What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

With Peyton gone for 2-3 months.. (1 Viewer)

r0llin_game

Footballguy
So far in a couple 12 team leagues I've been offered

I would receive:

Jay Cutler

Brandon Jacobs

Marshawn Lynch

Ben Tate

'12 2nd

For:

LeSean McCoy

--------------------

I would receive:

Tony Romo

Heath Miller

Indy DST

For:

Roy Helu

Randall Cobb

Greg Little

The 2nd offer wasn't that bad for Romo, but I don't have much WR help to begin with.

What have others been sent thus far or received?

OP - I don't understand the post - none of the players in your trades were affected by Peyton Manning being out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP - I don't understand the post - none of the players in your trades were affected by Peyton Manning being out.
was thining the same thingPeyton owner in 2 dynasty leagues :wall: . been trying to make moves for QBs like Bradford, Eli or Big Ben.

I own Wayne in a couple leagues. I am going to wait a week or 2 & see what happens before I panic & try to move him.

Late August, with early rumors, I traded Manning for Flacco and a 1st.

Before he was officially out I traded Wayne for Little and a 1st.

Keep 10 league, 12 teams, non-ppr

Here's what I received a few days ago for Peyton...

Hoyer, Brian NEP QB for for Manning, Peyton IND QB

I gave: manning

Received: 2012 2nd which should be high

Got to get something out of him. Next year he will be 37 and coming off major injury, his value isn't getting any better.

I gave: manningReceived: 2012 2nd which should be highGot to get something out of him. Next year he will be 37 and coming off major injury, his value isn't getting any better.
If your a risk-taker, his value will get better the closer he gets back to playing, some good trades will be able to be had then; of course if he has a set back, your stuck.

Thanks, keep us updated on the trades in your leagues.
You are welcome. Any trades you would like to share since you seem to be in a positive and sharing mood?
At least your deal actually INVOLVED Manning. Not sure what dealing for Jay Cutler (in OP) has to do with dealing Manning or dealing for Manning.
Those are two different teams I own Manning in. Guess I could have made that more clear.

I gave: manningReceived: 2012 2nd which should be highGot to get something out of him. Next year he will be 37 and coming off major injury, his value isn't getting any better.
If your a risk-taker, his value will get better the closer he gets back to playing, some good trades will be able to be had then; of course if he has a set back, your stuck.
Even if he comes back I'm not so sure his value rebounds quite the way you're thinking. My feeling is he isn't done and will put up some good numbers for a few more seasons, but it seems like most people are treating him like a 35 year old running back. Even in large leagues and others where QBs are a premium I think his top value is a late first/early second for the remainder of his career even if he recovers nicely.

Thanks, keep us updated on the trades in your leagues.
You are welcome. Any trades you would like to share since you seem to be in a positive and sharing mood?
At least your deal actually INVOLVED Manning. Not sure what dealing for Jay Cutler (in OP) has to do with dealing Manning or dealing for Manning.
Those are two different teams I own Manning in. Guess I could have made that more clear.
You were fine. Some people just can't figure #### out.

I only own Manning in 2 dynasty leagues. In 1 of those leagues I have Vick as my starter, but I have been trying to get a good backup. I've offered Manning plus a RB like Addai but have gotten no bites.

In the other league I own him, he was my starter, and the only other starting QB I had on roster was Fitzpatrick. So I made this trade-

Gave: Fitzpatrick, Kaepernick, Holmes

Got: Cutler, Locker, Harvin

I am going into the season with Cutler, and not feeling that great about it. I've floated other offers including Cutler OR Manning, McGahee, and Burress but haven't gotten any bites.

Hoping Cutler only has to play 2 or 3 months and I get Manning back for my potential 3 peat in this league.

I have Manning in a start 2QB dynasty alongside Rivers and Romo. So I'm not too worried about my starters, but I have no depth now. Obviously the QB waiver wire is pretty bare. I traded for Locker. Acquired Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson, and Bruce Gradkowski off the wire. I also acquire Volek to back up Rivers and I'm in discussions to get Kitna off another owner.

'moderated said:
I gave: manning

Received: 2012 2nd which should be high

Got to get something out of him. Next year he will be 37 and coming off major injury, his value isn't getting any better.
No, he turned 35 in March and will be 36 in 2012 (and one year can make a big difference once a player hits their mid-30s).

Users who are viewing this thread