What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Do People Say They "Hate" Obama? (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
I understand not liking his policies, but I don't understand how anyone could outright hate Obama.  Yet several of our regular Trump supporters on this bored have claimed to hate him.

What did he do to garner hate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand not liking his policies, but I don't understand how anyone could outright hate Obama.  Yet several of our regular Trump supporters on this bored have claimed to hate him.

Link?

According to the candidates last night a lot of democrats didn't like him for deporting all those illegal immigrants and keeping soldiers in Afghanistan.

Link?

According to the candidates last night a lot of democrats didn't like him for deporting all those illegal immigrants and keeping soldiers in Afghanistan.
I'm sure the Trump supporters who have positioned this will come ITT and explain why they hate Obama.

And again, I get disliking the man's policies, etc, but hating him just seems so extreme.  Compared to Trump at least. 

Hate is a pretty strong sentiment. I'm not sure Obama did enough to anyone here specifically to warrant hatred. 

Hate is a pretty strong sentiment. I'm not sure Obama did enough to anyone here specifically to warrant hatred. 
Agreed.

Which is why I find it a weird sentiment to be expressed against someone as milquetoast as Obama.

@Widbil83 is the most recent example of a Trump supporter on this bored saying they hate Obama.  It's very frequent on more Trump friendly boreds though. 

I'm sure you can find people on the internet who said they hate Obama (or anything else). Do you have a link for "Yet several of our regular Trump supporters on this bored have claimed to hate him."?

I don't think it's anywhere remotely common for normal groups of people to say they hate Obama. I know lots of people who disagree with his policies. But I don't know anyone that would say they hate him. :shrug:  

I'm sure you can find people on the internet who said they hate Obama (or anything else). Do you have a link for "Yet several of our regular Trump supporters on this bored have claimed to hate him."?

I don't think it's anywhere remotely common for normal groups of people to say they hate Obama. I know lots of people who disagree with his policies. But I don't know anyone that would say they hate him. :shrug:  
Definitely the one I noted was recent but I'll have to dig to find regular examples.  

@Widbil83 even talked about hating him more and more all the time which I find baffling.

the RW media machine targeted him, and there are tons of people who take their marching orders only from that machine. see also bill, hillary, AOC, et al. basically anyone who is not a republican 

I'm sure the Trump supporters who have positioned this will come ITT and explain why they hate Obama.

And again, I get disliking the man's policies, etc, but hating him just seems so extreme.  Compared to Trump at least. 
So no link then?  Because you just made a pretty bold claim and lumped it to a group of posters here. I’d think several links or a retraction is in order. 

I provide an explicit link with a poster saying they hate Obama.  Are you suggesting that if I do a thorough search I won't find anymore?

I certainly wouldn't suggest that you couldn't find a decent amount of posters claiming to hate Trump. 
There have been posters here that have said they cut ties with family and friends that voted for Trump. 

I provide an explicit link with a poster saying they hate Obama.  Are you suggesting that if I do a thorough search I won't find anymore?

I certainly wouldn't suggest that you couldn't find a decent amount of posters claiming to hate Trump. 
One poster isn’t several. You also make broad generalizations that Trump supporters are dumb. 

I would think when flap used to call him vile and evil, that might qualify.
Or when he was called a pos in the past.  

But a lot of that is hard to fond and search for once it hets deleted.

I think there is a better way to put this thread that may have given better feedback than just the questioning who hated him.

But also at this point not al that relevant anymore.

James Daulton said:

People hate different politicians. People hated RR, Bush the elder,Clinton, W and of course Trump, why not Obama. I don’t hate Obama , seems like a decent guy for a pol but his sports fan guy schtick is disingenuous 

I would like to respond-

1. I have this poster on ignore because he’s said things about President Trump that border on secret service in front of house crazy.

2. I hated Obama 4 years before he was even President for being a complete scoundrel and having Jack Ryan’s divorce record unsealed in his Senate race in 2004.

3. It has always disgusted me and always will.

4. I was proud to vote against Obama 3 TIMES because of this.

5. Why is there an entire thread based on this again?

For the record I don’t remember seeing any of the standard Pro Trump guys here saying that.  In fact I remember a couple of them saying they thought he was/is far more “Presidential” then Trump but they hate his policies.  Some even saying he was the worst President in history but that was largely policy or ineffectiveness driven.  

I found another from Grandpa Rox when I extended my search to the FFA.  Pretty sure he got banned a long time ago, but was once a regular poster.  Three qualifies as several in my book.
Does two and a guy that got banned long ago justify starting a thread?  No.  The answer is certainly no.  

I admit I have no idea what happened in regards to Jack Ryan's divorce records, but Wikipedia indicates it was his GOP primary opponents and the Chicago Tribune that led the charge to get his divorce records.
Didn’t that have something to do with the Star Trek Voyager borg woman? 

John Blutarsky said:
There have been posters here that have said they cut ties with family and friends that voted for Trump. 
I’ve been told by people here that the family members I have can’t possibly be good people because they support Trump.  You (not you specifically, the collective “you”) will have a hard time finding someone who dislikes Trump as much as I do but it’s a bridge to far for me to fathom making that kind of statement.  

Users who are viewing this thread