What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (1 Viewer)

Tyler Lockett caught 1-of-2 targets for 38 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Eagles.

Lockett wasn't listed on the final injury report with his leg issue and played his normal allotment of snaps in this one. He actually led the team with his 38 receiving yards, but he was tied with a host of others for fourth on the team in targets. Wind played a factor in the passing game Sunday, but Lockett runs a ton of his routes close to the line of scrimmage. It just happened to be one of those down days for Lockett. He should rebound next week against the Vikings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well? What now? Hasn’t practice ed in days and plays Monday night. FML I already sat Golloday for Parker and now this...
Tyler Lockett (shin) was left off the final injury report ahead of Week 13.

Lockett can be fired up as a boom-or-bust WR2 on Monday Night Football. His shin injury didn't hold him back from playing his normal amount of snaps last week, but Lockett was slowed down by harsh playing conditions in Week 12. A home game with a 50-point over/under should get Lockett back on track.

SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter

Nov 30, 2019, 3:43 PM ET

Tyler Lockett (shin) was left off the final injury report ahead of Week 13.

Lockett can be fired up as a boom-or-bust WR2 on Monday Night Football. His shin injury didn't hold him back from playing his normal amount of snaps last week, but Lockett was slowed down by harsh playing conditions in Week 12. A home game with a 50-point over/under should get Lockett back on track.

SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter

Nov 30, 2019, 3:43 PM ET
Sure would be nice for Lockett to put up some points this week.   It's been a few weeks.   

I love how people are writing him off this week because of the 2 DNP, but yet he isn't on the injury report. 

He may be a WR2 but all it takes is that one time where Russ has to scramble and run around like he does to find Tyler open for a bomb.....that alone is worth the shot. 

How can anyone trust him next week? Nothing's changed really despite his season long numbers - they go long periods of completely ignoring him. Even Jaron Brown has a catch....

Wtf...crap like this is why this will be my last season playing ff.  Doesn't matter how much you prepare and strategize when a player/coach do something like this.

Seems pretty clear he's still hurt.  Dude was open on every play for 10 weeks and now he can't get half a step of separation.

Tyler Lockett failed to catch any of his three targets in the Seahawks' 37-30, Week 13 win over the Vikings Monday night.

Since his 13-152-2 day against the Bucs in Week 9, Lockett has amassed four catches for 64 scoreless yards on nine targets across three games and a bye. Playing time is not the issue here, as Lockett is on the field a ton in the slot. But the ball is not going his way for whatever reason. Perhaps his leg is an issue, but it hasn't been in practice, so that excuse would seem to be weak. If your Lockett teams made the fantasy playoffs, it's going to be insanely difficult to trust him off three horrible performances. But Lockett is capable of popping off any given Sunday. He'll draw the Rams as a highly volatile WR2/3 in Week 14.

always fades the last 6 games of the season. Check his past seasons. 

I have to decide between him and Duke Johnson for next week. Bleh.

Will Ramsey be on Lockett next week? Wasn't sure if he shadowed or even if they would just throw him on Metcalf given everything over the past few weeks. 

He is teetering in my lineup week 14 but if Ramsey is locked on him I am benching for sure. 

Will Ramsey be on Lockett next week? Wasn't sure if he shadowed or even if they would just throw him on Metcalf given everything over the past few weeks. 

He is teetering in my lineup week 14 but if Ramsey is locked on him I am benching for sure. 
I would think they would put Ramsey on one of the Seahawks more physically gifted receivers like Metcalf.  They might even let him cover Josh Gordon if he requests it.  Eric Weddle was covering Lockett on this touchdown when the Seahawks played the Rams in Week 5.

always fades the last 6 games of the season. Check his past seasons. 

I have to decide between him and Duke Johnson for next week. Bleh.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LockTy00/gamelog/

I don't see what you're seeing.

Last year he heard 19/411/3 in his final 6 games which is pace for 50/1096/8, which is very close to his actual end of season numbers.  

Are you talking about 2017 specifically?   2016 is the year he broke his leg, and he finished strong before that.  

Something must be off with him physically. Hard to imagine he goes from the go to guy to a complete decoy for the past few weeks.

Wilson missed him in the end zone once and completely missed him, as in not seeing him, on what could've been a long TD. Flu or not, if Russ isn't looking his way on any given Sunday... RIP.

Well, I've got to hope another week to recover gets him back to early season form, or that last night was mostly flu related. 

It's that, or start one of Fuller, Cooks, or Davis 😱

Just saw a post on Bloom's twitter that had Lockett quoted as saying, "I'm sick. I just want to go to bed."

I'm chalking this up to health.

The trend certainly is disturbing, but he was targeted in the endzone and Wilson also fired a deep one his way.

Lockett played more snaps than everyone except the OL and Wilson.  I am gonna start him again and hope Wilson targets him more.

Awesome to see the last of my receiving core go in the tank at the most important time of the year.  4 catches in 3 damn games ZERO in 2 of them, PATHETIC! That's a trend and I'll have no part of "hoping" he gets better. Not startable from here on out.

Awesome to see the last of my receiving core go in the tank at the most important time of the year.  4 catches in 3 damn games ZERO in 2 of them, PATHETIC! That's a trend and I'll have no part of "hoping" he gets better. Not startable from here on out.
Actually, it was ZERO in 1, not 2.  I would certainly consider him unstartable if he had only played a few snaps, but he played the whole game.  Yes, he has had 3 straight crap games, but I think the first 2 games were more injury related, and last night's game was more flu related.

I've seen enough to know that these QBs can throw to any WR whenever they want. So I blame Wilson. Same as when Cousins went away from Thielen last year after his tremendous start.

Lockett spent 2 nights in a hospital because of a leg injury a couple weeks ago.  Sounds like he narrowly escaped a major injury.  I'm surprised that most people seem to be diminishing that factor in affecting his performance.

I've seen enough to know that these QBs can throw to any WR whenever they want. So I blame Wilson. Same as when Cousins went away from Thielen last year after his tremendous start.
That’s what makes great QBs like Wilson great - not having to lock in on one guy.

After blowing up he's been doublepluss ungood the past few weeks. Can't trust him for the playoffs until he blows up again.

Sitting him for chark, edelman, and diggs.  Notably two of the guys listed (chark and diggs) have had three crap games out of the last four, just like lockett, so I hope someone blows up when it counts.

Some of you guys are benching one of the most hyper efficient WRs in football with a potential shootout next week? In the Fantasy Semis?

Ok Godspeed then..

Tool said:
Weird that he was sick and yet played most snaps
He wasn't sick then.   He was simply not part of the game plan.   Lockett is a really good WR.  I'm rolling with him since I don't really have much choice

Long Ball Larry said:
has the flu.  mostly being used as  decoy it looks like to me.
I think this is exactly what happened last night. He wasn't getting separation reliably and just looked off. He didn't look like the leg injury from a few weeks ago was hampering his stride, he just looked depleted.

It also doesn't help that he seemed to be completely off the field in clear run/12 formation plays. I can't say this is the case all season, but was clear that Lockett came off for the run plays last night.

I think he bounces back, but get that it's hard to trust performance. 

Users who are viewing this thread