What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ja’Lynn Polk, NE (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
@NFLGameDay
How many WRs will go in the first round? 👀

Peter Schrager
DJ knows my feelings. Ja’Lynn Polk is risinggggg. 🤫
https://x.com/pschrags/status/1777875327554859087?s=61Jim Nagy
I sat with all the NFL scouts timing 40's at Combine and based off convos that day I knew teams were much higher on Polk than media.

Last edited:
SAL VETRI
Ja’Lynn Polk was a member of Washington’s elite WR room.

A room that consisted of 3 future NFL receivers -
including projected Top-10 pick Rome Odunze.

Despite this elite competition, Polk produced at a high level the past 2 seasons…

His best year was 2023 - he posted over 1100 yards & 9 TDs.

Polk is best-known for his elite downfield skillset from ball tracking to reliable hands.

He probably has the best hands in this entire class.

As for the downsides...

Polk ran a limited route tree & his blocking needs work.

But at 6’4 & 205 pounds he has a unique body type for the NFL.

Polk has shades of Packers WR Romeo Doubs to his game.

He’s projected to be a 3rd round pick...

Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

JA’LYNN POLK, Washington (6-1 ½, 204, 4.45, 3): Caught 28 passes as a true freshman at Texas Tech in 2020 before moving on to Washington from 2021-’23. “Smart, tough, great body control,” one scout said. “Really, really good hands. Good speed, not elite. But he knows how to play the game.” Made clutch catches as the Huskies’ No. 2 threat behind Rome Odunze. “Very physical,” said a second scout. “He’s almost like Jarvis Landry. He’s that competitive. I love the (bleep) out of him.” Caught 143 passes for 2,231 (15.6) and eight TDs. “I like him as a fourth-fifth receiver and special-teams player with low-end starter’s upside maybe in a couple years,” a third scout said. “If he’s on your team he’s active on game day. He can play inside and outside. Outstanding contested catch catcher. He’s a dog and will be good on special teams.” From Lufkin, Texas. “I didn’t see him win a lot on his own,” a fourth scout said. “I saw a lot of the offense schemed up for him. He’s a Day 2 player but there are questions about his route running, his ability to separate and his ability to win against press coverage.”

The 33rd Team
Ja'Lynn Polk's scouting report via @gregcosell

New England got a WEAPON 🫡

STRENGTHS:

- Location versatile within the offensive formation. Can line up with multiple splits outside and inside.

- Smooth, linear route runner with deceptive vertical separation ability to get out on top of corners.

- Showed excellent body control to make tough catches away from his frame. Has body contortion and extension.

- Made tough contested catches vs. excellent coverage. Made hands catches with high-level concentration.

- Late hands-on fades and vertical routes prevented corners from reacting to the throw. Has fast hands.

- Tracked deep balls with excellent focus. Strong, soft hands to pluck the ball out of the air. Finishes deep catches well.

- Caught the ball easily with a large catch radius. Scheme and position versatile with inside and slot experience.

- Showed some flashes of quickness as route runner and run after catch, but you want to see more.

WEAKNESSES:

- Not sudden or explosive in his movement. Too measured and methodical. Needs more burst into stem-routes.

- Unrefined route runner: No QB indicators, too loose and muddled at top of stem. Did not burst out of breaks.

- Tendency to be a little too mechanical as a route runner. Did not show fluidity and suddenness.

- Overall more of a one-speed receiver. Did not show an extra gear with the ball in the air as a vertical receiver.

- Rarely faced press coverage in Washington’s offense, so that will be a question that needs to be answered.

- There will be legitimate questions regarding his ability to separate and win vs. quality man-to-man coverage.

BOTTOM LINE:

"My sense is there is more to Polk as he continues to develop with his strong foundation of excellent hands and his outstanding ability to make tough contested catches away from his frame. Plus, it is evident from the tape that he plays with a physical edge and can function effectively through contact. The more I watched Polk, the more I thought of Jakobi Meyers, who has become a quality WR. Their height/weight profile is almost identical. Meyers went undrafted after catching 92 passes in his final season at North Carolina State.

Polk can be a higher-level contributor in a well-schemed pass game, and it would not surprise me if he became a volume target depending on the team and the offensive coordinator."

Users who are viewing this thread