What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan or Luck (1 Viewer)

elmo0823

Footballguy
Someone just dropped Ryan because of Bye Weeks. I have Luck & Watson. I am starting Watson for the time being but his bye week is on week 7 and I don't believe Luck will be back. Do I pickup Ryan and drop Luck or do I take the chance and wait and see with Luck? Thanks.

You reply I will try to reply to yours.

There's no guarantee Luck will be back. And when he is back, how effective will he be? I have no idea why they would even put him on the field at this point. By the time he returns, the Colts will have no shot at the playoffs, so they may as well throw Luck on IR for the year. They've only got themselves (Jim Irsay and Ryan Grigson) to blame for not building an OL to protect Luck. Go with Ryan. There's no reason he should be on the WW. He isn't playing up to his MVP 2016 season right now, but I would predict he does better the rest of the way. An early bye actually helps them since Sanu and Julio are injured right now.

Make the switch. the BEST case for Luck is week 7 and that is iffy (And even if he plays do you want to start him in his very 1st game back??)

This is an easy drop.  You have no idea when Luck will be back, the o-line is a mess, and you have no idea if he will be himself when he does return.  I think Watson will be a startable QB with top 5 upside every week.  You can roll with him so dropping Luck won't really hurt long term either.     

If I knew Luck would be healthy I’d say keep Luck, but given the situation I’d take Ryan

I don't think you're losing that much with Ryan if Luck were to play. Ryan's early numbers are bound to rebound. I'm a Devonta Freeman owner, and anecdotally at least, there seems to be an irrational number of times that Falcons' receivers have been tackled inside the five on long gains, so I think there's some element of luck involved in his performance so far.  As others have said, take the guarantee over the risk.

Thank you for answering the question I posted earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread