What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR John Metchie III, HOU (2 Viewers)

Is Metchie going to amount to anything this year in a 12 teamer?
I have him as a hold right now. His usage is still suspect with Nico Collins and 31 yo Robert Woods ahead of him on pecking order (currently)
And Dalton Schultz is a good target for Rookie QB, but QB does have a good arm and Metchie has some chemistry with Stroud.

Noah Brown (from Dallas last year) had 2 bad drops in preseason games. They both looked bad - hit him in the hands. I don't know how staff looked at it, but I moved him down on it. Nathanial Dell looks like he is making strides too for preseason. But some of that is Rookie has to show to stay in the game vs other rookie matchups.
I don't see R Woods staying at the top with all the speed/youth/talent behind him.

I really liked Xavier Hutchinson prior to NFL Draft (6.28). I thought he would go early 3rd so what do I know.

Nico, Brown, and Woods have all not met expectations recently so Metchie is a real good hold.

The Texans continue to look like an expansion team long after entering the league. Demeco is going to change that for sure. I wouldn't get attached to these guys they drafted in the expansion draft

Texans WR John Metchie (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.
Metchie suffered a hamstring injury early in the offseason but was cleared ahead of training camp. It looks like he may have re-aggravated the issue, though it’s possible the two injuries are unrelated. Either way, a DNP to open the week puts him on the wrong side of questionable for now. With a limited number of practice reps under his belt, Metchie will be stuck behind Nico Collins and Noah Brown on Houston’s depth chart to open the year.

John Metchie (hamstring) was limited in Thursday’s practice.
Metchie has been limited in each of the Texans’ first two practices to open the week, and could be trending toward making his NFL debut in Week 2 against the Texans. It’s possible Metchie is listed as the team’s starting slot receiver on the unofficial depth chart, and could be in line for immediate playing time with Noah Brown now on injured reserve. Brown led all Texans with 29 snaps from the slot last week.

What does everyone think, can we cut him in deep dynasty leagues? I assume everyone else has already cut bait.

He has draft capital on his side but seems to be buried on the depth chart.

I would be looking to pick up Emari Demercado, RB 3 for the cardinals if i cut Metchie.

What does everyone think, can we cut him in deep dynasty leagues? I assume everyone else has already cut bait.

I would be looking to pick up Emari Demercado, RB 3 for the cardinals if i cut Metchie.
I've got him as my WR9 on a 25 man dynasty roster. Bought him for a future 4th + Kyle Philips during cutdowns this past offseason, and I'm fine if I end up holding him all year just to see. We don't have taxi squads in my league but that'd be where I'd have him if we did. If something were to magically appear on the wire he'd likely be my first cut candidate but waivers are bare anyway (Demercado is gone, for example) so I'm fine holding and seeing how the Houston WR depth chart ends up shaking out.

Did this exact move.

I still like Metchie for deep dynasty leagues but it may not happen for him this year. Think of him as the long-term replacement for Woods.

But the former second-round pick is still shaking off some rust as he prepares for the 2023 season, which general manager Nick Caserio acknowledged this week.

“He’s worked really hard. I’d say he also looks like a player who hasn’t played football in 18 months, so when you miss that amount of time it just sometimes takes maybe a little bit longer," Caserio admitted.

"It’s a great story like no question about it, but okay now there has to be some kind of tangible football production behind it," Caserio said. "I would say a player like that, there is probably a chance that he’s going to be a little bit better six to eight weeks down the road than maybe he is now."

I was surprised he was just cut in a couple of my 16 team deep dynasty leagues. Came here to see what others were saying.

Seems like Metchie is the odd man out in Houston now with Noah Brown's emergence. I'd hoped for him to be the Robert Woods replacement but looks like it'll be Tank, Nico, and Noah going forward and Schultz is performing well at TE. I've been holding Metchie (even traded a late pick for him) in a 25 roster spot dynasty team, but I think if anything else emerges on the wire or someone gets dropped I want, Metchie is holding that last bench spot and would be my first cut.

Very disappointing. I know what happened last season, and maybe this first year back is a lost season, but I had high hopes for him. He has the pedigree.

Seems like Metchie is the odd man out in Houston now with Noah Brown's emergence. I'd hoped for him to be the Robert Woods replacement but looks like it'll be Tank, Nico, and Noah going forward and Schultz is performing well at TE. I've been holding Metchie (even traded a late pick for him) in a 25 roster spot dynasty team, but I think if anything else emerges on the wire or someone gets dropped I want, Metchie is holding that last bench spot and would be my first cut.

Very disappointing. I know what happened last season, and maybe this first year back is a lost season, but I had high hopes for him. He has the pedigree.

Redraft? Noah Brown is in Year 7 and I don't see him a sa long term solution
If you have Mitchie in Dyansty, you gotta love the QB he is hooked with. But he doesn't have the explosiveness of Tank Dell so he will have a specific role on this team but it will never be alpha-1 IMHO. He can be a 2 or a 3 on this team, depends on what Nico does rest of the year.

Ended up acquiring Jakobi Meyers so Metchie is odd man out and had to make a cut. Might be able to get him back off waivers but if I can't then I wish him godspeed.

Users who are viewing this thread