What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Casually watched most of the show...then the last two matches were pure fire. Charlotte lit up Rousey and Brock sold his ### off for Bryan. Awesome stuff. 

It was tough to watch. 
only thing I can't figure out is if the blood from the mouth was real or a gel pack.  The elbow from Flair was clearly a mistake but the way the blood flowed and then stopped was odd.  I think all the bruises looked real though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brutal match between Rousey and Flair.   Certainly not the crowd reaction WWE was trying to set up but damn, I think Rousey took more real hits than any woman ever had before.
Charlotte taking pointers from my Irish Lass kicking wife. I loved it. Don't think Charlotte is heel think it's more her doing what she can for Becky. The MMA Horsewomen need to be heel for the angle to work. The fans turning on Ronda really could make it work for her too as well. 

WWE has pictures (Almost wanted poster types) of Enzo with his real name at every door for security purposes at tonights RAW and possible tomorrow's SDLive. 

SDLive was a joke last night and Fox Execs were apparently backstage. SDLive is a joke. Seriously did Big Show take a dump in Vince's Private Rest Room again? 

Bray Wyatt returned at Starcade last night as a face. 1 hr special tonight based on reports and from listening to podcast probably another special you can skip. 

HHH also announced yesterday Jan 13th in Blackpool England the first ever NXT UK Takeover. Saying they are bringing it back to where it all began. NXT UK has been some of the best from WWE programming since it started a month ago. 

Takeover WarGames 2 was also some great stuff. The War Games match itself had a lot of Mama F'N Mia moments and I loved the Black/Gargano match. I got Vacation this week so I'm gonna catch up on NJPW Tag league. The only issue I have with it is not all the matches are airing and its not all English commentary with Kelly and Rocky Romero (who btw is incredible as a color guy)/ 

Alexa Bliss in ring career is over. A guy who I talk to who has a WWE source was told Alexa was quietly put in her new role last night on TV. This is the same source who told him Paige was gonna have to retire. Drs won't clear her to compete. Rumor has it that Alexa's injury is similar to Jason Jordan

My Wife on the other hand Becky has been cleared to compete and will face Charlotte at TLC in the first ever Women's TLC Match. A winner of a women's royal rumble tonight will make it a triple threat. 

1. Brandi Rhodes

2. Tessa

3. Britt Baker

4. Scarlett Bordeaux

5. Alexa Bliss

6. Mickie James

7. Madison Rayne

8. Becky

9. Charlotte

10. Tenille Dashwood
1. Toni Storm

2. Becky

3. Tessa

4. Mia Yimm

5. Tenille Dashwood

6. Xia Brookside

7. Kairi Sane

8. Ilo Shira

9. Tegan Noxx

10. Zelina Vega

I need to expand my wrestling viewing then. 
Once you see Scarlett Bordeaux, you'll be glad you expanded your vistas. (I also did not include Katrina and Melissa Santos from Lucha Underground as they don't wrestle.)

Why I have Charlotte higher than Sasha? I'm a leg/thigh man and love long legs.

Once you see Scarlett Bordeaux, you'll be glad you expanded your vistas. (I also did not include Katrina and Melissa Santos from Lucha Underground as they don't wrestle.)

Why I have Charlotte higher than Sasha? I'm a leg/thigh man and love long legs.
Dammit I'm so far behind on LU I forgot about Santos. 

At TLC, I’d like to see Alexis Bliss get revenge for her Team Little Big partner by somehow getting Corbin to somehow lose his match and therefore lose his position as GM. And then, of course, Stephanie will make Alexis GM instead. After all,why should she settle for running the women’s division when she can have the whole show?

I gather by the lack of chatter that I didn't miss much by skipping Raw
Been the case for quite some time. You can miss months and months and nothing changes. Its a storyline-less pro wrestling show. They're doing peak TNA #s now.

Rumbles here next month and only wrestling event I'll attend is probably Bruce prichard podcast live show. Might consider nxt to see velveteen dream before he's ruined on main roster. Zero interest in the rumble itself. Stadium shows are the dizzling #### for fans unless you're in the first row ringside . 

I did find something wrestling related worth purchasing. Kayfabe Commentaries now has on demand with their shoot video interviews. Imagine podcasts have hurt their business but they're better imo than listening to jr/Austin/Jericho interviewing guys. 

Larry the Axe Henning passed away today. Grandfather to Curtis Axel and dad to Mr. Perfect, he had a modest title resume. That didn't take away from how tough he was.

AWA Midwest Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Lars Anderson

AWA World Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Duke Hoffman (1) and Harley Race (3)

AWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament (1962) - with Duke Hoffman

IWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Bob Windham

NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Curt Hennig

NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Amarillo version) (1 time)

Been the case for quite some time. You can miss months and months and nothing changes. Its a storyline-less pro wrestling show. They're doing peak TNA #s now.

Rumbles here next month and only wrestling event I'll attend is probably Bruce prichard podcast live show. Might consider nxt to see velveteen dream before he's ruined on main roster. Zero interest in the rumble itself. Stadium shows are the dizzling #### for fans unless you're in the first row ringside . 

I did find something wrestling related worth purchasing. Kayfabe Commentaries now has on demand with their shoot video interviews. Imagine podcasts have hurt their business but they're better imo than listening to jr/Austin/Jericho interviewing guys. 
Agree - Wake me up when the Rumble weekend is here. - I'm taking my kid to a house show on 12/30 but outside of that I've been watching MNF and haven't bothered watching it the next day.  I find myself sometimes watching smackdown because I can get through it quicker.

Gottabesweet said:
Agree - Wake me up when the Rumble weekend is here. - I'm taking my kid to a house show on 12/30 but outside of that I've been watching MNF and haven't bothered watching it the next day.  I find myself sometimes watching smackdown because I can get through it quicker.
House shows as good as any to attend. Cheaper tickets and less crowds. Tbh all their shows are house shows anymore. Some just happen to be televised. 

YouTube clips are good for quick viewing and seeing acts that are good (like Elias imo). Can't fathom sitting through 2-3+ straight hours of what they're doing right now. It's commonly why I hear more and more people liking nxt. It's shorter (and results in less cringe worthy promos).

House shows as good as any to attend. Cheaper tickets and less crowds. Tbh all their shows are house shows anymore. Some just happen to be televised. 

YouTube clips are good for quick viewing and seeing acts that are good (like Elias imo). Can't fathom sitting through 2-3+ straight hours of what they're doing right now. It's commonly why I hear more and more people liking nxt. It's shorter (and results in less cringe worthy promos).
Both RAW and SD suffered their worst rating this week.

Both RAW and SD suffered their worst rating this week.
Thats because both shows were horrible this week.

I haven't watched a full episode of either in about a month.  I'll catch about 10-20mins, but then turn it off.  The story-lines are slow and nothing is picking up.  Hoping for something better leading into RR, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thats because both shows were horrible this week.

I haven't watched a full episode of either in about a month.  I'll catch about 10-20mins, but then turn it off.  The story-lines are slow and nothing is picking up.  Hoping for something better leading into RR, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think this week's rating are more based on last week's show, which most people considered the worst Raw of all time.  Next week's ratings will probably be lower.  We'll see.

Not digging the Elias face turn, I think it's a colossal mistake.  I've been a huge fan of his work but this saps a good portion of what was getting him over and turns him into a vanilla JAG.

Not digging the Elias face turn, I think it's a colossal mistake.  I've been a huge fan of his work but this saps a good portion of what was getting him over and turns him into a vanilla JAG.
They seem to drag out everything, Braun was red hot, a couple years ago, maybe 1.5 years ago and they missed their spot.  Elias was RED HOT as a heel at one point and then they just didn't have anything to do with him.

They seem to drag out everything, Braun was red hot, a couple years ago, maybe 1.5 years ago and they missed their spot.  Elias was RED HOT as a heel at one point and then they just didn't have anything to do with him.
Heel Elias would get a reaction from me, but there was really no face for him to feud with.

Users who are viewing this thread