What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yankees sign Sexson (1 Viewer)

Sexson looks like Varitek at the plate. He instantly becomes their worst hitter. Nice 1990 signing.

Why don't they just go ahead and sign Barry Lamar and get it over with. Sexson is a joke and doesn't belong in baseball at this point.

Sexson looks like Varitek at the plate. He instantly becomes their worst hitter. Nice 1990 signing.
1.045 OPS vs lefties. Hes definitely their best bench player right now. This is a move that needed to be done. That being said its not like itll help them make the playoffs or anything.

tamales said:
Knightro said:
1.045 OPS vs lefties. Hes definitely their best bench player right now. This is a move that needed to be done. That being said its not like itll help them make the playoffs or anything.
A small sample of 61 AB's can greatly skew reality, I believe in his 758 OPS against lefties in his 242 AB's over the prior two years (one of which was not considered an awful year) than what he's done in limited opportunities against lefties this year. I liken Sexson to Shelly Duncan, not a dumb signing by the Yanks but definitely an irrelevant one.

tamales said:
Knightro said:
A small sample of 61 AB's can greatly skew reality, I believe in his 758 OPS against lefties in his 242 AB's over the prior two years (one of which was not considered an awful year) than what he's done in limited opportunities against lefties this year. I liken Sexson to Shelly Duncan, not a dumb signing by the Yanks but definitely an irrelevant one.
Cant really disagree with you. Bottom line is who would I rather hit in the late innings vs a tough lefty? Cabrera, Gardner, Christian, Molina, Moeller, or Sexson? I think the answer there is clearly Sexson.

tamales said:
Knightro said:
Cant really disagree with you. Bottom line is who would I rather hit in the late innings vs a tough lefty? Cabrera, Gardner, Christian, Molina, Moeller, or Sexson? I think the answer there is clearly Sexson.
I'd rather have Bonds against a tough lefty or righty or anyone.

Knightro said:
Does anyone realize that the Yankees had been resorting to letting Molina PINCH HIT for crying out loud because they have nobody to bat against lefties? You might not know this, but as bad as Sexon has been this year, he has an OPS of over 1.000 against lefties. This was a very solid move by the Yanks

Somewhat of Fair point, but you can't dismiss the most recent data; if you include this year and the previous 3 years (ESPN gives the last 3) he has an OPS of .904 against lefties on 426 AB's. That is a huge upgrade for the Yanks. If he can give them .850 that will be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread