What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo league waiver question - any experts? (1 Viewer)

Dragon1952

Footballguy
OK....first off I know Yahoo is sneered upon so we already know it sucks and we don't have to go there. Out of 29 leagues I've got one Yahoo 'friend' league that I got talked into commissioning a few years ago. Although it's a friend league the fee has steadily risen over the years and it is $100 a pop, so issues can be important.

So we had our draft Wed Sep 5 with waiver settings of '1st game of week-Sunday', continuous rolling waiver order, and post-draft waivers=follows waiver rules. Two people tried to pick up a FA prior to the Thursday night game the day after the draft and Yahoo treated the acquisitions as waiver claims saying 'if successful this transaction will be reflected on your Week 1 roster'. The two owners are saying there should have been FCFS until game time, which I agree with considering two other owners were able to pick up Sunday players FCFS the next day on Friday.

As far as I know you cannot contact a real person on the Yahoo staff for support (one of the reasons it sucks). Does anyone know why FCFS would not have been allowed on Thursday, the day after the draft, until game time?

Under "Edit League Settings" there is a setting that reads:

After draft, make all unowned players:

I think it defaults to FA but if this was somehow set to "waivers", it might have resulted in the behaviour you saw. Given the date of your draft versus the date of the first game, it would explain why they would stay on waivers through Week 1.

I think it defaults to FA but if this was somehow set to "waivers", it might have resulted in the behaviour you saw. Given the date of your draft versus the date of the first game, it would explain why they would stay on waivers through Week 1.
This is exactly what it was. I mistakenly left this on waivers for one league. You cannot change this after you submit the draft. Luckily we drafted 1 week prior, so it wasn't an issue.

Nice casual drop in of the insane # of leagues you are in.
Good observation....it was casual believe it or not. On second thought totally irrelevant, but casual. Guess I could have said 'a lot' instead but didn't think it was really that important to think about what I was saying. I'm sure there are plenty in this forum with as many or more though who can maybe relate better. The point I was conveying was that I'm not a "Yahoo" guy. Sorry you took it differently.

This is exactly what it was. I mistakenly left this on waivers for one league. You cannot change this after you submit the draft. Luckily we drafted 1 week prior, so it wasn't an issue.
Well that's what I originally thought but why did it then allow Sunday players to be picked up FCFS?

Well that's what I originally thought but why did it then allow Sunday players to be picked up FCFS?
Because you drafted Wednesday, so they cleared by Friday/Saturday (however it's set up) and since you have waivers set to "1st game of week" all those guys were still available to be picked.

It sounds like you have conflicting settings in there somewhere. Check your "time on waivers" setting. If it's a few days (less than from Wed to Sunday), the players that went on waivers after the draft may have gone back into FA status on or before Sunday. That would allow people to make waiver claims prior to the weekend but also FA moves prior to game time.

Users who are viewing this thread