound crazy but consider trading Kamara because RBs don't typically last that long.   He's got crazy good value right now especially with Elliot considering hold out.  See if you can get a staring WR/QB/TE  elite tier only because they seem to last longer.   I think Mayfield is good but I hthink his situation is better than people think. I think Wilson is better but they Run first team.    Just my thoughts I hope you find it helpful

I think filling your roster with veterans is a mistake.  I think building around your core players is smart.  But don't pay for anyone with no future or current value. Yes people think too far ahead in Dynasty because there's an unknown factor that So&so could still emerge due to talent or situation or both. 

I think the harder, yet smarter play is to lose the Veteran fillers and acquire prospects that you think might be amazing in the future and actively seek trades to improve core players and elite talent among starters.   I did this in Year 1 last year and it's already paying off.  Don't worry about losing during a bye week that you missed out on an RB5 producing at RB3 levels during injury...unless you traded him away for value. 

2020 is supposed to be  loaded draft. Go into with roster space.  Fitzgerald will likely retire, AP likely also. Brady 2-3 years?  You have decent sized rosters. So other owners will also be hoarding players. Give yourself 2-3 years to be in full development mode with roster. I accidentally made the playoffs in the last spot in year 1 because Chubb and others came on strong and trades worked out.     It's hard to win year 1.   Our leagues have similar roster sizes.  I'm in a 10 Team 2 QB league with 3WR, 2RB, 1TE  1W/T 1 W/R 1 W/T/R, 1K 1DEF 2 IDPs. 

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, 

WR: Hopkins, Woods, Jeffery, Sutton, Coutee, MVS, Hakeem Butler, Miles  Boykin, C.Godwin, DPettis, 

RB: Elliott, Chubb, Guice, McKinnon, RJones2nd, R Freeman.  Darwin Thompson

TE: Kelce, HHenry, Goedert, IrvSmithJr

K- blank

DEF: NO

IDP: Keuchly 

QBs: I started the year with Watson and Wilson...I dropped Rosen to pick up Fitzpatrick...and traded him to the Winston owner for Elliott.  I picked up Mayfield. 

RBs:  I started with Chubb, DHenry, Rjones, CThompson, RFreeman, N Hines,  JWilliams, crap really.   I traded for Elliott. Picked up IR players McKinnon and Guice. 

TE: I started with Eifert, Kroft, Gesicki and crap really.  Grabbed Goedert FA,  pickedup HHenry IR,   late in the season E.Engram was on WW for owner that was in championship game. I grabbed him.     After this year's draft I traded Lockett, Hines, Engram to a Seahawks fan for Hopkins.       I traded Henry, Gesicki, Eifert for Kelce in week 3.    Picks were included in  the Fitzgerald and Kelce trades.       I drafted Irv Smith Jr.... I would encourage you to target Hockenson if he's available. 

WRs:  year 1 was autodraft so everyone was screwed equally.   I ranked young WRs higher than old. I ended up with:  Dj Moore, T Lockett, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffery,  C Kirk, DPettis, C Sutton  Acquired Godwin in Elliott Trade, FA Coutee, MVS,      This year I drafted Butler and Boykin.     I don't know if they'll contribute this year at all. They have work to do but their talent scores and upside are elite level players.   I didn't need WRs or a TE but that's what I drafted because I'm targeting talent and waiting. 

YOUR TEAM:/ Player/age/position Rank

WRs: Hopkins 27yo WR1, AROB 26yr WR22, Boyd 26yo WR24,  Sutton 24yr WR27,  Fitz 36yo WR 62, Ty Williams 27yo WR 54.   It would seem that taking a chance on a couple of younger starter caliber WRs in their 1st or 2nd year may not be bad as they'll have 2or3 3-year windows of playing available.  Butler, Boykin, DSamuel, Metcalf, Kirk, Pettis, Coutee, Moore, CSamuel, Godwin, CRidley, 

QBs:  Mahomie! 24yo QB1 Brady 42yo QB25      Targets might include LJAX QB17 JAllen QB17, Mayfield, DAK, Trubisky, Murray, Darnold ....The point is.  Big deal if Brady is only $12 will he help you win a title. What opportunity cost are you giving up. Mahomes was going into his 2nd year last year.  People didn't know he was that good.  You can ride a veteran, but in doing so what are you giving up?  Brady played 20yrs.  If any of the mentioned names are on the roster and about to play 20yrs at a high level you may want to grab them even if it's only 12- years worth.  Deep stashes include Chad Kelly, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, Rypien.   J Rosen is better than the teams he's played on but OLines are terrible. 

RB:  Kamara 24yo Tied for RB#3 overall.   He's young and good.  Ingram: 30yo RB27, AP 34yo RB65, Duke JJ 26yo RB44 Mckinnon 27yo RB43  Ron Jones 22yo RB 34.  Qadree Ollison Not ranked. Rookie.      Get value for those Veterans while you can.    I don't think DukeJJ has had an opportunity to totally prove himself.  Always RBBC.   With the vets on your roster are you missing out on next James Conner? Damian Williams?   NChubb, DHenry? Breida?   You name it.   

TE: Engram 25yo TE4 overall,   Hockenson/Goedert, Hooper, Fant, Herndon all ranked higher than LaCosse 27yo TE 40.   Even if he out performs... you can't trade him to the Brady Owner because you own Brady.  

Overall: Kamara, Hopkins,  Mahomes, Allen Robinson, Evan Engram, Boyd, CSutton, Ingram are the only ones that rank currently on overall list. 

I think Jones is DJJ are solid. I think you have lots of room to upgrade.   If you don't win it all this year. Veterans will cost you significant opportunity. If you bite the bullet and go into building mode while targeting younger elite type talent where it's calculated risk.   PBarber is RB1 in TB but RJones likely RB in the future.  He sucked last year but he's still learning and improving.   Trade for draft picks.    It might sound crazy but consider trading Kamara because RBs don't typically last that long.   He's got crazy good value right now especially with Elliot considering hold out.  See if you can get a staring WR/QB/TE  elite tier only because they seem to last longer.   I think Mayfield is good but I hthink his situation is better than people think. I think Wilson is better but they Run first team.    Just my thoughts I hope you find it helpful
It’s definitely helpful. 

Overall I believe I will compete this year. 

My plan is to turn either Hopkins or Kamara into players + picks next year. 

Trouble is I really like both of them. And Kamara is very young.

i didn’t fill my roster with veterans - I was out of $ & needed players. AP cost $3. Fitz was $2. Brady was $20, but relative to other QBs he was a bargain. 

My plan is also to pick up nothing but youth from FA through BB waivers. Those will be 10 more lottery tickets for this season, next season & beyond. I’ll likely be one of the only ones spending a lot on bids this early, since most folks are happy with their drafts. but I also have the most need.

And I won’t hesitate to fire big BB$ at a solid rookie who emerges this season, where others may play it more conservatively. 

Ill see how it goes. I’m not thrilled about how the team shook out, but I think my chances of winning it all this year are excellent compared to other teams. If I get lucky with health I love my chances. 

And I may enter rebuild mode whether I do well they year or not. I should be able to get a nice return on Mahomes, Hopkins or Kamara if I choose to go that route.   :shrug:

It’s definitely helpful. 

Overall I believe I will compete this year. 

My plan is to turn either Hopkins or Kamara into players + picks next year. 

Trouble is I really like both of them. And Kamara is very young.

i didn’t fill my roster with veterans - I was out of $ & needed players. AP cost $3. Fitz was $2. Brady was $20, but relative to other QBs he was a bargain. 

My plan is also to pick up nothing but youth from FA through BB waivers. Those will be 10 more lottery tickets for this season, next season & beyond. I’ll likely be one of the only ones spending a lot on bids this early, since most folks are happy with their drafts. but I also have the most need.

And I won’t hesitate to fire big BB$ at a solid rookie who emerges this season, where others may play it more conservatively. 

Ill see how it goes. I’m not thrilled about how the team shook out, but I think my chances of winning it all this year are excellent compared to other teams. If I get lucky with health I love my chances. 

And I may enter rebuild mode whether I do well they year or not. I should be able to get a nice return on Mahomes, Hopkins or Kamara if I choose to go that route.   :shrug:
Whose team is sh--t?  Trade them for their first round pick.  WHo looks solid. Target their 2nd rounder.  It's usually higher.   Sometimes I trade conditional picks...incentive based on performance.  

Users who are viewing this thread