What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5-0 .. do I make a deal or leave my team as is? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty.. no ppr ( 1 QB, 5 Flex - but if you start 2 RB or 3 RB Max you must start a TE, 1K, 1D/ST)

I am lucky enough to be 5-0, but have been fielding offer for either Big Ben or Stafford, LMiller, or ARob.  With not a lot of trading partners out there, I would love to deal Stafford and either Miller or Landry for another piece to try and three-peat.  Do you see any trades that I should try and go after with this team.

My team:

Roth, Stafford, McCown

LBell, LMiller, Charles, Rawls, DWilliams, Washington (Det), CThompson, Darkwa

ARob, Landry, Maclin

Reed, Ertz, McDonald

Tucker, Lambo (dropping - only picked him up to cover Tucker last week in the wind)

Denver

Trade Partner:

Flacco (same bye as Ben), TTaylor

Lacy, LMurray, Artis-Payne, PPerkins

AJGreen, Dez, JNelson, Alshon, Shepherd, DGreen-Beckham, RWoods, TAustin, Wheaton, Carroo

Kelce, Cook

Hopkins

Arizona

His last offer was:

Give: Stafford, Miller, ARob

Get: TTaylor, AJGreen, Lacy

No way I can do that...any way to get AJ without losing ARob that you see as fair.  

Thanks for the help.  Leave a link and I will return the favor.

Well, you're going to have to give up something to get something. May depend on the owner and their needs and/or record at this point in the season. His last offer is pretty fair. Because it's not a PPR league, that makes it tough to try and sell Landry in this format, especially since he doesn't score a lot of touchdowns. I would try and make a deal for Dez instead of AJ Green so offer Stafford, Miller, Landry for Taylor, Dez, and Lacy.

Please respond to mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749520-trade-away-brandon-marshall/

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely not trade Lamar Miller. His value is probably very low right now and he has a very easy schedule the rest of the way. With the volume he's getting and TD's eventually coming, I would definitely hold onto him. I would try and trade one of your QB's and someone else for Alshon.

I would agree wheeleke, in non PPR i think it will be tough to get AJ without giving up ARob.  However I also like going after Dez in this situation.  You are 5-0 so you can afford to deal with his health issues the next few games, and second half of the season he should be a stud, with either Romo coming back or Dak playing well enough to earn the job outright.  

IF I could deal Stafford Miller and Landry for Taylor Dez and Lacy .... I would be starting Ben, Bell, Charles, Lacy, ARob, Reed each week until Dez is back with Maclin in reserve.  Anyone worried about Charles .. Lacy burned me last year and that's why I dealt him.  Miller at least gets touches.

I don't like that trade unless Lacey is going to sign somewhere else. He just doesn't get used enough. You are selling low on all your players right now. I'd wait a few weeks to see if miller and Arob turn it around.

It's debatable but in my opinion, you're getting the lesser player at each position in this trade. Definitely not enough difference in A-Rob and AJ Green to warrant the other 2 players. I'd be looking to swap out Taylor for a buy low on Jeffreys or Dez. Just my .02

5-0, if the machine ain't broke, don't fix it! 

Agree with RenegadeRob you'd be selling low on Miller. 

That said, I'd find a trade partner with a better QB to deal for if you're going to make a deal. I have no problem making a trade to improve when 5-0 or 0-5 -  record doesn't always tell the whole story. You can be a lucky 5-0 or an unlucky 0-5.  

But if you can get a great deal together, make a move.  What 5-0 does is allows you to be patient and have the upper hand in a deal since you're clearly not desperate to make it. 

I'd avoid AJ and go after Dez without giving up Arob or Miller.  Eifert is going to come back and eat up redzone targets.

I'd avoid AJ and go after Dez without giving up Arob or Miller.  Eifert is going to come back and eat up redzone targets.
Other owner only has interest in Bell, Miller, and ARob which to me are more valuable than his top of AJ Green. If I could move Stafford/Landry for Taylor/Dez I would but other owner doesn't care for Landry. At 2-3 now he may be desperate.

Tough to move Landry in non ppr. His greatest need is RB, and I concur with some of those here to keep Lamar, who  he would want.  He will pick things up. And I wouldn't move Arob... so I'd stay put haha. I know how it feels to be undefeated and a little bored maybe so you try to tinker your team to squeeze in a marginal increase. Your team is good. 

Users who are viewing this thread