What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo game on TV? (1 Viewer)

I know this is the first game streaming, but I EXPECT absolutely flawless streaming. If they are going to take games off the TV, they better make sure that this goes perfectly without any hiccups.

Oh. The game is still on NFL Mobile. They're interface is way better than yahoo so far. I'm watching it there.

My stream looks great, but I haven't had any sound for 10 minutes. :shrug:

Streaming from my xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is the first game streaming, but I EXPECT absolutely flawless streaming. If they are going to take games off the TV, they better make sure that this goes perfectly without any hiccups.
im hoping its a flop
They're still playing London despite much angst. I predict at least one game a year will be streamed from now on.
isnt directv and the nfl making some deal where the games will all be streamed?

Glad we made this big move to high definition TV the past 10 years so that I can watch a pixelated webcam quality football game on my computer.

Horrible. I watch routinely watch live soccer on this computer with no trouble, but this game unwatchable. Not sure if this is on the NFL or Yahoo, but either way it's a pretty big screwup in 2015.

So wait. After all those times I got stuck watching the ####box Jags because I was part of the "Jacksonville market," the one time I actually want to watch their game, suddenly I'm not considered local and don't get the game on CBS?

You need to lessen the quality of the stream. Go to the little cog thing in the lower right and change it to a lesser quality. Your computers can't handle the HD stream.

You need to lessen the quality of the stream. Go to the little cog thing in the lower right and change it to a lesser quality. Your computers can't handle the HD stream.
Mine is awesome...except it's on a 25" monitor. You all need some Verizon FIOS.

So that's why I have a beautiful picture and quality stream. I am watching on a 6 or 7 year old desktop with moderate speed.

Watching on Xbox NFL App and its working great not an issue, 1000x better than NFL Sunday Ticket at this point but likely less people watching.

Wow do people love to complain.

Only ones with any semblance of a legit beef are Sunday Ticket holders. Otherwise you are whining about free content of a game that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to see because you don't like the mode in which it is being given to you.

It took all of 30 seconds to download the yahoo app on my smart TV to watch the game. Quality is less than that of a regular HD broadcast but really not that much.

I don't understand the big gripe.

Only ones with any semblance of a legit beef are Sunday Ticket holders. Otherwise you are whining about free content of a game that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to see because you don't like the mode in which it is being given to you.

It took all of 30 seconds to download the yahoo app on my smart TV to watch the game. Quality is less than that of a regular HD broadcast but really not that much.

What about people who not only pay for Sunday Ticket but also have been subjected to the Jags on local TV (as well as blackouts) for a decade due to being considered part of the Jacksonville market despite being 3+ hours away?

well La Dee Da

Normally the London game is on CBS, so yes, I and many who are complainng would normally be able to watch.

What about people who not only pay for Sunday Ticket but also have been subjected to the Jags on local TV (as well as blackouts) for a decade due to being considered part of the Jacksonville market despite being 3+ hours away?
I hereby deem your beef legit.

Normally the London game is on CBS, so yes, I and many who are complainng would normally be able to watch.
Not really. They only started doing 9:30 games last year I believe. Otherwise the 1pm games were only available to the local markets or ST viewers.

And you can still watch it.

lol @ ej manuel. takes a dumb sack on 2nd and 5, hurries a throw on 3rd and 15. you can't fix stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality and functionality is like watching games back in the 80's. Well, it is Back to the Future week.

So I'm watching this on my 25" monitor instead of my 60" TV. How awesome.
But but its the future. What about all the tools too cheap to pay for cable or dish??
Have fun paying for your over priced QVC channel. Glad you feel your money is well spent I will stick with easy to use streaming services and yes even pay for the right to do so. Its all about access anywhere and has less to do about price for a lot of the new "cable cutters". Ah remember the days without DVR....

Looks good during the few minutes I've been watching. Using Roku 3 with wireless connection. Picture quality is good and I'm watching on a 10 foot projection screen which is very unforgiving with low quality video.

I'm a "cord-cutter" so I'm glad to see Yahoo offer a free streaming option. I don't know if this is the future but I do think there's a market for it. I think South Park did an episode about the living room television becoming extinct due to mobile device use.

I hereby deem your beef legit.

Not really. They only started doing 9:30 games last year I believe. Otherwise the 1pm games were only available to the local markets or ST viewers.

And you can still watch it.
Missed something why do Sunday Ticket people have a beef? This is a nationally televised game. I know people who can't pull in CBS with an ariel and this is really no different... You didn't pay for either the upgraded internet or smart device to stream the game.

Looks good during the few minutes I've been watching. Using Roku 3 with wireless connection. Picture quality is good and I'm watching on a 10 foot projection screen which is very unforgiving with low quality video.

I'm a "cord-cutter" so I'm glad to see Yahoo offer a free streaming option. I don't know if this is the future but I do think there's a market for it. I think South Park did an episode about the living room television becoming extinct due to mobile device use.
Exactly I think there is two types of cord cutters as well; 1a) original - I want to cut costs 1b) 20-30 year old wanting media on demand no matter where they are at and willing to pay for it either as a stand alone subscription or on demand cost

I dont think people will dispute that it works perfect at moments. The problem is, the moments it does not work perfect and it should always work perfect.

Where was that last week, EJ Stupid???? Cincy D should have raked in the points like Jax is.

Users who are viewing this thread