What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DK Metcalf, SEA (1 Viewer)

Plays in prime time tonight against a weak defense in a likely high scoring affair. After showing out in prime time in his last game too right now may be the last chance to buy him for anything less than randy moss in his prime on the vikings type prices.

I am rooting for a bad game even though I have several shares just to maybe give one last buying opportunity where I don't already have him, but I have a feeling he becomes completely untouchable after today. 
Woof

DK Metcalf caught 2-of-5 targets for 23 yards in Week 7 against the Cardinals.

This was a down game for Metcalf, but he had one of the plays of the night on a touchdown-saving tackle after a Russell Wilson interception. It's the first time Metcalf has had fewer than 90 yards this season. Metcalf took a backseat to Tyler Lockett, who went off for 200 yards on 15 catches. The Seahawks will look to get Metcalf back on track for a Week 8 matchup with the 49ers.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:33 AM ET

Folks will be talking about that run-down tackle for some time, and deservedly so. Probably even more so if the Seahawks managed to win the game, because that was a huge swing.

In any event, the kid really vindicated himself after his Leon Lett impersonation from a few weeks back.

So as I watch DeKaylin Zecharius Metcalf beast in the 1st half of this game vs. the Niners, it made me wonder: Has anyone actually posted his infamous 3 Cone Drill in this thread? If not, here you go.

https://twitter.com/brettkollmann/status/1102799455516938240

Brett Kollmann @BrettKollmann

Since apparently nobody actually watched DK Metcalf's "terrible" 3-cone, here it is. Foot slipped on his plant on first cone, and then on the last cone he broke down too early, which caused him to take two extra steps (and slip again). It was a technique problem - nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Frankman said:
So as I watch DeKaylin Zecharius Metcalf beast in the 1st half of this game vs. the Niners, it made me wonder: Has anyone actually posted his infamous 3 Cone Drill in this thread? If not, here you go.

https://twitter.com/brettkollmann/status/1102799455516938240

Yeah man I only like studs throwing up 40 burgers who ran their 3 cone in less than 7 seconds. 

Hehehe yeah I tried to tell people he slipped on it but they didn't want to hear it. I tried to say he is an elite blocker on a run first team that is going to step in as the X receiver on day 1. And that if they ever move away from run 1st watch out. 

Today was fun. 

So as I watch DeKaylin Zecharius Metcalf beast in the 1st half of this game vs. the Niners, it made me wonder: Has anyone actually posted his infamous 3 Cone Drill in this thread?
Have they posted this one?

-------------------------------------------

🎥 👉   DK Metcalf draft vid  👈

JB@Jome253

I’ve never seen this video of

@minakimes

after the #Seahawks drafted DK Metcalf, but it is hilarious!

----------------------------------------------

It is pretty funny and a great call by Mina Kimes, she called it.

DK METCALF WR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Rams CB Jalen Ramsay said he won't shadow D.K. Metcalf in Week 10. 

"I'm sure I'll guard him. I'm sure I'll guard probably all of their receivers at some point in the game," Ramsey said Friday. Metcalf this season has run 53 percent of his routes from the left side of the formation, 14 percent from the slot, and 33 percent from the left side. We could see Ramsey switch from Metcalf to Tyler Lockett in Sunday's matchup. Both Seattle receivers are elite fantasy starts, as per usual. 

RELATED: 

Jalen Ramsey

, Tyler Lockett

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Nov 13, 2020, 2:11 PM ET

Metcalf this season has run 53 percent of his routes from the left side of the formation, 14 percent from the slot, and 33 percent from the left side.
Proofreading for the win, Jourdan...

DK Metcalf caught 10-of-13 targets for 177 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Eagles Monday night.

It was Metcalf's second double-digit catches game of the season, and the 177 yards marked a new career best. And most of the damage came against stud No. 1 CB Darius Slay. Metcalf's night could have been even bigger, but he dropped what should have been a 22-yard touchdown in the end zone when Slay fell down late on the play. Metcalf was also tackled at the one-yard line earlier in the night on a 52-yard deep bomb down the middle. Metcalf has five 100-yard games on the year and nine scores as an every-week WR1. He gets a Week 13 date with James Bradberry and the Giants.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
D.K. Metcalf caught 5-of-6 targets for 43 yards in Seattle's Week 15 win over Washington.

Metcalf also exited for a brief period in the first half with a hamstring injury. He still finished with a team-high 43 receiving yards, recording three of his five receptions on a single drive in the third quarter. His box score would have been better had Russell Wilson not sailed him on an end zone target in the first half, too. Although this performance wasn't one that fantasy players had in mind, Metcalf will still rank as a top-10 option in Week 16 against the Rams.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

DK Metcalf caught 6-of-8 targets for 59 yards in the Seahawks' Week 16 win over the Rams.

Metcalf paced Seattle in targets, catches, and yards on a day Russell Wilson threw for just 225 yards. Metcalf has failed to reach 100 yards in four straight games and has just one touchdown in that span with the Seattle offense sputtering to close out the year. But he's a high-upside WR1/2 every time he takes the field ahead of a Week 17 date with the 49ers.

Dec 27, 2020, 7:49 PM ET

DK Metcalf caught 5-of-11 targets for 96 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' Wild Card loss to the Rams. 

Metcalf was the only Seahawk to clear 50 yards receiving in a breathtakingly awful offensive effort. He was also the intended target on a screen that ended up a 42-yard Darious Williams pick six. Metcalf's first score was a 51-yarder on a broken play. He was not in Jalen Ramsey's coverage. The second was a 12-yarder where Metcalf was quicker than Ramsey near the goal line. As was the case with the Seahawks' entire offense, Metcalf's production plummeted in the second half of the season. He went 68/788/8 in games 1-8 compared to 40/515/2 for 9-16. The latter is still a strong pace, of course, but not compared to Metcalf's All-Pro first half. As it is, his 1,303 yards were seventh in the league. His 10 scores, tied for eighth with teammate Tyler Lockett. Uncontainable down the sideline, 6-foot-4 Metcalf is improving in the other areas of the field, too. He will deserve a top-five, and arguably top-three, receiver rank for 2021. 

Jan 9, 2021, 8:41 PM ET

DK Metcalf said Seattle opponents "figured out" the Seahawks' offensive formula during the 2020 season. 

"We've been running deep pass, ever since (coach) Pete (Carroll) got there," Metcalf said. "Play-action. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, go deep. Teams just said, 'We're just not gonna let you all go deep.'" Metcalf was being polite in assessing how toothless the Seahawks' offense had become by the season's final month and a half -- a shadow of the outrageously productive offense of the regular season's first six weeks. Metcalf still managed to become the first Seattle wideout ever to record 1,300 receiving yards in a season, mostly on the strength of a nearly 800 yard first half of the regular season. Metcalf and the rest of Seattle's offense cooled off from there thanks to the team reverting to their run-heavy ways. Seattle's yards per play plummeted from a league-leading 6.6 in the season's first half to 5.1 in the second half. Head coach Pete Carroll, after firing offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, said the team would look to further establish the run in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Russell Wilson

SOURCE: NFL.com 

Jan 26, 2021, 9:01 AM ET

Definitely have some concern heading into next year for his trajectory if Carroll is really insistent on running the ball a lot more and still having to share targets with Lockett, et al. Hopefully they can expand Metcalf's route tree so that he's not so long ball dependent, even if it means is YPR comes down.

Seahawks WR D.K. Metcalf will compete at the USATF Golden Games in the 100-meter dash on Sunday.

Metcalf (6'4/228) ran a 4.33 40-yard dash at his combine and more recently reached an estimated speed of 22.64 miles per hour during his infamous chase-down tackle of S Budda Baker, the action which prompted him to compete, on SNF. He didn't participate in track and field at Ole Miss but was a sprinter and hurdler in prep school. To automatically qualify for the Olympics Trials, Metcalf would need to achieve a time of 10.05 seconds.  The event will be available live on NBC on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET.

SOURCE: NBC Sports

May 3, 2021, 5:34 PM ET

I'd be interested to see that. So many times we hear about these guys and their speed, but sprinter shape is a different kind of shape and body type altogether. 

If anybody can pull it off, though. 

He has a higher chance of a debilitating injury playing football, as long as he warms up properly and hydrates he'll be fine.
I'd like to agree with you, but when sprinters pull muscles, those last a long time. And they can get torn. Witness them jumping around the track after their hammy goes off and they look like they've been shot by a sniper or something. 

It's not pretty. 

D.K. Metcalf caught 4-of-5 targets for 60 yards and one score in Seattle's 28-16 Week 1 win over the Colts.

All five of Metcalf's targets came in the second half as Tyler Lockett (4/100/2) helped the Seahawks take a 21-10 lead into the intermission with 23- and 69-yard touchdowns. Although Metcalf was headed for a disappointing finish before his 15-yard score in the fourth quarter, Seattle's offensive creativity in OC Shane Waldron's debut paints a bright picture for both Metcalf's short- and long-term outlook this year. He'll remain a strong WR1 in Week 2 against the Vikings.

DK Metcalf caught 6-of-9 targets for 107 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 3 loss to the Vikings.

Metcalf had watched Lockett explode for consecutive 100-yard games to open the year while staying quiet outside of a Week 1 touchdown. The script was flipped this week with Lockett being held to 31 yards and Metcalf going off. Despite playing the entire second half from behind, the Seahawks only attempted 32 passes which was still a season-high for them. As long as their passing volume remains low, Wilson may struggle to support two WR1s every week. That means the guessing game between Metcalf and Lockett is ongoing. Both players have an obvious upside worth chasing heading into their Week 4 matchup with the 49ers.

DK Metcalf caught 4-of-8 targets for 65 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 4 win over the 49ers.

Metcalf got off to a hot start, scoring the first touchdown of the game within a few minutes of kickoff, but wasn't able to keep up the pace throughout the contest. After taking an early lead, the Seahawks established the run and finished the game with more rush attempts than passes. Combined with an already slow playstyle, Metcalf and the rest of the Seattle pass-catchers were always going to struggle in a game like this. Wilson and the entire Seattle passing attack will look to rebound in a closer game versus the Rams on Thursday. Metcalf remains in the WR1 conversation despite Pete Carroll's indifference toward scoring loads of points.

DK Metcalf caught 5-of-5 targets for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' Week 5 loss to the Rams. 

Metcalf matched his season low for targets while seeing a heavy dose of Jalen Ramsey but nevertheless escaped with his biggest fantasy output of the year. Touchdown No. 1 was a 19-yard strike from Russell Wilson in soft Ramsey coverage. No. 2 was a 23-yarder from Geno Smith where Metcalf put Robert Rochell in an end zone spin cycle. In between, Metcalf finished several catches like he was Vontaze Burfict, punishing his tacklers with extreme physicality. Metcalf has yet to truly go off this season but has been posting consistent WR1 numbers. Wilson's (finger) health will be a massive Week 6 storyline, but Metcalf can be trusted against the Steelers.

Users who are viewing this thread