What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wrigley Field (1 Viewer)

arrow1

Footballguy
Going into Chicago for a game this weekend.  Can anyone give some recommendations on where to park?  Ride the train in?  Thanks.

I went many years ago, but when I did I took the train in and stayed at a hotel just of the L. 

It's a dump. $45 to park in someone's garage. Don't wear sandals as everybody pees in a trough. Went with a buddy (we are Brewers fans) who is an ex Navy SEAL. We got beer tossed at us, batteries etc.

#### show.

I suppose it didn't help I was wearing a Prince Fielder jersey, and he went yard for a 3 run Homer in the 1st....

Last edited by a moderator:
I went once and loved it.  :shrug:

Stayed at a relative's condo and just walked.  So festive and fun around there.  A day gay at Wrigley is also terrific people watching.  

Going into Chicago for a game this weekend.  Can anyone give some recommendations on where to park?  Ride the train in?  Thanks.
If driving in just for the game, I would use SpotHero to reserve a spot and you can decide how much walking 4 or 5 blocks is worth to you.  Some people will park up by a red line spot north of the stadium, but to me this isn't worth the effort to save a few dollars. 

If staying in a hotel in the city, I would use the red line and be ready for crowded trains close to game time, but still your best option. 

Such a shame that when I went to Chicago it was November, so no chance to get to a game there. It's on my list of things to do, but I don't know realistically when I'll be back in the US, let alone to a city I've already visited

Such a shame that when I went to Chicago it was November, so no chance to get to a game there. It's on my list of things to do, but I don't know realistically when I'll be back in the US, let alone to a city I've already visited

The field is gorgeous. Obviously historic. 

People.....no.

I was there, under cover on a rainy day.

Place smelled like a high school locker room

As said before, NTTAWWT

The field is gorgeous. Obviously historic. 

People.....no.
You and I must have attended vastly different ball games.  I was there during the day and was astounded at how many pretty women were all over the park.  Chicago is full of attractive women.  Least that's what I observed on my 3-day visit there.

You and I must have attended vastly different ball games.  I was there during the day and was astounded at how many pretty women were all over the park.  Chicago is full of attractive women.  Least that's what I observed on my 3-day visit there.
Or Portland may have clouded your judgement.

Agree on it being a dump.  They should demolish it and build a new stadium around the field

also if you have bleacher seats you can’t get into the main concourse.  IIRC the beer stands are in the basement or might as well be

dont get me wrong I still had fun, but it’s a dump

Agree on it being a dump.  They should demolish it and build a new stadium around the field

also if you have bleacher seats you can’t get into the main concourse.  IIRC the beer stands are in the basement or might as well be

dont get me wrong I still had fun, but it’s a dump
Went a few years ago and had bleacher seats and didn’t realize we couldn’t walk all the way around until we got there! No shade and no air conditioned places in the bleachers- it was hot as ####. Lots of fun bars and stuff around the park.

Went last August.   Was not a dump.  It was awesome.    

Stayed at Zachary's across the street and parked there.  

Wife and I went to a game a few years back, and both felt the same - it's pretty much a dump, and we thought the people were extremely rude, especially the "helpers" sitting around guiding people to their seats.  Cool for historical reasons, and we still had fun with the game itself, but nothing we'd ever want to do again.  

The prepaid parking is a must. Driving around Wrigley is challenging on game days with the road closures. We were comped tix and they were under the over hang. They sucked a little cause you couldn't see the whole field.

The patio bar is pretty cool. 

General Malaise said:
I went once and loved it.  :shrug:

Stayed at a relative's condo and just walked.  So festive and fun around there.  A day gay at Wrigley is also terrific people watching.  
The area around the park was great, no idea how it is now since it was gentrified.  Going to a game there is a bucket-list item, the park is awesome.  It should be a tough ticket with the Red Sox in town.  If you are staying downtown, I probably won’t drive in, parking will be $50-100, no real lots to speak of.

Went last year after going to Busch Stadium 2 days before that. Sat in right center bleachers on the aisle and saw 2 pair of boobs from young women who wanted to get on tv. Agree on dump.

I finally got a chance to visit Wrigley a few years back.  But of course the day of the game it was 35 degrees and sleeting.  So the overall experience was a bit…lacking.  I need a mulligan.

Thanks @Brony for the Spot Hero suggestion.  Reserved a spot three blocks form Wrigley in a school parking lot for $60.  Wearing Red Sox gear and sitting in the bleachers.  Will report back next week.  :unsure:

Ask for ketchup on your hot dog and report back 
I remember being on a layover in O’Hare once, got hot dog for quick bite to eat before next leg, and asked for ketchup. Person in line behind me made a comment to me.

Apparently no ketchup rules apply even if just in that city for 30 minutes and don’t even want to be there.

I remember being on a layover in O’Hare once, got hot dog for quick bite to eat before next leg, and asked for ketchup. Person in line behind me made a comment to me.

Apparently no ketchup rules apply even if just in that city for 30 minutes and don’t even want to be there.

this rule is far from just applicable to Chicago ... you get b&r NYers a dog (Sabbrett, btw), and it better be slathered in the golden mustard from the cart wand. 

KETCHUP?

YELLOW MUSTARD?

####in' savages. 

:bye:

My son swims. If you have ever been to a swim meet then you know there is a lot of down time. On thing I have done in each venue is check out the pool records. A kid holds a few records at one pool. His names is Wrigley Fields. 

I am still trying to figure out if it is just awesome or child abuse or both. 

This was my experience as well. Neighborhood was a blast... not cheap but Awesome vibe. Cool people. 

Went to a day game vs Pirates about a decade ago. Sat front row behind home on the aisle near the Cubs On deck circle. Was talking #### with Soriano (I'm a Red Sox Fan) between at bats. Walked around a bunch. Lots of hot ### women. 

The ballpark itself is historic obviously... love that aspect. It's old but far from a dump IMO. They've done a great job renovating without losing the charm, not unlike Fenway. 

Also went back for two Pearl Jam Shows in 2020. Had a blast at pregaming and in the park. Fun place for a show assuming you get decent spots. 

Thanks @Brony for the Spot Hero suggestion.  Reserved a spot three blocks form Wrigley in a school parking lot for $60.  Wearing Red Sox gear and sitting in the bleachers.  Will report back next week.  :unsure:
Bleachers are fun.

Big Red Sox fan but why rocking Sox gear to Wrigley when they're not playing? 

Going to Wrigley this summer for a Friday afternoon game when the Orioles are in town. Single game tickets go on sale tomorrow. Should I get seats in the bleachers or not? Taking 3 other people who aren't big baseball fans, so I'm thinking the lack of seatbacks and ability to walk around the park might suggest non-bleacher seats are the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread