What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mixed drinks (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
What's your mixed drink of choice - and maybe add your age.

Looking for a new drink for 52 - old fashioned is not bad.

I don't drink liquor but I've been bartending for a long time.

At 52 you should look into trying a Sazerac, Vieux Carre and a Rusty Nail.

If you like an OF, definitely check out the Sazerac, but only if done right (at the least the right ingredients)

ETA: 42

Last edited by a moderator:
Sazerac is a good call, Boulevardier is also a good classic bourbon cocktail. I like a salty dog in the summer.

Manhattan, Negroni or Bijou depending on how effete I want to appear in public.

I'm 55 - old enough to be bothered by the idea of a $12 cocktail.

1A-Manhatten but it has to be the right type of place

1B-Old fashioned -same

Sazerac is a very good call. I like to stick with the whiskey-based cocktails. Manhattan and Old Fashioned mentioned already are always good.

I'll throw out the Rob Roy because it hasn't been mentioned yet. It gets some #### because scotch isn't traditionally a mixing liquor but I've been enjoying them lately. Just enough of a scotch feel but not enough to smoke your taste buds into submission, assuming you're not using top notch scotch.

I'll throw out the Rob Roy because it hasn't been mentioned yet. It gets some #### because scotch isn't traditionally a mixing liquor but I've been enjoying them lately. Just enough of a scotch feel but not enough to smoke your taste buds into submission, assuming you're not using top notch scotch.

Was enjoying a Manhatten with my wife at a restaurant in Ptown last year and a gentleman tapped my on my shoulder and asked if I was drinking a Rob Roy

Was enjoying a Manhatten with my wife at a restaurant in Ptown last year and a gentleman tapped my on my shoulder and asked if I was drinking a Rob Roy
Sounds like my kinda fella.

I think he was testing the waters for a threesome

We'd have to ditch my wife and pickup another guy .NTTAWWT .

Bourbon, ice a bit of water. Vodka tonic occasionally.

Jack and Coke if I need a little caffeine and sugar and I don't want to pay too much.

Something with Bitters in it if I'm in some fancy cocktail place. No idea what it is just seems good and usually has a cool bottle.

Old fashioned, but for something different I'll throw out a sidecar.
A Sidecar is great when made the right way. Some local pub claims to have a cocktail list and on said list they have a Sidecar with Brandy, Triple Sec, and Lemon Sour (from the gun). Ummm, no.

or a twosome ;)

or a twosome ;)
Correct. Tapping you on the shoulder and asking about a Rob Roy is equal to being in a bathroom and him tapping his foot under your stall

As far as classics I like an Old Fashioned or a vodka/gin and soda/tonic depending on my mood

Whiskey and ginger ale mixes nicely too

Seems more and more places have some sort of craft cocktail list nowadays so I usually just go with whatever sounds the best

Gin & tonic w/lime wedge, Bombay Sapphire. Tastes good, refreshing and hard to screw up.

Sometimes I get a long island ice tea, but it has to be from a bartender who knows how to make it.

I'm old.

Dark and Stormy is really the only mixed drink I'll have, outside of a margarita when on vacation. Actually that's where I picked up the D&S, in Bermuda.

Gin & tonic w/lime wedge, Bombay Sapphire. Tastes good, refreshing and hard to screw up.

Sometimes I get a long island ice tea, but it has to be from a bartender who knows how to make it.

I'm old.
For my money nothing beats a nice G&T in the summer

Some I enjoy:

- Moscow Mule

- Old Fashion

- Jack or Rum and Coke

I made a couple of holiday drinks last night for me and my FIL

The Grinch - melon liquer, lemon juice and simple syrup (add a cherry garnish)

"Dessert" - Bailey's, Amaretto and Butterscotch Schnapps - topped with a little peppermint whipped topping (delicious but really sweet)

ETA - I'm 41

-Screwdriver with just 2 splashes of OJ in a short glass.

-The original "Irish"...strong coffee, 1-2 oz Bushmills, 1 oz Irish Creme, whipped creme on top optional.

I'll never have "a" drink. Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes I want a dirty martini, sometimes a Manhattan, sometimes a Margarita, sometimes a Ramos gin fizz. Different locales/situations call for different beverages.

I miss when $14 cocktails seemed ridiculous. :kicksrock:

I just drank a bunch of bushmills, neat, recently. probably too much.

but mostly I'm a Gin Tonic guy- even in the non-summer (although yeah- it's a slamdunk for me in the summer). Boodles, Hendricks, Plymouth. I'll try random gins occasionally... just had Brooklyn Gin, because- well because everything has to be ####### Brooklyn. not as good as those three for me.

I add a half-ounce of orange liqueur to a Black Russian and call it a Siberian Tiger.

Also, if orange juice and vodka is a Screwdriver, and grapefruit juice and vodka is a Greyhound, then OJ, grapefruit juice and vodka is a Screwhound. YW.

Users who are viewing this thread