What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Rookie 2.02 (Post NFL Draft) (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 2.02 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Christian Hackenberg, Jets

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • QB Dak Prescott, Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB Cody Kessler, Browns

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • QB Cardale Jones, Bills

• RB Kenyan Drake, Dolphins

• RB Paul Perkins, NYG

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • RB Jordan Howard, Bears

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • RB Keith Marshall, Redskins

• WR Will Fuller, Texans

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • WR Tyler Boyd, Bengals

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • WR Leonte Carroo, Dolphins

• WR Malcolm Mitchell, Patriots

• TE Hunter Henry, Chargers

• Other

• Don't Play - No Vote

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
2016 Rookie 1.01 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.02 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.03 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.04 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.05 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.06 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.07 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.09 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.08 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.10 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.11 (Post NFL Draft)
2016 Rookie 1.12 (Post NFL Draft)

2016 Rookie 2.01 (Post NFL Draft)

Standard Scoring 

1.01 RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys 98%
1.02 WR Josh Doctson, Redskins 27%
1.03 WR Laquon Treadwell, Vikings 43%
1.04 WR Corey Coleman, Browns 64%
1.05 RB Derrick Henry, Titans 56%
1.06 WR Sterling Shepard, N.Y. Giants 27%
1.07 RB Kenneth Dixon, Ravens 28%
1.08 WR Michael Thomas, Saints 54%
1.09 RB Devontae Booker, Broncos, 32% 1.10 
1.10 WR Will Fuller, Texans 18%
 WR Tyler Boyd, Bengals 17%
1.12  RB C.J. Prosise, Seahawks 19%

2.01  RB Paul Perkins, NYG 21%

PPR Scoring 

1.01 RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys 95%
1.02 WR Corey Coleman, Browns 37%
1.03 WR Laquon Treadwell, Vikings 45%
1.04 WR Josh Doctson, Redskins 79%
1.05 WR Sterling Shepard, N.Y. Giants 47%
1.06 WR Michael Thomas, Saints 49%
1.07 RB Derrick Henry, Titans 50%
1.08 RB Kenneth Dixon, Ravens 46%
1.09 WR Tyler Boyd, Bengals 26%  
1.10 RB Devontae Booker, Broncos 27%
 WR Will Fuller, Texans 28%
1.12  RB C.J. Prosise, Seahawks 24%

2.01  WR Leonte Carroo, Dolphins 24%

Start 2 QB Scoring 

1.01 RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys 66%
1.02 QB Jared Goff, Rams 31%
1.03 QB Carson Wentz, Eagles 43%
1.04 WR Laquon Treadwell, Vikings 24%
1.05 WR Josh Doctson, Redskins 22%
1.06 WR Corey Coleman, Browns 28%
1.07 QB Paxton Lynch, Broncos 29%
1.08  RB Derrick Henry, Titans 22%
1.09 WR Sterling Shepard, 26% 
1.10 WR Michael Thomas, Saints 16%
 RB Kenneth Dixon, Ravens 9%
1.12  RB Devontae Booker, Broncos 12%

2.01  RB C.J. Prosise, Seahawks 12%

Last edited by a moderator:
Players under consideration to be added next to the polls:

RB Tyler Ervin
RB DeAndre Washington
RB Daniel Lasco
RB Josh Ferguson
RB Wendell Smallwood

WR Rashard Higgins, Browns
WR Demarcus Robinson, Chiefs 
WR Jordan Payton, Browns 
WR Ricardo Louis, Browns 
WR Tajae Sharp, Titans 
WR Chris Moore, Ravens
WR Keyarris Garrett, Panthers

TE Austin Hooper, Falcons
TE Tyler Higbee, Rams

I think the Rams' receiver goes by "Mike" Thomas.

Also, it might make it less likely that someone gets the two confused when they are voting.

One thing that kind of hurts the rb adp and these polls is that everyone seems to have their own favorite after elliot and Henry.  Dixon seems to be third then Prosise, and booker seem to have established themselves as the next group,  but I'd take perkins above either.   3 down back potential and can score tds on a team with immediate need and a new head coach. But he's getting cannibalized at how own position by drake, Howard and Marshall.  I feel like he has a chance to move way up boards once more "real" adp comes out.   Looking in the rookie drafts thread he seems to be going in the top 15 pretty consistently. 

I think Perkins is a more skilled rb than prosise.  Prosise may have more physical talent in the sense that he has better combine numbers, but he's still a receiver turned rb and his new head coach talks about him as a receiver/rb, not an every down back.  I think prosise is more than a third down back,  but not an every down guy,  at least not right away.  I think they have a role envisioned for him.   

I like booker, and think he's a quality rb.  He's right after Perkins for me,  and if you swapped their situations I'd take booker first.  But given the choice between competing with cj Anderson and hillman for the same head coach who road those two to a superbowl,  or competing with an old Jennings,  situational vereen and ineffective Williams, on a team that has a new head coach who may not be loyal to their veterans and had his first real input into who he wanted in the draft,  I take Perkins.  They both have a 3 down skill set - as dies Dixon,  but as opposed to guys like Howard or Henry or prosise - but perkins has a clearer path to showing it in the nfl, which is important  if he doesn't want to get Toby Gerharted.  

I agree with you in regards to Prosise Fred.

I don't see as clear a path to relevance for Perkins with Shane Vereen around. Jennings is better than I think you give him credit for and that extends to Forsett in regards to Dixon as well. In my opinion both of these players although old are players I have identified as better than their draft position as rookies and they both paid off long after I had forgotten about them. I just say that to say I think both of these players have been under estimated their entire careers and have more talent than I think you give them credit for. They are old, so may not be an obstacle long, but I think they are just as much an obstacle to Perkins/Dixon as CJ Anderson is to Booker.

I think people really over rate CJ Anderson. It kind of pains me to say that, because I really like CJ Anderson. But he hasn't had 200 or more carries at the pro or college level. He is a time share RB and a good one but if he can keep Booker on the bench long then Booker isn't as good as I honestly believe he is and is going to be. If Booker can't beat out Hillman for passing down looks then he either sucks at pass protection (possible) or he isn't as good as I think he is.

Denver seems much more likely to run the ball a lot the next couple of seasons than the Giants or Ravens will.

Biabreakable said:
I agree with you in regards to Prosise Fred.

I don't see as clear a path to relevance for Perkins with Shane Vereen around. Jennings is better than I think you give him credit for and that extends to Forsett in regards to Dixon as well. In my opinion both of these players although old are players I have identified as better than their draft position as rookies and they both paid off long after I had forgotten about them. I just say that to say I think both of these players have been under estimated their entire careers and have more talent than I think you give them credit for. They are old, so may not be an obstacle long, but I think they are just as much an obstacle to Perkins/Dixon as CJ Anderson is to Booker.

I think people really over rate CJ Anderson. It kind of pains me to say that, because I really like CJ Anderson. But he hasn't had 200 or more carries at the pro or college level. He is a time share RB and a good one but if he can keep Booker on the bench long then Booker isn't as good as I honestly believe he is and is going to be. If Booker can't beat out Hillman for passing down looks then he either sucks at pass protection (possible) or he isn't as good as I think he is.

Denver seems much more likely to run the ball a lot the next couple of seasons than the Giants or Ravens will.
I don't think booker will get zero carries.  I think he'll get a share.   It's just a question of how big a share, and how valuable it is

I think the Giants offense is better than Denver.  I think Coughlin was more of a proponent of Thunder and lightning than mcadoo, and the first rb drafted for the new coach has a better chance than the under performing incumbents.   To be fair,  Jennings wasn't bad last year - but he was hurt and he is getting older.   

In Denver there's 3 guys who have all had success at times.  The Denver rb position has changed hands so many times it's a joke.  Kubiak was supposed to be a one rb guy, but that didn't happen last year.  

I don't think Perkins or Dixon are a lock to be 3 down backs. But I do think a successful season from them would involve them running,  scoring, and catching passes as the lead back for their teams and poised to do the same next year.  A successful season for booker could still have him sharing time with two other young guys and poised to do the same next year.   That's not to say booker can't emerge as the true number one, and I think he has an easier path to relevance than the others because I do think he'll be part of a committee right away and have some good games.  I just think he's got a little tougher path to get to rb1 status and stay there, which is really what I'm looking for with these guys. 

Well that is fine that we disagree Fred. 

Booker was the only RB besides Elliot that I see having RB 1 upside before the NFL draft. I bumped him down to RB 2 upside because of his draft position. I still feel he is the most complete RB in this draft besides Elliot despite downgrading him.

I think Dixon could be worth having even if he does not become their featured RB, I would expect him to have a good role in their offense as their receiving RB which is money in Trestmans offense (if he is still with the team long term? I don't know) but I still expect him to take a back seat to Forsett this season. He could be the next Ray RIce do it all RB or he might be used in a time share with a guy who is more of a banger.

Ben McAdoo doesn't have much of a track record to base anything on. If Johnathan Franklin had stayed healthy we might have seen more of a time share between him and Lacy. I just don't think we have enough evidence to draw conclusions about his preferences or tendencies because he hasn't been able to call those shots yet. I do trust Giants fans and Shane Vereen is not going anywhere anytime soon. Perkins isn't a banger so not sure why you think he will have more opportunity this season than Booker will.

I think we disagree a little on what RB1 upside is.  I think you're talking about the classic definition of the guy who gets 300 rush attempts, the Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley type.  And I'd love to have those guys too so I'm not arguing.   And I agree that booker runs more like they do in that he's more of a banger and a better inside runner.  If he gets the kind of volume they do, he would be an rb1.  And even without the volume,  his receiving ability is good enough I think he should be fantasy relevant.  I like him.

But what is his path to being a true rb1?  How do you see the touches working out in Denver?   They all have strengths and weaknesses.  

Is he going to get a ton of carries?  Do you see booker being the main guy every week?  Most weeks?  Depends on the match up?  Part of a share each week?  Will he get enough for rb1 numbers?  

Will he be the main receiving back?  They can all run and catch.   Is he a better third down threat than hillman?  Can you see him getting 40 or 50 receptions?  

Will he get most of the touchdowns?  Is the Denver offense going to be good enough any time soon to get him double digit touchdowns and still get some for the other guys?  

If he's a 150 carry guy with maybe 25 or 30 receptions, he's not that exciting.  200 carries and 30 to 40 receptions and a handful of touchdowns would be a lot nicer but still not rb1 numbers.  

The way i see it,  his path to being a number one rb is playing better than the other guys by so much that they feed him the ball like a "true rb1".  And in truth he might be good enough to do that.  But it's a really tough path to reach his rb1 potential. 

Now let's do the same thing for Dixon. What's his path to success?  Well, for one thing,  he needs to get in the field. He's already hurt and there are two guys ahead of him.  But forsett turns 31 in October and his injury shortened 151 carries last year were the second most of his career. He also went from averaging 5.3 yards per carry in his career year to 4.2 last year.  And while I expect him to be the day one starter, I don't see him being the 2017 starter or even necessarily the November starter. 

Of the guys currently on the team,  Buck Allen is the bigger long term threat.  But remember that Baltimore benched him last year for fumbling.  He averaged 3.7 yards a carry.   His high water mark was 77 rushing yards (although he did have a hundred yards receiving on 12 catches one game). Then they took one of the first rbs off the board in the next draft.    

They also had some negative comments about Allen not being a good finisher on his runs.  That's something Dixon excels at.  They're both good receiving backs,  although I personally think dixon is better.  And while his workload is arguably a knock on him,  too, dixon carried the load for four years in college.  Allen just one.  So while I'm not writing allen off altogether,  i think dixon is objectively a better option than allen to start for them.

But he also doesn't need to be the classic rb1 to be a fantasy rb1. I don't expect him to get 300 carries.  I expect him to get closer to 200, and he probably won't even get that as a rookie.  I don't expect him to get all of the receptions.  But the trestman rb can get 90 catches.  Give him 40 or 50 of those at even a decent yards per catch and he should be very relevant as a rookie.  And dixon might be their best goal line guy right now.  None of the guys on the team are special adept goal line backs and dixon absolutely is.  So his path to success is a little different than bookers,  but it's a little easier,  because he doesn't have to win a massive amount of touches.  He's just got to get the ones that earn the most fantasy points. 

It's a lot like why I liked freeman as a rookie.  He can run OK, catch real well and score touchdowns.  Those are the guys who can become fantasy rb1s even if they're not first round NFL picks. 

* As for taliaferro,

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec believes Lorenzo Taliaferro, Terrance West and Trent Richardson are competing for one roster spot.
Justin Forsett, Buck Allen and rookie Kenneth Dixon are viewed as roster locks, leaving the other three to compete for one spot. A 2014 fourth-round pick, Taliaferro should be the favorite provided he can stay healthy, but that has proven difficult thus far in his career. CSN Mid-Atlantic speculated Taliaferro's roster spot is "under pressure." May 24 - 10:11 AM

For me the answer to almost all of those questions is yes.

Much of this will depend on his pass blocking. Which I consider to be average. But if he can get some trust from the coaches as a blocker then I expect him to become the receiving RB over Hillman, who the Broncos seem like they are looking to replace.

If the pass blocking from Booker is good enough I see him taking over the receiving RB role by week 4 of the 2016 season.

CJ Anderson will likely open the season as the early down RB. I think he will see a lot of rushing attempts in this role, but he will give up snaps to either Hillman or Booker on some passing downs.

I fully expect the Broncos to run the ball as much as they can. I could see the run/pass ratio being close to a 50/50 split if all 3 RB stay healthy and are successful enough to move the chains. I see the Broncos 2016 offense being about 1000 plays. 550 passing attempts and 450 rushing attempts, which is a shift of about 50 plays from the pass to the run from last season, with about 50 fewer total plays as a result of slowing things down a bit and running the ball more.

CJ Anderson had turf toe last season which reduced his overall effectiveness. He played significantly better later on in the season. If you look at his career advanced splits you see that he has primarily been used on 1st and 2nd downs. He still played in 15 games has not had over 200 rushing attempts in the NFL nor in College. 

I see Booker taking over the early down role by week 9 of the season if both RB remain healthy. If he has already taken over the receiving RB role from Hillman by this time he becomes the feature RB with Anderson becoming his back up. 

So for 2016 I see Booker having the opportunity to possibly have more than 200 rushing attempts in 2016, but I expect the bulk of those carries to happen in the second half of the season. I would expect Booker to have 30 receptions for the 2016 season and for those to be spread out more over the whole season.

I think Booker will compete for RB 1 numbers towards the end of the 2016 season if all of the above happens. If not he will still likely put up RB 2 numbers by taking over either role.

If he does become the featured RB in 2016 then I would expect him to be their starter in 2017 with Anderson as the back up. They may be adding a new player to replace Hillman in 2017 through free agency or the draft. It is possible that Booker could be replaced by a high draft pick from 2017. But the same is true for all of these guys.

As far as Dixon goes I think we are pretty much on the same page. I never much liked Buck Allen and I don't really see him as a threat to Dixon's opportunities. I see Forsett being his main obstacle. Terrance West is actually pretty decent some times but he seems to wear out his welcome quickly.

I see the Ravens throwing the ball more than the Broncos will and I agree the upside is there for Dixon to get a lot of receptions if Forsett is out of the picture.

The only real advantage I see is that Forsett is older than Anderson is. But I don't consider either of these guys to be long term answers for either team anyways.

Both of these RB will face new competition next year and I think Baltimore may need a 2nd RB more than Denver does next season.

The only real advantage I see is that Forsett is older than Anderson is. But I don't consider either of these guys to be long term answers for either team anyways.
That's a kind of important one though.   Forsett is a 31 year old journeyman who had one good season in Baltimore under a different offensive coordinator.  Dixon is bigger,  faster, more agile and obviously younger - check their height,  weight,  40 time,  3 cone and age. 

The opportunity is there for him to beat out the old incumbent and have the incumbent retire/get cut/move into the backup role.  And yes,  I get that they might add another back in the draft,  but you take a guy like Dixon in the hopes that he becomes the young incumbent, and that the decision next year is partly based on them saying we have a starting running back, and partly on them saying we need to improve at receiver or linebacker more than we need to improve at rb.  

The same thing goes for Perkins.  You draft him in part because he can deliver a knock out punch to Jennings and take the job for himself.  In Perkins case he'd likely still cede third down work to vereen, but he's a good enough receiver to get a couple catches a game on top of a starting rb workload.  

Booker can also beat out the guys around him - but didn't cj Anderson beat out hillman two years ago?  Then hillman took over.  Then Anderson took over.  And now there's another guy.  Even if booker wins the job for a while you still have to worry about them playing the hot hand.   So even though I like bookers talent slightly better than Perkins,  I would take Perkins slightly ahead of booker. 

Well that is where we have some serious disconnect Fred. Because you seem to think Denvers offense is going to be more of a time share than the Giants or the Ravens. I can't agree with that perspective at all.

Look at the coaching history of Gary Kubiak and their offensive coordinator Rick Dennison. Most of their careers have been together in Houston when Arian Foster was the man. I don't see evidence of RBBC from these coaches.

I most definitely see RBBC happening with the Giants. Has been for a long time. Do you hear something different from the Giants coaches?

When Rick Dennison was the OC for the Ravens in 2014 they leaned on Forsett to the tune of 294 opportunities (rushing attempts and targets).

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Arian foster is just really good.  Past history aside,  the Broncos didn't have a single back offense last year, and the "lead back" was never really clear.  

The upside for booker is that he takes the lead back role and keeps it.  The problem is that even after Anderson looked really good and we were all told he was the center piece of their offense,  hillman led the team in rushing.  

Without looking,  can you name the last two running backs to lead the Broncos in rushing in back to back years? 

Without looking,  can you name the last two running backs to lead the Broncos in rushing in back to back years? 
I was going to say Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis, then I looked and it was actually much more recent on both counts...

One I should have remembered.  The other not so much.

As I already mentioned upthread CJ Anderson had turf toe which limited his effectiveness early on in the season. That is why Hillman took over because he was more effective.

If you look at their 2015 game logs you see Anderson gets 20 opportunities but he was really ineffective and that workload went away. He starts playing more effectively around game 7 and he gets back to 19 opportunities again in game 11. He gets hurt in game 12 and misses game 13. He gets eased back in until week 16 and he gets 18 or more opportunities in all 3 playoff games,

Hillman has multiple games where he is getting around 20 opportunites before being phased out late season and the playoffs.

I don't think the Bronco's are satisfied with either of these RB play. As they are going to want to run the ball more because of their QBs right now they are looking for a better RB than these two.

That guy is Devontae Booker.

The Giants split carries between Jennings, Vereen, Williams and even a little bit to Darkwa was season with McAdoo as the OC.

He may not have loyalty or interest in Andre Williams getting so many carries now that Coughlin isn't around, but this was still his offense last season. With Wiliams out of the way that should create opportunity for Perkins, but he is still going to share with Jennings and Vereen. 

In 2017 perhaps Jennings is out of the picture but I think Vereen is going to be there for awhile.

Biabreakable said:
He may not have loyalty or interest in Andre Williams getting so many carries now that Coughlin isn't around, but this was still his offense last season. With Wiliams out of the way that should create opportunity for Perkins, but he is still going to share with Jennings and Vereen. 

In 2017 perhaps Jennings is out of the picture but I think Vereen is going to be there for awhile.
So my .02 on this - Coughlin is the old school,  run a big back guy.  He's gone now, and their big back sucks.  I'm not worried about Williams at all.   Vereen is going to be there for a while, but he's not likely to get the first or second down volume or td opportunities to hurt Perkins' value much. He does put a logical limit on max number of receptions, though.   Jennings is the main hurdle, and while he's been good,  he's not exactly a stud, especially at 31.  Plus any minor injury opens the door for Perkins.  I would expect Perkins to get a chance by Thanksgiving - it's just a question of whether he is good enough to do something with that chance. 

Shane Vereen is signed through 2017.similar money as CJ Andersons contract. He is 27 years old.

The main weakness in Perkins game based on my observation is a lack of power to move the pile. He also doesn't have good vision for running between the tackles, a few times I see holes available to him he does not see, other times he runs into the back of his blockers, which all RB do at times. However Perkins ins't asked to run inside very often. When he does it is usually a draw play with the defense spread out wide. Despite the surprise factor I don't see Perkins gashing the defense much with these plays, even against a 5 man box.

He has excellent balance and agility to make people miss and he is a pretty good receiving RB.

His strengths are too similar to Vereen and I think Vereen is better than Perkins at what Perkins does best,

The idea that Perkins will take over the 1st and 2nd down role at least to me would mean Perkins is being used in between the tackles in similar fashion as Rashad Jennings. That is not his game or what he is good at. So this would be a pretty big surprise to me if he were to be used in this way.

I think he is pretty blocked for playing time. Jennings has a lot of injuries on his resume. Perhaps that will open the door for Perkins to get some playing time this year.

I think he is a good player. I love how he can make defenders miss in space. He has excellent balance and he can string together multiple jump cuts in the open field. I just in no shape or form seeing his situation as being a clearer path to opportunity. The things he is best at I think Shane Vereen is better than he is at those things and until I see him running with more power and effectiveness between the tackles I would not be penciling him in for Jennings role in the offense. I think the Giants will draft a guy for that role next season to replace Jennings and Perkins will wait in the wings for Vereen to break down.

The main weakness in Perkins game based on my observation is a lack of power to move the pile. He also doesn't have good vision for running between the tackles, a few times I see holes available to him he does not see, other times he runs into the back of his blockers, which all RB do at times. However Perkins ins't asked to run inside very often. When he does it is usually a draw play with the defense spread out wide. Despite the surprise factor I don't see Perkins gashing the defense much with these plays, even against a 5 man box.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-paul-perkins/

What he does best:

• Very quick change of direction and exceptional ability to make defenders miss. Good burst coming out of cuts to create separation from would-be tacklers. One of the most elusive backs in the nation
• Not limited by blocking scheme. Has proven success running both inside zone and power schemes
• Shows patience as a runner and sets up blocks well
• Can the most out of poor blocking. He was contacted behind the line of scrimmage on over 25 percent of his runs, one of the higher rates in the nation. On those 61 runs, he still averaged 3.5 yards after contact.

Stats to know:

• Ranked fifth in the nation among all running backs in overall grade, second among draft-eligible players last season. As purely a runner he was the highest-graded in the draft class in 2015
• His 114.7 elusive rating ranked second in the nation and first among draft-eligible backs
• On average he forced a missed tackle once every 3.2 rush attempts, the second-best rate among draft-eligible RBs

What he does best:

• Very quick change of direction and exceptional ability to make defenders miss. Good burst coming out of cuts to create separation from would-be tacklers. One of the most elusive backs in the nation
• Not limited by blocking scheme. Has proven success running both inside zone and power schemes
• Shows patience as a runner and sets up blocks well
Can the most out of poor blocking. He was contacted behind the line of scrimmage on over 25 percent of his runs, one of the higher rates in the nation. On those 61 runs, he still averaged 3.5 yards after contact

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/paul-perkins?id=2555460

STRENGTHS

One of the top creators in the draft combining elite vision and a wicked jump­-cut. Can disappear before tackler's eyes and put them on his highlight reel. Shows no directional tendencies with his cuts and can make defenders miss in tight quarters. Decisive when working between the tackles, but can bounce it when warranted. Flashes sudden, 1­-cut ability on stretch plays. Stacks moves on moves. Reliable hands when asked to help in passing game. Willing to stick his nose in against the blitz.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2630892-paul-perkins-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-giants-rookie

An inside/outside runner, Perkins is equally good bouncing to the edge or getting low to attack on inside runs

Yeah I have read that Fred. 

The last statement is obviously incorrect in my opinion.
He was contacted behind the line of scrimmage on over 25 percent of his runs, one of the higher rates in the nation. On those 61 runs, he still averaged 3.5 yards after contact

His 114.7 elusive rating ranked second in the nation and first among draft-eligible backs

As purely a runner he was the highest-graded in the draft class in 2015

Right but there are a lot of really positive statements about his running style.   And this isn't cherry picking positive reports - these are just the top 3 links when I googled Paul Perkins scouting report.  I'm not saying you're wrong - no doubt booker is a more physical runner - but the scouts seemed to think he was a better runner than you seem to.  He did really well against good competition.  And while i agree that he did a lot of his damage from passing formations, with obj, cruz and Shepard on the field he should never see more than 7 in the box.  

I definitely haven't made up my mind about this Fred and thanks for the interesting discussion.

I have watched Perkins on 3 separate occasions now. But I could still watch more.

Users who are viewing this thread