What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (3 Viewers)

I know none of us know the full extent of the injury and such - but as bad as it looked, any change it lingers into next year?

few NFL players with access to the doctors they have are out a year for major injuries ....  they get the surgery, the medical attention etc they need to heal 

I mean look to the NBA and Paul George and the horrific broken leg injury ... and he's back, very good and in OKC chasing a ring

broken bones is one thing - all the ligament/tendon damage is another and I don't think we know the extent even of the damage? 

I finalized a trade for this guy on Friday last week  :kicksrock:

Same league, I traded for D. Parker earlier this year  :kicksrock:

I lost this week by .5 points  :kicksrock:

Earlier in the game they showed him crying into a towel on the sideline while the punter was standing behind him and consoling him. Anyone know what that was all about? It was way before the brutal ankle break injury.
I asked about that in the game thread; apparently before he broke his leg he was playing with a fractured (or dislocated?) finger. Didn’t want to get a shot or have them freeze it (with that spray stuff) because he thought numbing it would affect his ability to catch. Guess he was in a lot of pain.

FTR Brad Wing was his roommate at LSU & probably his best (only?) friend on the team.

Does anyone know what his initial prognosis is for next year? Is he expected to make a full recovery?
Full recovery way before training camp. The expert did say:

"The only thing that would alter that positive prognosis, Levitz said, is if there is damage to the syndesmotic ligament in the ankle as well.

“The ligament injury is worse and heals, but you can lose ankle motion or push-off strength,” Levitz said, “and only a few degrees is the difference between a special athlete and an ordinary athlete.”
So as of now, all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you all trade OBJ and a early 2nd for Kareem Hunt? in a dynasty league? 3rd place team.

Would you all trade OBJ and a early 2nd for Kareem Hunt? in a dynasty league? 3rd place team.
No.  Unless you are the type of owner that just doesn't want to root for OBJ on game day, but even then I'm guessing you can do better than this offer.  To me, OBJ is the type of player you just keep for a decade and just ride the highs (and lows, injuries, etc).

No.  Unless you are the type of owner that just doesn't want to root for OBJ on game day, but even then I'm guessing you can do better than this offer.  To me, OBJ is the type of player you just keep for a decade and just ride the highs (and lows, injuries, etc).
Yeah I'm with you.  OBJ is probably my favorite player. I offered Hunt for OBJ straight up. 

OBJ went from #1 dynastic pick pre-season to dung after the injury and if Eli is gone. What if Geno is the man next year?

ETA: :X

OBJ went from #1 dynastic pick pre-season to dung after the injury and if Eli is gone. What if Geno is the man next year?

The change had to come some time...

Friend of mine just traded for Engram (stretch run)... that pain is a little more immediate.

He won’t be. The word has been out for several weeks that the NYG scouts are looking at the top QBs in the 2018 draft. Faust posted a link somewhere.

Tex

Nothing about Geno's history suggests that he will be the man. If anything, the Giants just about announced they're interested in trading for the top pick to select a QB. 

A guy on the radio here in NYC just called in and  said he blew up the picture using some software, and said that’s a straw in Odell‘s hand, not a cigarette or a blunt. 

Is Roger Goodell more upset that OBJ was doing some blow or the fact that he had a Papa John’s pepperoni pizza?  :lmao:

I think that moron in charge has proven this won't even matter.

Perception matters.

He was smoking a blunt, w a broad doin rails of coke, eating a box of banned pizza.
When was he doing this? If he in the past used drugs, the league shouldn't be able to do anything if he's clean now. 

When was he doing this? If he in the past used drugs, the league shouldn't be able to do anything if he's clean now. 
the tape was released now.

past or not, he was an NFL player when this went down, and it's public domain now. He'll get punished.

I dont think he should. But he will.

I think that moron in charge has proven this won't even matter.

Perception matters.

He was smoking a blunt, w a broad doin rails of coke, eating a box of banned pizza.
He was smoking a swisher sweet, he had no idea what she was doing and he refused to eat the pizza. Not too mention it was before he entered the NFL.

OBJ is getting at least four games, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets longer because there is a video circulating around.  Bad image for the NFL, and they have come down hard over the last few years on these issues.

OBJ is getting at least four games, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets longer because there is a video circulating around.  Bad image for the NFL, and they have come down hard over the last few years on these issues.
Remind me of an incident like this happening and what the implications were. I can't remember any.

Remind me of an incident like this happening and what the implications were. I can't remember any.
Plenty of them.  Johnathan Babineaux was suspended for possessing marijuana.  

Other suspensions that come to mind: Tank Johnson, Big Ben, Tom Brady, Plaxico, Adrian Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread