What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls - Back in Week 11 ? WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
I know he is ruled out for Week 10.  So far he has had limited practice Wednesday and Thursday this week.

How likely do you think it is he will play week 11?  I need a bye week cover for Melvin Gordon, plus I am also a nervous Christine Michael owner.  Currently have James White waiting as my week 11 filler.

Leave a link and I will help with yours - thanks?

I actually think he will be back next week and Carroll said he expects him to be, but hard to say right now for sure. 

I think he plays, but starting anyone out of that backfield gives me the heebie jeebies. 12 team rushes last week (3 from Wilson) and only 17 the week before (another 3 of those Wilson), playing behind an awful OL.

If you don't have any other options, I think he's worth the pick-up because he'll play, but it's ugly in Seattle right now behind that OL.

I would pick up Rawls especially if I have Michael.  I think he will come back and be a solid contributor because Michael and Prosise have done nothing the past few weeks. 

Full participation on Friday, but still listed as Out for Sunday.

Christine Michael is now listed as Questionable with a hammy from practice.

Unfortunately I don't have room to keep both Michael and Rawls.  I would not start either in Week 10, but need one of them to cover the Bye in Week 11 for Melvin Gordon.

So trying to decide if I should cut Michael for Rawls.

Cut Michaels for Rawls and if Rawls doesn't play next week just use White.
I just did it.  

Looks like Lewis is going to be activated, so I'd have to move him out of my IR spot, but since Rawls is out for Sunday, he can slide into that spot.  Didn't want to wait because once Lewis got activated,I'd have to get him onto the active roster before making any other move.  Normally I'd make that move on Saturday so Michael couldn't be picked up but felt I couldn't wait.

Thanks all for the help.

No problem. And if Lewis becomes Questionable in your IR spot and Rawls in Out on your bench just drop your kicker, move Lewis to the bench, Rawls into IR, then pick up a kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a practitioner of the drop-your-kicker gambit - that's how I got Lewis on my roster in the first place.  Draft was over, started looking over list of remaining players, nobody drafted Lewis.  Cut my kicker, picked up Lewis, moved him to IR spot, waited 2 days, got my kicker back on waivers.

Early in the season I routinely have no kicker on my roster between Wed and Sat, either to use for extra trade ammunition or to keep somebody unavailable to an opponent.  But later in the season I value kickers a little more.

I want a kicker on a good offense, with good accuracy, and bye week is over.  I currently have Mason Crosby who meets all those criteria (although he had a miss last week - something I will continue to monitor).  I'd certainly consider upgrading that position at a moment's notice, and in the playoffs I am strictly about this week's game - no looking ahead.  But for now, Crosby is best available ROS, although I'm kind of hoping Lambo gets cut for his bye week and I can snap him up in Week 12.

So that's why I wasn't going to follow that path this week.

Users who are viewing this thread