What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help! Trade D. Murrary or T. Pryor in deal for K. Hunt... I'll answer yours! (1 Viewer)

Should I trade Demarco Murray or Terrell Pryor?

• Trade Demarco Murray

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Trade Terrell Pryor

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Do not make trade at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raydc

Footballguy
In a standard (non-PPR), keeper league, a team is willing to trade me Kareem Hunt in return for David Johnson + either Demarco Murray or Terrell Pryor.  I am relatively deep at WR (Baldwin, Jeffrey, Pryor, Fitzgerald), and less so at RB (David Johnson (INJ), Murray, D. Martin/Jacquizz Rodgers, Buck Allen).  I realize it's a lot to give in a keeper league for a small sample size of Hunt, but I want to make a run THIS year.  Which of Murray and Pryor would you add to the deal?  Murray has started off slow, and is dogged by hamstring "tightness" from the preseason.  Plus, Derrick Henry has looked outstanding and will constantly be pushing him for carries.  Mularkey has reiterated this week, though, that Murray is still the starter.  But is this the beginning of the end for a 29-year old RB?.. Pryor is supposed to be the #1 WR on a pass-first offense.  First week, he had some bad drops, including a 50-yard bomb in the end zone.  This past week, WAS went run-first and he only got 4 targets.  I am uncertain if he is will ever be a true #1 WR in WAS, despite his massive talent, and whether he will be in WAS with Cousins next year or not.  Please leave a response/vote, your reasoning (if you can), and a link and I will answer yours!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is a tough one. Obviously, I like getting Hunt. He is in a perfect offense for his skill-set with Andy Reid at the helm and an athletic QB waiting in the wings that will open up running lanes because of his speed and rushing ability. Long-term, him and Mahomes will be a great fit for one another. I worry not so much about Johnson but who they find at QB after Palmer. Do teams stack the box the next two years as they bring in a rookie QB and develop him. Obviously he's a stud, maybe a better PPR fit than standard. I think you are fine at RB this year if you move Johnson because you still have a borderline RB 1/2 in Martin and a service-able RB2 in Allen. May want to continue to keep an eye on waivers and be aggressive there at that position as you move through the season. Murray will continue to be the starter but may fall into the Jordan Howard range and begin to split 10-12 touches a game with Henry - especially if they want to try and preserve him through the season. I would hang on to Pryor. The dude is still in his prime and is an athletic freak at that position. He is also getting a lot of targets despite his inefficiency (see: Dez Bryant). Being that it's a standard league and TDs have more value, Murray could also lose goal-line work to Derrick Henry, his own QB (Mariota), and red zone studs Corey Davis, Eric Decker, and Delanie Walker.

Here is mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760489-where-to-go-from-here-looking-to-move-jimmy-graham/

I'd do it, not just for the return this year with Hunt but also for next year. It is pretty obvious that this will be Carson and Fitz's last year so next year will be a complete rebuilding year for the Cardinals snd therefore DJ's value should go down while the Chiefs will have groomed Mahomes and have Tyreek Hill to keep defenses honest adding value to Hunt.

I'd do it, not just for the return this year with Hunt but also for next year. It is pretty obvious that this will be Carson and Fitz's last year so next year will be a complete rebuilding year for the Cardinals snd therefore DJ's value should go down while the Chiefs will have groomed Mahomes and have Tyreek Hill to keep defenses honest adding value to Hunt.
Beerbuff, thanks.  Would you trade Murray or Pryor, then?

I would try and trade Murray first but Pryor if that doesn't fly. After last weeks performance by Henry, Murray's touches even without injuries will be declining.

If you want to “make a run” this year I would do the deal...I would try and include Murray as he is 29 years old, hurt and has some serious competition. Plus, Doug Martin is nearing his return and could equal Murray’s numbers when he comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread