What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saddest fast food place to eat alone? (1 Viewer)

Rally’s - not only was I unable to rally any companionship - but the only F'n place ta eat, was outside - in the pouring rain - at a crumbl'n concrete table - scribbled out with all those little stick-men F'n sticky women - and apparently some sot found it 'rousing - Gah 

Souplantation. You have to pick everything out and keep walking up and back if you want other stuff. Other fast food you just sit in the corner and wolf down for a couple minutes before anyone realizes you're there. Plus, it's terrible. 

I'm so stupid, but it's just food and I don't think it's sad to eat alone unless, as MoCS points out, it's in your car and raining. Then that's inherently a little sad, but not proverbially so.  Just rain. Just alone. 

It's all good, folks. Gotta eat.  

Unless you're at Golden Corral like the ####er a post or two above me. Then you're sort of screwed.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden Corral (All young people should be required to go there during the lunch rush so they can see what happens when you don't take care of yourself)

:banned:
I took my aunt out to lunch a few years ago and she wanted to go to the GC.  I was shocked..there had to be at least 5-6 obese people in wheelchairs loading up plates of food multiple times, another 3-4 missing limbs and on oxygen. It is actually quite an interesting place to people watch. Just don`t see how the third or fourth plate of anything can still taste good, and that is before the dessert bar.

They thing is if you want you can eat healthy there.  I had some grilled chicken and roasted turkey breast with a huge salad bar.
Felt guilty because I grabbed a couple of onion rings.

I'm so stupid, but it's just food and I don't think it's sad to eat alone unless, as MoCS points out, it's in your car and raining. Then that's inherently a little sad, but not proverbially so.  Just rain. Just alone. 

It's all good, folks. Gotta eat.  

Unless you're at Golden Corral like the ####er a post or two above me. Then you're sort of screwed.   
Weird.  I consider sitting inside a fast food restaraunt eating by yourself far more sad than eating alone in your car.  

Weird.  I consider sitting inside a fast food restaraunt eating by yourself far more sad than eating alone in your car.  
Brother, sad is mostly subjective. I'm laughing as I write this, but Da Guru's post above was almost objectively so.

Oof. And may God Bless us that we don't suffer the same fate and that these people find peace.   

I took my aunt out to lunch a few years ago and she wanted to go to the GC.  I was shocked..there had to be at least 5-6 obese people in wheelchairs loading up plates of food multiple times, another 3-4 missing limbs and on oxygen. It is actually quite an interesting place to people watch. Just don`t see how the third or fourth plate of anything can still taste good, and that is before the dessert bar.

They thing is if you want you can eat healthy there.  I had some grilled chicken and roasted turkey breast with a huge salad bar.
Felt guilty because I grabbed a couple of onion rings.
I agree. Last time I went, the salad bar was full of good choices. There are plenty of healthy options available. It's the obese people that make the visit less enjoyable

Golden Corral (All young people should be required to go there during the lunch rush so they can see what happens when you don't take care of yourself)

:banned:
When I was in college, my buddy and I used to go to Golden on Saturday nights before we'd go out.  We called it "going to the show."  We'd sit on they same side of a table facing the buffet and watch what people got, place $1 wagers on whether we thought they'd go back for 2nds, get certain items, dessert, etc.  Lots of little parlay bets.  In retrospect, it was a sad representation of humanity.  Families of 4, each checking in at close to 300 lbs, each consuming multiple plates of fried food and topping it off with more soft-serve than I have eaten in my life...sad.  Some of my best memories from college were at that place though.

You know I love you, GB.  

But we can't be friends after this comment.
Sorry, but I have to put Popeyes head and shoulders above them.  Bojangles as well (I'm southern, so I love that cajun taste), then likely Zaxby's.  I'm not saying Roy Rogers is bad by any means, just not as good as the others.  Also, lots of local "country store" type places around me have amazing fried chicken - but that's fast food.

Down near Fredrick, MD they have an exit off the highway that has BDubs, Roy Rogers, Waffle House and Bennigan's.  I told my wife we should think about moving to that area.  
Oh man, as an old Southern MD guy, I believe, if you're down near Frederick, you should camp out there, 

But camp. I mean, literally. Camp. In some way.  

Oh, God, when are the DC Guys going to come in and talk about gentrification in their suburbs...been so many years...

Oh man, as an old Southern MD guy, I believe, if you're down near Frederick, you should camp out there, 

But camp. I mean, literally. Camp. In some way.  

Oh, God, when are the DC Guys going to come in and talk about gentrification in their suburbs...been so many years...
Well I don't know if it's technically fast food, but I once sat in a Chesapeake Bay Seafood House for over 4 hours all by myself.   The one in Fairfax, VA across from Paul VI.  Very sad to eat for 4 hours with nothing but a Washington Post at my side. I was #######' starving though and it was worth every penny.

Only the DC people will remember Chesapeake Bay SH.  You could pay $9.99 for all you can eat spiced shrimp, a drink, and hushpuppies.  And this gave you access to everything cheaper on the menu as well (fried and popcorn shrimp, flounder, fried clams, fried scallop.  I'm guessing I packed down over 15,000 calories of fried food heaven in 1 sitting.

Brother, sad is mostly subjective. I'm laughing as I write this, but Da Guru's post above was almost objectively so.

Oof. And may God Bless us that we don't suffer the same fate and that these people find peace.   
Rich, cheap food might be their peace and happiness :shrug:  

All the fast food answers surprise me. I would feel way more awkward/uncomfortable/lonely eating at a sit-down place all by myself as opposed to stopping at Burger King on my lunch break or something.

Eating a sub at Jerry's was the saddest I've personally felt.  Empty store, blighted indoor corner of an adjunct mall building, my only company a listless floor mopper.

All the fast food answers surprise me. I would feel way more awkward/uncomfortable/lonely eating at a sit-down place all by myself as opposed to stopping at Burger King on my lunch break or something.
Could be because the title of the thread specifies fast food.  :shrug:

If it wasn't fast food, my answer would be Chuck E. Cheese.

Rally’s - not only was I unable to rally any companionship - but the only F'n place ta eat, was outside - in the pouring rain - at a crumbl'n concrete table - scribbled out with all those little stick-men F'n sticky women - and apparently some sot found it 'rousing - Gah 
Username checks out.

Souplantation. You have to pick everything out and keep walking up and back if you want other stuff. Other fast food you just sit in the corner and wolf down for a couple minutes before anyone realizes you're there. Plus, it's terrible. 
:bag:   I go there a lot.  Very few single diners in that place.

Jack in the Box.
:bag:   Weekly.  Right near work and I love the mystery tacos.

Der Wienerschnitzel is up there.
:bag:   Typically weekly, I love the "chili".  

Surprised that Taco Bell hasn't come up yet.
:bag:   Also typically weekly;  super cheap and I like being able to enter my name as "Jasper" on the touchscreen.  

Users who are viewing this thread