What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (2 Viewers)

If he starts you have to play him. But be prepared to lose in the playoffs if he’s a decoy or plays a lot less. Hopefully Dallas gets a lead or keeps things close.

Decoy …
could be wrong but guessing not, apparently was close to playing last week
Pretty sure he or she was being humorous.
ah ok thanks, missed that
As a Waddle owner I wish it was true, but the way Hill was running after his return from the injury, he going to have one hell of a day.
Yep. If ever he was a mere decoy it would have been that game. Yet he was still getting targets and making plays. My favorite type of decoy. Now a few weeks to heal? Against cowboys? Game over man. Game over.

Sorry if it was mentioned but he needs to average 153 yards a game to hit 2,000 and I fully expect him to be dialed into trying to do that. Glad to have him where I do, worried about facing him in places I don't.

Sorry if it was mentioned but he needs to average 153 yards a game to hit 2,000 and I fully expect him to be dialed into trying to do that. Glad to have him where I do, worried about facing him in places I don't.
I have no qualms about playing Tyreek. But I find it hard to believe that a player coming off an injury will be able to perform better just because he wants to. He either gets open or he doesn’t. The Dolphins need to keep winning, and they will throw to him if he is open and throw to someone else if he is not. IMO, “trying hard” doesn’t really factor in to the outcome of his production. If we get to a point when the Dolphins can’t improve their seed any, then sure, I could see them targeting Hill 20 times for him to get 2K yards. The other consideration could also be true . . . that MIA limits his usage to prevent further injury to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

But I find it hard to believe that a player coming off an injury will be able to perform better just because he wants to. He either gets open or he doesn’t.
Well sure but maybe you believe a coach will scheme a WR open or not and if you don't believe that I'd encourage you to watch the last episode of Hard Knocks. I'm trying to say he wants 2k, and I think McDaniels will do what he can to help him and won't have to deviate from the normal plan to do it.

Decoy …
He came back in the game where he injured the ankle and was able to make big plays down the stretch. I appreciate the adrenaline factor. But now he's had some time to heal and for the swelling to come down.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think he's going to be heavily involved again trying to get to 2K.

Here for the Sunday morning updates!

(Rotowire) Hill (ankle) who is listed as questionable for Sunday's contest against the Cowboys, is trending towards playing, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
Analysis: Schefter notes the Dolphins want to see how Hill feels Sunday as opposed to specifying how he'll feel following a pre-game workout

Miami has had him for 2 years now, he cashed in after the SB runs with KC and he has tried to bring that mentality to Miami
Still think he limited at times by Tua
Towards the end fo the year I rarely saw Hill on fly patterns using his blazing speed. He also got injured vs Tennessee after racking up 1,500+ yds

Miami has had him for 2 years now, he cashed in after the SB runs with KC and he has tried to bring that mentality to Miami
Towards the end fo the year I rarely saw Hill on fly patterns using his blazing speed. He also got injured vs Tennessee after racking up 1,500+ yds
Kind of a catch 22. Great offense for him to play in but yeah, Tua does limit him. Love to see him in that offense with CJ Stroud or Justin Herbert. A perfect world kind of thing.

Kind of a catch 22. Great offense for him to play in but yeah, Tua does limit him. Love to see him in that offense with CJ Stroud or Justin Herbert.
We saw him in an offense with Mahomes and it wasn’t as good as Miami has been. Back to back years of 119 receptions, 1700 yards. I have a hard time labeling that as being limited.

Kind of a catch 22. Great offense for him to play in but yeah, Tua does limit him. Love to see him in that offense with CJ Stroud or Justin Herbert.
We saw him in an offense with Mahomes and it wasn’t as good as Miami has been. Back to back years of 119 receptions, 1700 yards. I have a hard time labeling that as being limited.
You don’t think Tyreek would be even better with an upgrade at QB in that same offense?

You don’t think Tyreek would be even better with an upgrade at QB in that same offense?
I guess if it’s the same offense maybe but a better QB might also spread the ball around more. It’s just really hard to look at what’s he done the last two years and think he’s somehow falling short of his potential. Honest question, how many WRs in NFL history have had back to back 1700 yard seasons?

I guess if it’s the same offense maybe but a better QB might also spread the ball around more. It’s just really hard to look at what’s he done the last two years and think he’s somehow falling short of his potential. Honest question, how many WRs in NFL history have had back to back 1700 yard seasons?
I get that. He’s been great but when I watch Miami, seems like a lot of missed opportunities too. Even the TD last night was all Tyreek. Had 2 steps on the DB and could have been an easy TD. Instead, he made a great play for the TD on ball that was way under thrown. I know conditions sucked las night but saw a lot of that in Miami too.

Tyreek is that good where 1700 yards seems routine.

I know this is not the Tua thread, but, what's with the hate on Tua? He led the NFL in passing yards this year. Sure, Hill and Waddle help a lot. But Hurts doesn't come close to his passing numbers, with two top guys like Brown and Smith.

I know this is not the Tua thread, but, what's with the hate on Tua? He led the NFL in passing yards this year. Sure, Hill and Waddle help a lot. But Hurts doesn't come close to his passing numbers, with two top guys like Brown and Smith.
Well, Hurts isn’t know as a great pure passer either. Plus, as good as Brown is, he isn’t in the same class as Tyreek as a pure receiver.

Don’t hate Tua, but just think putting Tyreek in the same Mike McDaniel offense with an elite passer would create a record breaking season.

I get that. He’s been great but when I watch Miami, seems like a lot of missed opportunities too. Even the TD last night was all Tyreek. Had 2 steps on the DB and could have been an easy TD. Instead, he made a great play for the TD on ball that was way under thrown. I know conditions sucked las night but saw a lot of that in Miami too.

Well the answer is Tyreek is the only WR ever to have back to back 1700 seasons. Excluding his rookie year, his 17 game season average with Mahomes was 24 less receptions and 300 yards less than his average with Tua. He only surpassed 1300 yards once with Mahomes.

Well the answer is Tyreek is the only WR ever to have back to back 1700 seasons. Excluding his rookie year, his 17 game season average with Mahomes was 24 less receptions and 300 yards less than his average with Tua. He only surpassed 1300 yards once with Mahomes.
Because he was in a different offense and didn’t have the targets that he is getting now. My point is that if he had a better QB in this same offense, he would put up even better numbers.

Lawsuit on Tyreek Hill

"A social media influencer has filed a lawsuit against Miami Dolphins star wide receiver Tyreek Hill, claiming he fractured her leg, which required "surgery with orthopedic reconstruction and hardware implantation."

Sophie Hall, a 35-year-old plus-size model and influencer, is seeking over $50,000 in damages after alleging Hill was "enraged" after being "humiliated" by Hall during a "friendly football lesson" at his Miami mansion, causing the leg fracture."

It appears from the story the "plus size model" embarrassed Hill and he took his revenge ...

Lawsuit on Tyreek Hill

"A social media influencer has filed a lawsuit against Miami Dolphins star wide receiver Tyreek Hill, claiming he fractured her leg, which required "surgery with orthopedic reconstruction and hardware implantation."

Sophie Hall, a 35-year-old plus-size model and influencer, is seeking over $50,000 in damages after alleging Hill was "enraged" after being "humiliated" by Hall during a "friendly football lesson" at his Miami mansion, causing the leg fracture."

It appears from the story the "plus size model" embarrassed Hill and he took his revenge ...
They make it sound like he beat her up or something.
He won the drill. Don't enter a physical contest against the Cheta when you're an obese out of shape female model.

In all seriousness though, Tyreek is an immature mental midget which led him to easily being goated into doing what he did.

Lawsuit on Tyreek Hill

He won the drill. Don't enter a physical contest against the Cheta when you're an obese out of shape female model.

In all seriousness though, Tyreek is an immature mental midget which led him to easily being goated into doing what he did.
She's 6'0" 210lbs, He's 5'10" 190Lbs. She falls on the high end of "overweight" on the BMI scale. She's a good looking women. There's a reason Hill invited her over.

Lawsuit on Tyreek Hill

She's 6'0" 210lbs, He's 5'10" 190Lbs. She falls on the high end of "overweight" on the BMI scale. She's a good looking women. There's a reason Hill invited her over.
210? I woulda sworn I read 250. Oh well, whatev

As a Miami fan and a Hill owner in dynasty I will say that I am always worried this guy ends up arrested or suspended. There is always something going on with this guy - seems to be on the Antonio Brown path.

I just need 1 more good year out of Hill and then I'm probably looking to sell. No doubt his talent is insane but I get more worried each year with him doing something dumb and getting suspended or arrested. Why can't he just stay out of trouble?

As a Miami fan and a Hill owner in dynasty I will say that I am always worried this guy ends up arrested or suspended. There is always something going on with this guy - seems to be on the Antonio Brown path.

I just need 1 more good year out of Hill and then I'm probably looking to sell. No doubt his talent is insane but I get more worried each year with him doing something dumb and getting suspended or arrested. Why can't he just stay out of trouble?
WOW! He also had his house burn down?

"It seems that the year 2024 hasn’t shone brightly for the tune of Tyreek Hill. The Miami Dolphins’ star wide receiver started the season with an injury and offseason knockout. Then, the 29-year-old experienced another tragedy as his $6.9 million Florida mansion burned down due to an accident.

After a devastating January to start the year, the end of February month has only brought more trouble to Hill’s plate. This time it’s a legal issue brought up by plus-size model Sophie Hall. Hall has reportedly filed a lawsuit against the athlete, leading to a controversy in the NFL world recently. Here’s the full story of what happened!"

Is this Karma catching up to him for all his past transgressions he escaped with a slap on the wrist?

Could be suspended before it's all over
Probably not, even if he did smash a cigar in her face, while really sorry, not sure that rises to level of DV even if proven true.

But that they had this fight, that he filed for divorce so soon after they got married and then apparently invited that big ole sexy lady over some OL drills he got carried with it's sure a lot in a short time. What a rollercoaster, would make me nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread