What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (1 Viewer)

In Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore claims that Trump ran for president because Gwen Stefani got a bigger contract on The Voice than Trump did on The Apprentice.  The Trump Tower campaign announcement/escalator gag, replete with paid attendees, was a publicity stunt to send a message to the network.  Moore doesn’t offer any evidence for this in the documentary, but he and Trump were represented by the same agent.  

In a sense, Trump did run for President to enrich himself- just not in the way we might have thought.  
That's pretty funny, I did not know that. I honestly believe he probably didn't want to win, yet he ended up here due to the flaws of his competitor.  The fact the he is getting as much if not more done than some recent career politicians speaks volumes of what these career politicians in Washington bring to the table. 

That's pretty funny, I did not know that. I honestly believe he probably didn't want to win, yet he ended up here due to the flaws of his competitor.  The fact the he is getting as much if not more done than some recent career politicians speaks volumes of what these career politicians in Washington bring to the table. 
I am trying to imagine how awesome the Stefani Administration would have been if things had worked out a bit differently.

I don’t understand why you would vote for someone you’re not convinced even wants the job. Doesn’t seem like a good quality when voting on the most powerful job in the world. 

In Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore claims that Trump ran for president because Gwen Stefani got a bigger contract on The Voice than Trump did on The Apprentice.  The Trump Tower campaign announcement/escalator gag, replete with paid attendees, was a publicity stunt to send a message to the network.  Moore doesn’t offer any evidence for this in the documentary, but he and Trump were represented by the same agent.  

In a sense, Trump did run for President to enrich himself- just not in the way we might have thought.  
I'll never trust Gwen again.

I don’t understand why you would vote for someone you’re not convinced even wants the job. Doesn’t seem like a good quality when voting on the most powerful job in the world. 
I don’t understand why you would vote for someone as corrupt as the Clintons. Doesn’t seem like a good quality. 

I don’t understand why you would vote for someone as corrupt as the Clintons. Doesn’t seem like a good quality. 
Go, did you ever consider voting for neither?  That was the approach I took - although I was not in a battleground state.  Also, it wasn’t Johnson either before somebody makes that joke :)  

More from the campaign 

It is a great day for the United States of America, and for the rest of the world.

Under the fierce leadership of our Commander-in-Chief, the radical ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead. Terrorists should never sleep soundly knowing that the U.S. will completely destroy them.

Our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are the very best, and thanks to their bravery and President Trump’s leadership, WE ARE KEEPING AMERICA SAFE!

Unfortunately, Fake News CNN hates President Trump more than they love our country. They completely disrespected our brave men and women in the military by cutting OFF the President's very important announcement to the Nation.

They can’t stand that President Trump is keeping his promises to put AMERICA FIRST, so they’re trying to SILENCE his message before millions of Americans. RIDICULOUS! But, the President has never cared about what the corrupt media thinks, he only cares what YOU think.

President Trump has been working hard to put America First for YOU and your family. Just take a look at some of his recent accomplishments that will Keep America Safe:

Bringing the world’s #1 terrorist leader to justice

Successfully decimating ISIS

Securing our Southern Border by building THE WALL

Working to denuclearize North Korea

Restoring and rebuilding American military strength

Our President has accomplished more for our Nation than any other President in the history of the United States, and now, he wants to know what YOU think about his recent job performance.

We’re giving him ALL RESPONSES by tomorrow morning. Will he see YOURS?

Wasn’t Jill Stein a Russian asset?
:)  So you don’t have to guess any more I voted for Bernie.  Disagreed with him on several things but I felt great coming out of the voting booth voting for what I considered to be a man of principle who cares about people.  It was totally symbolic on my part but I’m still happy I did it.  Again, I was not in a battleground state or I probably would have voted differently.

I’ve heard Gabbert is running for the Russians. 
Blaine?  ;)

I guess it depends on who the Democratic nominee is but my gut tells me 3rd party votes will be down this next election.  It seems like both sides feel there is too much at stake, especially if the nominee is Warren - if this forum is any indication.

If the Democrats nominate Warren, I’d probably vote for Putin over her in a straight up election.  No need to hit me with any Cute Russian Asset innuendos.  

Anyone but Warren.  

If the Democrats nominate Warren, I’d probably vote for Putin over her in a straight up election.  No need to hit me with any Cute Russian Asset innuendos.  

Anyone but Warren.  
You gotta think the bullpen door opens up and you know who walks out soon, because these current Democrat candidates don’t stand a chance.

You guys can send me 200,384 polls 13 months out to prove me wrong, but you know this thing will tighten up when a nominee is chosen. And there is only one potential Democrat nominee who scares me, and they aren’t in the race yet but they are making more noise every day.

You gotta think the bullpen door opens up and you know who walks out soon, because these current Democrat candidates don’t stand a chance.

You guys can send me 200,384 polls 13 months out to prove me wrong, but you know this thing will tighten up when a nominee is chosen. And there is only one potential Democrat nominee who scares me, and they aren’t in the race yet but they are making more noise every day.
That candidate being? 

Bloomberg or HRC?

Neither scares me.  

Bloomberg or HRC?

Neither scares me.  
I can’t come out and say the name because it would be like saying Beetlejuice, and I don’t want to jinx things. 

This candidate would only need to campaign in 3 or 4 states the entire race and could raise a boat load of money right away I’m sure. That’s all the more hinting I can do, but I am absolutely terrified this person may run. Hope I’m wrong.

I can’t come out and say the name because it would be like saying Beetlejuice, and I don’t want to jinx things. 

This candidate would only need to campaign in 3 or 4 states the entire race and could raise a boat load of money right away I’m sure. That’s all the more hinting I can do, but I am absolutely terrified this person may run. Hope I’m wrong.
Michelle?  I’m genuinely curious who this person could be.

More from the campaign 

It is a great day for the United States of America, and for the rest of the world.

Under the fierce leadership of our Commander-in-Chief, the radical ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead. Terrorists should never sleep soundly knowing that the U.S. will completely destroy them.

Our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are the very best, and thanks to their bravery and President Trump’s leadership, WE ARE KEEPING AMERICA SAFE!

Unfortunately, Fake News CNN hates President Trump more than they love our country. They completely disrespected our brave men and women in the military by cutting OFF the President's very important announcement to the Nation.

They can’t stand that President Trump is keeping his promises to put AMERICA FIRST, so they’re trying to SILENCE his message before millions of Americans. RIDICULOUS! But, the President has never cared about what the corrupt media thinks, he only cares what YOU think.

President Trump has been working hard to put America First for YOU and your family. Just take a look at some of his recent accomplishments that will Keep America Safe:

Bringing the world’s #1 terrorist leader to justice

Successfully decimating ISIS

Securing our Southern Border by building THE WALL

Working to denuclearize North Korea

Restoring and rebuilding American military strength

Our President has accomplished more for our Nation than any other President in the history of the United States, and now, he wants to know what YOU think about his recent job performance.

We’re giving him ALL RESPONSES by tomorrow morning. Will he see YOURS?
Pretty cheesy stuff even for Trump. 

Michelle?  I’m genuinely curious who this person could be.
Nope. I believe her 100% when she says she has absolutely no interest in running for office. And why would she? She gets to jet all over the world with Barack and hang out on Richard Branson’s private island. 

Pretty sad that on the day President Trump orders the successful mission taking out one of the greatest terrorists In the history of the world he would get booed at a baseball game. That’s not winning right there, that’s deeply disgraceful (even Morning Joe was appalled by the way so think about that).

Pretty sad that on the day President Trump orders the successful mission taking out one of the greatest terrorists In the history of the world he would get booed at a baseball game. That’s not winning right there, that’s deeply disgraceful (even Morning Joe was appalled by the way so think about that).
The only thing that is sad is that he's still the president. He got booed because of all his reprehensible actions since taking office. Somebody in the military doing their job doesn't offset all of the ways trump has failed at his job.

This is poor logic. One can be applauded and criticized for two different acts simultaneously. Also, the crowd cheered the service members very gleefully. 

should our pres get booed at a baseball game? nope......yet here we are....im sure that stadium was filled with crazy lefties.......

The only thing that is sad is that he's still the president. He got booed because of all his reprehensible actions since taking office. Somebody in the military doing their job doesn't offset all of the ways trump has failed at his job.
Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.

Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.

95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.

Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Meh.

Maybe if the guy left his echo chambers every once in awhile he'd temper his acidity and hateful rhetoric and appeal to a wider range of Americans. Booing unpopular Presidents has been done before....it will be done again.  

It is sad, but we had 8 years of a "cool" President and nothing got done. Being "cool" is overrated. 

It is sad, but we had 8 years of a "cool" President and nothing got done. Being "cool" is overrated. 
Umm...you forgetting the ACA?

You may not like Obamacare, but passing it was WAY bigger than anything Trump has "gotten done".

Trump on the other hand, still doesn't have anything to replace it, almost 3 years after getting into office. And we're not talking about passing a new plan, we're talking about having a plan to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...you forgetting the ACA?

You may not like Obamacare, but passing it was WAY bigger than anything Trump has "gotten done".

Trump on the other hand, still doesn't have anything to replace it, almost 3 years after getting into office. And we're not talking about passing a new plan, we're talking about having a plan to begin with.
https://www.thoughtco.com/reasons-obamacare-is-and-will-continue-to-be-a-failure-3303662

https://www.atr.org/six-years-obamacare-has-failed-deliver

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obamacare-affordable-health-care/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/editorials/ct-obamacare-fail-health-care-insurance-medicine-0911-jm-20160909-story.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-obamacare-failures-that-have-hurt-americans-2016-03-24

Users who are viewing this thread