What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your opinion on the Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Coverage? (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion of the Travis Kelce - Taylor Swift dating coverage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as always, please comment on your vote.

I'm especially interested in who the fans are.

I know some KC fans and they love it. But not sure if that's how most feel.

I voted "Love It". I'll provide several reasons why I personally love it.

1. I've been a huge Swift fan for a number of years. Her music helped create a bond with my daughter who didn't want anything to do with me for the first 3-4 years of her life. Taylor's music and videos helped build a relationship between us that's special and now that she's 11, we're really close. She's my only daughter out of 5, so I am thankful for Taylor Swift.

2. The NFL is more than just a sport. It's entertainment. It's the biggest TV ratings draw on the planet, but it still wasn't pulling in people like my wife, MIL or daughter to watch it with me. You know who helped draw them in? Taylor's relationship with Travis. Now, my MIL is the biggest Kelce fan around, listens to the podcasts, watches them play, etc. My wife thought the Kelce Doc was fantastic and is watching more football with me than ever before. A lot of that has to do with the Lions' resurgence (she's a long suffering fan of Detroit sports, from Michigan) so this has been a nice development in our relationship. So when Taylor shows up on the TV, we all get a little excited and that's okay. It's not ruining the game. The cameras aren't missing any football action. It's just part of the entertainment. I love it.

3. My god, folks, this country has had 8 years of turmoil where politics and global pandemic destroyed marriages, ruined families, ended friendships, cost people jobs. In my lifetime, this country has never been more fractured, more divided or angrier than it has been since 2016. It's been a grind. Toss in some global wars that are further dividing folks and it's been a nasty, horrible slog. Well, along comes a feel good story of two 30 somethings at the pinnacles of their professions falling in love right in front of us. It's awesome. It's hopeful, it's touching, it's the very opposite of all the ugliness and bitterness we've endured. Why not embrace it? It doesn't make you any less of a man to be happy for two celebrities falling in love in front of us all.

4. The people that are voting differently, can you provide links to the outrage you have displayed over Tom Brady's public relationship and marriage to Gisele Caroline Bündchen or the times the TV cameras cut away to her in a box watching him play? Did we blow gaskets when Jessica Simpson was watching Tony Romo and the NFL cameras panned to her during games? How about when NFL cameras show Kelly Stafford or Brittney Mahomes? Can I get some links to the times you guys got upset about the LA Lakers showing Jack Nicholson at Laker games over the years? How about all the times you guys got mad at NY Knicks showing Spike Lee at games? Hey, more recently, what about the times you got mad at the TV cameras showing Travis Kelce's mom in attendance? No? Don't exist? Why is that? But Taylor Swift being on camera has you hot and bothered? Why? There's a word for this, but I just can't seem to conjure it up.

Good enough?
This is a great post. You actually have real, tangible, and in my opinion "important" reasons for liking her and the coverage. I have yet to see a post like this from "the other side" that I guess can't stand her.

I don't like it, but I probably wouldn't be as annoyed if it weren't for the overexposure of seeing Mahomes/Kelce in every ******* commercial. So sick of anything Chiefs-related as a result of that(and them always being in the Conf Champ/SB), so this Swift stuff gets added to that. If she was dating Jared Goff or someone like that, it would be significantly less annoying.

Although one thing to add, since everyone mentions what a great person she is...her private jet usage going to each and every Chiefs game this season probably produces more pollution than the rest of us in this thread will produce in our lifetime combined. She's a POS like most billionaires.

I wonder how much a company would pay to have Taylor wear their shirt to the Superbowl? Like, imagine her with a Chiefs jacket on but unzipped with a Pets.com shirt on full display. I bet a company would pay ~$5M for that exposure.

Awesome post, @General Malaise. :hifive:

Not quite the same thing as you and your daughter, but my discovery period with Swift was most of 2021, which was also the year my mom got really sick, and there were many times that year we'd be at my parent's house and my mom, my niece (who is a big TS fan) and I would watch some Taylor videos or interviews or something. My mom then passed in February 2022, so Taylor and her music will always be a little special to me since I got into it during the last year I had with my mom. I will leave it at that before I get myself too worked up here today.

I enjoy it mostly because my 2 best friends who can be grumpier beyond their age seem annoyed by it. I get great pleasure out of things annoy for them for some odd reason
Sone people enjoy others misery to take their mind off their own misery, or just that misery loves company.
Yep. Doing and saying things to make your friends miserable? Interesting way of displaying friendship.

Have a group of friends and one is a Raider fan (we’re 49er fans). He tries to troll us whenever they lose. All in good fun but to enjoy your friends misery is kind of pathetic
Yes, it is pathetic

No issue with the Kelce/Swift coverage, and dare I say I kinda like it. During the actual games if they cut to her during the broadcast, that's fine, they're not going to miss showing us a play. If they weren't showing her, they'd be panning the crowd to find some Netflix celebrity to show, or showing the owner stewing in his booth, or I'd get to see Jay-Z's shoulder in a crowded suite, or Fireman Ed or whatever other local Superfan dressed up in body paint, or more than likely I'd get to stare at the back of a playcalling sheet while the coach's forehead peeks out above it. Swift is much nicer to look at than the alternative IMO.

My 8 y.o. daughter is a Swift nut, we've rented the Eras Tour movie on Prime twice now, and she is rooting for the Chiefs throughout the year and the playoffs because of Taylor so it's got her interested in watching football with me which is awesome. Now when I'm dominating the living room TV watching football, she's sitting right there asking me "do any of these players have a girlfriend there to watch their games?". I'm all for getting the female demographic interested in the game, however that looks like.

All the outrage over "NFL is scripted bc they want Chiefs in the SB for maximum Taylor coverage" are hilarious to me.

I believe she was on screen for a total of 30 seconds during the game? How often did they show Purdy‘s parents or Jessica Simpson when Romo dated her?
I find the outrage amusing. Her and Kelce seem genuine people and her getting hate from fragile male egos is funny. She gets people to register to vote and he is pro vaccine. How horrible! :laugh:
A lot of projection here.
What exactly do you classify as projection there?
All the emotional baggage.

Most people are telling you that we're just mildly annoyed by the celebrity coverage and we'd rather see a bit less of that. That doesn't mean that we are mad, or outraged, or hateful, or threatened. It just means that we'd like to see a little less celebrity coverage during our football broadcasts. When you bring all the emotional hyperbole to the table, we figure it's a "you" thing.
Maybe you should watch this to understand what certain media outlets are saying about T-Swift and Kelce: https://youtu.be/EqOphzemOyY?si=g9qQ_4EJl0WOfiYx

In recent weeks:
  • Stephen Miller, "What's happening with Taylor Swift is not organic." 12/6/2023
  • NewsMax ran a piece on 12/19/2023 saying Swift attended a gala to benefit terrorist organizations, and single handedly resurrected the struggling NFL (lol on that one). Point blank said she's a political tool.
  • Jesse Waters on Fox News, "Is Swift a front for a covert political agenda?" while the bottom graphic says that Kelce is "cashing in" on vaccines. 1/9/2024
  • Vivek Ramaswampy, "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month. And I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall." 1/29/2024

It's not projection. He's correctly describing the situation. Maybe not the footballguy situation. But there is a political outrage machine poking at the Taylor/Travis thing. Like I said on page 1 of this thread, it's the new tinfoil hat IMO.

I believe she was on screen for a total of 30 seconds during the game? How often did they show Purdy‘s parents or Jessica Simpson when Romo dated her?
I find the outrage amusing. Her and Kelce seem genuine people and her getting hate from fragile male egos is funny. She gets people to register to vote and he is pro vaccine. How horrible! :laugh:

Most people are telling you that we're just mildly annoyed by the celebrity coverage and we'd rather see a bit less of that. That doesn't mean that we are mad, or outraged, or hateful, or threatened. It just means that we'd like to see a little less celebrity coverage during our football broadcasts. When you bring all the emotional hyperbole to the table, we figure it's a "you" thing.
Certainly hit all the points though. Fragile male ego, pro vaccine, taking a knee. Just not sure what any of that has to do with Taylor Swift. To the thread…….my kids are now interested in football so I think it’s kind of cool.

And as always, please comment on your vote.

I'm especially interested in who the fans are.

I know some KC fans and they love it. But not sure if that's how most feel.

I voted "Love It". I'll provide several reasons why I personally love it.

1. I've been a huge Swift fan for a number of years. Her music helped create a bond with my daughter who didn't want anything to do with me for the first 3-4 years of her life. Taylor's music and videos helped build a relationship between us that's special and now that she's 11, we're really close. She's my only daughter out of 5, so I am thankful for Taylor Swift.

2. The NFL is more than just a sport. It's entertainment. It's the biggest TV ratings draw on the planet, but it still wasn't pulling in people like my wife, MIL or daughter to watch it with me. You know who helped draw them in? Taylor's relationship with Travis. Now, my MIL is the biggest Kelce fan around, listens to the podcasts, watches them play, etc. My wife thought the Kelce Doc was fantastic and is watching more football with me than ever before. A lot of that has to do with the Lions' resurgence (she's a long suffering fan of Detroit sports, from Michigan) so this has been a nice development in our relationship. So when Taylor shows up on the TV, we all get a little excited and that's okay. It's not ruining the game. The cameras aren't missing any football action. It's just part of the entertainment. I love it.

3. My god, folks, this country has had 8 years of turmoil where politics and global pandemic destroyed marriages, ruined families, ended friendships, cost people jobs. In my lifetime, this country has never been more fractured, more divided or angrier than it has been since 2016. It's been a grind. Toss in some global wars that are further dividing folks and it's been a nasty, horrible slog. Well, along comes a feel good story of two 30 somethings at the pinnacles of their professions falling in love right in front of us. It's awesome. It's hopeful, it's touching, it's the very opposite of all the ugliness and bitterness we've endured. Why not embrace it? It doesn't make you any less of a man to be happy for two celebrities falling in love in front of us all.

4. The people that are voting differently, can you provide links to the outrage you have displayed over Tom Brady's public relationship and marriage to Gisele Caroline Bündchen or the times the TV cameras cut away to her in a box watching him play? Did we blow gaskets when Jessica Simpson was watching Tony Romo and the NFL cameras panned to her during games? How about when NFL cameras show Kelly Stafford or Brittney Mahomes? Can I get some links to the times you guys got upset about the LA Lakers showing Jack Nicholson at Laker games over the years? How about all the times you guys got mad at NY Knicks showing Spike Lee at games? Hey, more recently, what about the times you got mad at the TV cameras showing Travis Kelce's mom in attendance? No? Don't exist? Why is that? But Taylor Swift being on camera has you hot and bothered? Why? There's a word for this, but I just can't seem to conjure it up.

Good enough?
You’re taking this way too seriously 🤣

Shake it off, champ.
Don’t be upset because I was able to raise 3 children including 1 daughter and was able to instill a taste in music where she never had any interest in Taylor Swift 😏

But hey, I admire you suffering that drivel to create a bond with your daughter. Good dad. Something to be proud of 👍

don't get it. She's not overly political and has barely said squat about politics other than a single comment on 2 different races over the 15 or so years she's been famous. Other than urging people to vote, which should be apolitical.
I first noticed (online) anger at Travis Kelce after his Pfizer vaccination commercial hit the air. There is still some strong anti-vaccination feeling around and some of it was aimed his way (not on FBG that I know of). I think Swift being his steady GF spread some of that anger in her direction, which became anger at her "politics" whatever they are. The fact that she has a huge following made it a bigger issue to some people than if she was Betty Sue Nobody, retail clerk.

I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs. She seems like a decent person and so do the Kelce's. Showing her celebrating in the box several times a game is comparable to showing other well-known celebrities celebrating (or agonizing) several times a game. It's not a big deal. I'm much more annoyed by the State Farm commercials. And Flo.

What annoyed me far more was repetitive shots of Dan Snyder during Washington games. And now I don't ever have to see them again. :clap:
I'm with you on that. One of my fantasy team names this season was "Bye Felicia" with Danny's picture.

The :tinfoilhat: is now saying that the NFL is throwing games to the Chiefs to help Joe Biden in the election, which is just insane to me.

Maybe you should watch this to understand what certain media outlets are saying about T-Swift and Kelce: https://youtu.be/EqOphzemOyY?si=g9qQ_4EJl0WOfiYx

In recent weeks:
  • Stephen Miller, "What's happening with Taylor Swift is not organic." 12/6/2023
  • NewsMax ran a piece on 12/19/2023 saying Swift attended a gala to benefit terrorist organizations, and single handedly resurrected the struggling NFL (lol on that one). Point blank said she's a political tool.
  • Jesse Waters on Fox News, "Is Swift a front for a covert political agenda?" while the bottom graphic says that Kelce is "cashing in" on vaccines. 1/9/2024
  • Vivek Ramaswampy, "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month. And I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall." 1/29/2024

It's not projection. He's correctly describing the situation. Maybe not the footballguy situation. But there is a political outrage machine poking at the Taylor/Travis thing. Like I said on page 1 of this thread, it's the new tinfoil hat IMO.
It sounds like some of you are reacting to stuff that very few people in this thread care about. I don't know much, if anything, about Taylor Swift's politics, and I don't care to learn about them. For the millionth time, I would like to see marginally less coverage of Taylor Swift during football broadcasts. That's all. I'm not asking for her music to be taken off the air or anything. Sheesh.

Certainly hit all the points though. Fragile male ego, pro vaccine, taking a knee. Just not sure what any of that has to do with Taylor Swift. To the thread…….my kids are now interested in football so I think it’s kind of cool.
Are celebrities enough to maintain that interest, or will it require another Taylor Swift down the road? Im not sure fandom can be sustained by celebrities or watching SB commercials.

In recent weeks:

It sounds like some of you are reacting to stuff that very few people in this thread care about. I don't know much, if anything, about Taylor Swift's politics, and I don't care to learn about them. For the millionth time, I would like to see marginally less coverage of Taylor Swift during football broadcasts. That's all. I'm not asking for her music to be taken off the air or anything. Sheesh.
I thought “Swifties” were all younger women and girls? Didn’t realize she was viewed as someone to pay attention to politically.

In recent weeks:

I thought “Swifties” were all younger women and girls? Didn’t realize she was viewed as someone to pay attention to politically.
While they are they the target audience, you thought wrong.

As for your latter statement, there is no need to pay attention to her politically because she rarely says anything about any of that (despite what some morons in the media try to say).

I like it. She’s a huge celebrity but does seem like a genuinely good person. I think I read that for the game the other day she was on less than 1/2 of one percent of the telecast? If something so minor is bothering you so much I’d love to know why.

As famous as she is I’m actually shocked they don’t show her even more.

She was on screen for 44 seconds during the last KC game. For contest, 27 seconds were used showing people serving crab cakes and 24 seconds at the aquarium showing jelly fish, dolphins and sharks.

It's not really the length of time for me, but rather the repetitiveness. I'd much prefer near the game end, they present a 44 second montage of split screen, with Kelce plays on one side, and her reaction to those on the other side.

Instead it seems like during every Chiefs drive, "Kelce just caught a 2 yard pass from Mahomes and got tackled immediately, QUICK WE MUST INSTANTLY CUT TO TAYLOR SWIFT TO SEE HER REACTION IN REAL TIME" and have that happen every 2nd or 3rd play. Yeah, it might add up to the same 44 seconds, but the constant cutaways to Swift are mildly annoying.

Are celebrities enough to maintain that interest, or will it require another Taylor Swift down the road? Im not sure fandom can be sustained by celebrities or watching SB commercials.
I have no doubt it’s fleeting interest. Still fun for the time being.

In recent weeks:

While they are they the target audience, you thought wrong.
Honestly surprised adults listen to that music. But hey, to each their own.
As for your latter statement, there is no need to pay attention to her politically because she rarely says anything about any of that (despite what some morons in the media try to say).

I don’t pay attention to her politically but have noticed both left and right media outlets either trashing or embracing her, which I thought odd.

Don't care about their relationship. They're together though. He's a prominent player and she's a celebrity. It makes sense that she'd get screen time.
Do I need to see her. No, but it's better than watching overweight drunk guys w/o shirts.

I absolutely love it.

Mainly because it’s bringing millions of young fans to the sport, and generating more global interest than ever before.

Looking at sports like Baseball that are dying a slow death for their inability to draw new/young fans, I can only see that as a positive.

And partly I love it because it drives a certain unhinged segment of the population insane. Fox News called her a Psy Op. MAGAs hate Kelce because he did a commercial for Pfizer, and Swift encourages her young fans to vote. It’s making their heads explode and the conspiracy theorists are out of the woodworks en masse saying the dumbest stuff imaginable and that’s all incredibly entertaining and revealing.

Niners fan, so obviously not rooting for the Chiefs, but Swift is a self-made midwestern billionaire dating a self-made all-pro NFL TE, who is making a case for GOAT. It’s a fantastic story and I’m rooting for those crazy kids to make it. I don’t know how anyone can root against them, but overall I see nothing negative.

And not for nuthin, she’s far more attractive than the team owners who would otherwise get that screen time.

#TeamSwiftKelce

Screaming bear Jason Kelce shirtless with beer is definitely more entertaining.
I think it's fine. The coverage isn't overblown, what's overblown are the reaction to the 20 seconds of screen time she gets.
That was a glorious moment and I love Jason Kelce like the son I never had for it.

I think it's fine. The coverage isn't overblown, what's overblown are the reaction to the 20 seconds of screen time she gets.
That was a glorious moment and I love Jason Kelce like the son I never had for it.
I figured it would have been too much masculinity for some. You know, Oscars and all.

Also hate it bc I feel like the SB is now rigged. Nothing to do with politics, strictly from a financial standpoint. The shield def wants Swift up there with Kelce on the podium after the game, it’s of a financial benefit to them.

To me the funniest part of this whole story was the AFC Championship. We barely saw him at all until the on-the-field stuff.

You know his wife was just up his butt all week last week:

Jason's wife: "Jeez man you are such an idiot. You looked like a drunken fool and now all those people out there are gonna expect that this week too. Don't you go out there this week and embarrass yourself and Trav. That's HIS moment not yours!!!!!!"

Jason: :sadbanana:

I hope they get married in the offseason so we can see it forever.
She will tire of him by then. It’s what most celebrities do.
Next year it will be an intellectual instead of a jock. Or maybe an intellectual jock like Ryan Fitzpatrick. He did graduate from Harvard after all. Ok, it would need to be an active intellectual jock. Help me, who would that be?

Also hate it bc I feel like the SB is now rigged. Nothing to do with politics, strictly from a financial standpoint. The shield def wants Swift up there with Kelce on the podium after the game, it’s of a financial benefit to them.
So from time to time Lorenzo Neal is on 95.7, and he was guest hosting yesterday while Matt Steinmetz is out for a hip replacement.

Lo went on a 10 mins rant about the stupid conspiracy theory that the NFL is rigged/scripted, and he gave several great examples of why that’s preposterous.

One glaring one was the Flowers fumble right before breaking the plane, which was a phenomenal defensive play, or the notion that a QB would deliberately throw an interception 1 game before the Super Bowl.

Cmon.

Jason's wife: "Jeez man you are such an idiot. You looked like a drunken fool and now all those people out there are gonna expect that this week too. Don't you go out there this week and embarrass yourself and Trav. That's HIS moment not yours!!!!!!"

Jason: :sadbanana:
Yeah, jason & Travis talked about that other podcast. If you get a chance, check it out - it’s a hilarious exchange.

Before that I was rolling when they cut to the booth and Jason was in the back chugging a beer. Man is a legend and I want to go bowling with him.

So from time to time Lorenzo Neal is on 95.7, and he was guest hosting yesterday while Matt Steinmetz is out for a hip replacement.

Lo went on a 10 mins rant about the stupid conspiracy theory that the NFL is rigged/scripted, and he gave several great examples of why that’s preposterous.

One glaring one was the Flowers fumble right before breaking the plane, which was a phenomenal defensive play, or the notion that a QB would deliberately throw an interception 1 game before the Super Bowl.

Cmon.
I’m not saying it’s WWE scripted, but a Ref might be inclined to call a game a little lopsided. There are ways things can be influenced, and it is in the NFL’s best interest from a monetary standpoint to see her on the podium after the game.

Last edited:
I am sick of everything related to the Chiefs, so this is just one more thing to add to the pile. It is bad enough that Mahomes and Kelsey are in every commercial, for every brand sold during a football game. Now every article on the Internet is about Taylor Swift and that hag wife of Mahomes. What is going to happen when this relationship ends poorly? I just hope that Kelsey is retired when that happens.

As someone else mentioned, the Taylor storyline or in-game mentions / closeups don't bother me as much as the heavy rotation of commercials with Chiefs personnel. Not even sure why that rubs me the wrong way . . . must of the time I ignore the commercials, but they are so frequent, they are hard to miss.
The first time I heard Andy Reid say "chicken nuggies" I laughed. But at this point he might as well scape his hands across a chalkboard.

We’re not quite to Peyton Manning “never said no to a single freaking commercial endorsement fee ever” stage but its getting close with Mahomes and the Chiefs. Really wish we’d get more variety in players doing ads as they’d get more exposure for different fanbases IMO.

And I think multiple people mentioned it in both game threads this past weekend, really wish these insurance companies would stop paying millions and millions to constantly advertise and just lower my damn premiums!

I am sick of everything related to the Chiefs, so this is just one more thing to add to the pile. It is bad enough that Mahomes and Kelsey are in every commercial, for every brand sold during a football game. Now every article on the Internet is about Taylor Swift and that hag wife of Mahomes. What is going to happen when this relationship ends poorly? I just hope that Kelsey is retired when that happens.
You are firing me up like Bluto did in Animal House. Imagine me running out of the room yelling right now.

Not a Chiefs fan so I don't particularly care.

Did I think it was cool when Simone Biles was dating a Texan and they'd show her on broadcasts, on the jumbotron, and invite her to take part in the various pregame hoopla? Sure.

Do I think it is cool seeing Kate Upton attending Astros games when Verlander was pitching? Sure.

Those are teams of mine. Isn't any different than what they are doing with Swift, just she's a bigger name.

Big agreement about Andy Reid saying 'nuggies' having become like fingernails on a chalkboard after the first viewing. Please kill that commercial.

As someone else mentioned, the Taylor storyline or in-game mentions / closeups don't bother me as much as the heavy rotation of commercials with Chiefs personnel. Not even sure why that rubs me the wrong way . . . must of the time I ignore the commercials, but they are so frequent, they are hard to miss.
The first time I heard Andy Reid say "chicken nuggies" I laughed. But at this point he might as well scape his hands across a chalkboard.

We’re not quite to Peyton Manning “never said no to a single freaking commercial endorsement fee ever” stage but its getting close with Mahomes and the Chiefs. Really wish we’d get more variety in players doing ads as they’d get more exposure for different fanbases IMO.

And I think multiple people mentioned it in both game threads this past weekend, really wish these insurance companies would stop paying millions and millions to constantly advertise and just lower my damn premiums!
Popular athletes on winning teams getting the most endorsements?

Shut the front door!

I like it. She’s a huge celebrity but does seem like a genuinely good person. I think I read that for the game the other day she was on less than 1/2 of one percent of the telecast? If something so minor is bothering you so much I’d love to know why.

Exactly how I feel. I'm in the "sorta like it" camp. She has brought attention of the NFL to a new demographic, and is one of the most humble/generous/gracious celebrities in the world. I don't listen to her music either, but I don't understand why anyone would dislike her, or why the 60 seconds max that they show her during a game would actually bother people.

Also she's a big Eagles fan, so I'm here for it.

Cmon.
I’m not saying it’s WWE scripted, but a Ref might be inclined to call a game a little lopsided. There are ways things can be influenced, and it is in the NFL’s best interest from a monetary standpoint to see her on the podium after the game.
That’s all a bit tin-foil hatty to me.

Good refs make good calls, bad refs make bad calls. Seems like in the moment it can favor one team or another, but overall it probably effects all teams about the same.

Every now and then a bad call will decide a game. It sucks, but it’s not new, and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s rigged or scripted.

All due respect to Sigmund Freud (because there’s no evidence he actually said it), but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

My soon-to-be 16 yr old son, on the other hand, says he hates her, and pretends to like Kanye just to piss his sisters off.

:lmao:

This rules. No garbage-y conspiracy or political crap. Just boys and girls of a certain age, doing what they do best.

Does he intrude upon what they're doing, grab the mic, and go "I'mma let you finish, but . . ."

I remember being much younger and seeing Kurt Warner's wife constantly shown during that 1999 Rams run and being annoyed by it. Then I grew up and realized how silly that was. I respect the Chiefs for becoming the new gold standard in the NFL. Although I'm protective of my Patriots' legacy and rather not see the Chiefs overtake them, Taylor Swift is absolutely not a reason for me to root against them. She's not obnoxious like Patrick Mahomes' woman is, and even still, that just feels like such a minor thing to be bothered over. Swift is just there to support her boyfriend, no different than any other girlfriend or wife in attendance, she just gets the most attention even though she's not actively trying to get that attention. The ones most to blame are the productions teams that overexpose these people, as none of us would be aware of their presence if not for them. Swift has every right to be at the games and I don't blame her one bit, and I'm not even a fan of hers.

And partly I love it because it drives a certain unhinged segment of the population insane. Fox News called her a Psy Op. MAGAs hate Kelce because he did a commercial for Pfizer, and Swift encourages her young fans to vote. It’s making their heads explode and the conspiracy theorists are out of the woodworks en masse saying the dumbest stuff imaginable and that’s all incredibly entertaining and revealing.
I just stare in awe at the mental gymnastics. Kelce gets paid for a Pfizer shot commercial, so damn him to hell with his wokeness (bc he got the shot, so he's vaxxed, so he's not anti-vax like me, so he's not MAGA like me, so he must hate Trump so I hate him now" or whatever the heck leaps it takes to get from A to B :ROFLMAO:

Taylor urges her fans to vote, not who to vote for, just to go do it, which is their right. "OMG I hate her and her wokeness trying to drum up a resistance movement for the Dems, she's not trying to own the libs like I do so I hate her now" :ROFLMAO:

I can't imagine how horrible it must be to live the kind of life where you're just constantly searching for the next thing to be offended or outraged by. Life is way too short for that kind of BS.

In recent weeks:

This is it. Maybe not the average Joe cares about this stuff, but IMO, there is this fear from one wing of the Media This-Is-What-You-Should-Think spectrum that is creating this fear/hatred of Taylor Swift b/c she has a cult that is kind of very loyal and another cult fears the Swifties will have the numbers to "vote them out"

Its really nothing more than this. IMO of course.

I just stare in awe at the mental gymnastics. Kelce gets paid for a Pfizer shot commercial, so damn him to hell with his wokeness (bc he got the shot, so he's vaxxed, so he's not anti-vax like me, so he's not MAGA like me, so he must hate Trump so I hate him now" or whatever the heck leaps it takes to get from A to B :ROFLMAO:

Taylor urges her fans to vote, not who to vote for, just to go do it, which is their right. "OMG I hate her and her wokeness trying to drum up a resistance movement for the Dems, she's not trying to own the libs like I do so I hate her now" :ROFLMAO:

I can't imagine how horrible it must be to live the kind of life where you're just constantly searching for the next thing to be offended or outraged by. Life is way too short for that kind of BS.
This

My soon-to-be 16 yr old son, on the other hand, says he hates her, and pretends to like Kanye just to piss his sisters off.

:lmao:

This rules. No garbage-y conspiracy or political crap. Just boys and girls of a certain age, doing what they do best.

Does he intrude upon what they're doing, grab the mic, and go "I'mma let you finish, but . . ."
The part I liked most about this post was "pretends to like Kanye," because Bob trusts the reader to understand that nobody actually likes Kanye.

I don't like Taylor Swift at all. Don't like her music, don't think she that hot, she's super annoying,
What about her do you find annoying? I don't like her music or think she's that attractive either, but she seems as down to earth as celebrities get. Extremely humble and generous.

Exactly how I feel. I'm in the "sorta like it" camp. She has brought attention of the NFL to a new demographic, and is one of the most humble/generous/gracious celebrities in the world. I don't listen to her music either, but I don't understand why anyone would dislike her, or why the 60 seconds max that they show her during a game would actually bother people.

Also she's a big Eagles fan, so I'm here for it.
The bold irks me. Why is this? Bc she hands people $100 bills? Can we make this proportionate?

I’m worth maybe 0.5% of Taylor Swift. I tip basically everywhere and have endless tip fatigue from tipping at Starbucks, pizza counters, picking up a meal anywhere, an extra $50-$100 for a laborer doing a good job, etc.

So is the final piece of me being one of the most generous people out there handing 50 cent tips to other random people, bc proportionately, that’s like her handing out $100 bills. Only exception is that 50 cents is actually more impactful on me than $100 is on her. But I’ll go ahead and start tossing that extra 50 cents out there if the world starts labeling me the most generous person around.

You’re talking about a billionaire whose philanthropic efforts don’t even cross the low 7 digits. Let’s tone this generosity nonsense down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread