What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sickening.
Yeah, I agree we don't do enough for our veterans but, from the article...this guy is no saint,

"But after he was discharged from the military, Segovia-Benitez began to self-medicate with alcohol, his family said, which led to trouble with authorities. He ended up serving time in prison for a variety of crimes, including assault with a deadly weapon and injuring a spouse, for which he received an eight-year prison sentence".

Just sickening.
Yeah, I agree we don't do enough for our veterans but, from the article...this guy is no saint,

"But after he was discharged from the military, Segovia-Benitez began to self-medicate with alcohol, his family said, which led to trouble with authorities. He ended up serving time in prison for a variety of crimes, including assault with a deadly weapon and injuring a spouse, for which he received an eight-year prison sentence".
We have never offered enough treatment for our vets.  I have friends that served in Vietnam and Korea that still wake up screaming almost every night.

We strolled by a Trump hotel in Vancouver this summer. I asked my wife, who in the heck opts to stay there? Hopefully all of his hotels are feeling some pain.
I’d expect an uptick. Even if his solid support were just 10%, his rooms wouldn’t represent 10% of hotel capacity. If anything I’d expect he’s seen occupancy rates increase. 

I’d expect an uptick. Even if his solid support were just 10%, his rooms wouldn’t represent 10% of hotel capacity. If anything I’d expect he’s seen occupancy rates increase. 
Gosh if only there was a way to see how much money the President is making off his office.

I wouldn’t put it that way, but it is true every President enjoys quite a financial windfall having been President. 
It always surprises me people don't understand this issue. It's the US government, the states, foreign governments and contractors paying revenues directly into a president's company. This is like something out of a lousy rural parish/county government.

It always surprises me people don't understand this issue. It's the US government, the states, foreign governments and contractors paying revenues directly into a president's company. This is like something out of a lousy rural parish/county government.
I understand it. I’d think everyone did when he was elected. There’s no mention in those articles of the specifics involved so it’s impossible to know what truly happened as they are quite vague. If bookings were solicited then it’s something entirely different than it just occurring. Although I don’t know of anyone who voted for or against him who didn’t know he owned hotels at the time of the election so I wouldn’t find this shocking 

I understand it. I’d think everyone did when he was elected. There’s no mention in those articles of the specifics involved so it’s impossible to know what truly happened as they are quite vague. If bookings were solicited then it’s something entirely different than it just occurring. Although I don’t know of anyone who voted for or against him who didn’t know he owned hotels at the time of the election so I wouldn’t find this shocking 
Don’t you remember all those blank pages that he brought out when he lies about putting his assets in a trust?

I reckon some people believed that. 

Yeah I guess the fact that I come from a town where apathy about corruption just like this just makes me think the need to investigate and prosecute is all the more important, not to mention third world nations that carry just that attitude into oblivion. It seems reckless and self-destructive.

Don’t you remember all those blank pages that he brought out when he lies about putting his assets in a trust?

I reckon some people believed that. 
You’d have to ask someone who did. It’s hard to quarantine, for lack of a better term, a business in such a way as is suggested. When you elect a businessman, it’s not surprising to me. 

You’d have to ask someone who did. It’s hard to quarantine, for lack of a better term, a business in such a way as is suggested. When you elect a businessman, it’s not surprising to me. 
I disagree and think that’s giving Trump a pass. 

I work in real estate. I have clients who put their assets in a trust all the time.

Yea - real estate investors have interests in a lot of different entities. So what? Put all those interests in a blind trusts. It’s really not that hard. 

I work in real estate. I have clients who put their assets in a trust all the time.

Yea - real estate investors have interests in a lot of different entities. So what? Put all those interests in a blind trusts. It’s really not that hard. 
Exactly

I wouldn’t put it that way, but it is true every President enjoys quite a financial windfall having been President. 
This is very true, one significant difference than the previous and many others though is this President was very financially successful before becoming President and isn’t becoming exponentially richer only because he’s POTUS. 

This is very true, one significant difference than the previous and many others though is this President was very financially successful before becoming President and isn’t becoming exponentially richer only because he’s POTUS. 
Kind of my take. If 20 extra rooms get rented for a night or two it’s not even a blip on the radar. 

This is ridiculous. 

The other Presidents make money AFTER they are President. Obviously that’s very different than what Trump is doing. 

We’ve never had a President (at least in modern times) profit off the Presidency while in office like Trump. 

I agree he shouldn’t be profiting and that he is but question as I’m uneducated about this kind of thing.  How does him putting all of it in a blind trust make it that much better?

I realize the answer to that question may be that I don’t understand how a blind trust works :)  

Kind of my take. If 20 extra rooms get rented for a night or two it’s not even a blip on the radar. 
The problem as I see it is most people that have a side will use this against the person whether it’s true or not.  My take is we should just all agree that it’s not what we want and then push for measures to be put in place to ensure it can’t happen as opposed to it being murky.

FTR, my 2 cents is I think one of Trumps main motivators in becoming President was to enrich himself - but I think the power and money is a motivator for most people who run for President.  None of them should get rich off of it while in office though.

I agree he shouldn’t be profiting and that he is but question as I’m uneducated about this kind of thing.  How does him putting all of it in a blind trust make it that much better?

I realize the answer to that question may be that I don’t understand how a blind trust works :)  
When you put assets into a blind trust, they are managed by someone else and you don't know what they are doing. So if Trump had actually done this, they could buy or sell his interests and he wouldn't know about it.

Obviously that's not perfect because his kids - some of whom also work in the WH - still have business interests. But it would have been better.

When you put assets into a blind trust, they are managed by someone else and you don't know what they are doing. So if Trump had actually done this, they could buy or sell his interests and he wouldn't know about it.

Obviously that's not perfect because his kids - some of whom also work in the WH - still have business interests. But it would have been better.
Yes..we wouldn't see talk that he is still in the entertaining business.  Or even have to think he negotiated with himself for the G7 to be at Doral.

I also don't think its about a few more people per night.  Its about jacking up prices at places because he is POTUS...or events at his places charging the government large amounts and giving access to POTUS.  Or going out of their way in other countries to stay at a Trump property (which adds extra travel and cost on the taxpayer dime...much of which he then pockets through his business).

It same old same old. Some will say they will do better.....give it a few days it will be more of the same. Looks like we didn’t even get a few days. 
Just for a greater sense of understanding what is the Pro-T crowd here expecting for this thread?   Obviously the name calling, troll accusations, etc are not what’s wanted or excepted but is no criticism of Trump what’s expected?  It’s a Trump 2020 tread right?  So his actions tie to his re-election effort, no?   

If no criticism is what is expected/wanted I suggest a title change.  This won’t keep some of the heavy hitters out likely but it does clarify expectations and help posters like myself from wondering in to make a comment.  Just a suggestion of course, do what you will.   

Peace and love, peace and love.  

Just for a greater sense of understanding what is the Pro-T crowd here expecting for this thread?   Obviously the name calling, troll accusations, etc are not what’s wanted or excepted but is no criticism of Trump what’s expected?  It’s a Trump 2020 tread right?  So his actions tie to his re-election effort, no?   

If no criticism is what is expected/wanted I suggest a title change.  This won’t keep some of the heavy hitters out likely but it does clarify expectations and help posters like myself from wondering in to make a comment.  Just a suggestion of course, do what you will.   

There are endless threads whining and crying and complaining about Trump.......try to keep the whining/crying/complaining in the other 500 and out of the one the people not hysterical over Trump like to check in at that has become unreadable just like the rest of the forum. It’s ok, no one expects it to happen as you all have proven to have no control. 

It's not going to change.  And you can see a mile away that with Maurile's new "rules" that the person that complains about it will get the timeout.  And without complaining they the posting styles and nonsense won't change.
Oh that’s a new rule....please disregard my last post I was only giving an honest response before I saw this. Glad all is fixed. 

There are endless threads whining and crying and complaining about Trump.......try to keep the whining/crying/complaining in the other 500 and out of the one the people not hysterical over Trump like to check in at that has become unreadable just like the rest of the forum. It’s ok, no one expects it to happen as you all have proven to have no control. 
Who are you calling “you all”?   I’ve stayed out of it and was simply asking a question.  

Day 1

I get it.  Not arguing it. 

What I was/am asking (with no snark or point to prove or anything else) is do you guys want this to be a safe zone for only pro Trump opinions (my guess is yes but not 100% sure) or is this a thread about Trump 2020 with the hope it’s civil and civil discussions about Trump 2020 can happen (which obviously would include anti Trump opinions but hopefully without the vitriol and personal attacks).  If it’s the former a title change is suggested.   That’s all. Not attacking, judging or trying to start a fight.   

It’s always rich when the guys that have needed a safe space forum created for them because of the election results in 2016 claim that this thread is a safe space just because you ask that the normal Trump  :cry: schtick stay in the other 99% of the cesspool. Round and round we go. I’m sure a title change will really help those act more mature.  :tfp:

I get it.  Not arguing it. 

What I was/am asking (with no snark or point to prove or anything else) is do you guys want this to be a safe zone for only pro Trump opinions (my guess is yes but not 100% sure) or is this a thread about Trump 2020 with the hope it’s civil and civil discussions about Trump 2020 can happen (which obviously would include anti Trump opinions but hopefully without the vitriol and personal attacks).  If it’s the former a title change is suggested.   That’s all. Not attacking, judging or trying to start a fight.   
Yes, that was the stated intent from the beginning, this is what the OP said on Page 1:

On 6/18/2019 at 1:32 PM, knowledge dropper said:

This is intended to be a positive place to celebrate and strategize.   

It’s always rich when the guys that have needed a safe space forum created for them because of the election results in 2016 claim that this thread is a safe space just because you ask that the normal Trump  :cry: schtick stay in the other 99% of the cesspool. Round and round we go. I’m sure a title change will really help those act more mature.  :tfp:
Everything you posted is wrong.  Point completely missed. Obviously you just want to start a fight so I’m done.  

Yuuuuge few days for Trump. The Durham investigation into the criminals is rolling and al-Baghdadi wiped off the face of the earth. Trump better not announce a China deal this week because we have too much winning going on at the moment. 
Yes, some good news for Trump. But it could be negated if 3rd quarter GDP comes in under 2%, along with the already bad news on the record deficits during a full economy. The solutions to the deficit are not easy, but it's Trump's economy.

FTR, my 2 cents is I think one of Trumps main motivators in becoming President was to enrich himself - but I think the power and money is a motivator for most people who run for President.
In Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore claims that Trump ran for president because Gwen Stefani got a bigger contract on The Voice than Trump did on The Apprentice.  The Trump Tower campaign announcement/escalator gag, replete with paid attendees, was a publicity stunt to send a message to the network.  Moore doesn’t offer any evidence for this in the documentary, but he and Trump were represented by the same agent.  

In a sense, Trump did run for President to enrich himself- just not in the way we might have thought.  

Users who are viewing this thread