What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS: Quarantine Edition? (1 Viewer)

It's not a joke, cards on the table time.  I could have phoned I could spoke but how to break the news without breaking your heart

1.  1977-93 or longer time period with "no awards" filter?

2.  Dice or no dice?

2a.  Would dice be a dealbreaker for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: RnR
It's not a joke, cards on the table time.  I could have phoned I could spoke but how to break the news without breaking your heart

2.  Dice or no dice?

1.  :thumbup:

2.  :yes:

3.  :no:

2.  Dice or no dice?

1. 1977-93

2. One dice roll at end of round

2a. Nope

2.  Dice or no dice?

1. 1977-1993 works for me.

2. I'm good either way.

3. Of course not.

Here's my count (led by our captain and then order of appearance in thread)

1- Eephus
2- RnR
3- jfranco77
4- HellToupee
5- Spartans Rule
6- FDAS
7- DougB
8- Rodg12
9- Bogart
10- Kraft
11- moops
12- Tre
13- Hoos
14- Koya
15- Scoobus
16- cheese
17- NV
18- Chem X
19- Dungeon Master
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-

The older, more mellowed Koya is fine with whatever the consensus is.

Confident in my legacy(tm).

2.  Dice or no dice?

1. 77-93, but fine with either

2. Either

2a. No

One thing we could do is do one communal dice roll at the end of each round so if a two was rolled, everyone would get the second best season for the player they drafted that round.
I like this idea in theory, but the tricky part is how to rank seasons. WIS salary doesn't always work well because it's so PA/IP based. Letting people do it themselves could lead to nerd meltdowns when the communal roll is worst season and someone stuck a guy's best year there.

I like this idea in theory, but the tricky part is how to rank seasons. WIS salary doesn't always work well because it's so PA/IP based. Letting people do it themselves could lead to nerd meltdowns when the communal roll is worst season and someone stuck a guy's best year there.
Wouldn't that just add to the randomness?  Seems like the whole idea to me.

2.  Dice or no dice?

1. 77-93 or longer ... all good. Like the "no awards" filter idea a lot.

2. Take it or leave it

3. Not a dealbreaker

The default ranking will be the top three seasons of the drafted player by WIS salary.  If somebody wants to substitute another eligible season for one of the three, they need to specify that before the dice roll.

I don't think this will be a frequent occurrence based on my foggy recollection of the Dice Wars league, although there's a big difference between three and six usable seasons.

I have no idea what this is, but I am definitely a nerd and my list of magic beisubol drafts and auctions are running out.
For a decade or more we did these era-based drafts and played them out on the WhatIfSports simulation platform. Now that we're all stuck at home, we're trying again for the first time in ~5 years.

Basic parameters: 25-round draft to make your roster, then we load it all up into a 24-team league on WIS and it plays out a 162-game season + playoffs. The sim engine simulates three games a day (one in the morning, afternoon and evening)... you're in full managerial control of setting lineups, alignments, strategy, etc. for your team and can update them at anytime between games. So it's a good 2+ months of entertainment.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but the nerds can help fill the gaps.

Last time I did this (10+ years ago) I drafted players I thought were good and cool and other people were drafting guys who hit like .389 in 19 at-bats in 1977 in the first round. Is it still that way? I went like 32-130. 

Last time I did this (10+ years ago) I drafted players I thought were good and cool and other people were drafting guys who hit like .389 in 19 at-bats in 1977 in the first round. Is it still that way? I went like 32-130. 
likely still that way

good the oso-call from scoobus. i'm up for this.

p.s. not sure i'm over the abandonment of the 2018 BTTF simulation. we just ignoring that now?

The draft center search options seem to be fixed now(ie can't be changed), looks like no more searching for + numbers :kicksrock:  

I’m just as hopeless in this format, but I’ve already researched so I’m committed now. 

Users who are viewing this thread