What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey League: 2015-2016 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Last year's thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/715331-ffa-fantasy-hockey-2014-2015-sign-up-thread/

Teams from last year that have renewed:

DrD: 847
RnR: 843
Dickie Dunn: 786
Thorn: 771
Brasky: 636
Wheat Kings: 632
Getzlaf: 612
Kupcho: 601
Lightsabres: 457
BOCA: 411
cav: 337
Parm: 300
NorthernVoice: 241
BillyBats: 243
dino259: 233
Rudnicki: 84

ChemX is first alternate

Live Draft will be Tuesday Oct 6 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

Rules same as last year. $25 buy-in.

Note: Must have at least 50 goalie starts in the season for their stats to count.

Last edited by a moderator:
:moneybag: <--- my donation again this year.

ETA: Upon further review, I'll be on vacation on the 6th. :kicksrock:

is this a redraft? For 25- why not. what are The rules And rooster requirements?
yes, redraft

16 teams

starting lineup:

3C

3LW

3RW

4D

1UTIL

2G

6 Bench spots

2 IR

1 IR+

22 round draft

roto scoring (8x4):

skater stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT

goalie stats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Interested, assuming Yahoo will autodraft if I have trouble. Anybody every draft on Yahoo on their phone?

Can we discuss limiting the amount of goalies you can carry on your roster?
This makes no sense IMO. If you want less rosters spaces ok, but this is just part of the game.
we had an owner last year who hoarded like 7 or 8 goalies. most of them were little used backups, but it was a little ridiculous.

still, with 8 stat categories for skaters and only 4 stat categories for goalie stats, I'm not sure that's a winning strategy very often.

This makes no sense IMO. If you want less rosters spaces ok, but this is just part of the game.
16 team league requiring 2 starting goalies with 30 NHL starters. It makes sense to allow a team to carry 7 goalies? I get the strategy and said it was a good move last season for the team I was chasing in the standings, but come on. I don't sit at a computer all day, I was trying to pick up Colorado's third/maybe even fourth string goalie and he was already rostered by that team with 7 goalies.

16 team league requiring 2 starting goalies with 30 NHL starters. It makes sense to allow a team to carry 7 goalies? I get the strategy and said it was a good move last season for the team I was chasing in the standings, but come on. I don't sit at a computer all day, I was trying to pick up Colorado's third/maybe even fourth string goalie and he was already rostered by that team with 7 goalies.
I had no problems and was not overly active. Draft more goalies seems to be an easy solution. :shrug:

we had an owner last year who hoarded like 7 or 8 goalies. most of them were little used backups, but it was a little ridiculous.

still, with 8 stat categories for skaters and only 4 stat categories for goalie stats, I'm not sure that's a winning strategy very often.
Ending rosters 7 teams had 5 or 6 goalies.

I just don't like the fact that it essentially forces you to draft a goalie in the first or second round or else you're pretty much screwed -- especially if you have one of the first 2-3 draft positions. It's "stud RB theory" on steroids.

I just don't like the fact that it essentially forces you to draft a goalie in the first or second round or else you're pretty much screwed -- especially if you have one of the first 2-3 draft positions. It's "stud RB theory" on steroids.
So you don't like his strategy because it messes up yours? Not a reason to change rules. I agree with you FYI but it is a reason to change rules IMO.

does it really though?

that person needs to draft a really strong team of forwards/dmen if they are going to try and stream goalies all year.

So you don't like his strategy because it messes up yours? Not a reason to change rules. I agree with you FYI but it is a reason to change rules IMO.
I wasn't complaining about his strategy ... it's simple math when you have 32 G positions and only 30 starting NHL goalies. That would be like a 12-team football league where you're required to start 3 QBs.

does it really though?

that person needs to draft a really strong team of forwards/dmen if they are going to try and stream goalies all year.
12 goalies taken in the first 3 rounds. The person we are talking about drafted zero goalies during that period.

I had no problems and was not overly active. Draft more goalies seems to be an easy solution. :shrug:
Planning on drafting 8 in the first 8 rounds. :thumbup: I guess you had no injuries at your goalie position.

Planning on drafting 8 in the first 8 rounds. :thumbup: I guess you had no injuries at your goalie position.
[SIZE=12pt]4.2.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Antti Niemi[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]6.2.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Roberto Luongo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]16.2.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cam Talbot[/SIZE]

Ended with:

Scott Darling 9 27 1.95 392 419 .936 1

Roberto Luongo 28 138 2.35 1605 1743 .921 2

Cam Talbot

Had 5th or 6th best goalie stats.

ate Player Type From To By Jan 11 3:51am

Trade Buffalo Lightsabre

IC Alkies

Only trade. Really not a big deal. Do what you got to do.

:ptts:

Fargin' Iceholes ... IN

how's this for strategy, i Will get 1 goalie game with a high sv % and low GA And punt wins And saves. 14 team league i get 30 goaler points.

Want I really want is the draft moved up to 10/1 and Rude meet me in Chicago at an establishment so I can steal his cheatsheet.

top 3 finish 5 times in 8 years

first finish 3 times in 8 years

maybe you guys should just mail me the money take the year off and figure out what you want to do with goalies?

Bill Brasky said:
top 3 finish 5 times in 8 years

first finish 3 times in 8 years

maybe you guys should just mail me the money take the year off and figure out what you want to do with goalies?
The gauntlet is thrown down.

if RnR is out, and DrD and Getzlaf are in, that means we have up to 4 openings.

ChemX, and Parm were in for first 2.

dino529 next in line if he wants in.

might have 1 more spot if the other renewals don't check in soon.

Users who are viewing this thread