What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Windows 10 Update, now Wireless adapter driver issues (1 Viewer)

mlbnfl

Footballguy
Hey everyone,

Been pulling my hair out a bit but seems none of the easy fixes can take care of this. It seems the desktop updated and now no wireless networks are available (and WiFi is not even an option. Problem found “The Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems”.

Saw some more complicated explainations, but quite frankly there’s usually someone on here that explains stuff like this in a much more understandable way. Any help appreciated. 

Its a dell Inspiron 5490 AIO. 

Hey everyone,

Been pulling my hair out a bit but seems none of the easy fixes can take care of this. It seems the desktop updated and now no wireless networks are available (and WiFi is not even an option. Problem found “The Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems”.

Saw some more complicated explainations, but quite frankly there’s usually someone on here that explains stuff like this in a much more understandable way. Any help appreciated. 

Its a dell Inspiron 5490 AIO. 
See if you can grab an updated driver from Dell.  Go to https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?~ck=mn and type in your service tag number into the search box (Service Tag number is 7 character alphanumeric on the back) .  And then click on drivers and downloads (I think) and filter for type = network.  Something along those lines.  I may be forgetting a mouse-click or two, but you should be able to pulll up a wifi driver.  

If you can connect from that computer to the Internet with a cable, then you can also accept the prompt to install Dell support assistant and it will automatically detect, download, and install all drivers it thinks you need to update.

Good luck.

Can you roll the update back?
Unfortunately not, apparently it’s been at least X days since the update and isn’t allowed anymore.

See if you can grab an updated driver from Dell.  Go to https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?~ck=mn and type in your service tag number into the search box (Service Tag number is 7 character alphanumeric on the back) .  And then click on drivers and downloads (I think) and filter for type = network.  Something along those lines.  I may be forgetting a mouse-click or two, but you should be able to pulll up a wifi driver.  

If you can connect from that computer to the Internet with a cable, then you can also accept the prompt to install Dell support assistant and it will automatically detect, download, and install all drivers it thinks you need to update.

Good luck.
Thanks I think I’ll have to give that a shot. Going to see what I can download.

Users who are viewing this thread