What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congress voting (1 Viewer)

FF Ninja

Footballguy
This is not new information (stolen from a reddit post from 11 months ago), but I couldn't find it in here and I think it is important to read and discuss.

I mentioned in my first post in this sub-forum that I'm neither a liberal or conservative. I've never voted straight ticket and always vote by a candidate's policies. The following information makes me question some candidates' loyalty to their constituents, though, as some of these votes clearly do not align with the interests/views of the constituents, regardless of party. The most obvious of which was net neutrality given the bipartisan consensus opinion on the matter. To me this highlights the need for campaign finance reform and much greater scrutiny on lobbyists and PACs, as some of these votes were clearly bought.

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

Party-For-Against
Republicans-0-46
Democrats-5-20

House Vote for Net Neutrality

Party-For-Against
Republicans-2-234
Democrats-177-6

Money in Elections and Voting

Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

Party-For-Against
Rep-0-39
Dem-59-0

DISCLOSE Act

Party-For-Against
Rep-0-45
Dem-53-0

Backup Paper Ballots - Voting Record

Party-For-Against
Rep-20-170
Dem-228-0

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

Party-For-Against
Rep-8-38
Dem-51-3

(Reverse Citizens United) Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections

Party-For-Against
Rep-0-42
Dem-54-0

Environment

Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

Party-For-Against
Rep-214-13
Dem-19-162

EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2013

Party-For-Against
Rep-225-1
Dem-4-190

Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

Party-For-Against
Rep-218-2
Dem-4-186

Family Planning

Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

Party-For-Against
Rep-4-50
Dem-44-1

Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Party-For-Against
Rep-3-51
Dem-44-1

Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

Party-For-Against
Rep-3-42
Dem-53-1

Civil Rights

Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

Party-For-Against
Rep-6-47
Dem-42-2

Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

Party-For-Against
Rep-1-41
Dem-54-0

Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

Party-For-Against
Rep-41-3
Dem-25-2

"War on Terror"

Time Between Troop Deployments

Party-For-Against
Rep-6-43
Dem-50-1

Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

Party-For-Against
Rep-54-2
Dem-50-0

Habeas Review Amendment

Party-For-Against
Rep-3-50
Dem-45-1

Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

Party-For-Against
Rep-5-42
Dem-39-12

Authorizes Further Detention After Trial During Wartime

Party-For-Against
Rep-38-2
Dem-9-49

Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

Party-For-Against
Rep-15-214
Dem-176-16

House Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

Party-For-Against
Rep-2-228
Dem-172-21

Senate Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

Party-For-Against
Rep-3-32
Dem-52-3

Prohibits the Use of Funds for the Transfer or Release of Individuals Detained at Guantanamo

Party-For-Against
Rep-44-0
Dem-9-41

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

Party-For-Against
Rep-1-52
Dem-45-1

Misc

Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Party-For-Against
Rep-45-0
Dem-0-52

Allow employers to penalize employees that don't submit genetic testing for health insurance (Committee vote)

Party-For-Against
Rep-22-0
Dem-0-17

Rick Scott’s working on term limits, right? That’s what he said he was going to if elected.

Weird that your first post in this sub forum called Trump supporters maggots and traitors, yet you are still allowed to post here.

Weird that your first post in this sub forum called Trump supporters maggots and traitors, yet you are still allowed to post here.
I used a term a pro-Trump friend had self-imposed jokingly, but after I realized how offensive some perceived it to be, I quickly edited it on my own volition in order to encourage the intended discussion, reduce sidetracking, and minimize offense. As for calling anyone a traitor, I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Someone quoted my original post so you can see that I only edited the one term and removed nothing else, so feel free to point out in that thread where I accused anyone of being a traitor. In the meantime, don't bring your snowflake tears into this thread.

How about doing what you all are doing over there in that thread and asking people to stay on topic. This thread is about how Congress is voting, do you have any thoughts on this topic?  Please and thank you. 

On topic-  the need for reform in Congress is decades overdue.  The money in politics via lobbyists and PAC’s is nose diving this country  into the ground.  

The interesting thing to me is how rarely my state's two senator's vote the same. You would think that on occasion there would be a bill that they would agree that is to the benefit or detriment to the state of Pennsylvania but it almost never happens.

I used a term a pro-Trump friend had self-imposed jokingly, but after I realized how offensive some perceived it to be, I quickly edited it on my own volition in order to encourage the intended discussion, reduce sidetracking, and minimize offense. As for calling anyone a traitor, I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Someone quoted my original post so you can see that I only edited the one term and removed nothing else, so feel free to point out in that thread where I accused anyone of being a traitor. In the meantime, don't bring your snowflake tears into this thread.
Might I suggest you google what the T stands for in MAGATS.

Perception 

How about doing what you all are doing over there in that thread and asking people to stay on topic. This thread is about how Congress is voting, do you have any thoughts on this topic?  Please and thank you. 

On topic-  the need for reform in Congress is decades overdue.  The money in politics via lobbyists and PAC’s is nose diving this country  into the ground.  
The OP included a link to the post I'm talking about.  

And who's you all?  I can provide several links where you are not on topic in that thread whereas I doubt you could provide one where I asked for it to stay on topic.

Might I suggest you google what the T stands for in MAGATS.

Perception 
Honestly thought it was just a phonetic play on a prevalent acronym.  :shrug:

TIL...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on, I really disagree with Warren's proposed idea of the government paying off people's college debt, but I'd like to give her (or anyone else with a similar vow) four years to work on this: https://elizabethwarren.com/issues/#end-washington-corruption

Users who are viewing this thread