What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (2 Viewers)

My apologies, ladies and gents. My star-crossed keeper team sold the farm to acquire Kupp this week so we bear the blame for this turn of events. Here’s hoping that it’s not serious.

Mcvay just said he doesn't have an update but it doesn't look good.

Rams coach Sean McVay said he had no update on Cooper Kupp (ankle) but added "it didn't look good, it didn't sound good."​

Yikes. Kupp was not able to put any weight on the injury and did not speak to reporters after the game. This has the look and the feel of a multi-week injury, if not a season-ending injury. Kupp is headed for more tests and was not made available to the media after the game. By Monday -- if not later tonight -- we'll probably get a full diagnosis, but the early signs are not good for Kupp.
SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter
Nov 13, 2022, 7:55 PM ET

I'm sorry, I so want to tell you he's going to be OK
I hope he can roll in 4 weeks but...I have my doubts after watching that unfold

Focus on Watson right now
The Rams have a Watson?
Yeah, idk what that means
Waiver Wire is my focus right now
Kupp isn't going to be there, not for a little while at least IMHO
Trying to secure Watson from GB if Kupp hits IR, just trying to be proactive is all
Apologies if it sounds cold
It feels cold this evening from a guy that has likely won at least 1 maybe 2 years due to this guy almost single handedly especially last year.
Hard to be bitter
Such an amazing WR

Last edited:
Dammit. Didn't see the game. Hope he's ok. Salt in wound is i drafted C. Watson in 13th round, but dropped within a week or 2.

The was at he was being helped off he’s out 4-6 weeks if not the year.
I get it

I saw high ankle or fractured fibula, yeah he should be on IR by Mon/Tue

People all have different leagues, most of mine you jump to the front when you have this kind of injury so I will once again encourage folks to look forward vs feeling bad because there's not much you can do. Rams were idiots exposing their franchise players on offense with a subpar idiot chucking the ball, pass was horrific and the DB went right after Kupp's ankle,
But 2022 is pretty much over for Kupp and the Rams

"More tests coming for Cooper Kupp. But at first glance, sounds like he may miss some time but not catastrophic."
Hopefully that means no fracture and no surgery required. But still likely to be multi-week injury. "Catastrophic" would at least mean season ending I would think, so excellent chance he is back before Week 18. Can't read any more into it than that.

"More tests coming for Cooper Kupp. But at first glance, sounds like he may miss some time but not catastrophic."
Hopefully that means no fracture and no surgery required. But still likely to be multi-week injury. "Catastrophic" would at least mean season ending I would think, so excellent chance he is back before Week 18. Can't read any more into it than that.
A lot of chatter that its a high ankle sprain, which sucks, but isn't season ending. Assuming that is on the nose, its usually 3-5 weeks, depending on severity, though with a somewhat elevated chance of re-injury.

A lot of chatter that its a high ankle sprain, which sucks, but isn't season ending. Assuming that is on the nose, its usually 3-5 weeks, depending on severity, though with a somewhat elevated chance of re-injury.
A high ankle sprain could absolutely be season-ending. It could be anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple of months. There could be ligament damage or even a bone fracture. Until we know more, I would assume amulti week injury. This did not look like a minor one from what I saw.

What are Kupp owners doing for a WR (aside from :cry:) ? Going after Robinson (he's already rostered in my league) , Van Jefferson ...Skowronek (noticed he had 7 targets) --OR looking elsewhere?

What are Kupp owners doing for a WR (aside from :cry:) ? Going after Robinson (he's already rostered in my league) , Van Jefferson ...Skowronek (noticed he had 7 targets) --OR looking elsewhere?
Short term, Van Jefferson. Had him then dropped him this week. Need to get him back.

Rest of the way, going to offer up Kupp to the 1-9 owner as an enticing keeper and see what I can get off of him.

The SB Champs that don’t have a 1st round pick aren’t shutting down the season in week 11 imo. A month from now, if their standing hasn’t improved, basic math might force them to concede.
What the SB champs want to believe and how they are actually playing seem to be two different things. The Rams are not good this year. Another month won't change that reality.

The SB Champs that don’t have a 1st round pick aren’t shutting down the season in week 11 imo. A month from now, if their standing hasn’t improved, basic math might force them to concede.
What the SB champs want to believe and how they are actually playing seem to be two different things. The Rams are not good this year. Another month won't change that reality.
I don't disagree. The Rams are and have been bad. The Rams can't determine if they are bad or not. They do get to determine when they want to make strategic decisions with only next season in mind. Maybe they are ready to throw in the towel and give up now, but I would be very surprised by that. I would think Kupp and McVay's current mindset is that Kupp needs to rehab hard to get back for their expected playoff run. Another a couple losses and their delusion of a playoff run will be mathematically dead.

Short term, Van Jefferson. Had him then dropped him this week. Need to get him back.

Rest of the way, going to offer up Kupp to the 1-9 owner as an enticing keeper and see what I can get off of him.
Also just grabbed Johan Dotson before the game tonight to make sure I have a body for next week.

Also just grabbed Johan Dotson before the game tonight to make sure I have a body for next week.
Nice move -- He's available for me but I cant drop anyone right now unfortunately --- glad I grabbed DPJ last week

Schefter

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cooper Kupp has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain and the prognosis "doesn't look good."​

Players can race back from high-ankle sprains in as little as two weeks, but they are often 4-8 week marathons. It would certainly appear the Rams are expecting on the higher end of that timetable. With the 3-6 Rams' campaign already largely drain circled, it wouldn't be surprising if the reigning Offensive Player of the Year was simply shut down. It's a calamity for fantasy managers, one where they won't be able to look "in house" in Los Angeles for a legitimate replacement. Allen Robinson is likely already rostered and neither Van Jefferson nor Ben Skowronek seem to have the right WR4 stuff. Kupp could end up a drop, but fantasy managers obviously need to sit tight for the time being. We hope your league has an injured reserve spot.

So… there has to be a very slim chance he’s back this season no? 4-6 weeks at minimum and Rams will absolutely be out of the playoff race and no reason to bring him back by then.

In leagues with no IR, would still be a tough drop. Deal him for whatever you can get to a more optimistic owner?

Last edited:

Nice move -- He's available for me but I cant drop anyone right now unfortunately --- glad I grabbed DPJ last week
Kupp owner in two leagues. I'm looking at C Watson, DPJ, and P Campbell who seems to be in the fray now with Ryan back.

Kupp owner in two leagues. I'm looking at C Watson, DPJ, and P Campbell who seems to be in the fray now with Ryan back.
Three nice options.

Have Kupp in two leagues. Think I can manage in the league I'm 7-3 in (stashing Nuk worked out well), other one I'm 5-5 with three other WRs on bye this week, so probably need to trade. What's a fair return to a contender who can afford to stash?

Seems like Allen Robinson can take this role.
He's rostered in my league unfortunately. Van Jefferson is available -- but I'm still mulling it over --

Not sure he's totally right just right. Stafford's 2022 deep ball and this OL def ain't right.

31, 18 and 17 snaps.
18 and 15 routes run (WK 11 not released yet)
0, 5 and 3 targets

A year ago he was consistently seeing 40-45 routes run per game (depending on game script), over 500 routes for the season. 13 splash plays over 20, 5 over 40. Very consistent - never went more than two games without a 20+ reception. Haven't seen it from him or this offense in 2022.

He's rostered in my league unfortunately. Van Jefferson is available -- but I'm still mulling it over --

Not sure he's totally right just right. Stafford's 2022 deep ball and this OL def ain't right.

31, 18 and 17 snaps.
0, 5 and 3 targets

A year ago he was consistently seeing 40-45 routes run per game (depending on game script), over 500 routes for the season. 13 splash plays over 20, 5 over 40. Very consistent - never went more than two games without a 20+ reception. Haven't seen it from him or this offense in 2022.
Thank you -- is that for Jefferson or Robinson?

31, 18 and 17 snaps.
0, 5 and 3 targets

Van Jefferson since he came off IR

Allen Robinson's lost season has seen him as the consistent #2 WR in terms of snaps - every week through the TB game - but last week Skowronek did outsnap him for the first time (55-59) but they're used totally different. AR leads the team in boundary snaps by a good margin, Jefferson has been working the majority of the time from the slot, ditto for Skowronek who will also line up at TE (he's 224 and their best blocking WR.) Believe it or not, Robinson has more RZ targets than Kupp (13-11) and also has seen more targets inside the 10 (10-7) and inside the 5 (6-4.) His production has sucked but you could make a case for him having positive regression for TDs, def should have a couple more than the 2 he has scored this year based on his history and league averages.

Lions have the Rams #1 pick this year so keep losing!!
Love the enthusiasm and would feel similar
Also should be noted that the Rams made BIG MOVES and won a Suer Bowl with the Lions' former starting QB
I'm not sure the Lions got one over on the Rams

They didn't, but a top 10 pick is better than #32.
Or how about forfeiting your 1st Rd pick like my beloved Miami Dolphins?
I wasn't kidding when I said Super Bowl or bust when they announced the team/owner punishments
I'd love to hand Roger #32

31, 18 and 17 snaps.
0, 5 and 3 targets

Allen Robinson's lost season has seen him as the consistent #2 WR in terms of snaps - every week through the TB game - but last week Skowronek did outsnap him for the first time (55-59) but they're used totally different. AR leads the team in boundary snaps by a good margin, Jefferson has been working the majority of the time from the slot, ditto for Skowronek who will also line up at TE (he's 224 and their best blocking WR.) Believe it or not, Robinson has more RZ targets than Kupp (13-11) and also has seen more targets inside the 10 (10-7) and inside the 5 (6-4.) His production has sucked but you could make a case for him having positive regression for TDs, def should have a couple more than the 2 he has scored this year based on his history and league averages.
I’m not sure Jefferson can beat #1 coverages.

Well as somebody who has Kupp, I guess holding onto ARob all year finally paid off, although I doubt he even gives half of Kupp’s production. But, what can you do.

31, 18 and 17 snaps.
0, 5 and 3 targets

I’m not sure Jefferson can beat #1 coverages.

I'm not sure Van could beat a decent college slot corner rn. Might not see the guy he has been until Y2 of the recovery.

Lions have the Rams #1 pick this year so keep losing!!
Love the enthusiasm and would feel similar
Also should be noted that the Rams made BIG MOVES and won a Suer Bowl with the Lions' former starting QB
I'm not sure the Lions got one over on the Rams

They didn't, but a top 10 pick is better than #32.
I was posting on these boards when that trade was made that the Lions took a worse deal to appease Stafford. In other words not a good deal for them and I was hammering them for it. Pretty reliable sources say Carolina thought they had reached agreement on a trade that would have netted the Lions Carolina's pick 8 in 2021 plus some additional later round picks. As we know the first of those picks ended up being 32 and while we'll never know what the Lions would have done at pick 8 they could have chose Horn, Surtain, Parsons or Fields. Of traded back like the Giants did and move back a few spots and get a 2023#1. That trade has only looked worse and worse to me since they made it until the Rams crumbled. Still going to be hard to beat what they could have had but now they got a shot. Hope it works out for them as well as it did for Stafford.

Sorry to others looking for a Kupp update but then the only thing to really update is if McVay indicates they are leaving the door open for him to return later or are they going to just shut him down and even if they leave the door open he may not make it back. I'd still can't bring myself to cut him unless McVay say's his season is done.

Users who are viewing this thread