What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ladd McConkey, LAC (3 Viewers)

This guy really dislikes McConkey. Read some of the comments section and of course watch the video for his ranking, start watch around the 9 minute mark. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8...QA2maz6kV1pV&ab_channel=DynastyLeagueFootball
Not sure I'd classify as really dislikes, yeah down on him but my main takeaway was just thinks doesn't have ton of upside to be a #1 like someone like Coleman. Seems like a reasonable take.

(good thing about that video is it's easy to scroll to the players interested in)
I heard low upside about Kupp too.
Would you draft him over Brooks in a 14 team PPR Dynasty must start 2RB / 3WR? Needing both WR and RB.
In a vacuum, I'd personally go McConkey in PPR. But I usually lean WR.

I think there are enough concerns on Brooks: Coming off the ACL, Carolina's bad offense/bad OL (which to be fair, they took steps to upgrade everything), that I have LM above him.

That being said, RB's are always inflated in rookie drafts. If you need a RB/feel like you have a hard time acquiring RB's in your league, it may be a good time to strike. I think he'll bounce back his 2nd year.

But, you could also potentially buy low. Savvy owners know a guy is going to be a little down coming off an ACL injury. But when it's a rookie having a down season, I think people are a little more prone to panic. Though, I've thought to myself many times, I'm going to buy low on a guy if he ever dips and his owner either won't come off of him or still expects top dollar trade value.

TL;DR: I would go LM, but if you have a strong need at RB, don't think it's incorrect or bad to go Brooks.
IMHO, I wouldn't fault anyone for taking any of about 8 different names between 1.03 to 1.10 this year ahead of any or all of the others. I know I am in the minority, but I am including Odunze in that list

This guy really dislikes McConkey. Read some of the comments section and of course watch the video for his ranking, start watch around the 9 minute mark. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8...QA2maz6kV1pV&ab_channel=DynastyLeagueFootball
Not sure I'd classify as really dislikes, yeah down on him but my main takeaway was just thinks doesn't have ton of upside to be a #1 like someone like Coleman. Seems like a reasonable take.

(good thing about that video is it's easy to scroll to the players interested in)
Would you draft him over Brooks in a 14 team PPR Dynasty must start 2RB / 3WR? Needing both WR and RB.

I think there are enough concerns on Brooks: Coming off the ACL, Carolina's bad offense/bad OL (which to be fair, they took steps to upgrade everything), that I have LM above him.

That being said, RB's are always inflated in rookie drafts. If you need a RB/feel like you have a hard time acquiring RB's in your league, it may be a good time to strike. I think he'll bounce back his 2nd year.

But, you could also potentially buy low. Savvy owners know a guy is going to be a little down coming off an ACL injury. But when it's a rookie having a down season, I think people are a little more prone to panic. Though, I've thought to myself many times, I'm going to buy low on a guy if he ever dips and his owner either won't come off of him or still expects top dollar trade value.

TL;DR: I would go LM, but if you have a strong need at RB, don't think it's incorrect or bad to go Brooks.
IMHO, I wouldn't fault anyone for taking any of about 8 different names between 1.03 to 1.10 this year ahead of any or all of the others. I know I am in the minority, but I am including Odunze in that list
Seems short sighted since he will be teaming up with the #1 overall pick as his QB. I get it for this year, but Allen is probably a 1-year rental at his cost. Doubt the Bears made these draft picks with the intent to be a run first offense. But who knows ultimately I guess?

Seems short sighted since he will be teaming up with the #1 overall pick as his QB. I get it for this year, but Allen is probably a 1-year rental at his cost. Doubt the Bears made these draft picks with the intent to be a run first offense. But who knows ultimately I guess?
People said the same thing about Lockett last year only being there a year for JSN and then he restructured. :shrug:Bears are top 10 in cap space next year too with a projected nearly $100MM available to spend. I am not saying I would do it, but I certainly wouldn't fault someone going with a few of those names ahead of Odunze (realistically I am sure he ends up at least the 1.03 in most 1QB leagues.)

IMO that is a fugly room on paper.

So your thesis is that they will be so bad at running Harbaugh will cave to the pass more than the consensus expects?

Certainly plausible.
I think Edwards is serviceable and who knows where Dobbins is at. Vidal is a dart throw. I don't think any of them are that attractive for fantasy on the surface, thus the fugly RB room reference.

IMO that is a fugly room on paper.

So your thesis is that they will be so bad at running Harbaugh will cave to the pass more than the consensus expects?

Certainly plausible.
I think Edwards is serviceable and who knows where Dobbins is at. Vidal is a dart throw. I don't think any of them are that attractive for fantasy on the surface, thus the fugly RB room reference.
Definitely wouldn't want to rely on any of them for much in FF. I don't know that you'd want to spend an initial roster spot on any them besides the ex-Ravens.

Having just picked up an orphan with the 1.02 and 2.02, I’ve started watching tape on the higher end WRs ( my other teams are in win now with no early draft picks ). Man, I’m itching to own this guy, he just looks like he has ‘it’. I’ll be hoping I can grab MHJ and Mcconkey with my two picks.

Having just picked up an orphan with the 1.02 and 2.02, I’ve started watching tape on the higher end WRs ( my other teams are in win now with no early draft picks ). Man, I’m itching to own this guy, he just looks like he has ‘it’. I’ll be hoping I can grab MHJ and Mcconkey with my two picks.
If it is SuperFlex I can see you getting MHjr at 1.02, not so sure McConkey at 2.02 in any format, but it is possible in SF. If it's start 1qb league I don't see it possible get either at those two positions.

If it is SuperFlex I can see you getting MHjr at 1.02, not so sure McConkey at 2.02 in any format, but it is possible in SF. If it's start 1qb league I don't see it possible get either at those two positions.

Yeah it’s SF. Going to resist trying to move up, can’t fall in love with players too badly. Perfectly fine with Benson, McConkey, possibly even Coleman in that range. Coleman is a risk but he COULD hit big.

I’d expect the 6 QBs to go
Bowers
3 WRs

Is 10

Then it’s 3 from Worthy, BTJ, Brooks, McConkey, Benson and maybe even Coleman and Lagette. Despite this orphan being okay at QB - Kyler/Purdy/Minshew/Levis I’d take Caleb at 1.02 if it came to it and I’d consider Penix/Nix at 2.02 as I think Penix will retain value and if Nix starts okay either could be recycled for a ‘25 1st

Yeah it’s SF. Going to resist trying to move up, can’t fall in love with players too badly. Perfectly fine with Benson, McConkey, possibly even Coleman in that range. Coleman is a risk but he COULD hit big.

I’d expect the 6 QBs to go
Bowers
3 WRs

Is 10

Then it’s 3 from Worthy, BTJ, Brooks, McConkey, Benson and maybe even Coleman and Lagette. Despite this orphan being okay at QB - Kyler/Purdy/Minshew/Levis I’d take Caleb at 1.02 if it came to it and I’d consider Penix/Nix at 2.02 as I think Penix will retain value and if Nix starts okay either could be recycled for a ‘25 1st

I just did what i would consider an expert superflex draft (all guys that take this very seriously and have been together for 30 years). McCarthy, Maye and Nix all fell into the 2nd round

I have been flip flopping this guy and Thomas. I can't make up my mind.
I just took him 1.6 in a 1QB FFPC over Thomas and Worthy.
What things led to this decision?
Some folks talking up his elite separation abilities and how that should translate to early NFL success/volume. Obvious open opportunity to be Herbert's number 1 target, and sooner rather than later.

I also own M. Brown, so the diversification away from another KC player added to it. Don't particularly love Worthy's size, and have recency bias from getting burnt by Skyy Moore in the first 2 years ago in another league.

As for passing on Thomas, it was probably a combo of relative comp for targets/touches in that Jax O, plus my overall underwhelming feelings towards that passing game (last season, from being a Ridley dynasty owner) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread