What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

Protect the player from injury. It's a game. But,

>>As the Dolphins officially list Tyreek Hill as INACTIVE, he remains on the field, running what appear to be his fastest and most explosive routes I’ve seen today. Clearly, the Dolphins and Hill being very cautious about Hill’s playing time, which is very different than warmups.<<

Rest up young man. Godspeed for a successful playoff run.
:wub:

Protect the player from injury. It's a game. But,

>>As the Dolphins officially list Tyreek Hill as INACTIVE, he remains on the field, running what appear to be his fastest and most explosive routes I’ve seen today. Clearly, the Dolphins and Hill being very cautious about Hill’s playing time, which is very different than warmups.<<

Rest up young man. Godspeed for a successful playoff run.
:wub:
God speed Tyreek. Sit. Rest. Rehab. Believe in your mind you can still get 2000 yards and push for 200 next week. We need u. Been way to fun of year rostering you to finish without fireworks.

They sure didn't miss a beat without him! Might as well sit him....

(Obvious Waddle Owner bias).

They sure missed a lot of beats without him against the Titans.
That was more to do with Conner Williams being out. The interior pressure was killing Tua (who often doesn't handle interior pressure well and ends up throwing off his back foot). Conner Williams to Eichenberg is as big a drop from starter to backup as there is in the league at any position.
Miami held up better without Williams on Sunday than the prior week for whatever reason and that was the main difference.

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill (ankle) will not practice on Wednesday.

Hill suffered a sprained ankle in Week 14’s loss to the Titans and then missed Week 15’s blowout win over the Jets. As a result, his status for this weekend’s game against the Cowboys is probably the biggest story to monitor for fantasy managers. It does appear that Hill is trending in the right direction, and Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel was clear that Hill not practicing “is no indication of left or right. It’s to ensure we have all cylinders go.” It seems like the Dolphins will just be cautious with Hill’s practice reps this week to ensure he can be as healthy as possible on Sunday, but we should expect him to be operating at less than 100 percent.

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill (ankle) will not practice on Wednesday.

Hill suffered a sprained ankle in Week 14’s loss to the Titans and then missed Week 15’s blowout win over the Jets. As a result, his status for this weekend’s game against the Cowboys is probably the biggest story to monitor for fantasy managers. It does appear that Hill is trending in the right direction, and Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel was clear that Hill not practicing “is no indication of left or right. It’s to ensure we have all cylinders go.” It seems like the Dolphins will just be cautious with Hill’s practice reps this week to ensure he can be as healthy as possible on Sunday, but we should expect him to be operating at less than 100 percent.
Thanks Faust

- Don't see him practicing much this week, perhaps Friday but I don't think he needs to
After Waddle had one of his best games of the season, I'd like to see what happens if he were to elevate himself like a wolf in sheep's clothing.
It seems like when Hill is having a big game, you don't see Waddle able to take advantage of all the attention Hill gets in the secondary and maybe that is partly on Tua

Miami would be deadly if they could get it figured out and balance the 2 of them

Last edited:

Tyreek Hill ranks Antonio Brown ahead of Jerry Rice & Terrell Owens in his Top 5 WRs list | Undisputed​

Tyreek Hill is an idiot.

Tyreek Hill ranks Antonio Brown ahead of Jerry Rice & Terrell Owens in his Top 5 WRs list | Undisputed​

Tyreek Hill is an idiot.
In his defense, he saw Antonio Brown his entire career, he never saw Jerry Rice

I never saw Lance Alworth and didn't know much about him until maybe 10-20 years ago and I have tried to watch him in old films and NFL games
I'm not that impressed but the numbers don't lie, he did incredible things for the Chargers

-I'm not the biggest Jerry Rice fan but I don't dare take away from his accomplishments on the field and most of his career records IMHO are not likely to be broken.
Rice played in an era where guys played every week rain or shine and these days, people talk about shutting guys down for the year when they are relatively heathy because they are on bad teams or not making the Playoffs, those things will never help anyone pass Rice in the record books.

-That whole "shut him down" I think is a myth anyways

Tyreek Hill is an idiot.
link?

Tyreek Hill is an idiot.
link?
Google Jerry Rice :)

Tyreek Hill is an idiot.
link?
Google Jerry Rice :)

Thought I could help

Tyreek Hill was 7 and 8 years old during Jerry Rice's last two 1,000-yard seasons (2001-02 for the Raiders, age 39 & 40).

By counting statistics, Jerry Rice had roughly 2 1/2 of Tyreek Hill's eight-year career to date. Interestingly enough, Hill is on pace to challenge many of Rice's counting stats -- but will Hill play 20 seasons as Rice did? And still put up 1,100 yards at 40?

Tyreek Hill was 7 and 8 years old during Jerry Rice's last two 1,000-yard seasons (2001-02 for the Raiders, age 39 & 40).

By counting statistics, Jerry Rice had roughly 2 1/2 of Tyreek Hill's eight-year career to date. Interestingly enough, Hill is on pace to challenge many of Rice's counting stats -- but will Hill play 20 seasons as Rice did? And still put up 1,100 yards at 40?
The question wasn't Hill vs Rice, but Hill making the stupid statement that Antonio Brown was better than Jerry Rice. Thus, I stand by my comment that Hill is an idiot.

ok, so we got:

1 rice
2 hill
3 brown
4 TO
5 moss
NOOOOO,

We have:

1) Jerry Rice
2) Randy Moss
3) Don Hutson
4) Lance Alworth
5) Calvin Johnson
6) Steve Largent
7) Larry Fitzgerald
8) Terrell Owens
9) Raymond Berry
10) Marvin Harrison

Your two guys are nowhere to be seen, LOL. Hill may enter the picture eventually, but not yet. Young whipper snappers want to to include what they see now with no regard to history.

Last edited:
I know it means nothing, but Rapoport video said "Miami expects Tyreek to play.". I know it means little, but it have me comfort just to hear it.

ok, so we got:

1 rice
2 hill
3 brown
4 TO
5 moss
NOOOOO,

We have:

1) Jerry Rice
2) Randy Moss
3) Don Hutson
4) Lance Alworth
5) Calvin Johnson
6) Steve Largent
7) Larry Fitzgerald
8) Terrell Owens
9) Raymond Berry
10) Marvin Harrison

Your two guys are nowhere to be seen, LOL. Hill may enter the picture eventually, but not yet. Young whipper snappers want to to include what they see now with no regard to history.
My list would be a little similar, but would have Brown and Carter for sure.

Based on PFR's HOF Monitor Score, their Top 10 WRs are:

Rice (Rice's score is more than DOUBLE Moss's)
Moss
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Owens
Largent
Lofton
Allworth
Carter
Tim Brown

(Hudson played too long ago to get a score.)

AB is 14th. Berry is 24th. Calvin is 27th. Tyreek is 40th (for now).

I know it means nothing, but Rapoport video said "Miami expects Tyreek to play.". I know it means little, but it have me comfort just to hear it.

This supports how he looked in pre-game warmups last week, which seemed like he was real close to playing.

The Dolphins needing to win and Tyreek needing to make up lost ground in the hunt for 2,000 could mean he is extra special the rest of the season. I don’t expect the Dolphins to sacrifice the greater success of the team for his personal records, but I expect him to stay on the field to rack up stats in blowouts.

Users who are viewing this thread