What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 2015 All-You Team (1 Viewer)

Concept Coop

Footballguy
Create a team comprised of players you like most, relative to market value/ADP.

After taking it on the chin last year (RG3/Reed/Ball/T.Williams)--here's to a better 2015.

Q - Nick Foles

I'm calling Chip's bluff. Philly is a playoff caliber team--and they won't be hitting the reset button. I'm willing to gamble that any potential replacement is long term and easily acquired. I'll be hedging that bet. (Fingers crossed for Hundley in the 2nd)

R - Gio Bernard

Betting on talent here, just as I did last year by investing in Jeremy Hill despite Gio being on the roster. I don't know how the split will work out, but I know Gio is a unique talent and only 23 YO. At his current ADP--you're not finding that elsewhere in the RB crop.

R - Justin Forsett

He's being valued as though there is 0 chance he's a week 1 starter. I put the odds considerably higher than 0.

W - Jeremy Maclin

Another investment in the PHI offense. Will they let their leading WR walk in consecutive seasons? Isn't he worth more to Philly than the market? He is still in the middle of his physical prime, turning 27 before the season starts, and a good bet for top 15 numbers while paired with Chip.

W - Marqise Lee

I liked Lee more than Robinson going into last season. I don't know that I've seen enough from either guy to change that. The market clearly has, however. Lee +300, please.

W - John Brown

Very strong rookie season being dismissed due to lack of pedigree. He's likely only a baseline WR3 moving foward, but that's not worthless and there is potential for more. Unlike, say, Robert Woods, I saw flashes of a + athlete last season.

T - Jimmy Graham

He's one of the 5 biggest difference makers in the hobby when healthy, IMO. While not as sexy, he's going to provide a bigger advantage than most of the WRs going ahead of him. Get him.

F - Roddy White

Per 16: 91/1,050/8 while hampered. I'll pay his current ADP for another 1.5 years of that production. Potential difference maker at the flex spot.

Bonus - Austin Stud-Jenkins

I like him.

Share yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, I'll give it a go.

QB: Ryan Tannenhill - QB8 production for the year at a 2014 preseason consensus ADP of 126 (mid 10th round in a standard 12 team)? Hell yeah, I'll take two.

RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw - the guy is the Rodney Dangerfield of running backs. I'll happily continue taking him every season until people start valuing him appropriately. Presuming the Colts are not idiots and don't let him walk in FA, he could be in the top 3-4 RB next year once they kick T-Rich to the curb, I certainly ain't afraid of Boom Herron ahead of him on the depth charts and Vick Ballard can't seem to stop shredding his ACL every year.

RB2: Latavius Murray - Dude will be underrated as hell next year since he plays for OAK who is itself an underrated team coming into 2015. I'm guessing he'll produce high RB2 numbers at a low RB3 draft cost.

RB3: Antone Smith: May go undrafted next year and if the Falcons let him play is going to be a freaking monster. Could be the #1 steal of the 2015 draft.

WR1: Victor Cruz. Everyone and their mother will be gunning for ODBJ next year. Bet Cruz gets completely forgotten and slips way down in ADP.

WR2: Cole Beasley. Come on down and welcome to my team at an ADP well below where you should be.

WR3: Steadman Bailey: Going to put it together in his 3rd season and make major noise for the Rams, whose receiving corps is actually way more talented than people give them credit for.

TE: Charles Clay. Another guy where if his current team lets him walk they're idiots. Would also consider Donnell in this spot but Clay's value is likely to be a lot better.

DEF: WIll probably wait until after draft and FA to make this pick. Would probably be willing to slightly overpay for the Rams next year since they'll be facing a much dimished opponent set in the NFCW as I can see SF and maybe SEA regressing and ARI having severe QB issues all year.

QB: Tannehill and/or Bridgewater - two young guns who will improve.

RB1: Carlos Hyde (though where he is drafted will vary widely) - if he falls past RB10, I'll take the chance.

RB2: Andre Williams - looked good at times last year, has a lot to learn

WR1: DeAndre Hopkins - will be the #1 soon, the QB can only get better

WR2: Keenan Allen - expect a bounce-back

WR3: Stedman Bailey - I'll probably own him in every league if he keeps falling (in WSLs - granted these are redraft, he's gone as the 61, 67 and 74th WR)

TE: Charles Clay and Dion Sims - I think Clay moves on as another team pays him more than the Fins can afford to. He's an ideal candidate to go to a team with a developing QB or Denver if they allow JT to leave. Sims gets bumped up big time if Clay moves on; neither is going high right now.

Cool thread.

Qb- Bortles. All the tools blah blah and he's got a fine set of young wrs. He'll be given many chances to succeed. Hopefully Blackmon comes back too.

Rb1- crowell. I think he's worth as early as a 2nd round pick in dynasty startup as he has flashed enough talent and I've heard nothing related to character concerns of late. Also their line should again be great and I expect the passing game to take a backseat while it's being overhauled.

Rb2- Christine Michael. Talent obvious, good ypc even with limited opportunity. Lynch resigning does not change my long term expectations one bit but will scare off many buyers.

Wr1- Justin hunter. Talent is right but qb play has been an issue. That will be remedied with the #2 overall.

Wr2- golden Tate. Don mega will continue to keep defenses occupied and should regress in the coming years, I think Tate has an opportunity to absolutely explode with more targets and familiarity with stafford.

Wr3- rooddy white. Falcons line issues should be resolved in free agency, white still has gas in the tank and will probably retire a falcon in a pass happy offense as long as they don't do something stupid like drafting rb early or paying a demarco Murray type a ton of money.

TE- eric Ebron. Tes don't often have great rookie seasons. Has elite talents but looked lost on the field this year. Lions will not let him go to waste.

Bonus- cj spiller- I think someone like New Orleans signs him and he returns to ppr stardom. We're NO Indy etc to sign him I expect his adp would rise quickly though.

Cool thread.

Qb- Bortles. All the tools blah blah and he's got a fine set of young wrs. He'll be given many chances to succeed. Hopefully Blackmon comes back too.

Rb1- crowell. I think he's worth as early as a 2nd round pick in dynasty startup as he has flashed enough talent and I've heard nothing related to character concerns of late. Also their line should again be great and I expect the passing game to take a backseat while it's being overhauled.

Rb2- Christine Michael. Talent obvious, good ypc even with limited opportunity. Lynch resigning does not change my long term expectations one bit but will scare off many buyers.

Wr1- Justin hunter. Talent is right but qb play has been an issue. That will be remedied with the #2 overall.

Wr2- golden Tate. Don mega will continue to keep defenses occupied and should regress in the coming years, I think Tate has an opportunity to absolutely explode with more targets and familiarity with stafford.

Wr3- rooddy white. Falcons line issues should be resolved in free agency, white still has gas in the tank and will probably retire a falcon in a pass happy offense as long as they don't do something stupid like drafting rb early or paying a demarco Murray type a ton of money.

TE- eric Ebron. Tes don't often have great rookie seasons. Has elite talents but looked lost on the field this year. Lions will not let him go to waste.

Bonus- cj spiller- I think someone like New Orleans signs him and he returns to ppr stardom. We're NO Indy etc to sign him I expect his adp would rise quickly though.
That seems high for a guy who plays for the worst ran NFL team and may not be the starter next year (West).

QB: Robert Griffin, I think comes in year 2 in Gruden's offense, with something to prove, and with D-Jax, Garcon, Roberts, Reed, and his running ability, I think he has a major bounce back season. I think he'll be a low-end QB1 in redraft leagues.

RB: C.J. Anderson, I'm a believer, and I think he is a mid range RB1 going forward.

RB: Stevan Ridley, huge fan of his as a runner, I think he's been held back in New England. Don't know where he'll end up, but he's easy to acquire, and has a high ceiling in my opinion.

WR: Sammy Watkins, still a huge believer in him. This is the cheapest he may get, with perceived QB issues. Even if they only add someone on par with Orton(Sanchez, Moore, Mallett) still has top-5ish upside.

WR: Cody Latimer, was a huge fan of his coming out. I think he'll have a much bigger role with Welker(and possibly Julius) leaving. I think he has more talent than Emmanuel Sanders, and will come at a fraction of the price.

WR: Justin Hunter, I agree with the previous poster, with better QB play(Winston perhaps) Hunter could blow up. Kind of risk/reward, but his upside is well worth the middling price to pay.

TE: Tyler Eifert, I like his talent, and actually think he'd have been a big part of the Bengals offense last year, had he stayed healthy.

Flex: Terrance Williams, big play machine. Volume should only increase, as Witten ages, and teams focus more on Dez, and running game gets less effective.

Flex: Vernon Davis, I just don't think he was ever healthy last season. Being on the wrong side of 30, and coming off a down year, and Harbaugh leaving, I think people are trying to unload him before he is worthless. I think we saw this with Gates the last 2 years, where unique talents age differently, and I think Davis still has top-5 upside for a year or 2 still.

Definitely like the idea of the thread. This is kind of off the top of my head looking at current ADP and with no rookies.

QB 1 -Ben Roethlisberger- Currently going QB11 which allows you to load up at WR in a startup and still get very good production at QB.

QB 2- Tony Romo- QB18 so for a very minimal investment you can play matchups and have a good shot at top 5 type of production over the medium term as both he and Ben should be going strong for a while (and have some top WR talent to work with).

RB1- CJ Anderson (and Montee Ball)- At RB 12 and RB 38 you can lock up the Denver backfield at a relatively low price. Should produce huge numbers over the next few years, especially with the new coaching staff in place and Manning aging.

RB2- Adrian Peterson- RB28 is crazy low for Peterson. He is going to be good for somebody for a couple more years and you have a chance on hitting the Cowboys jackpot if they replace Murray with Peterson (assuming he is cut).

RB3- I am mostly avoiding RBs right now and will look to stock up in upcoming rookie drafts. I love the depth of this RB class and feel that a ton of current NFL starters are going to get replaced by these youngsters, which makes the vast majority of veteran RBs overvalued right now. So add multiple young RBs to this roster for the longer term.

WR1-Antonio Brown- I think I like Brown the best as a 1st round startup target. He's such a beast and his ADP is just now finally starting to catch up, but not quite there yet at WR3.

WR2-TY Hilton- An ADP of WR14 is fair, but I like him as a top 10 guy going forward as I think he has cemented himself as Luck's go-to guy. Should get a long-term extension soon and be Luck's Marvin Harrison.

WR3- Jarvis Landry- at an ADP of WR29 is a nice option as a very young (22) WR with a nice combination of high floor and a bit more ceiling than maybe a lot of people think. He had 54 catches in the final 8 games last year, which is a pretty crazy pace for a guy his age. With Clay a FA and Wallace on the outs in Miami, he has a great chance of getting even more targets next season and could easily be a 100 catch guy.

WR4- Eric Decker at WR34 is a cheap flex option that could easily produce WR2 type numbers if the Jets offense turns around under the new staff. Still only 27 years old.

TE1- Charles Clay- An ADP of TE 21 is crazy low for a guy this young and with his talent level. Can even grab a Martellus Bennett (TE13) or somebody like that as his platoon partner earlier in the draft. I also like Tyler Eifert.

This type of roster would be the type of one I would be trying to assemble in a startup draft today based upon the current ADPs. Only Brown, Hilton and Anderson are relatively high picks, so there would be room to stock up on rookies in rounds 4-6 and then circle back for the rest of these guys in later rounds.

QB: Bortles. I think he was saddled with the worst of the worst around him last year. Porous offensive line, and a ton of rookie WRs. I suspect he will be THE up and comer at this time next year.

RB. TJ Yeldon. He's kind of an afterthought in this draft class. Viewed mostly as a late 1st. Landing spot obviously matters, but I think there is a lot of Jeremy Hill potential there.

RB Jerick McKinnon. Off the charts athlete that was a college QB. You watched him learn to play RB last year. Let me guess, he didn't look instinctive?

RB Mark Ingram. He's spent his whole career in a RBBC with very talented competition. If the next team is a better situation, I don't think his talent is all that different from Lacy.

WR. Jarvis Landry. Still lots of folks that think he will never be a FF WR2. He already is.

WR. Mike Wallace. He's done in Miami. It was a bad fit from day one. Landing spot is crucial here, but with the right QB he's an elite deep threat, and high end WR2.

WR. Eric Decker. Just needs average QB play to be a plus FF starter.

TE. Tyler Eifert. Forgotten man. I like his chances to be the consensus #3 TE a year from now.

QB: Felipe Rivers - Perpetually underrated, he is the conduit through which our draconic overlords speak

RB: C.J. Anderson - Peyton isn't done, hes 2,000 yards and a few games away from a couple of records so of course he is coming back, on auto-pilot

RB: Mark Ingram - Who knows where he goes, but he looked great when he had the ball this year

WR: Julian Edelman - He did it boys, 2015 is the year of the Jules

WR: Brandin Cooks - He went down and the Saints collapsed, turns out without a legit threat teams can just double and bully Graham, I expect that to change in 2015 with a healthy Cooks, also Brees has to be thirsting.

WR: Martavis Bryant - This kid is a machine, perfect fit in the Pitt offense.

TE: Travis Kelce - Either Andy Reid figures it out and Kelce finishes top 5 or he doesn't and finishes top 6 - dat value

FLX: Tre Mason - STL is so close, so close to being among the NFC West terrors, I think Tre Mason will be a big part of them taking that last step

FLX: Shane Vereen - if hes back in NE, look for him to do what we all expected in 2014 - expect Matt Forte receiving numbers

BONUS: Danny Woodhead - Felipe Rivers will make sure Danny finishes inside the top 20 RBs for PPR

QB: Matt Ryan - Long term QB1 without the risk at a decent price. Biggest negative on him is OL, and that's relatively easy to fix.

QB: RG3 - High pedigree at a low price.

RB: Adrian Peterson - ADP's ADP is ridiculous right now. I expect it to rise up over the offseason but right now it is a major outlier.

RB: CJ Spiller - Both he and Mathews are great value picks right now. I'll list Spiller because I'm more confident he'll change teams.

RB: Montee Ball - Price/upside. Could easily become Bernard Pierce, but would rather risk a 10th rounder than a 3rd on Kubiak.

WR: AJ Green - I tend to favor established high upside WRs. There's not a lot of breakout plays because most of the 2nd/3rd year WRs are valued near peak.

WR: Vincent Jackson - Bad TD year last year drops him down to WR5 level. Still has a few years left if they can find a QB.

WR: Corey Washington - Good upside play, but unfortunately he's pretty buried. Wait a year and hope Randle gets cut and Cruz never gets back to form.

TE: Coby Fleener - Undervalued because people think he's terrible yet they continue to run plays for him.

TE: Vernon Davis - A year removed from 13 TDs in double digit rounds.

Disclaimer: My league is a deep PPR starting QQRRWWTTFFF, so this post will be made from that perspective.

QB: RGIII - People are drafting Bortles ahead of him. I wouldn't. Still just 24 years old. I like his long-term chances relative to his cost.

QB: Mettenberger - The forgotten rookie QB. Showed fairly well under tough conditions. I think he has a real shot to stick as the starter in TEN, and his cost right now is next to nothing.

RB: Bryce Brown - Still only 23 years old. Flashed some receiving ability the last two years. Limited work, but only one fumble in his last 179 touches (spanning 2+ years). Has a real chance to carve out a significant role in a run heavy system. Current ADP is 167 overall (51st RB).

RB: Khiry Robinson - Just turned 25. Has a good chance to be the lead RB in a potent offense that's trending to running more. Looks good in the passing game. RFA after this year, so could stick around without breaking the bank. Current ADP is 123 overall (36th RB), and his 2-3 year window is brighter than many above him.

WR: Latimer - Only 22 years old. People tied his value to situation once drafted and seem to have forgotten that he's a legitimate talent independent of that. Has put up good numbers with bad QBs in college. Will stay on the field because he blocks well. Current ADP is 70 overall (36th WR). Compare him to Allen Robinson who is 32 overall (21st WR).

WR: Hunter - 23 years old. Entering his make-or-break year 3rd year. Will have plenty of opportunity, and I think his QB situation is improved even if Mettenberger stays his QB all year. Flashed vertically his rookie year, and has plenty of physical talent. Current ADP is 85 overall (46th WR). Compare that to M. Bryant whose ADP is 57 (32nd WR)...another 23 year old WR who flashed vertically but who had the benefit of a better QB/offense.

TE: L. Green - 24 years old. Blocking has improved, and his receiving has impressed at the NFL level. Gates hanging on has depressed his stock, but I think he at least temporarily has top 5 TE value in 2 years whether he stays with SDG or leaves (UFA 2016).

TE: Rob Housler - Almost 27 years old. Currently free (undrafted ADP; ranked #41 TE by DLF). A good landing spot could let him be a top 15 performer. Only cost is a roster slot for a few months until he lands somewhere.

QB- Jameis Winston- Likely goes to Buccs. His arm with Vjax and Evans hands scream value. (2nd option Tannehill, cheap, has legs, and if he connects on a few more deep balls he could break top 8 regularly)

RB- CJ Anderson- He has hands and ground game. Peyton is only getting older and those short passes will rack up for CJ

RB- Latavius Murray- The few times he was given the ball the dude looked unstoppable. I see him getting more and more carries as the season goes on, and depending on the round he'd get drafted at I think he's a steal.

WR- Mike Evans- The mans hands are made of glue and if it werent for ODB he'd be all the rage. Had

WR- Martavis Bryant- pretty much stole Wheatons role out from under him and took every opportunity given. Playing opposite of the top receiver in the league last years and having a year under his belt I see big things coming in 2015.

WR- Kelvin Benjamin- TD monster and had a lot of experience this year being their WR1. If he gets the completions up a little bit he'll be crazy valuable. (This WR rookie class was phenomenal)

TE- Gronk- Gronk SMASH. That is all that's necessary. (Kelce would be 2nd option)

Flex- Blackmon- He WILL BE BACK

Definitely like the idea of the thread. This is kind of off the top of my head looking at current ADP and with no rookies.

QB 1 -Ben Roethlisberger- Currently going QB11 which allows you to load up at WR in a startup and still get very good production at QB.

QB 2- Tony Romo- QB18 so for a very minimal investment you can play matchups and have a good shot at top 5 type of production over the medium term as both he and Ben should be going strong for a while (and have some top WR talent to work with).

RB1- CJ Anderson (and Montee Ball)- At RB 12 and RB 38 you can lock up the Denver backfield at a relatively low price. Should produce huge numbers over the next few years, especially with the new coaching staff in place and Manning aging.

RB2- Adrian Peterson- RB28 is crazy low for Peterson. He is going to be good for somebody for a couple more years and you have a chance on hitting the Cowboys jackpot if they replace Murray with Peterson (assuming he is cut).

RB3- I am mostly avoiding RBs right now and will look to stock up in upcoming rookie drafts. I love the depth of this RB class and feel that a ton of current NFL starters are going to get replaced by these youngsters, which makes the vast majority of veteran RBs overvalued right now. So add multiple young RBs to this roster for the longer term.

WR1-Antonio Brown- I think I like Brown the best as a 1st round startup target. He's such a beast and his ADP is just now finally starting to catch up, but not quite there yet at WR3.

WR2-TY Hilton- An ADP of WR14 is fair, but I like him as a top 10 guy going forward as I think he has cemented himself as Luck's go-to guy. Should get a long-term extension soon and be Luck's Marvin Harrison.

WR3- Jarvis Landry- at an ADP of WR29 is a nice option as a very young (22) WR with a nice combination of high floor and a bit more ceiling than maybe a lot of people think. He had 54 catches in the final 8 games last year, which is a pretty crazy pace for a guy his age. With Clay a FA and Wallace on the outs in Miami, he has a great chance of getting even more targets next season and could easily be a 100 catch guy.

WR4- Eric Decker at WR34 is a cheap flex option that could easily produce WR2 type numbers if the Jets offense turns around under the new staff. Still only 27 years old.

TE1- Charles Clay- An ADP of TE 21 is crazy low for a guy this young and with his talent level. Can even grab a Martellus Bennett (TE13) or somebody like that as his platoon partner earlier in the draft. I also like Tyler Eifert.

This type of roster would be the type of one I would be trying to assemble in a startup draft today based upon the current ADPs. Only Brown, Hilton and Anderson are relatively high picks, so there would be room to stock up on rookies in rounds 4-6 and then circle back for the rest of these guys in later rounds.
Solid list

fredsavage said:
Cool thread.

Athletic ability is different than talent. Both of these players are great in the underwear Olympics, but neither has proven to be that great talent in the NFL or in NCAA.

These are the guys that I suspect will be under valued next year:

Q - Russell Wilson

R - Doug Martin

R - Benny Cunningham

W - Jeremy Maclin

W - Percy Harvin

W - Victor Cruz

T - Michael Rivera

King of the Jungle said:
fredsavage said:
Cool thread.

That seems high for a guy who plays for the worst ran NFL team and may not be the starter next year (West).
Isn't that the point of this thread? I disagree with the consensus obviously.

Qb: Rivers - at 33 he's the youngest of the elite qbs, and he was top five and in mvp consideration until he got hurt late in the season. it's a bit concerning that his top target is an aging tight end, but remember that he put up his best numbers without relying on allen or Woodhead. It feels like he has another 4+ years of qb1 numbers left in him.

Rb1: Arian foster - the number one rb in ppg, he was the number one overall in many formats when paired with Alfred blue. Yes, he gets hurt. But hes a monster when he plays, who can legitimately win you a title. and he's younger than Forte, Charles and lynch, who are all ranked ahead of him in dynasty adp. he's got a cheap backup who performs reasonably well. He's got a run friendly coach who needs him to be the center piece of the offense and he's shown that he can carry the team with mediocre qb play. He's their best runner, receiver and goal line threat. and he's cheap.

Rb2: Stevan ridley. There's basically zero chance he's back with the patriots, which is the best possible news for him. He looks the part of an nfl running back, but he's been such in a timeshare and/or doghouse for the last couple years. he was never the patriots top option on passing downs but he's a capable blocker and receiver who could make some nfl team very happy this year. get him now before free agency opens up.

Wr1: Jordy Nelson - he's entering the prime if his career, with an elite qb in the prime of his career, and he's locked up under contract, unlike cobb. He gets receptions, yards, touchdowns, and long touchdowns if you get bonuses for that. he can anchor your team for years but hes still way cheaper than guys like obj and aj green.

Wr2: Maclin - this is a risk/reward pick. Healthy, and with a healthy foles, he was elite for more than half a season. But there's so many things that can go wrong. I don't own him but I'm tempted.

Wr3: Brandon Lafell - yes, I know, its only Brandon Lafell. But look at his production with brady. he didn't play until week 3, and played hurt towards the end of the season, but still put up close to 1000 yards and he's a touchdown receiver. he fills an important role on the pats offense and would absolutely explode if Gronk or edelman missed time.

Te: Antonio gates - I wrote him off like everybody else. but now I'm convinced we're looking at a Tony Gonzalez career arc where he's capable of playing at a high level up until he retires. I don't know how many years of production to expect, but until he says he's done, I am willing to use a cheap draft pick to get him and hold a roster spot for him.

QB - Roethlisberger - Steelers seem dedicated to re-upping him, and have clearly committed to a plan where he's going to have great WR's, maybe the best pass-catching feature back in football, and a line that's really come together and should stay intact for the foreseeable future. He's not being priced that way by dynasty drafters at the moment.

Honorable mention, Andrew Luck, who even though he's the top QB going off the boards, would be my slam dunk #1 overall in virtually every format. With no weapons, no running game, and crappy line play, he's already the unquestioned #1 QB on the dynasty boards entering his mid 20's. You don't get all that many chances to nab the best fantasy QB in the league, with a game that's going to age BEAUTIFULLY, entering his prime. A pick there now pays dividends for a decade plus, with less downside than any other position carries. Where he's going right now is like choosing between Peyton Manning, Fred Taylor, and Ed McCaffery in startups after the 2000 season.

RB - Tre Mason and Latavius Murray - I've seen plenty to believe that both these teams intend to build their offenses' running games around these two guys moving ahead, and neither is currently commanding that kind of price. I think both are top ten overall picks in standard redraft leagues after next year, and I'd rather move up a couple rounds and risk being wrong about that at a decent discount anyway, rather than let them go and regret it for years.

WR - Larry Fitzgerald. First, he's not as old as you think. Second, he's still got great paws, route-running skills, and size. Third, if he gets cut, my wager is that he's already got the legend tag, he's already got the crazy contract, he's already got the respect of his peers, and that all of that makes him a prime candidate to go ring-chasing. With the skills he still has, I think he's about to enter that Cris Carter part of his career where he's the stabilizing influence and red-zone moneyballer on a team with a talented QB and some crazy athletic younger guys in need of mentoring. He's not going to put up 100/1400/12 numbers ever again. But several steady seasons of 80/1000/8 at his current price would be very, very welcome...and I think he's got that in him.

WR - Michael Crabtree. Was slow to come back from achilles surgery, and found himself in a world-class trainwreck with a team that had quit on its coach, a coach who had quit on his owner, and a QB with his head up his ###. I still believe in the talent he showcased before that, and I'm not sure anybody could have excelled given all that in 2014. Think he'll end up somewhere as a WR2, and wind up winning the QB's and coach's favor by year's end. Still only 27, and I believe in the talent.

TE - Richard Rodgers. Put up squat the first half of the year, and became a bigger and bigger part of the GB offense as he gained the team's confidence during the year. Just turned 23, and looks primed to become the major pass catching TE in GB's attack moving forward, and strikes me as coachable enough that he's likely to spend the offseason workin on the things coaches tell him he'll need to polish to get more PT next year. As TE25, that's enough info for me to take a low-cost flyer.

Pretty good chance these guys would end up on my roster if I did a startup draft this year:

QB - J Garoppolo

RB - C Michael

RB - D Martin

RB - J McKinnon

RB - B Oliver

RB - B Pierce

WR - A Robinson

WR - D Adams

WR - C Latimer

WR - B Quick

WR - J Blackmon

WR - A Hawkins

WR - Q Patton

TE - T Eifert

TE - E Ebron

I was the Ryan Howard of prognosticators in the 2014 version of this thread. Two home runs (Greg Olsen and Charles Johnson, the latter as a WW special), one double (Rivers), and a hilarious collection of whiffs (B. Tate, Ball, T-Will, Shorts).

For this year I’m sticking with a theme of “talent will out”:

QB: RG Me, Me, Me (excuse me … RGIII) - There are no superstar signal-callers in this year’s draft. There are none in free agency. And at least a quarter of current NFL starting QBs have no business being NFL starting QBs. So some GM somewhere is going to make a reclamation project out of Griffin, and within three years he’ll either be out of the league or a perennial top-6 QB. I’ll take that flip of the coin at a QB19 ADP.

RB: Jerick McKinnon (RB23) - My #1 undervalued name at any position. In the words of wdcrob, “If McKinnon isn't triggering your "likely future stud" alert at this point you may need to check the batteries.”

RB: Latavius Murray (RB24) - Another guy who seems way too low if you’re concerned with ceiling rather than floor. Give me Murray 10 drafts out of 10 over lesser talents going ahead of him such as Andre Williams and Bishop Sankey.

WR: Jeremy Maclin (WR18) - I really don’t think Philly can afford to let him walk, and I don’t see how the #1 in a Chip Kelly offense can’t help but be a fantasy WR1.

WR: Stedman Bailey (WR58) - Actually, FUBAR, I got him as WR75 in WSL1 ... :drive: My second-most undervalued name anywhere. It's borderline insane that mediocrities like Rueben Randle and Brandon LaFell are considered better dynasty buys, especially in PPR.

TE: Charles Clay (TE24) - Wait. People are taking this kid after Luke Willson in startups? After Mychal Rivera? After Owen #######’ Daniels? Is there elevator footage on him out there somewhere I’m not aware of? Should be a dozen spots higher, and IMO will be at this time next year (unless he signs with the Cardinals … more on which below).

FLX: Roy Helu (RB52) - I’ve never once heard the words Helu and “feature back” in the same sentence. Why is that? He just turned 26; he’s got a career 6 yards per touch average; he’s one of the game’s 10 best pass-catching RBs and a great blocker. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see a guy like Belichick or Payton bring him in to help keep Brady or Brees upright, and find ways of getting the ball in his hands more.

Bonus (WW special): Rob Housler - has all the measurables and skills shared by elite NFL TEs and had the bad fortune of getting drafted into the least TE-friendly system in the NFL. But now he’s free at last, free at last!, and depending on landing spot he could be a top-8 TE as early as this season. Only 26.

These are the guys that I suspect will be under valued next year:

Q - Russell Wilson

R - Doug Martin

R - Benny Cunningham

W - Jeremy Maclin

W - Percy Harvin

W - Victor Cruz

T - Michael Rivera
Where do you see Cunningham long-term? Does he need a change of scenery?

Pretty good chance these guys would end up on my roster if I did a startup draft this year:

QB - J Garoppolo

RB - C Michael

RB - D Martin

RB - J McKinnon

RB - B Oliver

RB - B Pierce

WR - A Robinson

WR - D Adams

WR - C Latimer

WR - B Quick

WR - J Blackmon

WR - A Hawkins

WR - Q Patton

TE - T Eifert

TE - E Ebron
Where do you see Pierce in 2015 and beyond? Does he get released and get a chance somewhere else? 2014 was a real disappointment. Opportunity was there.

QB - J Garoppolo

RB - C Michael

RB - D Martin

RB - J McKinnon

RB - B Oliver

RB - B Pierce

WR - A Robinson

WR - D Adams

WR - C Latimer

WR - B Quick

WR - J Blackmon

WR - A Hawkins

WR - Q Patton

TE - T Eifert

TE - E Ebron
Where do you see Pierce in 2015 and beyond? Does he get released and get a chance somewhere else? 2014 was a real disappointment. Opportunity was there.
I have no idea. I always liked him a bit, but regret not selling last offseason when he was overrated. Even before this Forsett thing Pierce had a lot of durability question marks. The guy constantly gets nicked up and has an extensive concussion history IIRC.

The two big variables in whether or not I end up owning a player are his expected performance and his price. With Pierce, it's less about the fact that I think he's a promising player and more about how cheap he is. He is ranked as RB49 in the DLF staff rankings. At this point he's basically just a cheap dart throw.

QB - Bortles: I like his aggresiveness and leadership. Gotta cut back on the turnovers.

RB - Latavius Murray: Gotta love the small sample size we got. Seems like a game breaker. Just needs the touches.

RB - Boom Herron: Would like to see what this guy has over an entire season with meaningful touches. Is already a PPR monster. If they get their Oline upgraded, he could be a diamond in the rough late in drafts.

WR - John Brown: I wanted this guy in all my leagues but I missed out in all my drafts. Seems like the next TY Hilton.

WR - Allen Robinson/Marquise Lee: There should be plenty of ops to go around in Jacksonville since I don't see them being in many games next year. Robinson had some nice games until his injury and Lee has the ability/opp to be a solid #1 or #2 at least.

TE - Travis Kelce/Virgil Green: I've been screaming at Andy Reid to get Kelce on the field more often. This guy could be a top 5 TE in 2015 especially since they may not have any WRs in KC yet again. Virgil Green is like Ladarius Green...an athletic freak that needs more ops. Unfortunately for Ladarius, Virgil may be the preferred TE in 2015. They may have to let go of Julius Thomas leaving Virgil as the #1 TE in a Peyton Manning offense. All signs point to Ladarius backing up Antonio yet again.

I'd love to have any of the above guys on my roster in 2015 if they landed at what I thought was solid value given their potential to be solid #1s.

QB- Nick Foles, I think he will succeed in Phi or STL or aherever he may end up going. His injury shortened season combined with the fact he wasnt able to sustain the ridiculous 2013 pace which was never gonna happen anyway, will leave some folks a little iffy on where he is taken in drafts. Wouldnt surprise me if he fell to QB 12-15 range in some spots. Will outperform his adp for sure assuming he stays upright.

RB- Mark Ingram, will be left in the shadow of Murrays free agency, and peterson maybe returning. Should likely go as a top 10 back, likely wont. Imo anywhere after RB8 this guy is value town, wouldnt argue with taking him slightly sooner either

RB- Latavius Murray, showed a lot of potential in limited action last season. If Del Rio and Oak can trust him and lean on him his production will crush his adp

WR- Victor Cruz, same reasons as stated before by many others

WR- Kenny Stills, his game evolved from a downfield only guy, to a solid trustworthy option underneath and in tough 3rd downs for Brees, i think their chemistry gets better and better and he flirts with WR2 production

WR- Keenan Allen, regressed in actual production, although targets were still there. I dont expect his opportunities will decrease, and I believe we've seen his floor, or close to it. I fully expect him to get back on track and potentially be a low end WR1

TE- J Cam, depending on where he lands, his adp may not slip a lot, he will still be the 5th or 6th TE taken in most drafts no matter where he lands Id imagine, but he will fall later either way due to an underachieving season, concussion concerns and potential qb issues depending on the landing spot. I still like him to produce, and if you can get him in the mid rounds amongst the Kelce, witten, donnell type guys, i like that value. If he goes to say, Atl, or GB like rumored, then id expect his adp to rise and in that case, option B is;

Mychal Rivera- He is in a good situation. Talent wise, im not so sure overall that he's anything more than a low end TE2, but right now, he has a young QB, throwing a lot in most games. Terrible OL. To me this adds up to, several dump offs due to pressure and more catch opp's than he'd likely get in most places. He and Carr seemed to be comfortable with each other in the RZ, which is a plus. This is a guy who will likely be taken very very late if at all in re drafts but could get you some nice points weeke to week if you go Zero TE or as a safety net for a TE taken in early rounds, super value here imo

Users who are viewing this thread