What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 New York Jets: The Christian Hackenberg Era Begins (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
I'm cautiously optimistic heading into 2018. Jets have a ton of cap space, some high draft picks and for better or worse stability at HC and GM positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest issue facing the New York Jets of course is what will they do at QB. I'm going to re-post my thoughts on that with some updates as a way to get the discussion going,

My preference in order:

1. Draft a QB - My two favorite QBs are Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield. I would not be upset if they moved up to get Rosen, but this team needs to add a lot of talent and I would not want the cost to be prohibitive to building a team. Depending on where Cousins ends up, Rosen could be a possibility. I actually think they can stay put and land Mayfield. I'm starting to fall for him. He has accuracy, mobility and a strong arm. I think his demeanor and leadership would be just what this team needs. He is not without risk of course, but I say "roll that dice". If they go this route I'm fine with bringing back McCown as a mentor/bridge QB. Heck they could even let him start the season and continue to play if they are winning.

2. Kirk Cousins - Personally I think he's plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl provided he has a team around him. Is he "elite"? I don't think so, but he's capable of being a top 10 option for the next 3-6 years. This seems a lot more realistic now that we know he will hit free agency. While he will cost a lot against the cap, the team would still have enough cap space to bring in some o-line help and perhaps even a WR like Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins. It will also allow them to take the BPA at 6 and with their two second round picks. They could take a flier on a mid-round QB and have Petty and Hack battle it out for the backup role with the rookie. Cousins has been durable so backup QB is not a huge priority, but maybe add a cheap veteran as well to the mix.

3. Teddy Bridgewater and early/mid round rookie - I'm a fan of Teddy and have compared him to Chad Pennington from the beginning. I can't say I totally trust him after the injury, but if he checks out and comes at a reasonable price, I can swallow letting him lead the way and see what happens. Hopefully they could finally strike gold with a project type QB waiting in the wings should Teddy falter .

I am not a fan of any other option to be honest. Please do not bring in a past his prime Eli Manning or Jay Cutler, a journeyman coming off a career year like Case Keenum, a uninspiring retread like Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Tannehill or Sam Bradford or a journeyman bum like Brian Hoyer or Blaine Gabbert hoping to once again strike gold ala Fitzmagic or McCown. 

I just do not want to start the season with McCown again.. I can't go through that this season.

I want Cousins first, all in on giving him our best max offer,  if not then please draft a QB.. I don't really want to sign another QB, just draft a guy and start him Day 1...  if we sign a guy he will be the guy all season with Bowles coaching for his job.  I honestly don't care which QB we draft, pick a guy and then start him.

Ideally sign Cousins, trade down a bit with 1st pick to compile more picks, if not draft BPA at 6, then take a top rb with one of the top 50 picks, and an offensive linemen with the other top 50.  For Free agency sign a top Corner, sign a pass rushing DE (ansah?), sign a Center/Lineman (whatever we don't draft) and if  possible sign a WR (landry/arob if they shake free) ..

My biggest issue with Teddy and Bradford are the injury concerns, I just don't want to go down that road.  

Make or break year for the Bowles/Macc combo...

I just do not want to start the season with McCown again..
I would only be ok with that if the Jets get a QB at 6 or trade up. If the rookie looks great in camp then let him start right away but if it looks like he'd get overwhelmed, let Josh start a game or two before giving way. I hate the "idea" of Josh McCown but the guy did play well for the most part and if they manage to win games with him - while still holding a potential franchise QB - I'd be ok with it. I would surely not wait long before getting the rookie out there however.

The good: Lots of cap space and three picks in the top 2 rounds.

The bad: Trusting McCagnan to use that money wisely and draft well.

The ugly: Dopey Bowles is still coaching the team.

Preference:

1) I want Cousins. He's not elite, but I've seen enough of him to think that he's in the top third of QBs. When was the last time we could say that?  Signing him will cost us a lot of cap space, but we have it and all good established QBs cost a lot of money.  This saves our draft picks for BPA.  Through FA or the draft, we must finally address the o-line and maybe edge rusher. Plus we'll need CBs and another RB.

2) If we can't get Cousins, then draft one of top 4 QB prospects. I rather not trade up to get one, but it we have to, fine. Just get one.  We have no talent at QB.  No thanks to any of the other available QBs.  No McCown either. Sure, he had a fine season, but he will be 39. There is no future with him.

Mayfield in New York could be interesting.

In many ways. Both good and not good.

Some Super Bowl thoughts....

Aside from the positive of seeing the Pats lose - I can't help but have these thoughts rattling in my head...

1.  This game just confirms that it is an offensive league...yes the game turned on the strip sack but in order to win these days a team MUST have a very good to top offense.  The Jets have drafted defense in the early rds almost exclusively for a decade...they have missed the memo and need to get young, fast and skilled on offense - stop trying to build a dominant defense at the expense of the offense.  There should be enough young upside talent on that defense to make a run...sign a pass rusher and CB in FA then go young offense in the draft.  

2.  Some good news - Foles played amazing - but to me it was more the system....they had a great game plan, interchanged players and were aggressive.  I'm more encouraged that you dont need a top 3 QB to win the super bowl if you have this kind of great offensive gameplan....The Jets could win with Cousins and a 1st rder without being the second coming.   

3.  some bad news - unless Bates can really step it up and give the Jets a new identity/gameplans I just dont see the above happening.  Could you imagine Bowles going for it multiple times on 4th down?  I'd bet heavily that he would have kicked field goals and punted every time.  You could see the players feeding off Peterson's emotions and confidence in his team....Bowles illustrates none of that.  Watching that game reinforced what I dont like about Bowles....maybe Bates can be the yin to Bowles/ yang but not feeling it. 

4.  The demise of the Pats is not here yet - Brady is not human putting up those numbers....he's another yr older but I think he has another few season at top or close to it form if he avoids injury.  Jets have a yr or 2 before the window may open...just enough time for this draft/offseason to gel....this is a huge offseason to get back in the mix.  

Anyone else have Jet thoughts watching the game or am I the only ill one here!  lol

Aside from the positive of seeing the Pats lose - I can't help but have these thoughts rattling in my head...

1.  This game just confirms that it is an offensive league...yes the game turned on the strip sack but in order to win these days a team MUST have a very good to top offense.  The Jets have drafted defense in the early rds almost exclusively for a decade...they have missed the memo and need to get young, fast and skilled on offense - stop trying to build a dominant defense at the expense of the offense.  There should be enough young upside talent on that defense to make a run...sign a pass rusher and CB in FA then go young offense in the draft.  

2.  Some good news - Foles played amazing - but to me it was more the system....they had a great game plan, interchanged players and were aggressive.  I'm more encouraged that you dont need a top 3 QB to win the super bowl if you have this kind of great offensive gameplan....The Jets could win with Cousins and a 1st rder without being the second coming.   

3.  some bad news - unless Bates can really step it up and give the Jets a new identity/gameplans I just dont see the above happening.  Could you imagine Bowles going for it multiple times on 4th down?  I'd bet heavily that he would have kicked field goals and punted every time.  You could see the players feeding off Peterson's emotions and confidence in his team....Bowles illustrates none of that.  Watching that game reinforced what I dont like about Bowles....maybe Bates can be the yin to Bowles/ yang but not feeling it. 

4.  The demise of the Pats is not here yet - Brady is not human putting up those numbers....he's another yr older but I think he has another few season at top or close to it form if he avoids injury.  Jets have a yr or 2 before the window may open...just enough time for this draft/offseason to gel....this is a huge offseason to get back in the mix.  

Anyone else have Jet thoughts watching the game or am I the only ill one here!  lol
I thought the same thing about Bowles while watching the game. He's the anti-Pederson and would have lost that game. We're in a bad position because he clearly must go but you would have to root against them improving next year for that to happen - and who wants that?

The Jets surely need playmakers on offense. Build the o-line through free agency/draft, draft a QB (or sign Cousins) and draft a guy like Ronald Jones II and maybe we have something going on. I think at least 80% of draft and cap space assets need to go to the offense. The defense is "good enough" as is and some young guys will get better.

I will disagree about point 4, just a little. Brady had a monster game but it seemed all of his WRs were always wide-open and while he's still obviously great, when watching him he just looks a little "off" the last two seasons. He's the smartest guy on the field and I fully expect him to still be good but I see cracks in the overall team. If Gronk retires (and I do not see that as far fetched), the offense could falter a bit. He's the most unguardable guy out there. Don't get me wrong they still easily win the AFCE next year, but the run will end and I can see them not making the Super Bowl again with Brady under center.

I thought the same thing about Bowles while watching the game. He's the anti-Pederson and would have lost that game. We're in a bad position because he clearly must go but you would have to root against them improving next year for that to happen - and who wants that?

The Jets surely need playmakers on offense. Build the o-line through free agency/draft, draft a QB (or sign Cousins) and draft a guy like Ronald Jones II and maybe we have something going on. I think at least 80% of draft and cap space assets need to go to the offense. The defense is "good enough" as is and some young guys will get better.

I will disagree about point 4, just a little. Brady had a monster game but it seemed all of his WRs were always wide-open and while he's still obviously great, when watching him he just looks a little "off" the last two seasons. He's the smartest guy on the field and I fully expect him to still be good but I see cracks in the overall team. If Gronk retires (and I do not see that as far fetched), the offense could falter a bit. He's the most unguardable guy out there. Don't get me wrong they still easily win the AFCE next year, but the run will end and I can see them not making the Super Bowl again with Brady under center.
As a Raider fan, I assure you it's worth it.  I was exactly here 12 months ago - excited about the season we had just had but with zero confidence we had the right guy leading the way.  2017 sucked, no question, but the silver lining is that we fixed it.  Right or wrong, whether Gruden is the answer or not, we're free of JDR, and I'll take that, because having some hope is a whole lot better than not believing your own hype.

As a Raider fan, I assure you it's worth it.  I was exactly here 12 months ago - excited about the season we had just had but with zero confidence we had the right guy leading the way.  2017 sucked, no question, but the silver lining is that we fixed it.  Right or wrong, whether Gruden is the answer or not, we're free of JDR, and I'll take that, because having some hope is a whole lot better than not believing your own hype.
I agree to an extent but last yr was the season to suck...just didnt suck enough lol....they should have started Hack/Petty from day 1...ended up with a top 2 pick and moved on from Bowles....then they would know what they had in Hack...have a better draft pick to definitely land a franchise QB and have a desirable opening gong into the offseason with a top 2 pick and a ton of cap space...but whats done is done....

Failing in 2018 would be a disaster as it would seem the Jets whiffed on the #6 picks and spending $90M didnt help....that could set the franchise back for yrs....I'm with Doc - gotta root for them to win despite Bowles...at least we can hang our hat on Bates as he seems to be respected and has upside....

Bowles would have punted on both of those last two Philly possessions. This game just reminded me of how we can't win with him.

I definitely think the sun is setting on the NE dynasty....I just think they have another yr or 2...but Brady has to get old sometime right? Loss of coaching staff and FA talent....if the Jets have a killer offseason they can give them a run...just think it may take a yr or 2 and I want them to target a long term approach of taking over the AFC East rather than short cuts to try to beat the Pats next yr at the expense of youth and development (ie McCown or old QB vs developing a new one if whiff on Cousins)

Too quiet - seeing a lot of mock drafts lately so let's start a draft discussion to kill some time before FA....who do you like?  Should the Jets trade up or down....if so what would it cost...I'll start

If they land Cousins I would seriously consider a trade down unless Barkley or Chubb fell to them...would love to drop a few spots, grab another 2d rder and draft OL

If they dont land Cosuns its a little more complicated

I'm all in on a trade up to get a one of the top QBs - Rosen/Darnold....I could live with dealing one of the 2ds this yr (pref Seattle) but if they are going to get to #1 it would also likely take a 1st rder next yr.....if Mac is convinced one of the QBs is a big time franchise QB then bite the bullet and do it...can't settle for 2d rate prospect or another developmental guy like Allen at #6

If they really like Mayfield as a fall back they will likely have to trade up to #3/4 for him as well assuming Denver doesnt land Cousins or to avoid a leapfrog from way down - Buffalo.  Would cost less (probably a 3rd or lower 2) but I dont think its worth trading picks for a lesser fallback prospect.  In that scenario I'd sit tight and see whats there...if the QBs they like are gone then trade down a bit and see if Allen falls to a more reasonable pick or maybe roll the dice with Lamar Jackson.  

#6 this yr and needing a QB is really no mans land....Cousins would definitely give them more control over their destiny and really build other areas vs trading valuable needed assets to land a top QB - what are the thoughts out there?  

Too quiet - seeing a lot of mock drafts lately so let's start a draft discussion to kill some time before FA....who do you like?  Should the Jets trade up or down....if so what would it cost...I'll start

If they land Cousins I would seriously consider a trade down unless Barkley or Chubb fell to them...would love to drop a few spots, grab another 2d rder and draft OL

If they dont land Cosuns its a little more complicated

I'm all in on a trade up to get a one of the top QBs - Rosen/Darnold....I could live with dealing one of the 2ds this yr (pref Seattle) but if they are going to get to #1 it would also likely take a 1st rder next yr.....if Mac is convinced one of the QBs is a big time franchise QB then bite the bullet and do it...can't settle for 2d rate prospect or another developmental guy like Allen at #6

If they really like Mayfield as a fall back they will likely have to trade up to #3/4 for him as well assuming Denver doesnt land Cousins or to avoid a leapfrog from way down - Buffalo.  Would cost less (probably a 3rd or lower 2) but I dont think its worth trading picks for a lesser fallback prospect.  In that scenario I'd sit tight and see whats there...if the QBs they like are gone then trade down a bit and see if Allen falls to a more reasonable pick or maybe roll the dice with Lamar Jackson.  

#6 this yr and needing a QB is really no mans land....Cousins would definitely give them more control over their destiny and really build other areas vs trading valuable needed assets to land a top QB - what are the thoughts out there?  
I think Cousins is the key to what is going to happen at the top of this draft, as you said.

I'm basically in the same boat - while I'd rather not use up multiple assets to move up in this draft, if it lands them THE franchise QB, it will be worth it.

I think the Jets tip their hand in free agency (obviously). If they sign Cousins, there's no need an early round QB. If they re-sign Josh McCown, it's a near lock that they are taking one at 6 or moving up.

I don't follow the Jets like some others because, frankly, they haven't been real significant in either ff or NFL terms for some time. But I do see that for every successful, emotionally charged and cheerleading Peterson there is a Landry, Walsh, Shula, Parcells or Belichick standing above the fray who doesn't cheer his team to victory but still gets them there with poise and controlled intensity. Clearly, you can't punt on those 4th downs and win, but those situations might look different to the coach if your team had a history of making plays when needed. If the Eagles had fallen short both times, those calls wouldn't look so great either.

From the outside, it looks like the Jets dismantled their team last season with the intent of getting a great draft position with the worst roster in football. Instead, Bowles coached them to 5 wins and 4 losses within 5 points that could have meant a playoff birth. That would have been among the best examples of team production over expectations ever. I know the last two losses (to very good teams) ended the season on a sour note, but maybe some of that was because Bowles coaching had made you feel like your team was competitive. I'm just saying, I think the jury is still out on Bowles. The easy and popular solution would have been to fire him.

Anyway, I hope you sign Cousins and guarantee yourselves respectability for the next decade. There is a lot of hope when your QB is capable of taking you all the way. If you draft and commit to another Geno, heaven help you.

I don't follow the Jets like some others because, frankly, they haven't been real significant in either ff or NFL terms for some time. But I do see that for every successful, emotionally charged and cheerleading Peterson there is a Landry, Walsh, Shula, Parcells or Belichick standing above the fray who doesn't cheer his team to victory but still gets them there with poise and controlled intensity. Clearly, you can't punt on those 4th downs and win, but those situations might look different to the coach if your team had a history of making plays when needed. If the Eagles had fallen short both times, those calls wouldn't look so great either.

From the outside, it looks like the Jets dismantled their team last season with the intent of getting a great draft position with the worst roster in football. Instead, Bowles coached them to 5 wins and 4 losses within 5 points that could have meant a playoff birth. That would have been among the best examples of team production over expectations ever. I know the last two losses (to very good teams) ended the season on a sour note, but maybe some of that was because Bowles coaching had made you feel like your team was competitive. I'm just saying, I think the jury is still out on Bowles. The easy and popular solution would have been to fire him.

Anyway, I hope you sign Cousins and guarantee yourselves respectability for the next decade. There is a lot of hope when your QB is capable of taking you all the way. If you draft and commit to another Geno, heaven help you.
It's not necessarily about him going for it (or not) in those particular situations with Bowles, it's just that we KNOW for sure he wouldn't go for it in those situations because we've seen him punt the ball away from inside the opponent's 40 yard-line down 14 with 6:00 to play in the game. Most coaches don't have the brass balls that Pederson showed - but most successful coaches don't have the "play not to lose (badly)" mentality that Bowles has either.

Yeah, that. Its not even about "lack of aggressiveness" really. (although that's part of it) Its about reading the tone of the game, knowing your team (and your opponent) and figuring out what makes sense. When your D has been cut up all day, punting the ball from nearly midfield down 2 scores with under 8 minutes to go basically ends the game.

I do think Bowles is too passive. But I also dont think he's all that bright (as far as NFL head coaches go).  The players like him and play hard for him (or at least they did for most of last year) but I dont think I'll ever trust him to run the team if/when they get competitive again.

And I HATE that he played the vets all year although I certainly understand the thought process (3-13 and he probably gets fired). The team was never going anywhere anyway.

Plan A sign Cousins, move down in draft acquire as many picks as possible.

Plan B, move up to 3rd if ALuck is ok and the Colts want to move out of the 3rd slot and draft Mayfield.  Hopefully that would only cost next years 1 and this years 2, if its both 2's and next years 1, I think I would roll the dice and and hope he drops to 6 and save the picks.

Sign a top free agent CB, sign the best Center in free agency and if they can sign Z Ansah

Draft the O-Line with multiple picks and with the the 2nd Rd pick draft one of the top RB's on the board

We need to come out of this off season with some hope at the QB position, that is Mandate #1

I just do not want to start the season with McCown again.. I can't go through that this season.

I want Cousins first, all in on giving him our best max offer,  if not then please draft a QB.. I don't really want to sign another QB, just draft a guy and start him Day 1...  if we sign a guy he will be the guy all season with Bowles coaching for his job.  I honestly don't care which QB we draft, pick a guy and then start him.

Ideally sign Cousins, trade down a bit with 1st pick to compile more picks, if not draft BPA at 6, then take a top rb with one of the top 50 picks, and an offensive linemen with the other top 50.  For Free agency sign a top Corner, sign a pass rushing DE (ansah?), sign a Center/Lineman (whatever we don't draft) and if  possible sign a WR (landry/arob if they shake free) ..

My biggest issue with Teddy and Bradford are the injury concerns, I just don't want to go down that road.  

Make or break year for the Bowles/Macc combo...
Couldn't have said it better...what I fear most about Mac and cap space is that he has been down this road before.  It produced one 10 win season, and then nothing else.  His drafting has been pretty spotty too.  He hit well last year with the safeties, but man, they are safeties.  I don't think it is too hard to pin good ones down (as compared to corners, OLBs, QBs, etc.).  We haven't had a consistent edge rusher since God knows when, we need line help, an impact WR, RB, etc.  We really need to spend that #1 on something other than QB, so we need Cousins.  If we don't get him, we then HAVE to spend the #1 on a QB, and we'll experience another 6-7 win season at best.

Plan A sign Cousins, move down in draft acquire as many picks as possible.

Plan B, move up to 3rd if ALuck is ok and the Colts want to move out of the 3rd slot and draft Mayfield.  Hopefully that would only cost next years 1 and this years 2, if its both 2's and next years 1, I think I would roll the dice and and hope he drops to 6 and save the picks.

Sign a top free agent CB, sign the best Center in free agency and if they can sign Z Ansah

Draft the O-Line with multiple picks and with the the 2nd Rd pick draft one of the top RB's on the board

We need to come out of this off season with some hope at the QB position, that is Mandate #1
Trade value chart suggests their 2.05 alone would be almost enough to get it done.  There's always a premium involved with QB's but I would be shocked if it included a future 1st.  Probably this year's 2nd and 4th.

The biggest issue facing the New York Jets of course is what will they do at QB. I'm going to re-post my thoughts on that with some updates as a way to get the discussion going,

My preference in order:

1. Draft a QB

2. Kirk Cousins 

3. Teddy Bridgewater and early/mid round rookie  .
These are what I'd like to see as well, but I'd probably reverse Teddy and Kirk. I'm just not excited bringing in a "he's a top-12 guy". I'd much rather roll the dice on a pick or a guy who was highly regarded coming out of college and then got hurt. To me, Cousins maybe gets them a playoff appearance or two once they put a better O around him, but nothing that inspires confidence he's leading them to a title run.  

From PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/19/report-jets-will-pay-whatever-it-takes-to-get-kirk-cousins/

The Jets apparently want Kirk Cousins. They apparently want him badly enough that they’re willing to break the bank for him.

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal. The notion of paying “whatever it takes” becomes far more open-ended than that, especially since there’s no way of knowing what it will take until knowing what another team will pay.
Who the hell knows if any of it is true, but thought it worth sharing 

Great negotiation tactic.
LMAO - I can see it now - "Before this negotiation starts I want you to know we are desperate and will pay anything...."

I am a fan of signing Cousins  - I know the knock is he's not a top tier QB - more of a mid tier - but will be payed top tier.....I'm ok with that for a few reasons - 

1.  Jets have literally had a bottom five QB in the NFL since Chad Pennington's prime....mid tier at least gives them a chance

2.  I think Cousin can improve to a top 10 QB if right system and surrounded by weapons....he was putting up solid numbers in a crappy offense devoid of playmakers - even signing him to a $30M contract they will have enough $ to add talent.  

3.  It allows them to keep much needed draft assets and be creative in the draft vs drafting an iffy prospect like Mayfield/Allen and likely having to trade up....love the idea of Cousins plus a solid Center in FA....and add Barkley if he slips or trade down for more OL/offensive firepower.  

As long as the contract is not completely insane I'm for it.....

Cimini may be the beat reporter, but he has no inside sources. We have a friend in common and I don't think he ever had a scoop even off the record. He's just speculating that the Jets will go all out for Cousins, which may very well be true (and likely imo), but everyone has picked up on this and run with it as fact.  This GM is pretty tight-lipped. He's certainly not giving out any inside info to Cimini, not even as some negotiation ploy.

LMAO - I can see it now - "Before this negotiation starts I want you to know we are desperate and will pay anything...."

I am a fan of signing Cousins  - I know the knock is he's not a top tier QB - more of a mid tier - but will be payed top tier.....I'm ok with that for a few reasons - 

1.  Jets have literally had a bottom five QB in the NFL since Chad Pennington's prime....mid tier at least gives them a chance

2.  I think Cousin can improve to a top 10 QB if right system and surrounded by weapons....he was putting up solid numbers in a crappy offense devoid of playmakers - even signing him to a $30M contract they will have enough $ to add talent.  

3.  It allows them to keep much needed draft assets and be creative in the draft vs drafting an iffy prospect like Mayfield/Allen and likely having to trade up....love the idea of Cousins plus a solid Center in FA....and add Barkley if he slips or trade down for more OL/offensive firepower.  

As long as the contract is not completely insane I'm for it.....

I think Cousins is already a top 10 QB albeit in the 8-10 range. Some young guys might bump down a couple of spots in time.

Agree with your points, but the contract will seem insane. You just have to consider what good QBs go for these days and now add free agency on top of it.

I think Cousins is already a top 10 QB albeit in the 8-10 range. Some young guys might bump down a couple of spots in time.

Agree with your points, but the contract will seem insane. You just have to consider what good QBs go for these days and now add free agency on top of it.
trying to be fully objective - these are the QBs that I view as better/I'd rather have than Cosuins

1.  Brady* - 1-2 yrs though

2. Rodgers

3.  Brees - 1-2 yrs though

4.  Wilson

5.  Rivers 1-2 yrs

6. Ben - 1-2 yrs

7.  Cam

8.  Wentz

9.  Stafford

There is a group I'd rate same level or pretty close to Cousins:  

1.  Alex Smith 

2.  carr

3.  Matt Ryan

Finally a group of young qBs with a lot of upside who I'd probably want over Cousins but its close

1.  D Watson

2.  Mariotta

3.  Winston

4.  Goff

5.  Jimmy G

So looking at it this way you definitely can make a case for Cousins anywhere from 10-17....but keep in mind 4 of those are close to the end of the road so now we are talking 8-13 unless others step up....I'll take that in a heartbeat...even if they have to overpay.  With $100M to play with why not finally get a solid QB....it's hamstrung the team for 15+ yrs...with that chip in place and still $ and prime draft picks they would be in as good or better shape than Denver iMO if Kirk looked at the 2 situations objectively

Any way Cousins doesn’t get 30 million a year?
not only is he going to get $30M but now reading they may front load it as high as $60M in 1st yr to blow away everyone but Cleveland - while it would open up a lot of cap room next year I think that is going overboard as they need to fill a lot of holes.  

Users who are viewing this thread