What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (1 Viewer)

Odd move by the Browns unless they have seen massive improvement at practice since that Baltimore game. If he stinks it up again he won't last long as Walker will be back in there.
Pretty sucky for Cooper though really hurts if you own him and I do in several leagues. Looked like a smash start this week now not so much.

Still feels like he's QB proof. One game isn't enough for me to change that opinion
I think that’s fair - DTR is almost certainly going to pepper Coop with targets. Just a matter of how efficient he can be with those targets.
I'm not playing Cooper this week. Hoping he is QB proof, but man, DTR was very bad and I don't have much confidence.
Ya i see the Browns just feeding the RBs and letting the defense keep it close ,with an occasional throw to keep Pittsburg honest.

I sat Cooper as well for Zay Flowers

He is unstartable...and with DTR droppable. Frustrating as we get to crunch time for those of us not locked into a playoff spot.

He is unstartable...and with DTR droppable. Frustrating as we get to crunch time for those of us not locked into a playoff spot.
Agree that his value has plummeted with DTR, but keep in mind that DTR may not go this weekend with his concussion. Cooper has produced with Walker, and probably could as well if it's actually Flacco behind center.

Agree that his value has plummeted with DTR, but keep in mind that DTR may not go this weekend with his concussion. Cooper has produced with Walker, and probably could as well if it's actually Flacco behind center.
I agree that he should be started with Walker. Walker will probably just lock onto him. Same with Flacco. Assuming health cooperates. DTR's inaccuracy is wild but I can see why they are sticking with him as he could be a future piece of something.

Amari Cooper (concussion/ribs) did not practice on Thursday.
Cooper has yet to practice this week and is trending toward missing Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. Only four days removed from his concussion, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Cooper miss Week 14, as most players have failed to get on the field a week after first suffering a concussion. If Cooper is unable to go, Elijah Moore and David Njoku would see a slight boost in their fantasy outlooks.

I sincerely hope at some point in the next year or 3 Amari gets a full season of decent QB play. I feel like he’s still a great WR and still possible of being a top 24WR across a season and maybe even higher. He’s still got it. Just don’t know how that QB arrives in Cleveland anytime soon

I sincerely hope at some point in the next year or 3 Amari gets a full season of decent QB play. I feel like he’s still a great WR and still possible of being a top 24WR across a season and maybe even higher. He’s still got it. Just don’t know how that QB arrives in Cleveland anytime soon
I don’t know - he’s not getting any younger and is tethered to Watson for at least another year. May be too late by the time he gets a more credible QB.

Playing Sunday. I don't think I've seen any rankings adjust for the news. Is he around the Jayden Reed area? Lower? Higher? JAX has been generous vs WR, not sure who the Browns QB is.

Not sure I can trust him right now. He hasn’t finished the last 2 games due to injuries and has otherwise been ineffective…has failed to hit double digits in 8/11 games prior (non PPR league) to these injury outings. I need an extra WR for my flex with James Conner on a bye, but having a hard time clicking on Cooper. My other WRs…Wilson, Waddle, Myers, and Doubs. I may just stick with those 4 this week.

ETA… the above is code telling everyone to start Cooper everywhere, because if I keep him on the bench he will have a 30 pt day. You have been advised.

Not sure I can trust him right now. He hasn’t finished the last 2 games due to injuries and has otherwise been ineffective…has failed to hit double digits in 8/11 games prior (non PPR league) to these injury outings. I need an extra WR for my flex with James Conner on a bye, but having a hard time clicking on Cooper. My other WRs…Wilson, Waddle, Myers, and Doubs. I may just stick with those 4 this week.

ETA… the above is code telling everyone to start Cooper everywhere, because if I keep him on the bench he will have a 30 pt day. You have been advised.
Yea. Trusting cooper is hard to do right now. I’m probably rolling with Ferguson and hoping for a td or two

Whoever lucked into starting this guy may win a few fantasy titles. What a game.
Lucked?
Yeah how was this luck?

I guess I didn't see him as a top flight WR before the advent of Flacco with games of 34, 14, 34 and 77 yards with no TDs. Unexpected playoff MVP
Nobody saw this coming obviously but he was averaging 9 targets per game the last 3 weeks since getting healthy and Flacco taking over. Every site seemed to have him ranked as a top 20 WR for the week and it was a good matchup. I played him over Puka this week and sure felt dumb Thursday night.

Notwithstanding yesterday, Cooper has had another low key solid year (72-1250-5 thus far) despite some very uneven QB play through most of the season.

This is for another thread, but it’s another reminder for next year not to always try to look for the young WRs, but also focus on proven commodities that can still produce. Evans, Keenan Allen and Adams fall in that same bucket. WRs in their late 20s/early 30s often do not follow the same trajectory of their RB counterparts of the same age in terms of falling of the cliff then.

Notwithstanding yesterday, Cooper has had another low key solid year (72-1250-5 thus far) despite some very uneven QB play through most of the season.

This is for another thread, but it’s another reminder for next year not to always try to look for the young WRs, but also focus on proven commodities that can still produce. Evans, Keenan Allen and Adams fall in that same bucket. WRs in their late 20s/early 30s often do not follow the same trajectory of their RB counterparts of the same age in terms of falling of the cliff then.
I partly agree and partly disagree. Older receivers may fall in redraft leagues, but WR 31 or older are not great bets for Top 10 numbers. Allen is on track to finish in the Top Ten (if he gets back on the field). But he’s just the second WR 31+ to rank in the Top 10 in the past 6 seasons (Edelman was the other). Like any player, where an older WR was actually drafted will play a huge role in determining if they were a fantasy asset or a net loss.

Users who are viewing this thread