What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Word Title/Alphabet Mixtape Draft (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
LINK TO GOOGLE DOC

Might as well start getting participants and whine about the rules for a couple days. I have off Wednesday/Thursday, so that might be a target

time to get it started officially.

I believe this is the long list of rules that we were tossing around in the other thread:

- draft songs that are one word titles: no the, a, I, etc..
- you can use songs with () ie Stop! (Or My mom will Shoot)
- you can use a number as long as it is a one word number ie 4 or 18. they will be place alphabetically how they are spelled.
- draft one song for each letter of the alphabet
- you can have 4 mulligans (22 songs in your mix) and skip over hard letters/ones that don't fit your mix
- there isn't a hard time limit, but for the sake of listening, you should try to cap it at 90mins
- the final mix should be in alphabetical order, either forward or reverse
- you can start your mix with any letter, but the rest has to cycle through the alphabet in order.
- ie you can go a to z, or you can start with g and end up at f

Drafters:

KarmaPolice
el floppo
binky
n.v.
mr ected
zamboni
eephus
dreaded marco
simey
jml
zilla
valence
steve tasker
jalapanose

??? acer

Last edited by a moderator:
DRAFT ORDER:

1.1 Acer 2.16

1.2 Binky 2.15

1.3 Dreaded Marco 2.14

1.4 Eephus 2.13

1.5 El Floppo 2.12

1.6 Jalapanose 2.11

1.7 JML 2.10

1.8 Jzilla 2.9

1.9 KarmaPolice 2.8

1.10 Mr Ected 2.7

1.11 Mrs Rannous 2.6

1.12 Northern Voice 2.5

1.13 simey 2.4

1.14 Steve Tasker 2.3

1.15 Valence 2.2

1.16 Zamboni 2.1

Last edited by a moderator:
[Eephus] With only 22 songs, we probably could set a time limit of 75-80 mins if desired[/Eephus]
yeah, I am not going to police the time too much, but I think we can agree that a mix of 22 8 min prog rock songs would be a little much. I think an average song length of about 4 mins is reasonable.

also- this is your mix. there are no rules regarding b-sides, live versions, remixes, etc. as long as you can produce the version of the song for your final mix.

[Eephus] With only 22 songs, we probably could set a time limit of 75-80 mins if desired[/Eephus]
You guys got me wrong. I've never been a fan of arbitrary time limits. I just think >15 song mixes are generally too long. But this theme pretty much dictates a higher number of songs. We might as well pick the full 26 letters :nerd:

IN

You guys got me wrong. I've never been a fan of arbitrary time limits. I just think >15 song mixes are generally too long. But this theme pretty much dictates a higher number of songs. We might as well pick the full 26 letters :nerd:

IN
I get it. you are all about the flow, and it is hard to keep that going after so many songs.

imo these drafts are for finding that balance. either they are wide open categories and easier to put a cohesive mix together (our surprise mixes- but as you pointed out, a draft format loses its purpose a bit), or categories are more constricted making drafting more meaningful but mixes less cohesive.

part of my problem is that I don't think I ever had an ear for the art of the mixtape. I always just slapped together a few songs I like, and even that was rare. I seemed to be obsessed with albums- and to this day there is nothing on my ipod that isn't a full album- no greatest hits, soundtracks, random songs, etc.

So much of what I'd be drafting is likely not in my media data libraries... without knowing much about it, I'd be nervous that Mediafire would limit my options vs a Spotify.

So much of what I'd be drafting is likely not in my media data libraries... without knowing much about it, I'd be nervous that Mediafire would limit my options vs a Spotify.
I think most in here have spotify too. I think that is why I preferred that option, since it was easier to research/listen to new stuff I didn't have on my computer. however, I get the annoyance with the remix songs and spotify not having everything.

how about we just post whichever is more convenient, and we will go from there.

Option of spotify or mediafire/upload sounds good to me. Being Canadian really hinders my spotify abilities, unless I become not cheap and pay the $10/month, but I have an iPod with 130 GB of music that will always be my primary device. What do spotify people do for car listening, wouldn't it use a ton of data when not on wifi?

Option of spotify or mediafire/upload sounds good to me. Being Canadian really hinders my spotify abilities, unless I become not cheap and pay the $10/month, but I have an iPod with 130 GB of music that will always be my primary device. What do spotify people do for car listening, wouldn't it use a ton of data when not on wifi?
I have unlimited data on phone so its not a problem. my problem is I live in the country-ish so it is not the best driving back and forth to work.

I have mainly been using it at home and it has been really good for finding new stuff to put on my ipod. also, I cleaned up the ipod a little knowing I have another avenue for music.

I'd love to join you gentlemen and lady, but I've got testing starting this week and I'd be way too awol. I will watch and listen. Good Luck!

Going on vacation in mid-May otherwise I'd join, especially if people are going to be uploading things to Mediafire or whatnot. Looking forward to following along as an outside observer though :thumbup:

So if a song gets drafted by someone else, you can't use it also, correct?

Sounds fun, I'd like to be in
welcome aboard.

how about we use today to get any more drafters. will randomize a draft order tomorrow and we can slowly start, with clock kicking in on Thursday?

So if a song gets drafted by someone else, you can't use it also, correct?

Sounds fun, I'd like to be in
welcome aboard.how about we use today to get any more drafters. will randomize a draft order tomorrow and we can slowly start, with clock kicking in on Thursday?
Draft order should be alphabetical by screen name
we could do that too.
Unless zmanzzz or Zartan joins, I guess I finally get my shot at the turn after all these years.

Just to be clear, we can draft the songs in whatever order we want, but the final mix needs to be arranged from whatever letter we want, directly through the alphabet? So I can draft all willy-nilly but my order has to be, say, C --> B, or P --> O, or W --> V or whatever, right?

Just to be clear, we can draft the songs in whatever order we want, but the final mix needs to be arranged from whatever letter we want, directly through the alphabet? So I can draft all willy-nilly but my order has to be, say, C --> B, or P --> O, or W --> V or whatever, right?
correct. you can even be fancy and reverse it and go c--> d.

Users who are viewing this thread