What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Watson and Hopkins for OBJ and What?? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty .. no PPR .. Standard Scoring .. Start 1 qb, 5 flex (but if you start 2 or 3 rb you must start a TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST

I am 3-8 and out of playoff contention so I have been restocking for next year.  The other owner is 4-7 and in same boat. He wants Watson and Hopkins and is willing to deal OBJ, but I feel something else has to come back with OBJ .. any other player I should go after? Do I have him try and add Matt Ryan?

Give: Watson and Hopkins

Get: OBJ and ??

My roster:

Watson, Luck, Trubisky

Bell, DJ, Freeman, Brieda, McKissic

Hopkins, KAllen, Theilen, Hogan, Doctson

Kelce, Ebron

Tucker, Elliot

KC, Denver

His roster (He starts 5 WR):

Ryan, Garropolo, Brissett

Woodhead

OBJ, Evans, MThomas, Hilton, Diggs, Sanu, Amendola, PRichardson, MWilliams, BMarshall, Inman

Shaheen

Gostkowski, Bryant

NE, Houston

I would like OBJ, but at same time maybe should just sit on the team I have.  Thanks for the help!

If you are giving up Hopkins and Watson...for OBJ and one other, I would go for Garappolo.  It's a gamble and the jury is still out but if you are giving up Watson, not gamble?

Thanks for answering mine

Don't see how you are upgrading your team at all. OBJ and Hopkins both have the same highs. With Watson, Hopkins was a bonafide WR1, and likely a top 3 WR overall. Watson on the other hand was a phenom in just 4-5 games. I just don't see how this trade improves your team at all. Even if OBJ completely kicks his injury problem, look at that offense. It's absolute garbage, and you're probably looking at a new QB in 2019, if not next year. Hold your cards my dude.

Worse case scenario, you can do this trade at the beginning of next season when Watson is healthy again, and the hype rebuilds. You can trade him before he even plays a game. His value is about as low as it can be right now until next season starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would keep Watson and Hopkins as they should be sure things next year. OBJ could have a new QB and new system after the Giants shake things up in the off season. If you do it I would add in another top tier WR like Evans, Thomas or Diggs. His QB's do not come close to replacing Watson, and Hopkins and OBJ are really close to a wash when Watson plays I would pass unless he really sweetens the deal.

When Watson returns next season Hopkins has a good chance to outscore OBJ in Fantasy. I wouldn't give up this pair for anything on his team. 

Users who are viewing this thread