What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will the Pittsburgh Stillers Pass on Bridgewater with pick #1? (1 Viewer)

fred_1_15301 said:
Godsbrother said:
ebsteelers said:
Godsbrother said:
Assuming the Steelers do get a top 5, there is no way I want them drafting a QB. Even setting aside the possible bust factor, putting a rookie QB to run this team would be crazy.
why? ben isnt going to play forever, its not like 5-10 years where you wait on rookie qbs..(besides ben 10 years ago)

they come in and need to contribute..it cant get any worse.. to add another o linemen in the top 5 wont be the answer. clearly the development in the oline isnt there.

I wouldnt mind seeing Bridgewater, or Marotia come in here. Landry Jones isn the answer, and qb needs to be addressed sooner or later.

I love Ben but hes got a huge salary and its hurts when you cant add quality at any other spots
Because the Steelers problems are not at QB. The offensive line is horrible and even worse there is no depth. Manny Sanders is gone next year and so is Cotchery so you are going to be very thin at WR. Bell looked good yesterday but that was one game -- and behind him you have Dwyer, Redman and Felix Jones. Putting a rookie QB with this group will be a disaster.

The defense has absolutely no play makers and the outlook for 2014 is even worse. Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor may all be gone next year. What are you going to do for a secondary? Did you see Cotex Allen yesterday?

Keisel may be done and Foote is almost certainly gone. Ziggy Hood and Jason Worilds are both UFA and frankly I don't think I want either of them back.

The Steelers have so many needs on defense that it actually trumps their needs on the offensive line.

Drafting a QB in the 1st round next year makes absolutely no sense to me.
You've just made me vomit in my mouth a little with the bleak outlook truth.
Fixed.

:mellow:

JaxBill said:
Paulymaggs said:
It's simply a backwards franchise. Zero interest in analytics in this day and age? http://www.steelerslounge.com/2013/08/steelers-apparently-shown-interest-curiosity-analytics/
Jags have a huge interest in analytics and the owners' son is VP of Analytics but it hasn't helped them.
They've had an absolutely BRUTAL schedule so far..... and that's including AT Oakland, where it's still not easy to play despite how horrible ppl think the raiders are.

JaxBill said:
Paulymaggs said:
It's simply a backwards franchise. Zero interest in analytics in this day and age? http://www.steelerslounge.com/2013/08/steelers-apparently-shown-interest-curiosity-analytics/
Jags have a huge interest in analytics and the owners' son is VP of Analytics but it hasn't helped them.
They've had an absolutely BRUTAL schedule so far..... and that's including AT Oakland, where it's still not easy to play despite how horrible ppl think the raiders are.
Jags schedule is ridiculous this season. This week is at St. Louis which is a potentially beatable team but that's a rough place to play. Then they go to Denver in 2 weeks (!) - they serious could be 27 point underdogs in that one.

-QG

JaxBill said:
Paulymaggs said:
Jags schedule is ridiculous this season. This week is at St. Louis which is a potentially beatable team but that's a rough place to play. Then they go to Denver in 2 weeks (!) - they serious could be 27 point underdogs in that one.

-QG
the jags team is ridiculous

I am starting to be concerned that the steelers may finish poorly enough to get a pick high enough to grab one of the top tier QBs. I agree with many that this is NOT what thy should do, but if they fall in love with a QB i can see it happening

NFL teams love young would-be-franchise QBs

The old steelers organization would not do it, but i am not so sure the organization we see now can be trusted as much

I am starting to be concerned that the steelers may finish poorly enough to get a pick high enough to grab one of the top tier QBs. I agree with many that this is NOT what thy should do, but if they fall in love with a QB i can see it happening

The old steelers organization would not do it, but i am not so sure the organization we see now can be trusted as much
Being that the NFL is a passing oriented league, you can't under estimate the value of a top tier QB who leadership intangibles.

Being that the NFL is a passing oriented league, you can't under estimate the value of a top tier QB who leadership intangibles.
They already have that and they have too many other needs to ignore. They would be better off trading down for more picks or grab a shutdown corner or the best OT in the draft.

They already have that and they have too many other needs to ignore. They would be better off trading down for more picks or grab a shutdown corner or the best OT in the draft.
they can trade down to the Browns. yes, i just typed that.

Steelers typically go best player available. If it's a quarterback, I think they'd do it.
Probably one of the biggest misconceptions about the Steelers.

They go for need 10 times out of 10.

Biggest needs going into this season? A replacement for Harrison, a replacement for Mendenhall, and a replacement for Wallace. First three picks? An OLB, a RB, and a WR.

what is funny is i read his comment as a defense of Ben, but thought it could also be used as an excuse to draft a QB

Users who are viewing this thread