What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite stand up comics... (1 Viewer)

Felt like he was trying to hard to address his haters instead of just being funny.

I've felt like he has been trying hard to address something this whole time since he left his show and it has ruined his comedy. But that's subjective, and I understand that. It felt like he got serious about everything really quickly and the humor dried up.

Dusty Slay's latest special is on Netflix I believe
My wife could not stop laughing almost the entire time
I do enjoy him as well but I like to hear my wife laugh uncontrollable, usually I'm the only one that does that to her.

The latest Chapelle special was not good.

I don't think that Dave Chappelle has been funny in a long, long time. That's my personal opinion.
Huge fan but yeah I didn't really like his latest special, was the only reason we turned Netflix back on around NYE/NYD so we could catch it
I understand comedians and their egos but it just didn't feel like anything new.
I might give it a second listen, my son tells me I didn't understand what Dave was doing early in the show but it just felt like ego stroking to me.

I think this Dana Carvey special from around 2016 is pretty damn funny

Another clip from the same set

My top four:

1. Pryor
2. Demetri Martin (just a personal favorite as his sort of comedy is spot on re: what I find most funny - I wouldn't objectively claim he's a top 4 ever)
3. Mitch Hedberg
4. Chapelle

Honorable mentions: Cosby, Gulman, and Steven Wright

Jeselnik at the Beacon tonight. Raining like hell, but should be good.
Good show. I feel bad about laughing at roughly 60% of it. But not too bad.
Nice, I am seeing him in Philly in April.

I am not especially concerned about a Philly crowd getting offended. :lol:
Dude is hilarious. People know what they are getting into with him.

Had to search for it:

""When I was a kid, my parents had a gun. My parents said we had to have a gun. Gotta have a gun to protect their five children. Of course, they eventually got rid of it… to protect their four children. I'm not gonna lie, it was fun while it lasted. I was getting pretty good towards the end.”"

Specials I saw over the last couple years I enjoyed:

Ari Shaffir - Jew
Ali Saddiq - Domino Effect (2 parts)

Also Gary Gulman, a real craftsman.

Users who are viewing this thread