What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Top 10-15 Mock - Post it here. *updated with 2.0* (1 Viewer)

One

Not Allowed In Mexico

• Welcome to One's 2009 NFL Draft •

Comments welcomed, no expertice needed. Just a fun mock. Please post yours too.

1. Detroit Lions : Matthew Stafford QB, Georgia

Detroit kicks off the draft with their QB of the future, then moves up to take an OT with the their second 1st rounder since the draft is pretty deep at the LT position.

2. St. Louis Rams : Jason Smith OT, Baylor

The Rams are tired of their QB being minced in the pocket so they go after the #1 LT. This takes a lot of pressure off of Bulger and makes Jackson that much better.

3. Kansas City Chiefs : Aaron Curry LB, Wake Forest

With Pioli pulling the strings, KC goes after the best defensive player in the draft. Curry kicks off KC's quest to rebuild it's new Defense.

4. Seattle Seahawks : BJ Raji DT, Boston College

See ya Crabtree, the Seattle WR corp isn't so bad now. Housh, Branch, & Burleson (maybe even Engram) create quite a threat as long as they stay healthy.

Instead Seattle goes with BJ Raji to help plug up that hole in the middle of Seattle's Defense. Raji's 40 against Rich Eisen is was enough to catapult him into the top 5.

5. Cleveland Browns : Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State

This is an easy pick as Cleveland needs corners BAD. Jenkins may not have ran well at the Combine, but you can't deny he's got the makeup of a great NFL corner.

6. Cincinnati Bengals : Eugene Monroe OT, Virginia

'08 showed that Palmer's NOTHING without time in the pocket. Some have Crabtree going here,

but having two excellent receivers last year didn't help so drafting and OT is the only way Palmer gets back to his old 4,000 yard self.

I think Ocho Cinco grows up and the 3 receivers drafted last year will get their chance to shine.

...they may even snag Coles in FA.

7. Oakland Raiders : Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech

I've been saying for the last few years the Raiders needs an LT.

Well, Oakland saw a ray of light late last year with OT Mario Henderson protecting the left side and he did surprisingly WELL.

JaMarcus Russell also got better with the improved line help, but his receivers are still pretty raw.

I think Higgins and Schillens end up being pretty good this season, but OAK's still out of a solid go to #1.

So in the spirit of old Al Davis, The Raiders once again pick the most overhyped guy in the draft to help out Russell.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars : Andre Smith OT, Alabama

Jacksonville saw their line fall apart right in front of their eyes last season ...as did their offensive production.

I don't think Smith is as bad a guy as most and I think his Pro Day will impress enough to keep him in the Top 10.

9. Green Bay – Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss

Green Bay has some patching to do with the O Line so they grab Oher as a much needed need.

10. San Francisco – Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

I think SF needs another Tackle or D-Lineman, but i can't get past their glaring need for a starting quarterback.

Dirty Sanchez is the perfect fit for what the 49ers have going on in the Bay.

11. Buffalo – Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn St.

Buffalo HAS TO build some kind of pass rush and Maybin is the perfect guy for it.

12. Denver – Brian Orakpo DE, Texas

Denver goes with Orakpo to fill nicely into their new defense.

13. Washington – Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

Maualuga is a fun pick here to line up behind Haynesworth. This D is starting to gain some serious tooth up the middle with this pick.

14. New Orleans – Everette Brown, DE, Florida St.

The Saints will take whatever they can get on defense. If NO can start avoiding the shootouts and get some QB pressure, watch out!

15. Houston – Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Houston takes a break from drafting D-Linemen and takes on an gritty OLB to supplement an up & coming Defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon, this mock isn't that good.

How bout some scorn or some mocks of yours?

...but your mock has to be pretty like mine.

There's no way the Bills pass on Orakpo and Everette Brown for Maybin.

I don't follow the draft very closely until April, but has Andre Smith really slipped that far?
Yeah, his Combine was a nightmare. Opted out of drills. Bad interviews, came away leaving am impression of being immature. Told teams he wasn't in shape yet. (though his weight wasn't too bad.) Then got on a plane and left early. It was bizarre. Also didn't help that the other OT's looked great.

It completely baffles me that people keep giving the Redskins Malauluga when he plays the same position as London Fletcher.

If the Skins draft a LB here, it's going to be a SAM, since they currently don't have a starting strongside LB on the roster. If they pass on LB, they will draft a lineman. They could very well trade down too.

It completely baffles me that people keep giving the Redskins Malauluga when he plays the same position as London Fletcher.

If the Skins draft a LB here, it's going to be a SAM, since they currently don't have a starting strongside LB on the roster. If they pass on LB, they will draft a lineman. They could very well trade down too.
There's no way the Bills pass on Orakpo and Everette Brown for Maybin.
And in my opinion, it's not a coin flip. Orakpo is going to be a complete stud and would love it if he fell to the Bills.
Good points. Noted for 2.0 :popcorn:
Orakpo is from Texas. I wish we had him at FSU!
fixed! :)
Come on. If you're going to do a mock, at least do a full round.
It's slow here at work, but not that slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

• One's 2009 NFL Draft 2.0 •

Top 10 only this time. No reasoning either cause I only have a few minutes. ;)

1. Detroit Lions : Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

2. St. Louis Rams : Eugene Monroe OT

3. Kansas City Chiefs : Aaron Curry LB, Wake Forest

4. Seattle Seahawks : BJ Raji DT, Boston College

5. Cleveland Browns : Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech

6. Cincinnati Bengals : Brian Orakpo DE, Texas

7. Oakland Raiders : Everette Brown, DE, Florida St.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars : Andre Smith OT, Alabama

9. Green Bay – Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss d.

10. San Francisco – Mathew Stafford, QB, Georgia

Non-Draft Gurus, feel free to post yours. :)

I'd be okay with SF taking Stafford if he somehow fell...but I'd be beyond pissed if we took Sanchez or any other qb in the first.

But with how much money they have in Alex Smith/Shaun Hill I'm not very confident the Yorks would be willing to dump even more money at the position when they have lots of holes on the roster. I also believe there is still hope for Alex Smith within the organization (whether there should be is another story) as he's been hurt the past two seasons with a shoulder injury and he looked solid in his second season (first full season).

Users who are viewing this thread