What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 dilemna -help! (1 Viewer)

winkdogs

Footballguy
12 team, .25 ppr season long league.  Start 3 wr, 2rb, 1 flex. I have Weak rb, Stewart just got waived, I'm number 1 on waiver wire. Comes off waivers Monday.  Here is the conundrum, week 5 killer byes.  I won't be able to clear a trade before Stewart clears waivers. Please vote on best path forward:

big ben

ingram (bye 5), ware (bye 5), d wash (det), sproles, d will

robinson (bye 5), fitz, Landry, Cobb, Pryor, s smith, 

Kelce (bye 5), pitta

here are the options as I see them

a) waive s smith add Stewart, assume lose s smith forever (I have tried to move him, no takers but he will get picked up)

b) waive sproles, add Stewart, play d will and suck it up week 5

C) waive pitta, add Stewart, punt te week 5

d) waive pitta, add Stewart later next week waive sproles, add te streamer, play d will (this in theory gives me a chance to pick sproles back up and won't let anyone else use him week 5, but assume I lose him forever

e) waive def or kicker, punt that spot week 5 (  not possible, positions will be locked Monday having already played week 4)

f) pass on Stewart, save waiver position for better potential add

thanks, will answer yours, any input is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
dang.. your week 5 is rough!

I'd say (A) I think SS is probably a more consistent play (unless he gets hurt), but Sproles has more upside.. plus your good at WR

You need help at RB.  I would drop Steve Smith I think there will always be WW receivers out there you can grab.  So I'd do A.

I'll know how Sunday goes, will kill me losing smith if he goes off.  Just feel he is coming on and flacco loved him last year.  I know he may not crack my lineup but feel he has more value than sproles, but that's how the cookie crumbles, I need sproles next week.  

Thanks for all the advice.  If smith has a big week I may waive pitta for Stewart and try desperately to trade smith early week in a 2 for 1 or at least give him away to a cellar dweller and then pick up a te.  

Murphy's law is all the consternation over smith will equate to a 2 catch game crushing any of my or others perceived value and a lot of wasted time thinking about this.  

If I had to drop somebody, I would definitely keep Sproles over Steve Smith.  It's miraculous that Steve Smith has recovered as well as he has - asking that he do that at age 37 AND become a dominant WR again is a little much.  

What's your record?  Is this a must-win week for you?  Maybe you must sit tight and take your lumps that week so you have fewer by week issues in the future.

Also, what would you say are the best 3 or 4 WR available on the waiver wire at this time?  Might give us a better idea if you should hang onto Smith or not.

Thanks for answering my thread.

If I had to drop somebody, I would definitely keep Sproles over Steve Smith.  It's miraculous that Steve Smith has recovered as well as he has - asking that he do that at age 37 AND become a dominant WR again is a little much.  

What's your record?  Is this a must-win week for you?  Maybe you must sit tight and take your lumps that week so you have fewer by week issues in the future.

Also, what would you say are the best 3 or 4 WR available on the waiver wire at this time?  Might give us a better idea if you should hang onto Smith or not.

Thanks for answering my thread.
Good questions, appreciate the thoughts.  I'm 2-1, disappointing points.  So I will know more by Monday when Stewart clears waivers whether I'm 3-1 or 2-2.   I was hoping by being aggressive for ware and dwill in the draft knowing I would be first on waiver wire (drafted 12th) I would luck into a difference maker and be 3-0 at this point. 

Waiver wire wideouts:

coleman, Britt, stills, Terrence Williams, Boyd, Rogers, dgb, Inman, doctson, kearse best out there.  My post bye week killing week 5 all else static would be to drop pitta for either Dion Lewis  or other high impact handcuff or Russell Wilson who was just waived.  Btw strong league, last place team is panicking and dropping Stewart and Wilson trying chase points on the wire  

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some of these guys are hurt right now, but for second half of season I'd prefer Corey Coleman, Eli Rogers, and Josh Doctson over Steve Smith.  Dixon is very likely to be an RB2 once he gets healthy - I expect him to be the lead back in Baltimore.  Dion Lewis (if healthy) should be an RB1.  So you might want to save your waiver priority for one of those guys.  Stewart is a good running back (when healthy - always an issue with him).

I mistyped, Dixon is gone, I meant Dion Lewis. Thanks for the thoughts.  If I didn't have week5 roster crunch I'd have dion roster end already but literally can't. He is free right now, won't need to spend waiver spot (unless someone burns a spot on him after the weekly waiver reset). Think I have to add Stewart. 

Users who are viewing this thread