What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (1 Viewer)

I'm sure he's not walking in to 11.5 targets per game like in 2021-2022, but I thought it was interesting that Stafford is throwing 6-7 more pass attempts per game compared to those seasons. Kupp needed a 31+ percent target share to hit those target numbers before, whereas 27-28% would get him there if the current pace holds up.

The rams don't look like a team interested in becoming more run heavy. I think there's a world that Kupp, Puka, and even Tutu all continue to be relevant even without injury.

McVay says he's got no specific limitations on Kupp's workload, and they'll be communicating with Kupp throughout the game as to how he feels and his in-game workload.

Encouraging news.

What's McVay's history with injuries? Cautious? Or no?
I have not studied McVey enough to say anything for sure.

I can point to 2 examples that tell part of this story.

I would say based on the information I have read in this thread that he has been cautious with Kupp. They have committed a lot of guaranteed money to Kupp, so it is in their best interest to not risk Kupps health by playing him too much or too soon. He has said Kupp has been pushing him and the team to play, but they have taken precautions to protect him, even against Kupps wishes.

With Kyren Williams he has played him 100% of the offensive snaps and had him return punts as well while Williams had a minor injury he was playing through at the same time, and the Rams have cut their back up to Williams as well.

I would call doing that to be borderline reckless. But Williams is a RB with no guarunteed money, so he treats him differently.

Kupp was traded for a projected late 2nd and late 3rd 2024 picks a couple weeks ago in 1 of my dynasty leagues. It is hard to understand some of the trades people make in dynasty but I sure wish I had known I could have got him for that.

Kupp was traded for a projected late 2nd and late 3rd 2024 picks a couple weeks ago in 1 of my dynasty leagues. It is hard to understand some of the trades people make in dynasty but I sure wish I had known I could have got him for that.
Yeah, I wouldn’t have given him up for less than a top half of the 1st round pick in SF. That’s crazy low even with the injuries.

Ooofaa…

What an awful trade. Not even early in the rounds as if it would matter

Looks like someone bought into the rumor that he would never walk again.

Dynasty. No PPR. I was just offered Kupp for Stevenson and a Mid 2024 2nd round pick from a team that is 1-3. I am a contender and am missing ARSB, Higgins, and DJohnson this week. I am deeeeep at RB with CMC, Barkley, Henry, Etienne, JJacobs, and Javonte Williams so I am going to accept the deal. Might be giving up a little much, but don't want Kupp going to another contender.

Two Words : Rocco Baldelli

LOT of smoke from a couple directions that Kupp may have complicating condition that would effectively crater his Dynasty value and add not insignificant risk in redraft.

Not sure what that looks like... Nacua a hard(er) buy in dynasty
Had a friend call me and ask me about this last week and I told him that not a single credible source is reporting any such thing.

Can you cite a credible source that proves what I told my friend is wrong?

One of the top names in the fantasy analytics world posted about it in a private discord.

When pressed he said details MAY come out Friday, but he heard it independently from two different sources who would know, and who he trusted.

He stressed it wasn't a sure thing but felt two good sources saying the same thing d from different directions was enough to warrant consideration.
Thanks and you are not giving me any reason to not feel very confident in the info I relayed to my friend.

The source I'm talking to is arguably on the Mount Rushmore of Fantasy football analysts but hey... make your own calls. That's the reason I shared the info. Once a "reputable source" goes public with it... it's too late.

This guy said maybe no impact on redraft this year but definitely an uptick on risk.

I have him and am starting him in redraft, but long term / dynasty Im personally very very cold on him.

Time will tell. 🤙🏼

Who
Looks like someone bought into the rumor that he would never walk again

Who was making that claim? 😂

Quiet in here. Two games back, over 100 yards in both. Statlines look great, usage awesome. I don't get to see Rams games generally so just curious for anyone who sees their games, does he "look" full strength and power, any lingering doubts or issues?

Quiet in here. Two games back, over 100 yards in both. Statlines look great, usage awesome. I don't get to see Rams games generally so just curious for anyone who sees their games, does he "look" full strength and power, any lingering doubts or issues?
Let's not jinx it
Had to wait almost 5 weeks after drafting him with no real mention that he might miss the first month of the season
It was likely the best thing he ever did was to just shut it down for a month and start over.

Happy for Kupp
Happy for Me
:thumbup:

-As was pointed out to me yesterday Kupp-9 targets to Puca-7 so he's been good at producing but it's not like he gets ALL the targets in Los Angeles, and that's a good thing as well.
Let's not wear him out before the end of the season and FF playoffs

He looks great.

I should mention, though, that he did tweak his left ankle during the game yesterday on an end zone target. The Rams kicked a FG on the next play, but Kupp spent the ensuing defensive series getting his ankle re-taped on the sidelines. He was "working through it" in between snaps. I didn't see him miss any time and he scored his TD and had the long reception after getting re-taped, so I don't think there is any real issue for him.

What am I supposed to do with this bum?
Great question.

I traded for him 2 weeks ago and he has put up 2 absolutely awful weeks.

What is it?
Not fully healed?
D’s having great game plans against him, doubling him all over?
Pula a better player and alternative?

What is happening with Cooper??

He got hurt today but up to that point only had 1 catch.

Last 4 games receptions:
2, 4, 2, 1
And
Not over 50 yards in any of them.

Never fully recovered from his injury??
Not a go to guy anymore??
I’m baffled.

What is happening with Cooper??

He got hurt today but up to that point only had 1 catch.

Last 4 games receptions:
2, 4, 2, 1
And
Not over 50 yards in any of them.

Never fully recovered from his injury??
Not a go to guy anymore??
I’m baffled.
I mean, 2 of those games were mostly with Brett Rypien at QB, and one he exited in the first half.

Stafford did miss him on a wide open TD today.

If the injury isn't serious, I think Kupp is still a WR2 for sure, but I will agree he isn't the go-to guy he was in 21-22.

My dumbass traded Puka thinking Kupp would return to form. I am hopeful Rashee Rice or Devonta Smith can start producing soon...

In all fairness some of Kupp's down games were without Stafford but yeah... doesn't look like the Kupp I'm accustomed to.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Cooper Kupp suffered a low ankle sprain in the Rams’ Week 11 win over the Seahawks.

A low ankle sprain would suggest a relatively short recovery time for Kupp, although it’s hard to say with his extensive injury history. The veteran receicer didn’t return to play in Sunday’s win, but he did try to make his way back on the field, which feels like relatively positive sign upon initial diagnosis. The team is expected to evaluate Kupp and his ankle going forward, but it’s possible he misses only a short period of time with his injury. We’ll see how the team lists him come Wednesday when they release their first injury report of the week.

My dumbass traded Puka thinking Kupp would return to form. I am hopeful Rashee Rice or Devonta Smith can start producing soon...

In all fairness some of Kupp's down games were without Stafford but yeah... doesn't look like the Kupp I'm accustomed to.
I made a similar move .... had Puka in my sights ... and let him go when Kupp showed signs of playing .... only to have the bubble burst over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread