What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (2 Viewers)

just went 6th pick of 2nd round in 10 team league, sooner than i thought, I picked 2 picks later and would've passed but was leaning on rolling the dice at pick 23 although not exactly sure what i would've done tbh

I guess it's Roschon that's holding me back. I'm really hoping he can hit it big time, he supposedly has "all the tools".
Saying No to this deal kind of puts Roschon in the top 10 dynasty assets category. Would you say that's true for you?
So, I think Kupp and Dotson are somewhat similar values, right? Opposite ends of their careers but similar oberal dynasty value. So then Vaughn and Roschon for a mid-to-late first and second. If Vaughn is similar to the second rounder, maybe a bit more for my league. Then you're saying that mid-to-late first is somewhere in the ballbark of a top 10 dynasty asset? Surely I'm off somewhere.

Have been trying to trade any one (or two) players for draft picks to consolidate my roster so I can pick up a defense.

Anyway, in a 12-team, 20-man, QRRWWFKD PPR dynasty league, I received an offer of Cooper Kupp and the guy's first and second round pick (if I had to guess, 7-10 spot), for Jahan Dotson, Deuce Vaughn (drafted at #20), and Roschon Johnson (drafted at #13). The roster spots would allow me to keep Abanikanda and snatch up Jaleel McLaughlin.

I thought it was an interesting offer but I didn't go for it, especially as it would work against my general gameplan of trying to maximize the dynasty value of my roster at all times while maintaining good seasonal value.
If by interesting you mean “lol srsly?” I agree. I’m not buying Kupp for that even with a 1st round pick included.

The news for us Kupp owners just gets more tense. It was day-to-day and now it’s couple of weeks and potentially going on IR. Never knew McVay was known to downplay injuries. That’s what the article above states.

Have been trying to trade any one (or two) players for draft picks to consolidate my roster so I can pick up a defense.

Anyway, in a 12-team, 20-man, QRRWWFKD PPR dynasty league, I received an offer of Cooper Kupp and the guy's first and second round pick (if I had to guess, 7-10 spot), for Jahan Dotson, Deuce Vaughn (drafted at #20), and Roschon Johnson (drafted at #13). The roster spots would allow me to keep Abanikanda and snatch up Jaleel McLaughlin.

I thought it was an interesting offer but I didn't go for it, especially as it would work against my general gameplan of trying to maximize the dynasty value of my roster at all times while maintaining good seasonal value.
If by interesting you mean “lol srsly?” I agree. I’m not buying Kupp for that even with a 1st round pick included.
Glad to hear someone is on the other side on this deal. I was starting to feel crazy for not accepting it.

Think I would be okay with IR at this point if he comes back close to 100%…. Plus being able to put him in the IR slot would help.

Between Kupp and Kelce, we’ve all been reminded of what the cliff can feel like when it comes for one of our guys. I bet there’s going to be some good buying prices on older guys that still put up numbers in dynasty once the year begins to shake out around week 7. Kupp’s value is vaporized. You just can’t hold these older guys if you’re not a contender and I think the sellers are going to be even more eager than usual to unload.

Thinking more about it, a nerve thing might be better - they have drugs to calm that stuff down. :shrug:

Unless it’s a spinal thing. Then it’s bad.

Went for 16% in 0.5 PPR start-3-WR auction tonight. I was shocked, all considered. Kelce went for similar. Both were on my DND list for all intents and purposes.

Not to be the Debbie downer here, but it's also entirely possible Kupps 2021 season was the aberration. Looking at the rest of his career, he had a good season in 2019, but has otherwise been mediocre. And even in 2019, it was a down year for WRs on the whole. He finished as WR4, but most years his scoring was more aligned with a low end WR1/high end WR2. Both those seasons were also buoyed by high TD totals. He sure seemed prime to finish as a top 3 WR last season for sure, and TDs were high as well, so I won't discount that. I just feel some people talk about Kupp as though he's been a top end WR producing highly for years now, and I don't think that's actually the case. Out of 6 seasons, he had 1.5 as an elite WR option and 1 as top 12 type guy. Even without the injury, it's possible he was being a bit overvalued at his original ADP early-mid 1st.
yeah saying he was otherwise mediocre couldn't be more off base and kinda discredits your entire post.

He didn't say Kupp was mediocre. He said that his previous career (prior to the season he went nuclear) was a really good receiver but not necessarily elite. I don't disagree, and liken it to how OBJ was a superstar and IIRC the 1.01 pick in dynasty startup leagues when Eli Manning was force feeding him targets like crazy. Then Eli retired and he got traded to the Browns, and *poof* OBJ turns from a top pick to really good when he's no longer getting 160+ targets a year.

Likewise, it's a lot easier for Kupp to look elite when Stafford fed him 191 targets in 2021. I'd argue that you could take a really good but not elite receiver like DJ Moore and he'd look like an MVP if you force-fed him the same level of targets that Stafford gave Kupp.

Not to be the Debbie downer here, but it's also entirely possible Kupps 2021 season was the aberration. Looking at the rest of his career, he had a good season in 2019, but has otherwise been mediocre. And even in 2019, it was a down year for WRs on the whole. He finished as WR4, but most years his scoring was more aligned with a low end WR1/high end WR2. Both those seasons were also buoyed by high TD totals. He sure seemed prime to finish as a top 3 WR last season for sure, and TDs were high as well, so I won't discount that. I just feel some people talk about Kupp as though he's been a top end WR producing highly for years now, and I don't think that's actually the case. Out of 6 seasons, he had 1.5 as an elite WR option and 1 as top 12 type guy. Even without the injury, it's possible he was being a bit overvalued at his original ADP early-mid 1st.
yeah saying he was otherwise mediocre couldn't be more off base and kinda discredits your entire post.

He didn't say Kupp was mediocre. He said that his previous career (prior to the season he went nuclear) was a really good receiver but not necessarily elite. I don't disagree, and liken it to how OBJ was a superstar and IIRC the 1.01 pick in dynasty startup leagues when Eli Manning was force feeding him targets like crazy. Then Eli retired and he got traded to the Browns, and *poof* OBJ turns from a top pick to really good when he's no longer getting 160+ targets a year.

Likewise, it's a lot easier for Kupp to look elite when Stafford fed him 191 targets in 2021. I'd argue that you could take a really good but not elite receiver like DJ Moore and he'd look like an MVP if you force-fed him the same level of targets that Stafford gave Kupp.
Kupp is the best route runner since Jerry Rice. He deserves that target level.

Huh? Here is his direct quote:

Looking at the rest of his career, he had a good season in 2019, but has otherwise been mediocre.

Looking at the rest of his career, he had a good season in 2019, but has otherwise been mediocre.
Just let it go friend. If the rest of my post you're cutting out of the quote wasn't clarification enough, I'd figure the several follow up posts I made would have been. You disagree. That's fine. But you're obviously misconstruing what I said, and at this point I can't see how it could be accidental. Much the opposite, it feels being purposefully obtuse. And to what end really?

Just let it go friend. If the rest of the post you're cutting out wasn't clarification enough, I'd figure the several follow up posts would have been, unless you're purposefully being obtuse in an attempt to score imaginary internet points. You disagree. That's fine. But you're obviously misconstruing what I said, and at this point I can't see how it could be accidental.
you figured wrong, your posts are as clear as mud

I’ve just got a bad feeling about this situation given his age and injury situation and am trying to unload him. I have 2 offers on the table - javonte + van Jefferson for Kupp and drake London for kupp. Standard 12 team league. Not looking for specific advice on which trade is better necessarily… just wondering about value

I’ve just got a bad feeling about this situation given his age and injury situation and am trying to unload him. I have 2 offers on the table - javonte + van Jefferson for Kupp and drake London for kupp. Standard 12 team league. Not looking for specific advice on which trade is better necessarily… just wondering about value
no and no

Kupp could be out for the year and I wouldn't take those.

Kupp could be out for the year and I wouldn't take those.

Standard as in redraft? Or is this a dynasty league?

Standard redraft. Seems to me that if Kupp is dropping to the 4th, that Drake London wouldn’t be too crazy for someone feeling pessimistic about Kupps injury/reinjury potential…. Maybe a bit rich for someone more optimistic

Standard redraft. Seems to me that if Kupp is dropping to the 4th, that Drake London wouldn’t be too crazy for someone feeling pessimistic about Kupps injury/reinjury potential…. Maybe a bit rich for someone more optimistic
Yeah if it was dynasty I'd say that's a slam dunk. And even for redraft I agree, I don't think the Drake one is a terrible offer. I'm not personally high on him and worried a bit about that offense in general. But, with how often they mysteriously don't put Pitts on the field, you'd think it only increases the chances for London. It's still far enough away value wise though where you should be able to get another throw in you want. Or aim for a slightly better WR that isn't uber hyped (or I'd say Ridley but most of those owners are crazy high on him). Maybe DJ Moore or Amari Cooper. You'd still technically be losing value wise, but I understand your injury concerns and don't see either of those two as a bad swap if you are determined to get out from Kupp.

McVay: "Definite possibility" Kupp placed on IR tomorrow
McVay knows those two words don’t go together, right?

Uh, right?
:oldunsure:
Fits in the “definitely maybe” tier of imprecise speech for sure.

It’ll be interesting tomorrow to see how long this IR will be. A month would be optimistic at this point. -Source a beaten down fantasy owner.
They have a week 5 BYE, so if he hits the IR he'll be back week 6 at the earliest, save for a trade to the Chiefs.

Yeah if it was dynasty I'd say that's a slam dunk. And even for redraft I agree, I don't think the Drake one is a terrible offer. I'm not personally high on him and worried a bit about that offense in general. But, with how often they mysteriously don't put Pitts on the field, you'd think it only increases the chances for London. It's still far enough away value wise though where you should be able to get another throw in you want. Or aim for a slightly better WR that isn't uber hyped (or I'd say Ridley but most of those owners are crazy high on him). Maybe DJ Moore or Amari Cooper. You'd still technically be losing value wise, but I understand your injury concerns and don't see either of those two as a bad swap if you are determined to get out from Kupp.
I disagree on dynasty and redraft. Kupp is the kind of guy that wins you leagues. He’s worth the risk. Everyone else mentioned is replaceable. Kupp isn’t replaceable.

Never want to see a guy go down like this. From the leg injury to now this (and a nerve?) it seems like he's on the tail end for sure.
It happens fast. They say age ain’t nothin but a number, but 3-0 is one I try to get out from.

I say this having drafted Davante Adams in 2 leagues. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread