What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

According to this, they were testing her at the house show, giving her a very limited role. But apparently it didn't go well and she's back on the shelf for concussion or something. Maybe for awhile. 
The thing is she's been injured for awhile and has been wrestling at house shows for awhile now too. She was wrestling house shows before Evolution. This is where I saw WWE just doesn't take care of their talent

The thing is she's been injured for awhile and has been wrestling at house shows for awhile now too. She was wrestling house shows before Evolution. This is where I saw WWE just doesn't take care of their talent
House shows are like the dark matches they have before TV events. They try things that aren't TV ready. You know that Bliss wants to get back as soon as she can. At house shows she can wrestle without doing anything too strenuous and get away with it because it's not on TV. She's probably keeping fit and seeing how much she can do without aggravating whatever her issue is. And until she's ready to perform to TV standards again, she'll be doing managerial type stuff like being captain for RAW. 

I'm loving Becky right now. I wish they'd let her beat Rousey. 

The way Rousey deals with defeat, though, she probably has a clause in her contract that she can't lose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance she has enhanced her breasts while out with injury? Real question.

House shows are like the dark matches they have before TV events. They try things that aren't TV ready. You know that Bliss wants to get back as soon as she can. At house shows she can wrestle without doing anything too strenuous and get away with it because it's not on TV. She's probably keeping fit and seeing how much she can do without aggravating whatever her issue is. And until she's ready to perform to TV standards again, she'll be doing managerial type stuff like being captain for RAW. 
The problem is and I've heard from wrestlers before is they hate the house shows. More risk of injury. Most of the injuries these guys get today are from the house shows. they also do more gimmick matches. Remember Seth tore his knee apart during I think a Tables or some sort of DQ match vs Kane at a house show. Yeah they try stuff there but if she's injured why put her out there and risk further injury. Also the one thing that bugs me is when a wrestler is Kayfabe injured on TV but they still have them wrestle on house shows like people won't figure it out? 

I'm loving Becky right now. I wish they'd let her beat Rousey. 

The way Rousey deals with defeat, though, she probably has a clause in her contract that she can't lose. 
Ronda actually seems like she doesn't care if she wins. She knows WWE is gonna put her over because she's a big draw. You can tell she cares and doesn't care about winning as she had a recent interview they asked her dream opponent at Mania. She said Sasha and she's been a fan of hers for a long time. However she didn't think she was ready to have a match like that with one of the best Women on the roster and she didn't think she earned that match yet. Ronda is the complete 180 that Brock is these days. 

So, is Brock just going to sit on the Universal title until Roman gets over cancer?
Apparently, VKM wants Brock to carry the title to his UFC match in March. 

Currently, he has an appearance contract with IIRC 2 appearances left - one of which is Survivor Series against AJ Styles. 

Also, depending on Reign’s leukemia, he could be out as long as 2-3 years from things I’ve read. I’m no cancer expert so YMMV. 

Apparently, VKM wants Brock to carry the title to his UFC match in March. 

Currently, he has an appearance contract with IIRC 2 appearances left - one of which is Survivor Series against AJ Styles. 

Also, depending on Reign’s leukemia, he could be out as long as 2-3 years from things I’ve read. I’m no cancer expert so YMMV. 
That sounds right. Even if he clears it in a year or year in a half the recovery time to get back to what he was before is hell and could be even longer. 

Who's it gonna be that takes it off Brock? Drew? Sure as hell looking like it won't ever be Strowman.

Oughtta be Demon don't @ me about his size.
Vince won't do it because it seems every time a guy gets hurt with it they really don't put it back on them ever and can't trust them. I think Seth would be an exception since his was a freak accident. I wish it was him but I heard Drew is getting the push he was suppose to get when he first debuted on SD with The Choosen One gimmick. 

Ronda actually seems like she doesn't care if she wins. She knows WWE is gonna put her over because she's a big draw. You can tell she cares and doesn't care about winning as she had a recent interview they asked her dream opponent at Mania. She said Sasha and she's been a fan of hers for a long time. However she didn't think she was ready to have a match like that with one of the best Women on the roster and she didn't think she earned that match yet. Ronda is the complete 180 that Brock is these days. 
Just because she wants a match with Sasha doesn’t mean she’s willing to lose to her.

She was a huge draw in the UFC when she lost her first fight to a big underdog. She had been fighting twice a year. Then she took a year off before they were able to get her back in the octagon. When she did, she showed that she had done almost nothing to improve her striking game and quickly got beaten again. Rather than try to improve and make a comeback, she fled MMA.

As pro wrestling is predetermined, there’s no reason anyone should ever beat her. She’ll finally be able to retire undefeated as she always wanted to do with MMA.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But I remember watching Rousey on The Ultimate Fighter as a coach against Tate. She always struck me as an arrogant brat. The UFC seemed to have her work on her public image after that season. That doesn’t mean she’s still not the same away from the public eye.

Just because she wants a match with Sasha doesn’t mean she’s willing to lose to her.

She was a huge draw in the UFC when she lost her first fight to a big underdog. She had been fighting twice a year. Then she took a year off before they were able to get her back in the octagon. When she did, she showed that she had done almost nothing to improve her striking game and quickly got beaten again. Rather than try to improve and make a comeback, she fled MMA.

As pro wrestling is predetermined, there’s no reason anyone should ever beat her. She’ll finally be able to retire undefeated as she always wanted to do with MMA.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But I remember watching Rousey on The Ultimate Fighter as a coach against Tate. She always struck me as an arrogant brat. The UFC seemed to have her work on her public image after that season. That doesn’t mean she’s still not the same away from the public eye.
I've already heard from people that she legit does't care if she wins or not. SHes just happy to be there however she knows because of how big of a draw she is WWE is gonna push her big time. Based on everything I've heard She's incredible humble 

I think the bolded is a bunch of baloney from a lot of people. She backed up what she said until she lost her undefeated record for the longest time. Yeah when she lost she went into a phase but very competitive people tend to do some stuff others who wouldn't care as much do. Her streak meant a lot to her and it was a promise she had made to her mom who she is incredible close too. I have a hard time like guys like Jon Jones who thinks he's above the UFC with all his PED and other uses. And then a guy like Faber who had issues with Dominic Cruz all because of a promotional poster. I think people used the she's arrogant as a copout for not liking her since she was always winning just like people don't like McGregor because they think he's arrogant. Without Ronda and McGregor the last 5 yrs who knows how popular the UFC wouldn't of been. Though I feel most MMA fans are fickle. They'll love you and you do one little thing they don't like suddenly you are overrated, first loss you get you were never that good etc etc. Very little fan loyalty fighter to fighter. 

I actually don't watch much MMA anymore. I did see the season of TUF that McGregor was on and didn't like him because he was arrogant, same as Ronda. On that show you see a lot of how they interact with other guys. He was generous with the fighters he liked, but he was always walking around making it clear he was better than all the rest because he made more money. 

Ronda always seemed to be on a hair trigger. It didn't help that she hated Tate before the show started, but like the first episode when Tate first walked in the gym, Ronda immediately started throwing a fit. Tate wasn't originally supposed to be on the show and Ronda immediately assumed she was there to replace Ronda rather than the other coach, which was who she was replacing. She wouldn't even let Tate explain, just went nuclear on seeing her. 

DJackson10 said:
I've already heard from people that she legit does't care if she wins or not. SHes just happy to be there however she knows because of how big of a draw she is WWE is gonna push her big time. Based on everything I've heard She's incredible humble 
I kind of get that vibe seeing her on TV, almost as if this is what she needed to do. Unlike Brock, she cares about the business and respects it. You'll never see her going into business for herself.  When she comes out,  she has a smile that shows she loves what she's doing now.  Wrestling can always use more people like her.

(FTR, I'm agnostic on Rousey. I don't hate her and don't mind her being there. I don't mark out for her like I would Becky or Tessa Blanchard.)

I kind of get that vibe seeing her on TV, almost as if this is what she needed to do. Unlike Brock, she cares about the business and respects it. You'll never see her going into business for herself.  When she comes out,  she has a smile that shows she loves what she's doing now.  Wrestling can always use more people like her.

(FTR, I'm agnostic on Rousey. I don't hate her and don't mind her being there. I don't mark out for her like I would Becky or Tessa Blanchard.)
Yeah I just hate the smiling to the ring and all. SHes suppose to be this badass but her smiling really ruins it. How can I get invested in her kicking someone's ### and being serious about it when she has a happy go lucky attitude towards the ring. 

Thanks for nothing, Nia Jax. Becky - Rhonda match pulled from Survivor Series.

The Fightful report states that Becky suffered a broken nose and a concussion during the invasion angle that closed last night's RAW. Becky was checked by doctors after the show and did not immediately travel to St. Louis with the rest of the blue brand crew for tonight's show. The injury may have happened when Nia Jax hit Becky with a stiff shot during the brawl, busting her open. There is said to be some minor heat on Jax for the injury.

I actually don't watch much MMA anymore. I did see the season of TUF that McGregor was on and didn't like him because he was arrogant, same as Ronda. On that show you see a lot of how they interact with other guys. He was generous with the fighters he liked, but he was always walking around making it clear he was better than all the rest because he made more money. 

Ronda always seemed to be on a hair trigger. It didn't help that she hated Tate before the show started, but like the first episode when Tate first walked in the gym, Ronda immediately started throwing a fit. Tate wasn't originally supposed to be on the show and Ronda immediately assumed she was there to replace Ronda rather than the other coach, which was who she was replacing. She wouldn't even let Tate explain, just went nuclear on seeing her. 
You do realize TUF was predicated on the most part at first of the two coaches not liking each other right? They did that intentional to create more drama and ratings. Most of these "reality " shows aren't that. It's slight of hand stuff with reality mixed in. 

Screw Nia. Did you see the actual shot? It was a big time stiff shot with what looked like intent behind it. NIA didn't even look like she was concerned after she did it. She should of never been a main roster person. She didn't spend enough time in NXT and only there because she's Rock's Cousin. I'm willing to bet this could be big time heat and look for her to lose her #1 contender spot to Ember in a match with that on the line and she looses clean in less then 4 mins. Not because she injured Becky but because she took their biggest cross promotion female draw Rousey off one of the big 4 PPVs. Also if she does keep the spot look for her to be in the match with Ronda on Monday night and she taps in a squash match and then she isn't in the title picture for a very long time. I can see her being the first elimination on Sunday in the match. Shes gonna get nuclear HEAT from a crowd thats not just an LA crowd but usually fairly International. From what I've hear NIA is an incredible dangerous worker. Some have said they don't think it's intentional as much as because of her size she doesn't realize her own strength sometimes and power behind the force she has

Also Nia and her fans are a bunch of losers. Remember NIA went after a wrestling PODcaster Grimm's ToySHow after Royal Rumble where Grim calls her NIA The Batte cow when she comes out. Someone brought up video of his daughter about 5-6 saying it. NIA brought up the whole thing and instead of privately handling the matter she basically threw it out there publicly and let her fans attack him like wild dogs. There was stuff like "I hope he dies" "I hope he gets cancer" "What a anti female person" "I hope he loses his kids for that". Now if that was me and my fans started doing it I'd have asked my fans to please be better then that She didn't and sort of engaged it going further. Grim did apologize and she accepted it but after the whole issue and the way she handled that and how her fans handled it I've always seen her whole Positive and be nice to people as incredible hypocritical. People are mean for attacking her about her weight and all but it's ok if her fans attack those people back? 

So Charlotte will replace Becky vs Ronda which is planting the Seeds for the Four Horsewoman's match they want

Also Daniel Bryan went full heel and beat AJ for the title 

I got this from my source though just a few mins ago

"ok ok guys big news, apparently this will be turned into a thriple threat and Brock is dropping the title to AJ. AJ is going to Raw as the top star to replace Roman. This was planned all along..."

You do realize TUF was predicated on the most part at first of the two coaches not liking each other right? They did that intentional to create more drama and ratings. Most of these "reality " shows aren't that. It's slight of hand stuff with reality mixed in. 
You did see where I said that Rousey hated Tate, right? So yes, I knew that. Though Rousey threw the fit because she didn’t know why Tate was there. She wasn’t supposed to be the opposing coach - she replaced the other coach because she got injured and wasn’t going to be able to face Rousey after show, so they swapped in Tate. But Rousey thought Tate was going to replace her for some reason which is why she threw the fit.

Also Rousey admitted that part of why she hated Tate was just so she could get herself more worked up when fighting her. Of the two, Tate seemed likable and reasonable while Rousey was just an arrogant brat. Maybe she’s a great person off camera, but she’s always just rubbed me the wrong way.

You did see where I said that Rousey hated Tate, right? So yes, I knew that. Though Rousey threw the fit because she didn’t know why Tate was there. She wasn’t supposed to be the opposing coach - she replaced the other coach because she got injured and wasn’t going to be able to face Rousey after show, so they swapped in Tate. But Rousey thought Tate was going to replace her for some reason which is why she threw the fit.

Also Rousey admitted that part of why she hated Tate was just so she could get herself more worked up when fighting her. Of the two, Tate seemed likable and reasonable while Rousey was just an arrogant brat. Maybe she’s a great person off camera, but she’s always just rubbed me the wrong way.
Rousey has a weird way of pumping herself up but her and McGregor know the fight business and selling a fight. No one cares about two people fighting even if they are the two best if there's no build to it. McGregor and Ronda were the best in MMA with it. Like Conor said it was just business. To be honest I could've care less about Khabib McGregor until all the events happened leading up to it. Conor sold that fight. You need to sell the fights with the fighters as much the names do. Names alone won't get buys unless you say are brining in a huge name AKA Brock, Fedor in his prime etc etc. After awhile the names lose their appeal as the only thing selling a fight. 

Also take with a Grain of Salt but rumor from the co host of the podcast I listen to said his source was telling him Nia wasn't happy with her booking and went into business for herself. But that Nia had Heat with Becky already which is weird. Not sure why but guess her is that Nia didn't like the she wasn't booked like Becky or something similar. The punch seen now is not the type of punch you use in wrestling Thats a shoot punch but that looked like it had some intent. Usually if someone acccidently stiffs their opponent right after realizing it they seem concerned for the person they hit. Nia seemed like no care in the world. I could also see WWE not punishing her do to the Samoan Family line but WWE would get nuclear heat from fans if nothing is done either. 

If what was reported in the podcast true NIA went Sexy Star and needs to be future endeavored. 

Also take with a Grain of Salt but rumor from the co host of the podcast I listen to said his source was telling him Nia wasn't happy with her booking and went into business for herself. But that Nia had Heat with Becky already which is weird. Not sure why but guess her is that Nia didn't like the she wasn't booked like Becky or something similar. The punch seen now is not the type of punch you use in wrestling Thats a shoot punch but that looked like it had some intent. Usually if someone acccidently stiffs their opponent right after realizing it they seem concerned for the person they hit. Nia seemed like no care in the world. I could also see WWE not punishing her do to the Samoan Family line but WWE would get nuclear heat from fans if nothing is done either. 

If what was reported in the podcast true NIA went Sexy Star and needs to be future endeavored. 
Yeah, don't understand why Nia would hate Becky; they've been on separate shows for months.

It's obvious from the footage that that punch was stiff and intentional. It's funny that Nia will have heat but WWE showed the punch in all its power.

There are other ways to punish Nia; it runs the gamut from being Blue Blazer'd, go on an extended losing streak, kayfabe injury, etc.

So Charlotte will replace Becky vs Ronda which is planting the Seeds for the Four Horsewoman's match they want

"ok ok guys big news, apparently this will be turned into a thriple threat and Brock is dropping the title to AJ. AJ is going to Raw as the top star to replace Roman. This was planned all along..."
I am on board with this. AJ Styles needs to be the current face of the company. 

Perhaps the Good Bros will go with him and the they'll reform the The Club on Raw?  Stables are all the rage now, so why not?  Would mix with the rumors of The Elite going to WWE around Mania.

Tom Servo said:
Yeah, don't understand why Nia would hate Becky; they've been on separate shows for months.

It's obvious from the footage that that punch was stiff and intentional. It's funny that Nia will have heat but WWE showed the punch in all its power.

There are other ways to punish Nia; it runs the gamut from being Blue Blazer'd, go on an extended losing streak, kayfabe injury, etc.
Punish her the way Vince punished The Big Show for pooping in his private bathroom.....take her off TV, and put her on a house card tour working against a bigger and slower opponent (In the Big Shows case it was the Great Khali) so it forces her to move around at an up tempo rate.  

DJackson10 said:

Interesting......

Punish her the way Vince punished The Big Show for pooping in his private bathroom.....take her off TV, and put her on a house card tour working against a bigger and slower opponent (In the Big Shows case it was the Great Khali) so it forces her to move around at an up tempo rate.  
?

Tom Servo said:

I think she was jealous of the booking. Something may have happened backstage at one of the PPV's possible? Those are my only guesses. Talked to my co worker who works WWE events and gets stuff from guys in WWE he works with (Vince years ago offered him a job on video crew after one of the Philly Convention center shows but didn't take it so Vince kept his contact asked him yrs later when they started RAW if he could help out when they came to Philly. Each city has guys like my co worker) from WWE on his twitter. He mentioned to me that apparently Jimmy and Naomi are no longer a couple. No one said why but apparently theres a split. I'm trying to ask people I know in the know about it and see if this has any legs or just some sick rumor someone is spreading backstage who doesn't like them. 

Becky should have taken the chair after Jax instead of Rousey for what she did.  
Fun fact. The IWC always goes after Dana Brooke for botching but Dana saw Becky was hurt and covered her up to protect Becky to make sure she was OK. Also someone said theres footage of Charlotte saw what happened and immediately went after NIA and gave a stiff shot of her own to NIA. 

Even better do what they did to Mickie after her and Cena broke up and before she Left with the Piggy James stuff. Go do a storyline where Alexa turns on her with Mickie and all and they make fun of her weight and all again. NIA goes ballistic and Ronda tries to settle her down and she takes a shot at Ronda. Ronda has a matche with her and squashes her in 2 mins whiner she "Kayfabs" breaks her arm. NIA is not on TV for months. They either send her to development or they need to fire her. I hate saying these things but it holds true in WWE a lot. If she wasn't Rock's Cousin with the amount of Women she's already hurt including Zelina at Evolution she would've already been fired. 

Perhaps the Good Bros will go with him and the they'll reform the The Club on Raw?  Stables are all the rage now, so why not?  Would mix with the rumors of The Elite going to WWE around Mania.
This I would love but they need to involved Balor in this. If Cody comes too they are gonna need more and both AJ and Balor were kicked out of BUllet Club by the Bucks as well and Omega was part of the AJ one and Codi eventually replaced him. Apparently The Good Brothers, Balor and AJ gave their blessing to Tami Tonga to kick out the Bucks and Omega and the elite from BC and make the BC OG which the way they are booked is the original way Bullet Club was. 

I'm torn on the whole BCOG and The Elite thing. I loved original Bullet Club and I think Tami Tonga is an incredible underrated Wrestler and the OG's are basically bringing it back to the original stable and they have Robbie Eagles and Ishimori. However I'm a big fan of Omega/Codi/The Bucks/Hangman/Marty. I think the Elite Commercilized BC a little too much but I get why they did it. However it got a little too corny for me. 

Tom Servo said:

So I asked someone to look into the Naomi/Jimmy thing for me who also heard about Becky and NIA heat. Told me he was vague about asking to not cause an issue. He told me he's now heard that wasn't the case  with Becky/Nia and WWE is gonna do everything they can bank on what happened. That maybe the case but they need to retrain her. Source told him that Nia apparently misjudged the distance. 

I've since heard that was not the case. That she misjudged her fist landing and WWE is going to capitalize on this every way they can. 

That was obvious from the beginning of Smackdown the other night.
Sounds like Jimmy and Naomi are on rocky terms in Relationship. I had heard before one of the USO's was a big flirt and it was Jimmy. Apparently Naomi has caught him messing around. My source who went to his guy didn't say who or if it was someone in WWE but was caught. Naomi and him are trying to work things out but its on rocky terms. 

Brutal match between Rousey and Flair.   Certainly not the crowd reaction WWE was trying to set up but damn, I think Rousey took more real hits than any woman ever had before.

Users who are viewing this thread