What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (1 Viewer)

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said he is uncertain when WR Will Fuller will return and said the team will see how the week goes.

In essence, Flores does not have an update on Fuller's status. There has been little news on the speedy wideout, who hasn't played since Week 4 after suffering a finger injury. He is eligible to return off injured reserve at this point, but Flores made it sound like there is no timetable for when the Dolphins will actually designate him to return. It's a situation worth keeping an eye on.

SOURCE: David Furones on Twitter

Nov 23, 2021, 7:30 PM ET

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said Will Fuller is "getting better" but still not ready to suit up. 

Fuller hasn't played since injuring his finger in Week 4. Flores and Miami coaches have been coy about Fuller's situation throughout his lost 2021 season. Fuller, who has four catches for 28 yards after signing a one-year, $10.5 million deal with Miami, can safely be dropped in 12-team leagues. 

SOURCE: Marcel Louis-Jacques on Twitter 

Nov 29, 2021, 12:19 PM ET

Will Fuller will not practice ahead of Week 13 against the Giants.

The NFL Network's Cameron Wolfe reports that Fuller's finger was bad enough that at one point it was described as almost "shattered." The severity of Fuller's injury helps explain why there has been no concrete update on when he will return to action. Fuller appears unlikely to provide fantasy value at any point this season.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 11:47 AM ET

Jason Pierre Paul lost a few fingers and part of his hand and still plays DE, it's a finger, just amputate it and learn to catch with four fingers. 

-Just a frustrated Phins fan who hates that they gave this guy. a pay day and got nothing in return. Worst free agent signing of almost all 32 teams this past year...we might need a thread for worst free agent signing in 2021. 

Jason Pierre Paul lost a few fingers and part of his hand and still plays DE, it's a finger, just amputate it and learn to catch with four fingers. 

-Just a frustrated Phins fan who hates that they gave this guy. a pay day and got nothing in return. Worst free agent signing of almost all 32 teams this past year...we might need a thread for worst free agent signing in 2021. 

JPP and Fuller need their fingers a lot differently.  I'm sure many teams spend money and see no ROI.  Fuller got hurt, so did JuJu who is playing on a similar contract.  I'd rather they spent that money on some lineman (or maybe kept some they got rid of for cap savings) but I understood the move when they did it.

Just a frustrated Phins fan who hates that they gave this guy. a pay day and got nothing in return. Worst free agent signing of almost all 32 teams this past year...we might need a thread for worst free agent signing in 2021. 
A one year deal, just okay money, at a position that's been fine for the team in his absence = nowhere near the worst free agent signing of the season.  Fuller has clearly been a disappointment, but let's keep it in perspective.

A one year deal, just okay money, at a position that's been fine for the team in his absence = nowhere near the worst free agent signing of the season.  Fuller has clearly been a disappointment, but let's keep it in perspective.
$10M and he's done ZIPPO!

$10,000,000 and that's an 8 figure pay day, that's a lot of money my friend even by the MoP middle class standard and I was preaching that 6 figures was nothing back when this place wasn't too far removed from Cheatsheets  :excited:  

Did he even play one game? I forgot since I just get redzone and Broncos games here. That is insane if so, $10mil for nothing. Bad luck or Grier should have known better?

Problem with getting rid of Grier is new GM will want his own HC, which starts us all over again it feels like. Maybe wrong thread, but always love reading/talking Dolphins.

Did he even play one game? I forgot since I just get redzone and Broncos games here. That is insane if so, $10mil for nothing. Bad luck or Grier should have known better?

Problem with getting rid of Grier is new GM will want his own HC, which starts us all over again it feels like. Maybe wrong thread, but always love reading/talking Dolphins.

Welcome to the Miami Dolphins house thread around here. We have a strong spirited debate, pretty evenly divided. Lot of Tua fans and then you have some real sticks in the mud like me who are fed up with the owner and anything short of Ross selling the team leaves me wanting...heard he's getting a big time divorce, gonna cost him a mini-fortune, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 

Fuller almost caught a game winning bomb from Brissett in overtime in the LV game. The ball hit his hands but he was being pulled down by the defender. Obvious PI but no call. I think he got injured in the next game.  IMO he is experiencing some psychological distress to miss so many games.  

Welcome to the Miami Dolphins house thread around here. We have a strong spirited debate, pretty evenly divided. Lot of Tua fans and then you have some real sticks in the mud like me who are fed up with the owner and anything short of Ross selling the team leaves me wanting...heard he's getting a big time divorce, gonna cost him a mini-fortune, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 
First I heard about the divorce. Divorce at 81, but supposedly uncontested so their must be a contract.  I wonder if it affects his ownership plans. 

Fuller almost caught a game winning bomb from Brissett in overtime in the LV game. The ball hit his hands but he was being pulled down by the defender. Obvious PI but no call. I think he got injured in the next game.  IMO he is experiencing some psychological distress to miss so many games.  
His middle finger was as Mick Jagger sang, "Shattered" from recent reports and the severity of the injury might not have been clear from the start, we're at a point that went way beyond the 3-week IR, they could have shut him down for the season, happens all the time in the NFL but they decided to go this path. 

-The shattered finger was something I was reading very recent, it could be something mental like you say but I think that would have been revealed by now. 

Week 1-Suspension

Week 2-Personal 

Week 4-Injured and didn't finish the game. 

Week 5 thru now OUT on IR for a broken finger...and hasn't been seen since. I don't think he has done a lot of media interviews during this time either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
His middle finger was as Mick Jager sang, "Shattered" from recent reports and the severity of the injury might not have been clear from the start, we're at a point that went way beyond the 3-week IR, they could have shut him down for the season, happens all the time in the NFL but they decided to go this path. 

-The shattered finger was something I was reading very recent, it could be something mental like you say but I think that would have been revealed by now. 

Week 1-Suspension

Week 2-Personal 

Week 4-Injured and didn't finish the game. 

Week 5 thru now OUT on IR for a broken finger...and hasn't been seen since. I don't think he has done a lot of media interviews during this time either. 
I drafted Fuller as a 4th WR in a bigger league and cut loose after they put him on IR. I picked on Parker on waivers after his early injury, used him for 1 game, then cut him after he went on IR. They both have talent but can't be trusted to stay healthy. Perhaps the finger injury is really keeping Fuller out, we might never know due to privacy rules.

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Will Fuller (finger, IR) is not expected to return to practice this week.

Fuller was placed on injured reserve at the beginning of October and has never gotten a formal timeline for a return. The only note from Flores came a month after Fuller landed on injured reserve. All Flores could say is that he expected the speedster back on the field at some point this year. Even that would be a win at this point as Fuller has appeared in just two games for the Dolphins. DeVante Parker and Jaylen Waddle will close out the year as Miami's starters.

SOURCE: Marcel Louis-Jacques on Twitter

Dec 13, 2021, 1:20 PM ET

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Will Fuller (finger) suffered a setback and is likely out for the remainder of the 2021 season.

This felt inevitable as Flores has been unable to set a return date for Fuller all year. At some point, the team has to move on assuming Fuller is done for the year. The free-agent signing played just two games for Miami. He signed a one-year deal with them in the offseason and it's unlikely that the team brings him back after his nonexistent 2021 campaign. Fuller ends his sixth NFL season with four catches for 26 yards. He'll look to sign a prove-it deal with a new team once free agency opens next year. 

SOURCE: David Furones on Twitter

Dec 20, 2021, 1:18 PM ET

This is a terrible take from a "scouting expert" 

Will Fuller has never been anything less than a good #2 WR when healthy, and was tearing up in 2020, before getting suspended. I'll agree that the durability is an issue (you aren't expecting 17 games when you sign him) but he's a difference maker whenever he's on the field.

He's absolutely lived up to his 1st round draft position (especially in a 1st round that included Coleman, Treadwell and Doctson) and DeShaun Watson's splits with/without Fuller were bigger than they were with/without Hopkins. Not saying Fuller is better than Hopkins obviously, but acting like he's just some bum who gets injured a lot is silly. 

Will Fuller has never been anything less than a good #2 WR when healthy, and was tearing up in 2020, before getting suspended. I'll agree that the durability is an issue (you aren't expecting 17 games when you sign him) but he's a difference maker whenever he's on the field.

He's absolutely lived up to his 1st round draft position (especially in a 1st round that included Coleman, Treadwell and Doctson) and DeShaun Watson's splits with/without Fuller were bigger than they were with/without Hopkins. Not saying Fuller is better than Hopkins obviously, but acting like he's just some bum who gets injured a lot is silly. 
Meh.  He has been decent when he plays, but you have to be on the field to matter.  Fuller is a roster clogger; too good to cut, but most weeks, he is sitting on your bench.

Not really...he has one season with over 670 yards and one season with over 50 catches (53)...no doubt he has skills but he has played six years and has yet to put it all together despite showing some great flashes.

Not really...he has one season with over 670 yards and one season with over 50 catches (53)...no doubt he has skills but he has played six years and has yet to put it all together despite showing some great flashes.
Yeah, he misses games, but that'll be built into his contract. When healthy, he's averaged 70 YPG over his last 3 seasons, and forces teams to keep a deep safety and frees things up for everyone else. 

I'm not arguing he's some elite WR, but he's a very valuable asset to have as a #2 WR, and he'll likely be super cheap because the missed games expectation is built in. Hell, he'll likely be affordable as a #3.

Yeah, he misses games, but that'll be built into his contract. When healthy, he's averaged 70 YPG over his last 3 seasons, and forces teams to keep a deep safety and frees things up for everyone else. 

I'm not arguing he's some elite WR, but he's a very valuable asset to have as a #2 WR, and he'll likely be super cheap because the missed games expectation is built in. Hell, he'll likely be affordable as a #3.

I don't disagree he could be useful (and possibly quite useful) but that guy's scouting report was accurate.

I don't disagree he could be useful (and possibly quite useful) but that guy's scouting report was accurate.
He's accurate about the missed games. But 70 YPG is not average production, its a 1200 yard pace. 

Maybe its just the risk taker in me, but I'd rather have 11 games from a good player than a full season from a mediocre one. 

As I said in the Watson topic, my bet is wherever Watson signs, that's where Fuller will end up. 
All 3 of Atlanta, Cleveland, and especially New Orleans could use a field stretcher too. 

Hell, if Carolina trades for Watson, there is a decent shot DJ Moore is part of the deal, so they could probably use him too. 

He's accurate about the missed games. But 70 YPG is not average production, its a 1200 yard pace. 

Maybe its just the risk taker in me, but I'd rather have 11 games from a good player than a full season from a mediocre one.
I don't have as much love for Fuller as you. He's missed significant time each of the last 5 seasons. He did next to nothing for the Dolphins but collected a check for $10.63M.

It's a lot easier to get open when you are playing opposite of Hopkins and Cooks. It's also easy to maintain a higher yards per game number when other receivers play when they are dinged and into the dog days of December. Add it all together, and Fuller has averaged 57 yards per game over his career.

Since Fuller entered the league, for players that have played 50 games, that ranks as the #25 WR in terms of yardage/gm. Dropping the games played requirement to WR that have played in 30 games since , he drops to WR #35.

Sure, he's shown flashes. But he struggles to stay on the field. He was the 11th highest paid receiver last year. Given the crazy contracts that receivers have been getting, I don't see him signing someone for low dollars. I personally don't think he is worth a multi-year contract with a big signing bonus and a chunk of guaranteed money.

If I were a GM, I'd probably over a one-year deal worth $6M and incentives. He'd be a decent #2 receiver . . . except he will want WR1 money. I am not sure he can be a WR1, so unless a team has a star #1 receiver, I am not sure he would be that impactful as a player. It also depends on the QB and the offensive system. A run centric offense that features short underneath routes and dump offs wouldn't be a good fit.

If I were a GM, I'd probably over a one-year deal worth $6M and incentives. He'd be a decent #2 receiver . . . except he will want WR1 money. I am not sure he can be a WR1, so unless a team has a star #1 receiver, I am not sure he would be that impactful as a player. It also depends on the QB and the offensive system. A run centric offense that features short underneath routes and dump offs wouldn't be a good fit.
Agree on most points. 

IMO, a reunion with Watson would make him quite valuable for 2022. Just gotta wait until he stays on the field for 4-5 productive games then sell high as quickly as possible. 

Anarchy99 said:
I don't have as much love for Fuller as you. He's missed significant time each of the last 5 seasons. He did next to nothing for the Dolphins but collected a check for $10.63M.

It's a lot easier to get open when you are playing opposite of Hopkins and Cooks. It's also easy to maintain a higher yards per game number when other receivers play when they are dinged and into the dog days of December. Add it all together, and Fuller has averaged 57 yards per game over his career.

Since Fuller entered the league, for players that have played 50 games, that ranks as the #25 WR in terms of yardage/gm. Dropping the games played requirement to WR that have played in 30 games since , he drops to WR #35.

Sure, he's shown flashes. But he struggles to stay on the field. He was the 11th highest paid receiver last year. Given the crazy contracts that receivers have been getting, I don't see him signing someone for low dollars. I personally don't think he is worth a multi-year contract with a big signing bonus and a chunk of guaranteed money.

I agree with much of this. I'd argue Cooks was the #2 and not Fuller in 2020. Cooks didn't really take off until Fuller was gone, and I'd argue Fuller was a very different WR 2018-2020 than he was in 2016-2017. Those first 2 years he was mostly just running low percentage routes. During his 3 year peak though, he was running everything, and showed #1 traits, although again, it was never for a full season. 

I think he's almost certainly in 1 year deal territory, which is why I think he'll end up being cheaper, that injury history is scary, but it also reaches a point where even if you only get 11 games out him, he's too hard to pass up. I fully agree he's a #2 WR because you can't trust him, but for as long as he is on the field, he'll be a top notch #2. 

When he's been on the field, he's basically been Tyler Lockett. What would 11 games of Tyler Lockett be worth?

@Hot Sauce Guy and I have both been thinking pairing with Watson will be the best and most likely fit, but I'm trying to brainstorm some others that would make sense and came up with 5 good ones.

1. Arizona=Reunites with Hopkins, and when on the field is likely an upgrade from Kirk/Green, and clears a lot of room underneath for Moore/Ertz.

2. Dallas=Replaces Cooper, and allows them to keep Lamb in the slot. Also, allows them to ease Gallup back in. 

3. Green Bay=Huge upgrade from MVS as a deep threat, though they may be more likely to look toward the draft for a WR.

4. Kansas City=Also might look toward the draft, but his presence opposite Tyreek would be terrifying and cause teams to basically commit multiple guys deep every single play. Kelce would feast, and maybe the running game too.

5. Las Vegas=They missed Ruggs deep speed a ton down the stretch last year, and likely would prefer not to spend another 1st on a WR. Again, helps clear space for Waller/Renfrow.

Every one of those teams has at least 1 option ahead of Fuller, but would have a sizeable role for him, and each team has a quality QB. 

I'll bet you a shiny nickel he winds up wherever Watson does for short money.
Oh that’s been my call for 2 days now, well advertised on here. 

i shall not accept your wager, for I am firmly on the same side of it.

Bur Raiders aren’t a bad spot for him, and he could help them. 

Jordan Schultz reports, "There’s mutual interest between WR Will Fuller and the Browns."

Schultz added that Fuller and new Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson have been friends since their time together in Houston. Fuller signed with the Dolphins on a one-year deal and things quickly fell apart. He opened the year by finishing his suspension from 2020 and then a personal issue sidelined him even longer. Fuller only made it two games before a hand injury knocked him out for the year. He would eventually undergo surgery to fix the issue. Pairing up with Watson again would be an ideal outcome for Fuller, whose star is beginning to fade because of his disastrous 2021 campaign. Fuller would immediately step in as the team's No. 2 receiver opposite Amari Cooper. 

RELATED: 

Cleveland Browns

SOURCE: Jordan Schultz on Twitter

Mar 19, 2022, 6:36 PM ET

Stunner here. Myriad people on this board predicted a "mutual interest" forthcoming. This doesn't even need really to be in print. It just is. Like water. 

Stunner here. Myriad people on this board predicted a "mutual interest" forthcoming. This doesn't even need really to be in print. It just is. Like water. 
:towelwave:

Here’s hoping for a healthy & productive 3 weeks so I can pry a 2023 2nd away from someone for him. 
:pickle:  

Possible hot take: If they sign Fuller, I wouldn't be shocked if he outproduced Cooper for as long as he was healthy. 

Holy heck that’s nuts!  All that from 1 broken finger?! 

wow. 

hopefully it’s 100%
Fuller missed week 1 for the PED suspension and then week 2 for personal reasons. The team and writers respected his privacy, but as he missed the last 13 games of the season for a broken fingers fans became suspicious that it was more than a finger. He would've caught a game winning TD bomb from Brissett in the overtime loss to the Raiders if not for the PI, which was a missed call. 

i really thought he would have signed with Cleveland or something by now, has anybody heard anything? I just saw i have 20% exposure to Fuller in bests ball drafts i have been doing, guy has every intention to play this upcoming season right?

has anybody heard anything?
3 months after you asked that question the answer remains a big no.

I believe he's deleted all of his social media accounts and any news or updates on him has turned into a cold trail.

A few posts up was mention of a possible mental health aspect and while his hand was certainly to jacked up to return last year I am starting to find it more credible there might be more going on.

He's been a popular last few round pick for me in drafts and I think I've reached a point where I'm about to stop that, at least in leagues I can't cut him if he does not return.

3 months after you asked that question the answer remains a big no.

I believe he's deleted all of his social media accounts and any news or updates on him has turned into a cold trail.

A few posts up was mention of a possible mental health aspect and while his hand was certainly to jacked up to return last year I am starting to find it more credible there might be more going on.

He's been a popular last few round pick for me in drafts and I think I've reached a point where I'm about to stop that, at least in leagues I can't cut him if he does not return.
He was my toss-in with Pittman to get ETN.  That deal is feeling better & better 

I’m kind of in disbelief he’s still unsigned. I was certain GB would jump on him.

I’m kind of in disbelief he’s still unsigned. I was certain GB would jump on him.
Both him and Julio are the two old and older vets I certainly did not expect to still be unsigned just a few weeks from camps opening and basically almost zero news. No visits, no really credible rumors. Will Fuller is not on social media and Julio is almost a zero on it so you can't even pick up hints from them.

Fuller's skill set works in so many places, most really attractive landing spots and his skill set in theory should be easier then most WR's to integrate.

You mentioned GB and that's the dream spot(for him and Julio) and it's easy to see how he could come in and at least take the MVS role(and be an upgrade IMO).

Without thinking to hard these other teams seem like obvious teams who would be interested:

Browns- Watson connection and WR need. It's been reported they are not interested, perhaps that changes if it's known Watson will be available to play at some point in 2022?

Chargers-Guyton getting some good buzz but the team lacking more speed at WR with a QB possessing an arm like Herbert is sad for football fans.

Ravens-Marquise Brown replacement, WR need.

Other then Ravens those are some really sweet spots, at least so long as he has Watson if he ended up in Cleveland. This is why I had been throwing some end of draft picks at him but I'm starting to wonder if he is walking away from the game for now.

but I'm starting to wonder if he is walking away from the game for now.
That, or he has some kind of reputation we don’t know about. He’s been oft injured and thus, unreliable - and in MIA he got a fat bag of cash, broke a finger and was a non-factor for them. While I don’t see it this way, maybe some teams are weary of singing him, believing he’s either fragile, or doesn’t play through some of the soft tissue type injuries he was plagued by in past seasons.

Plus the PED suspension. That closes some doors. 

Or maybe it’s teams are waiting to see what they need as they get closer to camp.& have simply decided Fuller isn’t a priority. He was outstanding at times in HOU. I agree he was be tater than anything I’ve seen out of MVS.

Users who are viewing this thread