What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (1 Viewer)

Not sure what to do with him now. Is he an auto start to you guys?
No way is he auto start. He has 99 yards on 9 freaking catches in last 4 games. He is now an injury waiting to happen on top of it. Trust me I have had to endure this turd & he screwed my season once again.

No way is he auto start. He has 99 yards on 9 freaking catches in last 4 games. He is now an injury waiting to happen on top of it. Trust me I have had to endure this turd & he screwed my season once again.
Counterpoint, healthy Kupp has 1 bad game (Pittsburgh in week 7) with healthy Stafford since week 3 of last season.

He's had an unlucky month. Stafford got hurt, then the Rypien game, then Kupp gets hurt coming out of the bye. He practiced all but 1 day (the least important day) and he went for 7-148-1 against this same Cardinals defense in week 6.

I'm looking at Kupp as a low-end WR1 this week.

Counterpoint, healthy Kupp has 1 bad game (Pittsburgh in week 7) with healthy Stafford since week 3 of last season.

He's had an unlucky month. Stafford got hurt, then the Rypien game, then Kupp gets hurt coming out of the bye. He practiced all but 1 day (the least important day) and he went for 7-148-1 against this same Cardinals defense in week 6.

I'm looking at Kupp as a low-end WR1 this week.
But how do we know he’s healthy? That’s the problem.

What are your options? Right now I am sitting him for Dell but feel a little queasy about it.

My PPR options are Bijan Robinson going up against a tough New Orleans D and Chase who lost his QB.

What are your options? Right now I am sitting him for Dell but feel a little queasy about it.

My PPR options are Bijan Robinson going up against a tough New Orleans D and Chase who lost his QB.

That's a tough one. I think I would stick with Kupp, but Bijan is hard to bench. I'd wait and see how Chase (and the whole offense) does with the new QB before starting him, although I expect Chase will be better than people think. I recommend asking your question in the who should I start thread:

That's a tough one. I think I would stick with Kupp, but Bijan is hard to bench. I'd wait and see how Chase (and the whole offense) does with the new QB before starting him, although I expect Chase will be better than people think. I recommend asking your question in the who should I start thread:

Thanks so much! I've narrowed it down between Kupp and Chase and will ask the question in who to start link you've provided.

Two Words : Rocco Baldelli

LOT of smoke from a couple directions that Kupp may have complicating condition that would effectively crater his Dynasty value and add not insignificant risk in redraft.

Not sure what that looks like... Nacua a hard(er) buy in dynasty

Averaging 4.4 PPR PPG over the last 5 games. Kupp is (and has been) hurt.

Guys like Kupp don't just fall off a cliff, obv. he's injured. With Rams still in it and Stafford playing better if he can get healthy could see him having a nice finish to the season.

Guys like Kupp don't just fall off a cliff, obv. he's injured. With Rams still in it and Stafford playing better if he can get healthy could see him having a nice finish to the season.
Actually guys like Kupp fall of the cliff a lot after turning 30. See Julio Jones and A.J. Green.
depends what you mean by cliff, decline really happened over a couple years, if look at career stats both had injury impacted seasons but performance those years was decent when they played.

Kupp makes me sad. Him and Puka are both falling off at the same time and anyone who drafted Kupp probably needs a strong finish from him if they’re going to have any hope of winning their leagues.

The entire offense seems to run through Kyren now. Kudos to anyone who owns Kyren.

Kupp makes me sad. Him and Puka are both falling off at the same time and anyone who drafted Kupp probably needs a strong finish from him if they’re going to have any hope of winning their leagues.

The entire offense seems to run through Kyren now. Kudos to anyone who owns Kyren.
In the ieague where I have Kupp I also have Kyren. :shrug:

Not sure I’d compare Puka to Kupp this season based off one game.

Puka is not falling off. Stafford doesn’t know how to distribute the ball with both of them. Puka puts up yards without kupp

Is Kupp going to play next week?
Be shocked if he didn't. He should be quite a bit healthier with another week, and even if he's something of a decoy like he was this week, his presence alone commands defensive attention.

I'm not super excited about starting him this week, though I'm not auto-benching him, but I still think if you get to that Was/NO/NYG stretch from week 15-17 he could be a big difference maker if healthy.

As for this week, I'd probably be looking at him as a WR3, with TD based WR2 upside if the Browns offense has trouble staying on the field with all their injuries.

benching him this week in favor of Thielen or Puka... not sure which, but Kupp is firmly planted on my bench until further notice.

Now that I benched Kupp for Kirk this week, I want to say, “you’re welcome” to those of you who are starting him, since he will inevitably go off for 30 fantasy points.

I benched him last week but have to start him this week because a lot of my other WRs are on bye. I'll see how he does this week before deciding what to do for the rest of the year.

Trying to find some quotes from Kupp himself for any insight or hint to what may be going on.

Can't find any.

Matt Harmon @MattHarmon_BYB

Many factors at play regarding Cooper Kupp's recent statistical slump, but this is a big one. Percentage of Kupp's targets to come on designed plays" per
@FantasyPtsData:
2021: 12.3%
2022: 23.7%
2023: 4.2%
Since Week 5, 19% of Puka Nacua's targets have come on designed plays.

This is pretty easy to explain.
In 2021 he was playing at a historic level - second-best success rate vs. zone in #ReceptionPerception history.
In 2022 pummeling production to Kupp was the only thing that worked...and the offense was bad.
In 2023 neither of those is true.

so doesn't appear he's falling off a cliff... if he's healthy and Stafford stays healthy could have a nice stretch run, pretty good schedule rest of the way too. (prob too late for team i have him in but oh well.)

Yeah, let’s hope my early second round pick pays dividends when I need it the most.

I will say he’s solid but the player that was dominant is gone.

The one team I have Kupp on snuck into the playoffs, despite Ekeler/Kupp being my 1st and 3rd picks (thanks Kyren and Pittman) so I think it'd be really cool if those guys came through when it mattered most.

Kupp's schedule is gorgeous, maybe the best of any WR going forward. Was/NO/NYG.

Users who are viewing this thread