What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

why would anyone drop the TEN def and pick up JAC def instead? (1 Viewer)

emge

Footballguy
I am trying to figure this out, my opponent just dropped the TEN Defense and picked up the Jac to play tomorrow.

He also has MJD and MSW going tomorrow. He's down 59 pts with Addai and Wayne still playing right now.

I am trying to figure out his thinking of why the Jac would do better than the TEN def. Every ranking I've seen has TEN much higher than the JAC d.

any injures on either team that would affect their D? the only reason i can think of is that he didn't want to have MJD and MSW against his defense, but that doesn't seem like the best choice. I would have thought that TEN would have a better chance?

He's probably hoping for Jax to dominate tomorrow since he is down so much. He probably also prefers to have the home team defense for MNF tomorrow.

If he kept the Tennessee defense, he would only have a chance to score points when Jacksonville has the ball. Now, he can potentially score on any given play.

With a deficit that large, any positive play for MJD and Sims-Walker would be a negative for the Titans defense. While most people think the Titans D is a better play than the Jags D, putting in the Jags D gives him a more realistic chance at coming back.

With a deficit that large, any positive play for MJD and Sims-Walker would be a negative for the Titans defense. While most people think the Titans D is a better play than the Jags D, putting in the Jags D gives him a more realistic chance at coming back.
Similar reason here today:Choices of Bradford/Ryan and Eagles/Dolphins. Out of the two matchups, I thought Rogers had a better chance to light up the Dolphins than Ryan lighting up Eagles. So I choose Bradford/Eagles since I didn't want points going up for Ryan than going down on the Eagles. Turns out Eagles/Ryan was the right choice.

you can add drop mid game?
Why not?I just discovered that one of my league doesn't allow it and I think that's really stupid. I had a 4 O'Clock player inactive at the last minute, but I couldn't pick up another late-game player to put in. It is pretty lame to have to cut a bench player you like before the 1 o'clock games just to pick up a scrub that plays a late game, just in case you need him.

The guy has to be crazy to willfully start the Jags D.
A lot of scenarios where he actually covers the spread playing the Jags probably involve Vince Young and Collins getting hurt in the 1st quarter :thumbup: That being said, he likely wasnt planning to start the Titans vs Philly, SD or BYE so dropping them carries very little downside if its actually a better play. Depending on the scoring system, I'd still take my chances on MJD and MSW putting up a ton of yards and only 1 score maybe, with the Titans forcing a lot of turnovers and sacks in the redzone and also getting a score.

I have absolutely no idea how your scoring works, but he's down big so he's probably trying for the home run.

in order for him to catch up, he's thinking he needs big games from mjd and msw, which would possibly kill off the value of tenn def --- he's trying to allow himself points on all 3 players, however unlikely jax is to produce.

like I said, I have no idea on your scoring, but he might've been better off hoping his 2 jax guys score their td's while tenn eats up jax with sacks and picks.

although, you never know in the nfl.

(Depending on the scoring system) I would say it was a bad move. TEN D gives up scores to the opposing teams while still scoring high fantasy wise based on their turnovers and sacks. His best scenario would be to get production from his Jags players and TEN D. Plus 59 pts is very doable with 2 WRs, 2 RBs and a Def still playing, even if a half has passed for 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread