What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Super Bowl Menu (1 Viewer)

Pretzels?  They take a while to make.  So good though.  Might get some Tastykakes from an awesome cheesesteak place too.

Smoked pulled pork (12 hours)

9 racks of ribs 

smoked baked beans 

Buffalo chicken dip 

some pasta salad I will avoid 

maple walnut cupcakes for Boston (wife themes them) 

Butterscotch cupcakes for philly 

homemade pretzels 

I'll probably make collards too

9th year doing this, it's turned into a whole thing. 

My wife is whipping up her amazing buffalo chicken dip. She uses fresh pulled rotisserie chicken and Franks famous Buffalo Hot Sauce and her other secret ingredients. We then get Cape Cod chips, scoop corn chips and scoop Frito's to eat it with.  

For our main course I will be grilling Omaha filet mignon's and bone in NY strip steaks coupled with fresh cold water lobster tails (boiled then finished off on the grill with melted garlic butter basting and on the side for dipping). Homemade garlic smashed potatoes, and grilled (on the BBQ) asparagus brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

This meal will be far better than game.

9 racks of ribs 

smoked baked beans 

Buffalo chicken dip 

homemade pretzels 

Freaking awesome menu Capella.

Back to basics, I think.  Though my brother is trying to get me to lollipop some chicken and to do some bacon wrapped meatballs, and little smokies, and cheese curds with jalapeno slices.  He loves it when I do what he calls the triple tray along with the lollipopped chicken.  Frankly I don't know why he cares as he is usually too coked to eat anyhow. Me, I'm thinking a pork butt.  I don't much care so long as any discussion of the rankings of commercials or stars outfits occurs in a room far away from me. I want to watch the game without having to explain anything to a female or a fan from Boston.  During halftime I want to stroll outside, light a cigar, and smoke and fart in peace before taking a damn big piss and heading back in to watch the game with a fresh plate of food, a cold beer, and a single malt standing bye. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some turkey stew.

Four thighs stewed for two hours in two cups of water, 16 ounces or your favorite BBQ sauce, two teaspoons of tobacco sauce (red).  Then pull the skin and the bones, return the  meat, pulled, to the pot along with two cups halved small yellow potatoes,  one cup halved mushrooms, one cup baby carrots, two cups pearl onions and half a cup of raisins, yes raisins.  Simmer another hour or so, covered.

Goes great with home made French bread with just a bit or rye mixed into the dough.  Damn they smell good cooking together.

Anybody else lollipop chicken bacon wrapped and then finish with maple syrup?  My brother likes them that way.  me, I like them with a kind of sriracha thing to finish them.  I also like a one part BBQ sauce/two parts orange marmalade mix to finish them for ten minutes on th egrill, just enough to firm up the skin and carmalize the sugar in the marmalade/BBQ sauce mix.   

9 racks of ribs 

smoked baked beans 

Buffalo chicken dip 

homemade pretzels 

:bow:  

How do you heathens cook them out there?
Generally buy them already cooked in the market, but if still live, just boil them in salt water 15 minutes or so.  Dungeness crab is delicious by itself so really kind of wasting it in a bisque, but they are in season and very cheap right now.

These have always been a hit.  Try saucing a number of them with habenero peach salsa instead of bbq sauce.  I've used Trader Joe's
I like that.  I don't go with fruit salsas or chutneys near as often as I ought.  (BTW, when I say chutney it means something very different than when an Indian says chutney, though both are very good.  Part of the cultural detriment of being brought up in a Midwestern German/Irish home is a bit of provinciality to one's cuisine.  Fortunately, over the years I have had some exposure to a wider world.) 

9 racks of ribs 

smoked baked beans 

Buffalo chicken dip 

homemade pretzels 

Oh yea and homebrew beer cheese for the pretzels :cool:   

I'm pretty boring I'll make some chili dip, a queso, some high quality guac, some meats and cheeses, and a variety of chips.

You guys take the game way more seriously with your cooking. I'll have to step up my game

Normally I'd smoke something great for it but I think I'm going the easy route this year.  I'll be bringing my world famous bean dip.  1 part rosarita refried beans, 1 part cheddar cheese, mix and microwave.

How come every woman makes buffalo chicken dip?
This is an epidemic in the south, and likely no doubt a contributor to the average woman weighing 190lbs. 

I actually had to start banning cream cheese based dips for football watch parties because that would be the only pot luck items people would bring. THe only actual FOOD would be the stuff I'd smoke.  "We've got a 10lb pork butt and 12 different cream cheese based dips". 

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy a good dip. But enough is enough. 

Seems like a good place as any to put this.....

Well this will be a first for me.  The text invite for the party I'm going to reads...

Hi Greedygoat, We are hosting a super bowl party starting at 4pm if your family would like to join us.  We have a crepe maker coming to handle most of the food but people are bringing a small app or desert anyway.  Just let me know if you can make it and if so how many heads.
Nothing says football like crepes I guess.  44 years old and I've never eaten a crepe in my life. 

Any suggestions on what to start hiding?

This is an epidemic in the south, and likely no doubt a contributor to the average woman weighing 190lbs. 

I actually had to start banning cream cheese based dips for football watch parties because that would be the only pot luck items people would bring. THe only actual FOOD would be the stuff I'd smoke.  "We've got a 10lb pork butt and 12 different cream cheese based dips". 

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy a good dip. But enough is enough. 
No doubt people love them. I won't touch the stuff but it'll be wiped out halfway through the game. 

I'm not really a dip guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread