What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (2 Viewers)

Halo Master Chief Edition

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Every map from all games

- Single interface

- Running on thier original engines

- Ability to run in remastered or original look with the click of a button

- Preorder includes Halo 5 beta

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
:pickle:

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- Dedicated servers (no P2P Bullchit)

- 4000 gamerscore for purchasing

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
Not that it matters, but you don't get the 4000 gamerscore just for purchasing. It's 4000 gamerscore that can be unlocked via achievements (1000 for each of the 4 games).

For those making the decision based on Titanfall, EA announced Titanfall 2 will be released on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC. No release window yet. Maybe that will be mentioned during EA's presser.
I'm really glad to hear this. Now that everyone can play it maybe the franchise will eclipse Call of Duty as the go-to FPS since half the gaming population will no longer be bad-mouthing it just because they can't play it.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
Not that it matters, but you don't get the 4000 gamerscore just for purchasing. It's 4000 gamerscore that can be unlocked via achievements (1000 for each of the 4 games).
I don't know why but I :lmao: that he added that part. Maybe they should give achievement points automatically for buying Kinect required games. That would probably double the number of those games games that get sold.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
I don't know why but I :lmao: that he added that part. Maybe they should give achievement points automatically for buying Kinect required games. That would probably double the number of those games games that get sold.
:bag:

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
:bag:
It's cool. :lol:

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
Sounds awesome. Very glad they've stopped pushing this Kinect bull####.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
The only question that matters is if you get the original multiplayer from Halo 1 & 2. If yes then it will be a hit, if not they are really really dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
I wasn't able to watch their press conference, but apparently Microsoft didn't even mention Kinect once during the entire thing. Best decision they've made in five years.

I'm pretty much locked in to my PS4, but it's in all of our interests to have strong competition. Glad to see Microsoft righting the ship.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
The only question that matters is if you get the original multiplayer from Halo 1 & 2. If yes then it will be a hit, if not they are really really dumb.
They specifically said that Halo 2 will have its original multiplayer without any changes at all other than the addition of dedicated servers, 1080p/60fps, and a few new maps.

They also strongly insinuated that all four games would have their multiplayer run on their original engines. So if you play a Halo 1 map then you play the Halo 1 multiplayer on the Halo 1 engine. If you play Halo 2 map then you play the Halo 2 multiplayer on the Halo 2 engine, etc.

Additionally it looks like this will all be accessed from one matchmaking menu. That means if you want to play Halo 2 you just change an option in the matchmaking menu, you don't have to "boot into" Halo 2 or anything like that. You can even mix and match games on your playlists so you can set it up so you play a Halo 2 map on the Halo 2 game engine, and the next map that loads will be a Halo 3 map on the Halo 3 engine. Lastly, this functionality works with campaign levels as well (not just multiplayer).

It seems like they're doing it right this time, not just sticking one game's multiplayer on the other game's campaigns like they did with Halo Anniversary.

I wasn't able to watch their press conference, but apparently Microsoft didn't even mention Kinect once during the entire thing. Best decision they've made in five years.
I'm pretty much locked in to my PS4, but it's in all of our interests to have strong competition. Glad to see Microsoft righting the ship.
They literally mentioned nothing other than non-Kinect games throughout the entire thing.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum

I watched it and my impressions were that MS was trying VERY hard not to do ANYTHING that people might get upset with.

They intentionally didn't talk much about anything but games games games. Games are safe everyone loves games.

The positives they announced a lot of cool games, the negatives the vast majority of trailers were CG and not gameplay with little info on dates for most stuff.

Sony has a habit of announcing stuff they are working on that is a loooong ways off to show that they have a lot of stuff(see the last guardian) when they don't have much ready to roll. Looks like MS pull a page out of Sonys playbook and announced everything they have concept art on.

I watched it and my impressions were that MS was trying VERY hard not to do ANYTHING that people might get upset with.

They intentionally didn't talk much about anything but games games games. Games are safe everyone loves games.

The positives they announced a lot of cool games, the negatives the vast majority of trailers were CG and not gameplay with little info on dates for most stuff.

Sony has a habit of announcing stuff they are working on that is a loooong ways off to show that they have a lot of stuff(see the last guardian) when they don't have much ready to roll. Looks like MS pull a page out of Sonys playbook and announced everything they have concept art on.
The first hour or so was all stuff for 2014, while the last 30 minutes was just "in the future". However a lot of the stuff in that first hour was either multi-plat or DLC.

Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection, and Forza Horizon 2 were all for this year.

Crackdown, Ori, Phantom Dust, and Scalebound all had no mention of dates and Crackdown/Scalebound were CGI only. I'd imagine we won't see much of them until next E3 at which point they'll be either holiday 2015 or back into 2016.

No mention of Quantum Break or the new Gears game at all. I'd imagine Gears won't be until holiday 2016 with Halo 5 occupying holiday 2015.

I watched EA's and is seemed like they were bummed all the Battlefield hardline got leaked. The guy came out and made a joke about how the were going to give a 60 minute presentation on all the stuff you have been watching on the internet the last two weeks.

People were pretty surprised though the Hardline beta was ready to go.

I missed most of the Ubisoft but the Assasins Creed looks noticeably graphically improved.

What was funny to me was when MS was going over Spark and the video host was Conker the squirrel and people started going wild. I never played those games and didn't even know the squirrels name, I was like "Why the hell are people cheering for that stupid squirrel?"

The first hour or so was all stuff for 2014, while the last 30 minutes was just "in the future". However a lot of the stuff in that first hour was either multi-plat or DLC.

Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection, and Forza Horizon 2 were all for this year.

Crackdown, Ori, and Scalebound all had no mention of dates and Crackdown/Scalebound were CGI only. I'd imagine we won't see much of them until next E3 at which point they'll be either holiday 2015 or back into 2016.

No mention of the new Gears game at all. I'd imagine that won't be until holiday 2016 with Halo 5 occupying holiday 2015.
They had no misssteps but also no great stuff, I give it a solid good presser. I liked the Crackdown and Phantom dust as nice little surprises. The things that stuck me a negatives were the showing off of Indie developers , it just seemed like Sony had dictated a part of their show they had to respond to and the Sunset Overdrive, the CG trailers were amazing then you saw the game play and uh uh is this watch dogs again? Looks great then when you get it, it doesnt look great anymore.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum

Seems like they get it now with that Mattrick clown out of the way. People buy gaming systems to play games.

I watched EA's and is seemed like they were bummed all the Battlefield hardline got leaked. The guy came out and made a joke about how the were going to give a 60 minute presentation on all the stuff you have been watching on the internet the last two weeks.

I missed most of the Ubisoft but the Assasins Creed looks noticeably graphically improved.

What was funny to me was when MS was going over Spark and the video host was Conker the squirrel and people started going wild. I never played those games and didn't even know the squirrels name, I was like "Why the hell are people cheering for that stupid squirrel?"
Homework for you: Play either Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 or Conker Live and Reloaded (the re-release) on original Xbox. It's worth it. And then you'll wonder how the hell that game was ever a N64 game.

Homework for you: Play either Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 or Conker Live and Reloaded (the re-release) on original Xbox. It's worth it. And then you'll wonder how the hell that game was ever a N64 game.
If I see those I will definitely try them. I had a Sega back in the day.

Sony presser getting ready to roll 5:45 PST, bout 15 minutes.
Will watch. I am hoping for negligible PS3 coverage (let's not dwell on the previous gen, please), vastly reduced Vita coverage (it bombed -- deal with it), and PS4 exclusives (that's mainly why I bought your console). Uncharted 4 and "Project Beast" are the knowns that I'm tuning in for, but I also want to see some unknowns too.

Playstation TV for $99. I am in.

Pretty lousy E3 show overall, but this one is a big deal for me.
Valve announced something identical the other day for Steam. Pretty nice, especially if you want to game on an older machine or TV. Still like the idea.

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
No Halo Reach???

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 4.

- 1080p 60fps

- Single interface

- November Release

- $59.99

Dayum
No Halo Reach???
It's called the Master Chief Collection...not the Halo Collection. (No ODST either)

Trying to download UFC on Xbox demo but it's taking forever, really want to check this out
It took forever on PS4 as well. I was disappointed to be honest. Graphics look great but the previous ufc games had a more natural feel in gameplay.
I got knocked out in 6 seconds.
:lol:
I won every time but when he took me down and was in full mount, I reversed it (on accident) with no effort at all. The number of punches and kicks you throw in games like this is always unrealistic, but to go from a dominant position to the bottom with the greatest of ease was disappointing. On the old series, if someone had you on the ground you had to work to get out of it (which may not be fun but was definitely more authentic).

Absolutely, but I commented primarily on the comment from Bagel that "most agree that XB1 currently has better games." That is a load of hogwash, as Xb1 has only had Titanfall which most have said is cool for a few hours but then super repetitive while PS4 already has Infamous and the SHow out now.
Well, part of that is that I find Titanfall to be the best and most unique multiplayer shooter that has come out in at least 5 years, if not longer. I'll probably put 1000+ hours into the game by the time that all is said and done.

Your definition of "most" is even more of a hyperbole than mine. Titanfall has been a big hit and far from "most" people are bored of it yet. I don't think I could ever play a Call of Duty or Battlefield game again after this, they would just be too boring.

Forza, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, even Ryse ended up being decent. That's not even accounting for games like PvZ which would probably be the best multiplayer game out on the PS4 right now if it were available there, but is somewhat overlooked on the XB1 because of all of the other exclusives.

There's no telling what games will come in the future as Sony has some awesome exclusive franchises (some of which I expect they'll show off at E3) and pretty well dominated the back half of last gen as far as exclusives go, but while it's highly subjective and unique to each person, in a vacuum I think there's little doubt that the XB1 has a far superior offering on that front right now. One of my buddies is a huge Sony nut and he's advised me against buying one yet because he says there's nothing to play on it. Infamous is a 12 hour and done game and The Show hits a pretty niche audience (baseball). There are also some nice arcade releases and Warframe has developed a bit of a cult following despite pretty mediocre reviews, but all in all I wouldn't give the same "don't buy one yet, wait for more games to come out" warning to a potential XB1 buyer.
Its obvious you enjoy Titanfall, and I haven't played it so I don't want to try to tarnish your love of this game. I was basing my reasoning on the reception of the thousands of gamers on Reddit who were all chiming in that the game was pretty much cool for the first week and sitting on the shelf since then. The general feeling to that game was like that. Most people had the same reactions to PS4 games such as Infamous as well.

If you want to throw in Dead Rising and Ryse as exclusives that are good than PS4 had Killzone and Knack which were equally as appreciated as those titles.

IMO if you have to go with one console you should choose the one with the types of games you most like. If you are a Halo/gears of War person than Xbox is your system, if you like Uncharted/Last of Us/Big Little Planet/ The Show, than PS4 is for you.

I started playing UFC demo, I might have ADD or something but the tutorial was taking waaaaay tooo long for a sport I barely care about and i just quit the game in middle of one of those choke hold parts.

That Witcher 3 demo looked pretty sick.

Also, wtf are we going to get Half Life 3? I think it'd sell a billion copies. What is Gabe waiting for?

I started playing UFC demo, I might have ADD or something but the tutorial was taking waaaaay tooo long for a sport I barely care about and i just quit the game in middle of one of those choke hold parts.
This is me on 95% of games I play. Btw- Don't tell xbox or sony but the whole free trial/demo thing has saved me (and cost them) thousands of dollars over the years.

I've been playing games long enough to figure out what will annoy me about a game in about 5 minutes.

That Witcher 3 demo looked pretty sick.

Also, wtf are we going to get Half Life 3? I think it'd sell a billion copies. What is Gabe waiting for?
My guess is never. So much hype for HL2 and the story started OK and then you had to wait....and wait.....and wait....and wait for the DLC to complete the story. Total garbage and HL lost a lot of shine in the process.

It's a shame because the original HL was one of my favorite games.

This is me on 95% of games I play.Btw- Don't tell xbox or sony but the whole free trial/demo thing has saved me (and cost them) thousands of dollars over the years.

I've been playing games long enough to figure out what will annoy me about a game in about 5 minutes.
haha, but the thing is the demo part of gaming has been non existent since the good ol days of Xbox Magazine Demo Discs. Only sport games seem to have their demo's up before releasing these days.

I love all the good action games, but I could seriously care less about all the cinematics in the games. Far Cry 3 was amazing outside of constantly sitting through 10 minute videos.

This is me on 95% of games I play.Btw- Don't tell xbox or sony but the whole free trial/demo thing has saved me (and cost them) thousands of dollars over the years.

haha, but the thing is the demo part of gaming has been non existent since the good ol days of Xbox Magazine Demo Discs. Only sport games seem to have their demo's up before releasing these days.

I love all the good action games, but I could seriously care less about all the cinematics in the games. Far Cry 3 was amazing outside of constantly sitting through 10 minute videos.
Not entirely true. That's one very positive thing I have to say about the Xbox 360. During most of its run, they managed to make demos of the major (and some not-so-major) releases available for download. Unfortunately, they've been fewer in the last year or two, yet Xbox Live Arcade titles still have required demos.

Here's a link showing demos available sorted by recent release date: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/GameDemos?SortBy=ReleaseDate

I only see 3 demos available for the PS3 when I do a search. Forgive me if that's incorrect, as I don't have a PS3/PS4 to verify and have to go by Sony's site: link

edit: I see more listed for PS4.

haha, but the thing is the demo part of gaming has been non existent since the good ol days of Xbox Magazine Demo Discs. Only sport games seem to have their demo's up before releasing these days. I love all the good action games, but I could seriously care less about all the cinematics in the games. Far Cry 3 was amazing outside of constantly sitting through 10 minute videos.
Not entirely true. That's one very positive thing I have to say about the Xbox 360. During most of its run, they managed to make demos of the major (and some not-so-major) releases available for download. Unfortunately, they've been fewer in the last year or two, yet Xbox Live Arcade titles still have required demos. Here's a link showing demos available sorted by recent release date: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/GameDemos?SortBy=ReleaseDate

I only see 3 demos available for the PS3 when I do a search. Forgive me if that's incorrect, as I don't have a PS3/PS4 to verify and have to go by Sony's site: link

edit: I see more listed for PS4.
ps4 demos suck, only sport titles like fifa and ufc there

Playstation Now prices are nuts...here's hoping they make them at least reasonable once it comes out of beta.

http://kotaku.com/playstation-now-prices-are-currently-insane-1594025919
It's DOA at those prices. Why would anybody pay more to rent a game than it costs to buy it outright?
This is really disappointing. $10/month would be my limit and it would have to include some fantastic games at that price. I'd more likely buy it at around $7/month.

Enjoying Watch Dogs. The driving and combat are quite GTA like, but the hacking part of things adds an interesting element to the police pursuits etc. Its fun to escape by pulling up a drawbridge and jumping over or throwing up road spikes or blowing up steam pipes behind you.

Enjoying Watch Dogs. The driving and combat are quite GTA like, but the hacking part of things adds an interesting element to the police pursuits etc. Its fun to escape by pulling up a drawbridge and jumping over or throwing up road spikes or blowing up steam pipes behind you.
If you ever find yourself having trouble escaping police or badguys...

Take a boat. Even the chopper seems to ignore them.

I'm planning on upgrading my 360 to either a 1 or a PS4. I'm a light gamer-mostly Madden, NHL, COD, and Battlefield. I also use my current 360 to stream Netflix, HBO Go, etc. Now that the price is same, anyone have any opinions on which way I should go?

Users who are viewing this thread