What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashid Shaheed, NO (1 Viewer)

Listed as full practice today. With Olave a game-time decision and potentially out, Shaheed is an interesting potential replacement play if one is desperate a bit.

I am one of those desparate people, doesn't have a designation so looks good to go, need him to be returning kicks which would assume he would

I don't think he slides into Olave's spot necessarily, though he could. When Thomas went down, A.T. Perry moved into Thomas's spot.

So it's not a guarantee. I'm firing him up over some poor options.

I’m just sick I pulled him at the last minute. I have Nico in over him as some encouraging signs of him playing this week. Shaheed has been meh since he has come back and I shot myself in the foot I fear. Shoulda left him in but hindsight is always …

I’m just sick I pulled him at the last minute. I have Nico in over him as some encouraging signs of him playing this week. Shaheed has been meh since he has come back and I shot myself in the foot I fear. Shoulda left him in but hindsight is always …
He’s too boom / bust for the playoffs if you have good options.

I’m just sick I pulled him at the last minute. I have Nico in over him as some encouraging signs of him playing this week.

I did the same thing for the same reason. We can be sick together. As -OZ- notes, he really is boom/bust when you think about the playoffs. He's a good upside play if you need upside, which is why I'm kicking myself. I needed some otherworldly performances to advance given the injuries to my team, and he would have given one.

But all things constant, it wasn't a bad play to leave him on the bench if you have options.

I’m just sick I pulled him at the last minute. I have Nico in over him as some encouraging signs of him playing this week.

I did the same thing for the same reason. We can be sick together. As -OZ- notes, he really is boom/bust when you think about the playoffs. He's a good upside play if you need upside, which is why I'm kicking myself. I needed some otherworldly performances to advance given the injuries to my team, and he would have given one.

But all things constant, it wasn't a bad play to leave him on the bench if you have options.
I have options but they are gimpy options with Nico and no CJ. I’ll take my Pepto and pray Nico can play

Saints tendered WR Rashid Shaheed.
Shaheed is an exclusive rights free agent who will now return to the Saints on a one-year deal for $985k. The former UDFA made the team in 2022 and has spent two seasons with them, totaling 74 receptions for 1,207 yards and seven touchdowns over that span. In addition to his receiving prowess, Shaheed is also heavily utilized on special teams. He returned a combined 43 kicks and punts for 723 yards and one touchdown last season and has totaled 1,000 or more all-purpose yards in each of his first two years. After seeing 75 targets in 15 games last season, Shaheed should have a chance to offer meaningful contribution on offense next season and is well worth a late-round flyer in best ball drafts.

Dude has carved out a nice role for himself in his first 2 years, which is not easy as a UDFA. His ECR is WR61 and (too-early-to-tell) ADP is WR60 / 127th overall.

Good value atm. Could be a nice boom/bust Flex or bye week filler as your redraft WR4/WR5.
I had him last year and he was very frustrating to own. I don't think I ever played him when he had his boom weeks. I like the player but as a fantasy asset he is frustrating. Great for best ball. Not so great for lineup decision making.

Who knows? Maybe he gets a little more consistent this year and is worth a flex start most weeks or WR3 with weekly top 12 WR upsdie.

Dude has carved out a nice role for himself in his first 2 years, which is not easy as a UDFA. His ECR is WR61 and (too-early-to-tell) ADP is WR60 / 127th overall.

Good value atm. Could be a nice boom/bust Flex or bye week filler as your redraft WR4/WR5.
I had him last year and he was very frustrating to own. I don't think I ever played him when he had his boom weeks. I like the player but as a fantasy asset he is frustrating. Great for best ball. Not so great for lineup decision making.

Who knows? Maybe he gets a little more consistent this year and is worth a flex start most weeks or WR3 with weekly top 12 WR upsdie.

For sure. But I expect the progression to continue.

Y1 - 12 g 34 targets 298 snaps (42%)
Y2 - 15 g 75 targets 604 snaps (58%)

ATP is still raw; Wake Forest players are a bit like Tennessee, the offense is so different from anything in the NFL. Takes awhile to teach those guys things like precision landmarks & being the right depth on your routes.

Targets are earned, and I think Rashid will earn more than people are projecting rn.

Like Gabe Davis, I will consider him in my best ball league, but maybe higher.

For sure. But I expect the progression to continue.

Y1 - 12 g 34 targets 298 snaps (42%)
Y2 - 15 g 75 targets 604 snaps (58%)

ATP is still raw; Wake Forest players are a bit like Tennessee, the offense is so different from anything in the NFL. Takes awhile to teach those guys things like precision landmarks & being the right depth on your routes.

Targets are earned, and I think Rashid will earn more than people are projecting rn.
I agree that he should continue to improve and get more snaps and targets. I am a fan. Does the kick return action increase injury risk significantly?

AT Perry seems like a student of the game and could see an increase as well.

Users who are viewing this thread